PDA

View Full Version : Are you weird like me and listen to anime music?

m1abrams
01-23-2005, 12:39 PM
Okay I just had to ask this question, I think I am like the only one in my part of the world (Vermont...Blah:badrazz: ) That listens to theme and BGM music from anime series. I have two of the Inuyasha soundtracks I downloaded, and the theme song from Ghost in the Shell: SAC.

I listen to them alot, and when I am listening to it in school and all people see me singing in Japanese (Even though I have no clue what I am saying:laugh: ) They all stare at me strange (I can't blame em :oy:

Is their anyone else out there who listens to Anime music like I do...just wondering if I am alone in the world or not.

Gjallarhorn
01-23-2005, 12:43 PM
i think mostly everyone on here listens to anime music, as well as actual music by jap. singers. just because u listen to jap. music, doesnt mean ur strange. were i live, (literally)everyone listens to rap and hip hop.....no exaguration, and i still listen to jap. music.

that is why there is a forum for "J-pop/rock (and other music)"

m1abrams
01-23-2005, 12:47 PM
I see, now I know I am not alone. Its funny becuase my entire family thinks I am weird

DownRight-eviL
01-23-2005, 12:51 PM
You're not the only one... *Mutters and eye twitches* Heh, I listen to J-Pop and Anime music... Oh, and hip-hop and rap... Gah, I listen to a whole lotta music... =__=

AngelWolf
01-23-2005, 12:59 PM
same here i listen to Jap but still up wit rap, hip-hop and R&B

KazeSniper
01-23-2005, 01:24 PM
I listen to a lot of anime music and everyone thinks I am strange too. T_T

But I do listen to video game music and some English songs at times.

Tsuna Kadiri
01-23-2005, 01:37 PM
I enjoy the occasional .Hack//Sign songs, but other than that I hardly ever listen to anime music. Most of my friends have no idea what "anime" is. But, the ones that do don't listen to the soundtracks, either.

I enjoy Rock and Jazz. Not so much into the anime soundtracks...:)

Tyr
01-23-2005, 01:44 PM
Yep, any music from .hack. That had some of the best music I've heard in ages. Especially Tasogare no Umi. Can't stop humming that one. :D

Tsuna Kadiri
01-23-2005, 01:48 PM
Yep, any music from .hack. That had some of the best music I've heard in ages. Especially Tasogare no Umi. Can't stop humming that one. :D
Yep!! I downloaded about 3 .Hack songs in the past, and I was very pleased:)

Gjallarhorn
01-23-2005, 01:58 PM
i got all the songs from .hack//sign, legend of the twilight, liminality, and the games :ninja:

Tsuna Kadiri
01-23-2005, 02:04 PM
Did either of you download the songs or just buy the cd??

m1abrams
01-24-2005, 04:12 PM
I would love to have some .hack// legend of the twilight music, however I got in bigi trouble with my parents when I downloaded all my Inuyasha music. So I can no longer do that. poo

Tyr
01-24-2005, 04:26 PM
Did either of you download the songs or just buy the cd??Both. I liked the ones I downloaded so much I went out and got the real thing. Saving up for the .hack//SIGN complete series now. Could take awhile though. :<_<:

Zack2
01-24-2005, 06:11 PM
I downloaded so many i have lost intrest in all other music but rock music. Its a good thing that there is one left that i like. It would take to long to list the anime music that i like.

Tsuna Kadiri
01-24-2005, 06:23 PM
Both. I liked the ones I downloaded so much I went out and got the real thing. Saving up for the .hack//SIGN complete series now. Could take awhile though. :<_<:
Did you buy the cd on the internet?? Or is there somewhere/someplace that sells them?

Fire Fox
01-24-2005, 08:56 PM
Not wierd in my opinion. I like lots of them too. Like the OP of The Twelve Kingdoms, Gundam Seed have nice themes too. So, it's not wierd.

Shadow_Warrior
01-24-2005, 10:15 PM
nope your not i have a ranma 1/2 soundtrack i like other songs like....inuyasha....on here dont think you alone lol

m1abrams
01-25-2005, 04:30 PM
I listen to the music way to much now as well. Its what I have in my CD player all the time, and its what I listen to when I am using the computer...lets see what am I listening to right now, oh yes one of my favorites
Every Heart by BoA

Se$sY K@g0m3
01-25-2005, 04:46 PM
i listen anime theam song every time, when im bored, or just feel like listening to it. My fav anime theam song from all anime is inuyasha every heart and dearest,i have every heart in english and japanese, i have it in my cd player, i even download it in my pc.yup!

