PDA

View Full Version : Sare any of your thoughts on Voices of a Distant Star.

Death Warrior
03-04-2005, 12:33 AM
I personally thought it wasn't that good, come on the whole begining of it was about a guy and a girl text each other back and forth on their phones.

Sophonax
03-04-2005, 04:03 PM
It's an OVA made in 2002, no?
I don't like the story nor the animation.. A mix between 2D and 3D..
-.-;

wizz-o-matic
03-04-2005, 05:57 PM
Hoshi no Koe O.o

*pokes and shuts up the Soph*

It's the beset animation ever!! I realy liked it ^_^
My fave anime ever! The story, animation, music, everything is great. In such a small time (25 minutes) the artist explained everything so well!

Death Warrior
03-04-2005, 06:17 PM
I as i said earlier it was a waste of time

D-man if you are going to post make it about the topic plz

Ollie
03-04-2005, 07:35 PM
D-man if you are going to post make it about the topic plzyes.

do not do it again.

Azreal Hellfire
03-15-2005, 03:36 PM
Voices of a Distant Star, was truely a wonderful work of animation, the story which in my opinion was but a Love poem was very very good and the mix of 2D and 3D animation was great.

xCalypsox
03-18-2005, 06:45 PM
It was good...I liked it, but it was a little boring and really sad...

Mistress Koneko
03-24-2005, 02:30 AM
I remember really liking this anime. It's so short but everything is there. It's so heart breaking and beautiful at the same time.

Azreal Hellfire
03-24-2005, 01:10 PM
It could have been slightly longer though but then again not all art has to be ungodly long.

animeadmirer
03-29-2005, 07:42 PM
Talk about a long distance relationship. And I thought people with partners serving in Iraq had it bad... What happened there will become our reality without a doubt within a century at the very latest.

Azreal Hellfire
04-06-2005, 10:49 AM
I truly hope it never has to come to that, because a long distance relationship over just a couple hundred miles is hard enough much less over distance measured in light years...

animeadmirer
04-11-2005, 09:26 PM
I seriously hope some of the theories concerning time and space is proven wrong. It's going to prove problematic if time flows differently in one planet compared to another.

Devilstears
04-11-2005, 10:00 PM
I read a little about it and it seemed alright but i wasnt sure. I looked at how long it was and it said 30 minutes, thats not long enough and it doesnt seem worth it. But you guys make it sound really good and im always up for a good love story like Rahxephon: The Motion Picture. That was a really good love story right there. Im going to pick it up the next chance i get, then I will tell what I thought about it.

Sword
11-19-2005, 09:38 AM
Voices of a Distant Star really is a nice piece of work. Kudos to Makoto Shinkai. I mean what's wrong with you people? It's so beautiful. Btw it was only made on a basic animation program. I even bought it yesterday...

Wolfwood
11-21-2005, 12:40 AM
its incrediable ^^
the fact apart from the voices and music it was aparently made by 1 guy on his home comp, it just makes it more amazing.
its a really touching story to and has what i think looks like a vandread style space fight ^^;

[BlackDeath]
11-22-2005, 09:32 PM
I was pretty good, though I do agree about the 3D animations, they just ruined it and made it look crappy is the only word I can think of. Storyline wise, original I give it that, who'd ever thought of a story all about a couple texting each other, certainly not I! Originality is what its got, and that's a good thing to have in anything.

gene the man
02-08-2006, 09:35 PM
I have yet to see this anime, but with all of the people's replies it seems like it is worth its weight in...time. ^_^ I personally like movies that are short because you can watch the whole thing and not worry about going to the bathroom at 2:00 a.m. and having to go to school at 5:00 a.m. o.o Plus with the fact that I know some of the people posting here I think that I just have to get this anime. ^_^

FLASH-X
02-09-2006, 01:23 AM
voices of distant star was great anime. It has a great story line and superb direction.

Dr.McDoom!
07-02-2006, 03:44 AM
I only read the story facts. I'd call it Mecha & Apocaliptic Anime.
I only go to view 5 minutes of the begining. Seemed to me like Nagamine and Noboru were gonna make it a nice lovestory, but Nagamine's dorky wish to pilot a Tracer left me to believe it just gonna be another Mecha & Apocaliptic story.

Black knight jason
08-01-2006, 05:20 PM
I remember really liking this anime. It's so short but everything is there. It's so heart breaking and beautiful at the same time.

october breath
08-05-2006, 03:15 PM
I think this anime has a nice change to it. Even though i haven't seen it I like the sound of it. Especially the fact that the female is the one that's doing the fighting http://animeforum.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif