PDA

View Full Version : Love Hina: Anime or Manga?

Mingus
12-04-2004, 08:16 PM
I've got all the manga of Hina, 1-14. I took a look at one episode of the anime and was immediately disgusted by the voice acting in english. I mean, they used the guy from demi-devimon as keitaro! Besides that, I was wondering if it was worth my while to actually watch the whole series. Cuz, I don't wanna get discouraged by just one thing, not knowing that the anime was really good.

Zingo
12-05-2004, 02:54 AM
You should get it on Japanese. It's 100 times better. But I think the last chapter of the manga isn't in the anime.

Mingus
12-05-2004, 01:20 PM
I though alot of things in the anime wasnt in the manga. Like mei or that animated doll.......

Kratos
12-05-2004, 03:10 PM
I think I prefer the Manga, probebly because I found it more enjoyable.

Anime_Overload
12-05-2004, 04:23 PM
The Manga is the true story of Love Hina but the anime series isn't all that bad. The story line mabye different but the way they do the story is well done.

And actually Mie is in the Manga. But she onlt makes one apperance. here is the picture. I have an arrow pointing to her.

Mingus
12-05-2004, 05:48 PM
Yeah. Naru makes a reference to the doll in one of the books too, but I think that was more or less an inside thing for the anime and manga watchers

Chobits333
12-05-2004, 06:33 PM
The voices on the episodes are horrible. My friend got me one of the DVDs and i was so excited, but when i watched it i was horrified. I haven't gotten any more of the DVDs. I much perfer the manga.

random123
12-05-2004, 09:23 PM
The voices on the episodes are horrible. My friend got me one of the DVDs and i was so excited, but when i watched it i was horrified. I haven't gotten any more of the DVDs. I much perfer the manga.
same goes with me.

Anime_Overload
12-06-2004, 07:47 PM
Hey don't diss the anime so easly. Watch it the Japanese version. It's much better. But i like the english voices some.

utreux
12-06-2004, 10:18 PM
The manga doesn't have a super compacted ending like the anime.

[BlackDeath]
12-07-2004, 05:24 AM
The LH manga all the way, the amount of animes they butcher! The actual anime infact makes it a lost worse on most occasions! And as Mingus mentioned, a lot of the voice talent is appauling to hear, especially Spike Spencer's, oh how i dispise that voice, if i ever heard that voice in real life i'd go up to him and beat the crap into him, well maybe not but you all can get a vague idea of where i'm going with this, as for Keitaro's voice, it's very irratating but i got used to it, although i wished i hadn't!!!

[BlackDeath]
12-07-2004, 08:19 AM
i like anime.

Well good for you, maybe you should check out the DBZ threads, i bet you'll like them xD

gohan416
12-07-2004, 02:33 PM
Yeah, all anime, the magna is ok, but i would rather like to as lazy as possible.

Anime_Overload
12-07-2004, 07:55 PM
DON'T SPAM!!!!!

And if you people are going to be talking about the show or manga it's self then please uses this thread. http://animegalleries.net/bbs/showthread.php?t=12388

[BlackDeath]
12-08-2004, 08:31 AM
I got another few volumes of the Love Hina manga, and well, i stick by my choice of the manga being better! After encouragement of anime_overload to buy the whole series i think i will follow his advice, no his badgering, lol ^^

yukina18
12-12-2004, 02:07 PM
i like the manga and i've never seen the anime show

[BlackDeath]
12-13-2004, 05:21 AM
Well the manga is much better, so your not really missing much anyway!

Munk
12-15-2004, 09:29 AM
yep most of the time the manga is wayy better than the anime (i.e.) love hina, .hack ect.

sure the action is nice but its edited and most of the stuff is taken out

gohan416
12-15-2004, 02:20 PM
love hina is alot better in japanese! trust me!

[BlackDeath]
12-16-2004, 03:37 AM
Exactly monk, in other words it's uncut! plus there more to the story and plenty of speech the cut out in the anime also!

Mana_Mihara
12-19-2004, 05:39 PM
The manga defintely has alot more depth than the anime. Plus, I like the ending of the manga ten times better. I can't watch the dub, because, like many people have said before me, the voices are horrendous. The Japanses voices are soooo much better. Plus Naru gets on my nerves in the anime. I liked her in the manga alot, but don't like her in the anime...

[BlackDeath]
12-20-2004, 04:17 AM
The manga defintely has alot more depth than the anime. Plus, I like the ending of the manga ten times better. I can't watch the dub, because, like many people have said before me, the voices are horrendous. The Japanses voices are soooo much better. Plus Naru gets on my nerves in the anime. I liked her in the manga alot, but don't like her in the anime...
There not much different that in the manga but as you clearly stated it's probally down to the fact of hear that irritating voice rant on and on, as in the manga you obviously didn't have to deal with that unless you had a special manga copy which was magical, lol

Cowgirl Ed!!กก
12-20-2004, 07:39 PM
Yea the manga is So much better than the anime, but there is one thing I wish that was in the manga, Kaolla's sister she kicked tail in the 10th and 19th episodes, I wish she was in the manga :banghead:

Death_Lord
12-20-2004, 08:01 PM
does anyone have the whole manga of Love Hina on computer that they could possibly give me???

[BlackDeath]
12-21-2004, 10:22 AM
Nah, sorry mate, i got the actual novels and only 7 vols at that

Larva.
12-21-2004, 02:44 PM
I have not seen the anime of LH, but I do own a few of the mangas.I live in japan so I can get anything thing I like, with the exception that I have limited money so, and the mangas are expensive.They are very neat, mine are in colour andread right to left as opposed to the left to right reading and b&w of the US versions. Oops, I did watch part of one of the animes at a friend's home.It seemed to be pretty good, although I don't have a clue about the dubbed version because we all speak and write the same language so......I looked at a few animes that were dubbed here in the mall, they are twice the price of the normal ones here.I suppose it is more expensive to translate them into english here, but I have to say I enjoy both.

Fujiwara-Takumi
12-27-2004, 07:05 PM
I hav both the manga and anime. I hav the jap. version anime. and it really is better in jap too^_^.

[BlackDeath]
12-28-2004, 11:28 PM
Well duh, cause it's not dubbed, i too have the anime and 7 vols of the manga, still havnt finished the 7th though, had it for like a week and barely half way through, been kinda busy though!

Cowgirl Ed!!กก
12-29-2004, 07:28 PM
Sorry if i ts been a while but I just ordered the Love Hina Perfect Collection and I'm gonna be in heaven that I have it :awe: so NYA!!! :badrazz: :cool: :grinjump: I know that Im being to Estatic for the moment but WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[BlackDeath]
12-30-2004, 05:06 PM
Yeah, the manga still owns it though, unless you have that also?

Cowgirl Ed!!กก
12-31-2004, 10:49 AM
Yea I do, I've had them for a while now, my favorite is either 5, or, 10.

Korobi
12-31-2004, 11:03 AM
I personally never watched the anime but the manga is great.

robofighter
12-31-2004, 02:00 PM
i like the manga better just cause the show get edited and cut out lot of stuff that made the manga fun.

Yamcha
12-31-2004, 02:04 PM
Anime def. the saga is weird by itself..at least the anime makes it seem a lil more sane

cookerman
01-10-2005, 06:51 PM
I think the manga is way better than the anime, because it goes more in depth with each character. . . not to mention the fact that in the anime all the characters look like they gained 15 pounds. . . . .(THEY LOOK FAT)

not to mention the manga has way more plot and story line than the anime

BurningBlazeX
01-10-2005, 09:30 PM
i have to say that when it comes to love hina...its one of my favorite animes...i dont read manga much...could someone tell me how it is? i havent heard too much about it but i LOVE the love hina show and i might start reading the manga...if anyone has any comments about the manga please tell me! im dying to know!

UltimaChaos
01-10-2005, 09:36 PM
BurningBlazeX, i've read the manga for Love Hina. Personally, i'd prefer watching the anime Love Hina..so yeah, that's your update

BurningBlazeX
01-11-2005, 01:56 PM
So, UltimaChaos...what can you tell me about the love hina manga? how much better or worse is it than the show...tell me in depth what you know...

UltimaChaos
02-01-2005, 11:21 AM
well, the manga is good..very good i might add. In a way, i guess you can say the manga is better because it goes deeper in the anime then just that Keitaro and Naru failing entering exams. During the first 10 or 11 episodes of the series itself. It had mentioned Naru's sister's name...which you have to read to see.

Miroku4472
02-01-2005, 10:28 PM
If you look at the image posted awhile back of the keitaro naru's wedding page you can see a couple characters purposely put there from his up coming (now printing)manga Negima

Regulus
02-02-2005, 10:11 AM
I own all 14 of the Love Hina mangas. I found them a lot funner than the anime. But the last few episodes in the anime do better job in capturing the emotions bewteen Naru & Keitaro. But overall I think the Manga is better.

Lilyangel
02-10-2005, 09:20 AM
manga is totally better...it goes into more detail of the story...

ssjgohanpunk
02-16-2005, 01:52 PM
I like the Koalla Su voice in english, but i despise the Konno Mitsune voice, Why does she talk like a southern belle... its just silly

Zato-2
03-01-2005, 01:06 PM
Both manga and anime are great. But manga is the one I enjoy the most, because the anime seems uncomplite.(Even Love Hina Again is far away of finishing the story). I think that everyone who have read all the 14 mangas will agree with me.
Once again my apologies for my english(I'm Belorussian you know!)

Lilyangel
03-01-2005, 05:21 PM
icic..well im actually from america so if anybody needs help then u can cum to me...lh is mai number one fav but i luv the manga totally better than the anime cuz they miss sum parts in the anime..

Azreal Hellfire
03-02-2005, 10:23 AM
Love Hina Manga is the better version, it shows details that the anime left out and it is a series that you need the details unless you like being left in wonderment... lol

Panda_lada
03-02-2005, 01:53 PM
Love Hina is so awesome ive read the whole manga series! I like the mangas better than the anime though cuz the characters sound funny.

Lilyangel
03-02-2005, 05:21 PM
i think tat most ppl agree w/ me tat the manga is totally better...

Kusanagi
03-02-2005, 05:41 PM
JE JE JE JE ^_^U-SOUNDS FUNNY EH?----IN THE ENGLISH VERSION I GUESS, ISNT?
CAUSE IN THE JAPANESE AUDIO, ITS VERY GOOD.........YUI HORIE-SAN (NARUSEGAWA), HAS TALENT, AND, IS A VERY GOOD SEIYU---I HAVE THE MANGA, AND THE ANIME........HEAR THE TWO VERSIONS FR THE ANIME ( ENG. AND JAP. )---AND, THE JAP. VERSION IS THE BEST---^_^-

BUT, THE MANGA IS STILL BETTER THAN THE ANIME...........I LOVE THE GRAND FINAL ( SPOILER, SO, NO MORE OF THIS----XD )
AND, THIS IS MY FAVORITE ANIME AND MANGA.......I GET INTO THIS BY THIS AWSOME ANIME--------XD

UltimaChaos
03-03-2005, 08:17 AM
well..i guess yall do have a point. i went back and read my love hina manga..and i found it alot better than the actual anime itself.

Lilyangel
03-03-2005, 05:10 PM
yup yup..da manga is better soo ppl tat think tat the anime was better must be wierd...lol..

Sexy Angel
04-13-2005, 04:53 PM
i like anime~!~