PDA

View Full Version : Saikano: She, the Ultimate Weapon.

Jo-chan
12-04-2004, 12:18 PM
Has anybody ever heard of Saikano (directly translated, She, the Ultimate Weapon)? It is the most depressing anime I have ever watched. I just recently finshed watching it and I'm still depressed. Those of you who saw Evangelion and any of those depressing type animes, they aren't sad at all compared to Saikano. That's my opinion at least. If anyone has ever heard about it or better yet, watched it, please post or PM me because I am dying to talk to someone about it. All my friends have never even heard about it!

Innotech
12-04-2004, 03:02 PM
look at my sig ^^

Yeah its one of my favorite series of all time.

You know, thias is not a mecha anime, and the apocalyptic ending has VERY little to do with the point of the show. Its a ROMANCE show and it should be placed there. This is more ROMANTIC than pretty much every other anime out there.

Washiko
12-11-2004, 11:53 AM
This is now available in both Romance and Mecha/Apoc.

Anime_Overload
12-11-2004, 07:51 PM
I have seen the 1st 5 episodes and though it had a good story line. very sad and romantic at the same time. Not many shows can pull that off. I'm sorry to hear tha tthe world ends at the end of it though.

I even made a sig pic for it too.
Cheek it out. Don't forget to read the poem too.

Innotech
12-11-2004, 08:18 PM
I have seen the 1st 5 episodes and though it had a good story line. very sad and romantic at the same time. Not many shows can pull that off. I'm sorry to hear tha tthe world ends at the end of it though.

I even made a sig pic for it too.
Cheek it out. Don't forget to read the poem too.
Yeah, if you thought vol 1 was depressing, just wait for the rest. I marathoned this show and although I could handle it, a lot of people would probably not be able to deal with that much depression all at once. IF you really get into Saikano, its effect will hit you like a ton of bricks, and even if it doesnt affect you that much, you will no doubt just sit there in silence after the show, thinking about what you just saw. This is NOT a show you can easily forget.

Nice poem by the way ^^ Chise is such a tragic character.

Anime_Overload
12-16-2004, 08:00 PM
Thank you.

Ami~chan
12-28-2004, 07:20 PM
This is the most depressing anime ever.... I loved it, but I wanted to just curl up and die whenever I finished watching it, since it was so sad. The end almost made me cry. I had the sniffles.

Jo-chan
01-01-2005, 01:06 PM
I get that feeling, Ami... I get that feeling. (sigh!)

Innotech
01-01-2005, 06:12 PM
This is the most depressing anime ever.... I loved it, but I wanted to just curl up and die whenever I finished watching it, since it was so sad. The end almost made me cry. I had the sniffles.
Yeah Saikano will definitely make you consider suicide, if even for a short second. It just makes everything seem hopeless in the end. but then again I find that the ending is also somewhat uplifting in a way.

Chibi Misao
06-17-2005, 09:18 AM
I've heard so much about this anime....i finally bought the anime, but have'nt started watching it yet because i wanna finish watching my other animes first.So, i'll give my opinion on it after i actually start watching it.

cr8ter
06-17-2005, 03:26 PM
Whoa, somebody finally asked. This story is really great, and it shows that love isn't always enough. The characters are also great. I usually don't like stories about war and all that, but I liked this

retro
06-17-2005, 07:09 PM
This is what you would call a good love story in Anime terms. And Episode 09 : Akemi part, well that made me cry.

Chibi Misao
07-10-2005, 01:06 AM
Ok well i've just finished watching it, and this is the most romantic anime i've seen so far...some of the episodes were really touching...and it would make anyone cry...im gonna get the OVA soon. "SHE The Ultimate weopen: Another love songs"

Kill_Me_Shining
07-10-2005, 01:56 AM
Its a good anime. It made me sad though...and chise is so cute! ^.^ *huggles her nad keeps her as a pet* ...O_o

Ashminigun
09-27-2005, 08:37 AM
*joins in frenzy...

Just finished watching it today (10 to 13 in one row) and phew! This is the first Romance Anime that I ever watched and finished it. (I have Furuba and Narue no Sekai still stuck on certain esp)

My comment: A complex tragic love story with unusual twisted of love and break-up, triangle/square love, trauma/depression related to war also death and friendship. Although the story flow kinda predictable but sometimes you keep on guessing what's will going to be next...

Like any other love story, love makes the a person do something that might stupid that he/she not done before and sacrifice the one you love. What I like 'bout this anime is that the role of protecting and saving the world is carry by a girl, that is Chise rather that the typical boy-lonely-but-have-the-power-to-protect-and-save-the-one-he-loved. It's up to Shuji to carry the role of support and love towards Chise.

Although I'm not a big fan of romance anime but it a good anime though.

'nough said...

dark mousi
12-15-2005, 10:07 AM
sorri, i havn't seen it and i'm waiting to get my hands on it, but have no money cuz i have no job. currently broke...T_T so sad... anyways, do you have pics of that particular anime/manga? does it have both?