PDA

View Full Version : Rock beats hip hop hand down

XIcemanX
01-19-2005, 09:00 PM
I dont like hip hop or rap you have to go with rock all the way. I know its hard to understand sometimes but rap cant be understood

SlipKnot all the way

Tsuna Kadiri
01-19-2005, 09:09 PM
I dont like hip hop or rap you have to go with rock all the way. I know its hard to understand sometimes but rap cant be understood

SlipKnot all the way
Your my kinda Rocker!!! I don't understand rap either, it gets annoying to me after a while. No offense to people who like rap though!! I used to listen to it, but it got old after awhile.
I'm a Rockchick all the way!!:)

BurningBlazeX
01-19-2005, 09:14 PM
im with the BOTH of you...In Flames is the best band there is!

UltimaChaos
01-20-2005, 06:57 PM
oh yeah! Metal and Hard Rock are the best genres of music there is!!!
Metallica, Morbid Angel, Korn, Green Day, and System of a Down!!!
rock on from the 80s!!

UltimaChaos
01-20-2005, 06:59 PM
all 3 of you are cool for loving rock!

BIG B
01-20-2005, 07:06 PM

SlipKnot all the wayrr is so kkk:p

Tsuna Kadiri
01-20-2005, 07:09 PM
oh yeah! Metal and Hard Rock are the best genres of music there is!!!
Metallica, Morbid Angel, Korn, Green Day, and System of a Down!!!
rock on from the 80s!!
Ahhh, music doesn't get much better than that!!!:D

UltimaChaos
01-20-2005, 07:11 PM
Ahhh, music doesn't get much better than that!!!:D damn straight!http://animeforum.com/images/smilies/laugh.gif

Tsuna Kadiri
01-20-2005, 07:16 PM
damn straight!http://animeforum.com/images/smilies/laugh.gif
Haha!:laugh:

UltimaChaos
01-24-2005, 11:16 AM
:laugh: lol, nice location Tsuna. I like that one

o'neilll
01-24-2005, 01:41 PM
hey, i aint hearing any refference to Tool....

Tsuna Kadiri
01-24-2005, 02:20 PM
:laugh: lol, nice location Tsuna. I like that one
Hehe, weren't you surprised??:laugh:

As for Tool, I have heard of the band, but I cant match a song with the name...
What songs did they make??

UltimaChaos
01-27-2005, 08:49 AM
ive heard of tool, i like them alot too.
my favorite song is Hooker With a Penis

Milly
01-27-2005, 04:49 PM
Rock is really cool, but hip-hop and rap is going to be the number 1 thing I'm goign to listen to all the time. Favorite rockers are: Los Lonely Boys, Linkin Park, Maroon 5, Godsmack and Switchfoot.

AngelWolf
01-27-2005, 05:01 PM
awww common i like rap and hiphop better

Metaldork
01-27-2005, 05:27 PM
Rap and hip hop are poison for your mind

AngelWolf
01-27-2005, 09:12 PM
and rock and heavymetal isnt

Predator
01-28-2005, 12:38 PM
Im kind of an all round guy. But rock is about the music and beats hip hop waaaaaaay down. Most of rap is negative :D You cant dance to rock but hip hop is all about that.

neosetsuna2004
01-28-2005, 01:40 PM
I have to admit that Rock is best than rap or Hip Hop...But there are a lot of tipes of rock so the question is
Do you prefere:
New rock
Heavy metal
Pop rock

Myrra
01-30-2005, 11:14 PM
This thread is getting kind of spammy with all the quoting and one word posts. If this continues, it will be closed

UltimaChaos
01-31-2005, 07:16 AM
rock is now, and will always be, the greatest genre of music out there! Rock was born and has become immortal.

UltimaChaos
01-31-2005, 07:19 AM
I have to admit that Rock is best than rap or Hip Hop...But there are a lot of tipes of rock so the question is
Do you prefere:
New rock
Heavy metal
Pop rock
....Heavy Metal all the way!!
1. i hate pop(fake) rock
2. the new rock bands coming out these days suck and can never compare to bands such as Led Zepplin, Black Sabbath, Guns'n'Roses, Tool, Metallica, and last, but not least, the great Nirvana

Bloodthorn
01-31-2005, 07:24 AM
Tool is my favorite, and also if you like the art for tool go to ALEXGREY.com he does all of there art

MistaCloudStrife
01-31-2005, 07:35 AM
Rock gives me a headache for the most part...

But there there are a few songs i like from certain bands...

Myrra
01-31-2005, 07:44 AM
Boy-o (Ultimate Chaos) any more spam from you (that includes your incessent double posts) and you will be banned. I tire of asking you to stopl

Missy
01-31-2005, 09:02 AM
it's amazing how many people post threads on an Anime Forum about non-Anime subjects. hehe.... but oh well, i can dig... So many opinionated people on here! hehe. Rock is okay to me... i still prefer hiphop and rap.. did you know 40% of rock groups accumulate rap into their songs... listen closely ^^ they flow just like rappers do, but just about different subjects... so its the same to me.. just different styles of music... i like any kind of music... :D ...

Mr. X
01-31-2005, 09:17 AM
I guess I'll come to the aide of rap and the hip hop listeners.
I really hate these rap vs hip hop threads cuz people are always trying to put the folks that listen to rap and/or hip hop down.

Well I have news for you. What heavy metal/rock band group do you know is trying to help a community? As far as I've seen NONE. (Well probably Dave Navarro, but I don't know what he classify as)

Rap and hip hop are poison for your mindThese are the type of comments that pisses me off. Do you listen to the words some of these rappers are saying? Some talk about hoes, *****es, sex, and guns. (excuse the language, but I'm telling it like it is) But have you heard any of the songs talking about life? I doubt it with that comment. I HATE rock and heavy metal, but you don't hear me going around saying people who listen to it are devil warshippers. I have so many negative comments for rock and heavy metal, but I'm not going to say them.

Now I may be hated after this, but then so be it. I can careless. You should think about what you say in the future.

MistaCloudStrife
01-31-2005, 09:21 AM
Yeah, i was kind of offended when they said it was poison for your mind and stuff...

You should really just ignore those close minded people..

Missy
01-31-2005, 09:35 AM
*nod nod nod*... i Agree... Please take into consideration other peoples views and feelings... but its cool... You can say what you want but just keep in mind that it can impact someones views n feelings and can force them to say things to counter your opinions... But hey.. what do i know right? >_< these are just my opinions... i'm jus a girl ^.^

Queen-of-Mars
02-01-2005, 03:04 AM
Rock is for the people who like to head bang, have spikey hair and hate hip hop, stereotypically. The same is of hip hop, except baggy pants, "bling bling" and hate for rock. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but in my own, if you give me a mic and I rhyme nonsense like "I have more money than you, yo", will you give me ten million dollars? Hell, i'll even pull a 50 Cent and get shot 9 times.

In case you haven't noticed...I prefer rock. =)

Missy
02-01-2005, 06:44 AM
True... everyone IS entitled to their own opinion.. I guess there is a natural hate between hip hop and rock... I agree with Mr. X though. Why create an anti-rap thread? on an Anime Forum I might add? I have yet to see a Rap/Hip hop thread that bashes on Rock. It's not like we go around saying "Rock is poison for your mind... Rock is stupid.. They just scream at the top of their lungs about hatred, sadness and killing... And why do they head bang off the beat and wear Black all the time??! Stupid devil-worshippers..." that was just an example. Not all rap is about "bling bling" and baggy pants... They talk about their life and what they've experienced and how it is in the real world of theirs. Alot of rappers now are people who came on top from a bad life.. and they're doing something with their life, They grew up that way, guns... gangs... stayin alive... having to be poor and now they've accomplished something for money... Of course they will talk about it in their music, they don't just rhyme "nonsense"... although i will admit some rappers get carried away in what they say and it sOUnds like nonsense.. But the same goes for Rock, some of the things they say are just nonsense as well, admit it. Don't get me wrong, I listen to rock too and I'm not gonna take sides really, I just want to express the part of me that likes rap. Well all I gotta say is.. i agree with Mr. X... Everyone IS entitled to their own opinion right? >_< you can hate me if you want but hey, I'm still just expressing my thoughts like you guys are...

AngelWolf
02-01-2005, 06:54 AM
heh wow that was good Mr. X and i agree.Phew i thought i was the only 1 who listened to rap and hiphop

Milly
02-01-2005, 07:07 AM
No..AngelWolf. You are not the only one...<_< If you looked back at the first you would've seen me said that I like rap, too.

And I must say MsAeris, I looked at your post (and read the WHOLE thing) and was very impressed and happy about it. Every single thing you said are what I think of rappers, too. Now SOME ppl are just thinking of rappers who have ice in they teeth or bling-bling on their pinky ring, but that is not true. They speak of life, too. For every rapper have you seen them talk about how rough they grew up and how they are happy that they can actually have a chance in life, when some of their family members couldn't? Yes, I would think so.. but some rappers can get carried away, mind you.:<_<:

Mr. X
02-01-2005, 08:19 AM
No..AngelWolf. You are not the only one...<_< If you looked back at the first you would've seen me said that I like rap, too.

And I must say MsAeris, I looked at your post (and read the WHOLE thing) and was very impressed and happy about it. Every single thing you said are what I think of rappers, too. Now SOME ppl are just thinking of rappers who have ice in they teeth or bling-bling on their pinky ring, but that is not true. They speak of life, too. For every rapper have you seen them talk about how rough they grew up and how they are happy that they can actually have a chance in life, when some of their family members couldn't? Yes, I would think so.. but some rappers can get carried away, mind you.:<_<:
Agreed. Just a little bit of more clarification. I'm not saying rap/hip hop is better than rock/metal or vice versa. Even though I prefer rap/hip hop over rock/metal, but I'm a R&B and Gospel person. I only listen to certain rappers. (Mainly old school rappers) Run DMC, LL Cool J, Bone Thugs N Harmony, Fabolous, Outkast, Busta Rhymes, 2pac, Eminem.... you get my point. I don't really care too much for the newer generation of rappers because they only talk about sex this, sex that. Club this, club that. Shoot him, shoot her. Or whatever. But it does beat all that screaming and yelling. Atleast that's what I get when I sit down to see what people like about rock/metal.

AngelWolf
02-01-2005, 03:54 PM
lol yeah but i gotta respect there ways even if they dont respect mine not that im saying u dont. But i listen to all rap, hip-hop, and R&B

Tsuna Kadiri
02-01-2005, 04:58 PM
I don't think this thread was created to bash on hiphop lovers, it was just an opinion, and whomever agreed posted and discussed. Don't take it as offensive, it wasn't intended to be that way....

True, I don't like hip-hop or rap, but i'm not going to judge anyone who does. Everyone has their opinion, and if everyone agreed all the time, the world would sure be boring. I could go on all day about my love for rock and dislike for rap, but I respect those who listen to rap, and any music in the world for that matter. I think all of you respect one another.

Neither rock or rap is portrayed as positive, they both have their good points and bad. It just depends on the person's taste, thats all. :D

Frozen Tears
02-01-2005, 05:23 PM
Hmm Rock Is Alright Sometimes But Im More Into Hip Hop and what Not....Dont get me wrong Im not all that into rock but sometimes I may take the time to Finally take the contoller and turn it from Cartoon Network or BET to see whats happening on MTV I do Kinda Like Good Charlette and Linkin Park...other than that...(shakes head)....

AngelWolf
02-01-2005, 06:13 PM
yeah i got wat ya say FrozenTears and Tsuna

/Aifa|
02-02-2005, 09:43 PM
I always see more rock fans trying to beat down on hip hop fans, than the other way around.

Thats just my generalisation. But the more i see threads like this, the more it becomes a reality for me. That can tell me only one thing: Rock fans like to start trouble and have no respect for other people's different interests, while Rap fans know how to keep things mutual with respect.

I listen to all music, but find hip hop more appealing since it helps me chill, and the lyrics contain a lot of ideas i can learn from. I cant chill when i listen to rock as a series of screams coupled by simultaneous pounding of instruments only makes me want to break something. I do listen to pop/rock with no problem, and more heavier stuff when i excercise since i can never invoke my full strength without being angry. Rock brings that out in me.

If you cant find a way to deal with hip hop, then dont deal with it. Ignore it.

...just my view, im not trying to make enemies.

Missy
02-02-2005, 09:49 PM
I love seeing and hearing peoples opinions. I'm not takin sides here. I didn't mean any disrespect to Rock lovers. :D just stating my opinion like y'all said...