Tyr
01-25-2005, 05:49 PM
Did you buy the cd on the internet?? Or is there somewhere/someplace that sells them?My friend found this site which sells them so I got it from that. Unfortunately, I have since wiped my PC so I can't tell you the address of the site. Sorry.

Tsuna Kadiri
01-25-2005, 05:54 PM
My friend found this site which sells them so I got it from that. Unfortunately, I have since wiped my PC so I can't tell you the address of the site. Sorry.
That's o.k:) My brother found a website one time that had all of the songs from .Hack on it, I'll just have to ask him. Thanks for trying though!!

m1abrams
01-25-2005, 08:33 PM
You can buy anime soundtracks from all most anywhere, Amazon.com carries all of the Inuyasha soundtracks (Original Soundtrack, the Soundtrack 2 and 3, and the movie soundtrack 1 and 2) They also have the .hack soundtracks, from both .hack//sign and .hack//legend of the twilight. Here is a link though to a place you can download all the Inuyasha soundtracks.

http://www.inuyasha.us/download_soundtrack.asp

They have so much music that I want to dowload but can't, its frustrating. Hope maybe some of you will like it.

Havana
01-26-2005, 12:02 AM
I love J-pop and anime music, it's strange how me and my sisters have three different taste in music. They like Rap, R&B and pop music.

Taikyo
01-27-2005, 12:46 AM
dont think its wierd at all. anime is becoming very popular and i am a fan of dn angel music. but i do love listening to J-pop and k-pop the most...not as much as anime. I guess i can draw better with anime music than any other type music.

Shu-chan_511
01-27-2005, 02:13 AM
yep. i listen to anime, j-pop, and j-rock. i have both cds of gravitation and i want some others so your definitely not alone!http://animeforum.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Missy
01-27-2005, 03:46 AM
i listen to lots n lots n lots of anime songs aLL the time.. hehehehe

Milly
01-27-2005, 05:51 PM
Yes, I'm weird like you because I like anime songs. I don't understand what the lyrics are (well...except the subtitles help me out), but yes I listen to anime music. It's so awesome and unique.

Kumi
01-27-2005, 05:56 PM
I am wierd anyway.....but yes i do listen to anime music......and i don't need lyrics to help me out like milly....i have insane memory......

Mistress Koneko
01-31-2005, 10:41 PM
I listen to anime music all the time. I can't even begin to tell you just how many anime MP3s I have on my computer.

Queen-of-Mars
02-01-2005, 04:06 AM
Because you listen to anime music doesn't make you weird. So far, from what very little anime i've seen, the music sets the scene perfectly, and your mood. Anime music is very good and i'd reccommend it to anyone.

/Aifa|
02-04-2005, 02:17 AM
Dude, if it sounds good. Then why not listen to it??? :D

I myself listen to all kinds of music (rock, pop, hip hop, dance, and anime is one of them!!)

...but, anime music shouldnt be played in your car while you cruise with the windows down. People just wouldnt get it...and cops might pull you over. :(

DeathAngel
02-04-2005, 04:41 AM
are u kidding me...listening to anime music is not crazy...cause if ur crazy i m aso crazy like u...i love anime music...

Chibi Misao
02-04-2005, 09:34 AM
If u guys think that you're weird, then im the weirdest person on earth!!!!...I only listen to anime music.Other than that i also listen to Final Fantasy soundtracks.And here's the crazy part, i don't listen to any other music other than that!!...I don't listen to english songs either.I've stopped listening to english songs eversince i became a major fan of anime.....u see, im so weird... :(

macus alexander bogart
02-04-2005, 09:43 AM
i love it i some times put the dvds on just to listen to the opening/ending songs or the music for the trailers one of my favs are scudilia elecro

Ashminigun
02-18-2005, 09:58 AM
well, you all have found another anime music "freak" from the land of coconuts, sambal petai and inconsiderated drivers on the road (it's true, i also driver but a rational and considrated one but i can be one of them sometimes) it really like anime music that i always hear it all the time. In fact, i transfer some of the music into tape dubbing 'cause i have no CD player in my car T_T (actually that's my sister car) that's helps me to stay alert and energize during my journey to my college 'cause the radio keep playing the same old song.. blah!! 'nough say

FallenDevil
04-04-2005, 08:18 PM
I think the 2nd ova of kenshin ((Rouni Kenshin)) begginning theme song ((with the rock music that turns into little kids singing)) is pretty cool, some others too but i dont download them or anything.... meh i dun really have much music period XD

little:k
04-04-2005, 09:10 PM
I lissen to Sailor moon Ranma and well heh Hamtaro music.
I shouldn't but i do i just like the songs.

Tiggit
04-04-2005, 09:29 PM
anime music is the only music i listen to. ALL anime music.

animeseishi
04-06-2005, 08:25 AM
you are not weird...3/4 of my cd are all anime...i love listening to anime music...

escaflownemoon
04-06-2005, 11:10 AM
I've stopped listening to english music (not completely) since I got into first year of university because I was living in Residence and most people are playing over and over of what was popular songs back then (lastyear) and I couldn't stand it anymore so I found an online radio station that plays anime music and J-music that's when I really became an all 100% anime song /j-pop lover, although I always have listen but not as much as I do now. People that I met asked me why I am listening to it if I don't understand it all that much.

fullmetal_alchemist_fan
04-17-2005, 12:34 PM
Yep,I listen to anime music all the time I'm listening to some right now.

Zeke_Asakura
04-17-2005, 12:37 PM
Yup! always listen to it!!!!

Life and Death
04-19-2005, 07:03 PM
i like anime music.....but not all the time, most of the time i listin to rock. I have to b in the right mood to listin to J-Pop..

sakura gohan mathers
04-19-2005, 07:35 PM
i am the wierdestness person you will ever MEET IN YOUR LIFE!!!

bloodryne
04-19-2005, 07:38 PM
actually, in my country, if u listen to J-pop and J-rock, they reaaalllyyy respect u. i do not think that any songs are weird...(except for indian songs- shiver- )[/B][B]

Zack2
04-19-2005, 07:55 PM
Listening to anime music isn't weird unless you are listening to the weird kind. I listen to a lot of anime music and I like the intro theme from Serial Experiments Lain. That song sooths my mind a bit.

m1abrams
04-19-2005, 08:48 PM
Well there are alot more people who like Anime music than I thought, I just noticed how many people relpied to this and I was astonished really. Currently I have the best mixed CD in the world, its got a bunch of songs from all 3 System of a Down CD's (Chop Suey if my favorite), a bunch of tracks from POD's last CD (Satalite), tons of Linkin Park from all 3 of their CD's, and of course lots of Inuyasha and Ghost in the Shells stuff. Its the only CD I listen to becuase it has all the best music on it.

terry3330
04-19-2005, 08:50 PM
finley someone eles.all my friends say "how can you understand what their sayin" and i say"its just as bad as some of our music " i mean half the time i can understand japanese music better. and i listen to love hina songs

m1abrams
04-20-2005, 11:42 AM
finley someone eles.all my friends say "how can you understand what their sayin" and i say"its just as bad as some of our music " i mean half the time i can understand japanese music better. and i listen to love hina songs

Yes thats what I say to my friends at school, I can't understand what the hell they say in half the rap music they listen too. But I can memorize and sing along with the japanese songs...wich is quite funny. I was singing Inner Universe (Ghost in the Shell: SAC theme song) and everyone around me was giving me strange looks. Its really funny actually...however my brother who is sitting right next to me thinks that its scary that I can sing along to them.

Hikey™
04-20-2005, 08:01 PM
As long the music is catchy and I understand what it means yea. Of coure I listen to alot of anime music 24 hours day though (that mean I'm weird too, right?) I just enjoy the Inuyasha music and the Full Metal Alchemist opening themes.

bloodryne
04-20-2005, 10:15 PM
As long the music is catchy and I understand what it means yea. Of coure I listen to alot of anime music 24 hours day though (that mean I'm weird too, right?) I just enjoy the Inuyasha music and the Full Metal Alchemist opening themes.
oh, yeah.. full metal alchemist songs r the best in the entire world ( r exaggerating urself again, blood?) anywaizz... i do not understand what the japanese songs mean, but i kinda know some tinny - weenie bit, thats all. and i also listen to anime music 24 hours a day to inspire my drawing :paint: ( do not tell them, okay blood ?) whatever. at least, for some time until my dad came spying on me. hepe he is again.... oh, well...:ignore:

Dark-Angel
04-21-2005, 10:15 AM
yea anime music rules and
il listen to it verry often

stomponfrogs
04-25-2005, 01:55 AM
I just recently started listening to some songs on the Inuyasha and Naruto soundtrack. I wanted to buy the soundtrack CD's for Inuyasha, but they were way too expensive. Feh. >_<

Crimson Soul
04-25-2005, 02:07 AM
i listen to anime music all the time......including right now....
as for people who think i'm wierd for listening ti it...i just turn up the volume and drown them out....
..i have several burned cd's of anime music actually.....

