PDA

View Full Version : Mars

Amena
01-11-2005, 02:55 PM
that is a really good manga i tried make a sculpture of rei but it got all ruiend in the firing. what do you think of that maga i want to read fake still. and something elese i forgot the name but i rember the cover. it was a good story line i loved it.

Die Tod von Euch
01-12-2005, 01:25 PM
I love Mars. I have all of it and the "Horse with No Name" prequel. One of my friends in my Japanese class calls me Rei and Kashino all the time. She says I look like him. Because of this, I'm seriously considering cosplaying as him at the next convention.

Anyway, this manga sucked me in big time. It was so very, very addictive. Makes me sad that it's over with. I hated the crazy stalkerish kid, and I LOVED Rei. And Kira. Which is rare for me to actually like the female lead in a story now-a-days... Usually they suck. But Kira was cool. ^_^

Jishu
01-18-2005, 06:13 AM
I love it!!!! but so far I only have vol. 1 to 5.....i want more!!!

Mei_san
01-19-2005, 09:02 PM
so far i've only read till vol. 2 ..... i wan't to read the rest! :'(

Mei_san

Jishu
04-08-2005, 05:08 AM
They made it into human!!! O.O...I saw the music video. It was sang by Barbie Hsu and Vic Zhou. I was thinking to myself. "The scenes look familiar." Then when I saw the scene where Vic licks the blood on Barbie's finger. It clicked to my mind. "OMIGOSH!!! THIS IS MARS!!! O.O" Barbie is okay...but VIC!?!?!? It didn't do justice to Rei's handsomeness (<--is there such word? lol) No offense to Vic's fans or Vic himself. Vic is kinda handsome but he's just not suited for Rei's role. I even prefered Rei's friend. I don't know who the actor behind Tatsuya was. And then Harumi's actress was pretty too. Then I saw the painting, which won in the contest. It was not good at all!!!!!!!!! The painting in the manga was so much better!!!!

Die Tod von Euch
04-08-2005, 01:30 PM
...Jishu, I have no idea what you're talking about. Licking blood? Made what into human? Music video?... o_O What does any of that have to do with the Mars manga?...

Jishu
04-08-2005, 11:47 PM
Sorry, Die. I was kinda...um...mad at that time...but anyways, let me explain it more clearly. They made Mars into some drama series on tv. And I don't like the actor they picked for Rei's role. The actor is Vic Zhou and he has a music video which of course, has some scenes from their drama "Mars." Remember the time when Rei licked the blood on Kira's finger? That scene was shown too and that's when I realized that they made "Mars" into some tv drama series (in the last post, I termed it human. lol) Hope you understand more now. I was ranting on my last post. lol ^_^;;;

Die Tod von Euch
04-09-2005, 04:40 PM
Are you talking about the live action Korean TV drama?... At least...I think the one my friend was telling me about was Korean...

Jishu
04-10-2005, 10:20 PM
Yes, that's it but not Korean. It was Chinese.

Die Tod von Euch
04-11-2005, 01:31 AM
Ah, ok. I couldn't remember. She showed me some screen caps of it, though. I wouldn't mind watching an ep or two to see how close it is to the manga.

Jishu
04-11-2005, 07:15 PM
I'd like to watch too but all I've seen was the music video. I don't like Vic. He's no where as handsome as Rei....well, for my opinion anyways. ^_^;;;

WatermelonX
04-12-2005, 01:04 PM
The manga was great!
I've seen the live-action Taiwanese TV drama...I've always hated those actors, so I didn't really like it...

Kira_luna
04-12-2005, 04:27 PM
I loved Mars!! It was a manga that i found very easy to relate to because i'm a lot like Kira, though oddly enough, my bro looks like Rei. Anyway, yeah. Hence my nickname, which is Kira. I definitely enjoyed that manga!

hitaru101
04-14-2005, 10:07 AM
well...i certainly don't look like any members from mars...but i still LOVE them....i just finished buying the whole series including the AWESOME prequel and i am sooooo excited to be able to read them again and again cuz they are THAT good!!

sakura gohan mathers
04-14-2005, 10:58 AM
MARS YOU MEAN LIKE SAILOR MARS? oops had the caps lock on. sailor mars is cool.

Die Tod von Euch
04-14-2005, 11:09 AM
No, Sakura... If you had read the very first post of this thread, you would see that this is about a manga series titled "Mars"... It has nothing at all to do with Sailor Mars. Yes, I know the guy's name in it is Rei, but he is in no way related to Hino Rei from BSSM.... >_< And you know what you can do instead of apologizing for the cap locks?...you could edit what you said so it doesn't have them. Wow. There's a backspace button.

sephiroth33
04-14-2005, 11:45 AM
vol one and two are cool

Havana
04-14-2005, 02:14 PM
I heard the reason why it was called mars had something to do with the painting Kira did of Rei, and it 'mars' kind of means the god of war. I'm guessing it has to do with rei..

Die Tod von Euch
04-14-2005, 04:01 PM
Yeah. The painting is named "Mars," and is of Rei, and Kira meant the god, not the planet...

Jishu
04-15-2005, 10:14 PM
I'm just reminded of the painting they shown on the Taiwanese drama. IT was not as close as the painting in the manga.

SerenityFaye
07-12-2005, 07:33 PM
Mars is great. I've only read the first volume, but I've been wanting to read it for-like-ever. I nearly cried at the end of the first volume when Rei kissed Kira. I was all 'Awwah! ^__^!' it was so cute. Harumi is mean though. =\ And, dense. She doesn't get the hint does she?

Die Tod von Euch
07-12-2005, 08:15 PM
Harumi's not all that bad. In fact, if you keep reading, you'll probably come to really like her. I did.

SerenityFaye
07-13-2005, 08:03 PM
I just started reading volume 2 today cause I just bought it. ;_; Poor Rei, getting beat up and suspended. But, where exactly does his dad live? Is he in L.A.? I can't figure it out. And, the other artist guy (forgot his name already) is a lying sack of poo. =\ Stealing Kira's drawing. Shame shame, being an artist myself, I know that's low to swipe another artist's work.

MSCBrock
07-13-2005, 09:02 PM
i once the 1st book @ the library and i really liked it i want to read more of it but im BROKE which suks :(:<_<::badrazz:

lovebaby
07-15-2005, 12:21 PM
I read several books then quit. I don't like it much, but the pictures are really pretty. I really like the way the author drew the main girl. :awe:

Crimson Nightmares
08-30-2005, 05:32 PM
MARS!!! I love it!! It is VERY good...!! The dude is just so sexy. -Drools.- Anywho, the books are just WONDERFUL....! I loved it, >_> All my friends have read and they also loved it. If you haven't seen or read it... Go to the mall or whatever...and READ away! It is very good.