Seductress
02-02-2005, 09:51 PM
I am mostly into the heavy metal and rock, just because I can relate to the music more. ((Ex. Korn, Linkin Park)) I use to be like in love with rap.. but I just liked it because others did. I am not trying to be offensive it just wasn't my thing. I still like some Rap like ICP and the dark carnival. And just some random songs by various aritst that I can feel like I can relate to.

AngelWolf
02-02-2005, 10:34 PM
I always see more rock fans trying to beat down on hip hop fans, than the other way around.

Thats just my generalisation. But the more i see threads like this, the more it becomes a reality for me. That can tell me only one thing: Rock fans like to start trouble and have no respect for other people's different interests, while Rap fans know how to keep things mutual with respect.

If you cant find a way to deal with hip hop, then dont deal with it. Ignore it.

...just my view, im not trying to make enemies.
thats wat every1 is saying isnt it. every1 being cool and all and no1 wanna start nothin so....um its no problem on this forum is there?

/Aifa|
02-03-2005, 02:22 AM
Yeah, it would be nice if conflict and troublestarting was kept to a minimum, especially when it comes to other people's different and unique characteristics. Im not saying we should all be totally cool with everything all the time, its just that a subject like "Rock beats hip hop hand down" is simply asking for trouble.

:awe: ---->:eek: .......as if im gonna put my hands down and start listening to rock exclusively.

Myrra
02-03-2005, 07:51 AM
I guard this forum jealously. I will not tolerate flaming so y'all needn't worry about it. Not much get's by me. And to each their own.

macus alexander bogart
02-03-2005, 07:53 AM
im in to hard core belgum trance and japinese electro pop jk

Prophet
02-06-2005, 04:53 PM
Rap all day, hip hop is garbage

I could listen to rock but for some reason i get the urge to fight once that electric guitar kicks in...

Karel
02-07-2005, 03:04 AM
Guess no one's ever heard of Bone thugs N harmony.. the Realist rappers ever.. after Tupac.. though this guys went from hard core street thugs to soft kid loving and positive message rappers using their experiences. It's a shame how they struggled for so many years and manage to stick together for so long and break up again, hopefully they'll be back together.. this rappers are the real deal. Been listening to them since the early 90s

night_reaper
02-07-2005, 03:05 PM
UR right XIcemanX rock beats rap hands down i can not understand what they r saying because "I push my fingers into my eyes...
It's the only thing that slowly stops the ache...
But it's made of all the things I have to take...
Jesus, it never ends, it works it's way inside...
If the pain goes on...
Aaaaaaaah!"

sword_master
02-07-2005, 07:56 PM
wat song is that justini tell ya i love rap rock oldies and whatever the hell else there is to listen too i enjoy it all really

/Aifa|
02-09-2005, 05:36 AM
Damn, this reminds me of why we have all this war today. It seems right now that a lot of rock fans and hip hop fans just cant co-exist, its like people crave conflict or something. Well, i cant be bothered with this sad thread anymore. Im out.

yyhluvah414
04-17-2005, 01:09 PM
I prefer rock over hip hop and rap because I can relate to it more. I respect everyones openion about this. I don't really like rap because I can't really understand half of what they say. I really have a weird taste in music. It is like a mix between Rock Alternative and a little bit of country. I kinda grew up with country and I like some songs. Well I don't trash people because of what they like because Everyone is entitled to their own openion. Well see yall around!

Myrcice Maeghym
07-22-2005, 10:40 PM
I can't stand Rap or Hiphop!! ROck all the way, dudes!! XD
Rap is too influential on young kids...and in a BAD way too...XD
Slipknot OWNS. =_=

pyrothunder336
07-22-2005, 10:52 PM
What kind of thread is this? How can so many people go against hip hop and rap music? Not all rap and hip hop is a bad influence on young people. Yeah I can admit that some is bad but not all. And not all rock music is a good influence either!

Karel
07-22-2005, 11:03 PM
I hate this thread.. it's like saying White people beat black people in that sort of fashion.

Honestly nobody cares, respect what other people listen to.. don't go saying stuff is bad because it's not to your liking.

Uchiha Ulquiorra
07-22-2005, 11:06 PM
I hate this thread.. it's like saying White people beat black people in that sort of fashion.

Honestly nobody cares, respect what other people listen to.. don't go saying stuff is bad because it's not to your liking.

I agree with Karel. I don't judge people, because of what they listen to. I like rock though