GO ANIME MUSIC....(currently listening to gundam seed destany ending theme)

Chibi Rae-chan
04-26-2005, 03:16 AM
ANIME MUSIC RULEZ!! http://animegalleries.net/bbs/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

I have lots of anime soundtracks and MP3s you know. And I totally threw a fit when my CD filled with Yu Yu Hakusho MP3s went missing. And it's still missing.... http://animegalleries.net/bbs/images/smilies/dry.gif

I especially like BGMs. Like those of Magic Knight Rayearth...or Naruto. Their BGMs are cool and I love listening to them.

So, Anime Music rulez!! Just like that!! http://animegalleries.net/bbs/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Kari_21
04-26-2005, 05:44 PM
yup i love to listen to anime music, i got this inuyasha cd with the song and it's remix. i also downloaded the theme song to chobits and card captor sakura. i think it's kool.

o'neilll
04-26-2005, 06:02 PM
if u r on this site it aint wierd to listen to anime music..

right now im listening to silent mobius,"kindaNopanse" i think.... very nice:D

bloodryne
05-01-2005, 01:38 PM
aha! it looks like we r not really that weird....heh? wow...--looks around--this is soooo awesome....look!!! all of us is really into anime and manga!!!

Corina
05-01-2005, 07:59 PM
There will never be a day when i'll never listen to anime music ^^

Vash_2007
05-01-2005, 08:04 PM
I listen to anime theme songs like the one to Full Metal Alchemist. an others I also like Boa the japanese singer she is cool.

spawn
05-02-2005, 01:37 AM
Yeah, i listen to anime music sometimes but its embarrasing when friends and family see me do it!! :(

Sexy Angel
05-12-2005, 07:47 AM
ur not weird really..i also listen to anime music..and not only that, i also sing with the music..^-^actually, i have a collection of almost all anime because i like singing them..^-^ if u call anime song listeners weird then, im the WEIRDEST..*sigh*

Sakura_jin237
05-17-2005, 04:16 AM
I love to listen to anime music, but I dont consider it as weird because the one's who sing the anime songs are just songs from j-pop artist's albums. But I really like anime songs, I have a request for everybody, Can anybody please tell me where I can get one?! Pls! if you dont mind telling me.:) :)

blueeyeswhitedragon
05-17-2005, 04:31 PM
no not most of the time

Prince Seven
05-17-2005, 06:43 PM
i listen to inuyasha i have the cd

Elfy
05-17-2005, 08:53 PM
I dowload all my anime music and listen to it lots.

Sakura_jin237
05-18-2005, 03:41 AM
But what I meant was mp3, Could someone pls tell me where I can get them. Bec. I dnt know where to buy a .cd in our country! If it's ok with everyone.

Mutsumi Anami
05-18-2005, 03:53 AM
Oh yeah I love listening to anime music, specially Inuyasha music the best one...Dearest . I recently found a remix of diferent anime piano songs,and love it.
I love one from Evangelion too!
And can't forget....from CardCaptor Sakura!

Acid-Fang
05-19-2005, 11:55 AM
I love anime music!, espically Trigun: First Doughnuts, Trigun: Second Dought *Happy Pack*, Trigun: Spicey Stewed Doughnuts, Hellsing:Raid, Helling: Ruin, and the Macross Soundtracks!

Gizoku
05-19-2005, 07:31 PM
i like listing to jpop and j rock and etc
i listen to the theme songs of alot of anime

Deshwitat
05-19-2005, 09:39 PM
I listen to it too your not weird lol but none of my other friends like that kinda stuff

Shamankingfangirl
05-22-2005, 12:23 PM
All of my friends ( best friends that is) listen to: J-rock, J-pop, and Anime Music, but I don't think that anyone is weird because of what they listen to!

Ami~chan
05-22-2005, 12:28 PM
Ah, no! You're not weird! I listen to anime music all the time. My favorite two cd's would have to be my Boogiepop Phantom and my Chobits (vol. 1).

pretty-kitty
05-22-2005, 09:08 PM
hehe i listen to the sound tracks to inuyasha almost every night when i go to bed

pickdaddy
05-23-2005, 01:33 PM
i like the music from mostly any anime show and any rpg that has good music

Capernicus
05-23-2005, 03:56 PM
I notice a lot of you listen to .hacksign music. Though I can't say that I do, I do listen to jap music. Mostly pop. Actually, I was in a fast food place once and singing the Azumanga Daioh theme song a little louder than I intended.:D I think everyone was starring at me.

