PDA

View Full Version : Wings Of Honneamise

Noxman
12-20-2004, 03:53 AM
Wings Of Honneamise is with out a doubt one of the greatest films i hav ever seen. i was taken by suprise when i first saw it at how it took modern anima to another level. most of you wont apresiate it the same way i do as i saw it at the cinima on some anime night they had. but still its such a nice anime. the animation is oldskool and almost perfect. the script was amazing, and the friendships that where formed are so sweet. after it had ended i saw the world differently. it is one of those films you have to eatch again and again. has it touched anybody else the same way as me? Wings Of Honneamise is probably my fav anime of all time!

Cloud_strife1984
12-20-2004, 03:55 AM
wow sound like a great anime film but i aint seen it yet

Noxman
12-20-2004, 03:59 AM
dude id lend it you but cod stole the dvd and my import VHS i got well thats gone missing lol

Cloud_strife1984
12-20-2004, 04:03 AM
lol sorry to hear that i cant you get another import dude

[BlackDeath]
12-20-2004, 04:53 AM
I've seen this, i i overated it, it wasn't as good as i thought, it still beats all these crappy modern animes like, Inuyasha and sorts, but i'm fascinated with aviation so it was ok i suppose, but call me what you must, it still could've had another battle scene, or some slighty a bit more action in it. The battle scene it did have however was indeed a spectacle to look at and was left stuned, interesting story in some points but it left me a bit bored (or maybe i was just plain tired!?), all in all, above average and below excelent ^^

Noxman
12-20-2004, 04:57 AM
yeah granted but it was a nice film about mans quest for god, and the importance of life and ****. the battle sceen was cool and when the rocket took of was amazing. not to mension the chase with that guy and the gun lol

[BlackDeath]
12-20-2004, 05:06 AM
Yeah, it did have that admirable qulity of a man fulfilling his dream, which i liked, Aircraft design was impressive also, but it annoyed me a bit how no one could take them seriously as an organisation (space force or something like that, long time since i saw it), something like that would need constant funding for it to be a success and backing so it was a mirracle they achieved there goal. I also thought i ended prematurly, not so much of a cliff hanger but could've has an extra 2 or 3 scenes, then the view of the moon signifies and means something, in the anime and the story, as he was staring at it, realising he had done it!

Noxman
12-20-2004, 05:19 AM
nah i thort it ended perfect. he was in space he did what was needed and it was a nice neet packege. reminds me of macross, wunder why?

[BlackDeath]
12-20-2004, 06:23 AM
Ah, Macross, YET ANOTHER great classic, i loved that one, but i really wanna see the 2nd one again, i only saw it once or twice! But the 1st was just amazing, i had it on DVD till i sold it and saw it was before the DVD technology was even released, back in the day y'know. Very fluid animation, especially on the Aircraft (YF-22 or maybe that's the name for the one Guald was piloting?) but yea...great anime!

Noxman
12-20-2004, 06:58 AM
macross two wasnt that good, the whole moon thing was abit gay. and macross three was so bad i couldnt sit thru it

[BlackDeath]
12-21-2004, 10:14 AM
Don't think i've seen the third one? But the singing thing is what you meant was gay in the second right? I actually thought it was ok to be honest

Azreal Hellfire
03-15-2005, 03:39 PM
Heard it was good wanna buy it but can't find it.. anyone know a good place to find it for kinda cheap (I'm kinda low on cash right now) please post and help me out.

Thenox
04-12-2005, 02:29 AM
go look on ebay!