Galrad
09-14-2005, 06:39 PM
Anime music's Great! I prefer actual J-rock, however...

harakiri
09-14-2005, 06:40 PM
I listen to anime music too.

Galrad
09-14-2005, 06:42 PM
I notice a lot of you listen to .hacksign music. Though I can't say that I do, I do listen to jap music. Mostly pop. Actually, I was in a fast food place once and singing the Azumanga Daioh theme song a little louder than I intended.:D I think everyone was starring at me. Ha ha I did that in the middle of class once... everyone thinks I'm weird now... Well, actually, They've always Thought I've been weird... oh well..

The Archangel
09-14-2005, 07:02 PM
i do

Chi#1
09-14-2005, 07:09 PM
ACTUALLY....i think i'm wierder than you...i do listen to j rock and jpop..one of my goals in life is to go to japan and visit edo or somwehere like that....i live breathe and eat anything jap that i can get my grubbey lil hands on...lmao....can you guess what my fav food is ?....ramen!...*i wish i had a kimono...-_-;...*...the weird part is...can you believe i'm jamacian...i mean how much black pple do u see liking this stuff?...especially pple from the islands...

Marie2007
09-14-2005, 07:23 PM
i do sometimes

Teh Donny Koro
09-14-2005, 07:31 PM
:o

Dear gwad yes :D And the weird thing is, I can sing the song flawlessly, and so not know what I'm saying XD. I wanna travel to Japan after high school and...O-o...listen to J-pop/rock/rap there :D

teed
09-15-2005, 03:23 AM
that's not weird...ok..just my family thinks its weird 2 hear japanese songs..but i never cared!! i have 100 of them i downloaded them and listen 2 them everyday!! i made my sisters listen with me...they liked it!!

ChaosShadow
09-15-2005, 03:27 AM
Hey i think anime music is great compared to some of the music that's out there. No affense.

Chi#1
09-15-2005, 09:08 AM
when pple hear me sing it they ask if i kno what it means...and i say...NOPE!..^_^...no clue!...lmao!

mimichan1000
09-15-2005, 01:40 PM
there's nothing weird about it! music is music! i have loads of anime soundtracks!;) :groupwave

S_C_L-1
10-20-2005, 05:35 AM
yes actually... my current fav in anime music would b the intro theme to Guu Final! i just love it! (for some reason)

FierceFeli.
10-21-2005, 03:03 PM
Man, I dont know more than like 20 Japaneese anime words... And I listen often to that song :
Boy friends - Full metal alchemist
I dont know what they sing, but that song is making me happy and I listen to it anyway XD
so I am just as wierd as you!

.Lovebeat
10-21-2005, 03:08 PM
I do listen to anime music...but I don't call myself weirdo o.O I'm cool!! XD I download lots of anime music, and I'm trying to find the lyrics so I can sing along too! Lol! XD It's so fun to sing in japanese, especially when you sing it correctly :p
I love the songs from "Full moon wo sagashite" (especially Love Chronicle) ^_^

Ωmega
10-21-2005, 03:13 PM
i have tons of anime music...i have music from: noir,galaxy frauline yuna, excel saga,sailor moon,cowboy bebop, perfect blue,kelido star,angelic layer,boogiepop phantom,lain...so many more! too lazy to name....=)

Vagary
10-21-2005, 03:18 PM
I like listening to anime music too. It's kewl.

_Sesshomaru_
10-22-2005, 12:54 PM
i guess that means im weird too, cause i listen to anime music too.:p

_Sesshomaru_
10-22-2005, 12:56 PM
anime music is cool

Saphire
10-22-2005, 01:27 PM
dude im willing to bet you almost every werido on this site does, cause i KNOW I DO!!!!!

Naberius The Slayer
10-22-2005, 03:15 PM
I'm awsomely weird then lol, I love the Project Ako soundtrack lmao.Though some of the tracks are great, at least I think so.

S_C_L-1
10-23-2005, 12:08 AM
i have tons of anime music...i have music from: noir,galaxy frauline yuna, excel saga,sailor moon,cowboy bebop, perfect blue,kelido star,angelic layer,boogiepop phantom,lain...so many more! too lazy to name....=)

heh... the theme for excel saga taught me how to say "run away"