PDA

View Full Version : WISH = the manga

AbandonwareGirl
11-29-2004, 01:43 PM
I simply ADORE this manga. it's all about a guy who finds a angel stuck in a tree and she offers him a wish... unfortunally, he's a man who has EVERYTHING he wants, and he turns her down...so she moves in.. Kohaku, the angel, is a ditz, and the only real task she can preform is watering the garden without ending it in disaster, and during the day she takes the form of an human woman, but by night she's reduced to her weaker form.. a pudgy cherub. This manga gets my thumbs up, and you should check it out.. it's made by clamp and released by tokyopop.

Die Tod von Euch
11-29-2004, 02:41 PM
Yes, it's very nice. And, although they attempt to say that angels and demons don't really HAVE genders (so, to simplify it they call angels girls and demons boys), Kohaku is a male. You can't really say that neither have genders, then have catGIRL demons with the boy demons and MALE angels... Kohaku has the shoulders, chest, and hips (or lack thereof) of a man. He just has a really girly face, and Tokyopop wanted to keep it for the kiddies, so he's been dubbed female. I realize this is debatable (simply because I've been part of and witnessed debates on this before), so I welcome anyone who really thinks Kohaku is female to state why...besides Tokyopop writing it that way.

raven1491
11-29-2004, 03:30 PM
I didn't know that.

_CTA_
11-30-2004, 10:37 AM
well, once i said i like all anime+manga clamp did but MAYBE Wish is an exception
(i said the magic word MAYBE)

Die Tod von Euch
11-30-2004, 03:09 PM
Why? Because Kohaku is male? We wouldn't be exibiting intolerant behavor now, would we?...

Anyway... Back to the topic of Wish... To me, it seemed sort of like Ah! My Goddess... Which disappointed me, because I expected more from CLAMP. *sighs and shakes her head* Oh well... The son of Satan guy was cool.

souichi tsujii
11-30-2004, 05:06 PM
You know, that DOES sound like it may be true. Think about most of the other mangas by CLAMP. You'll find that many of them have male x male relationships. So I wouldn't be suprised if Kohaku was male. I liked the cat girls best anyway. They were cute. YYAAAAYYYYY!

LittleAngel
07-10-2005, 04:22 PM
But why are the two cat girls the only characters that has a feminine body?
About the gender of angels and devils in Wish, we don't know what angels look like, so how can anyone decide if an angel is female or male. For lack of imagination and a little of deceit, CLAMP - like any human would - drew the angels in human form. So no one can really say an angel or devil in Wish is male or female. They're neither. It only depends on what you prefer them to be.

lovebaby
07-15-2005, 02:09 PM
It's a nice manga, kinda short though (only 4 volumes, I believe). My favorite character is Satan's son and that woman that he's in love with. I read this a long time ago so I don't remember their names and all the details. The images are beautiful (of course, it's Clamp we're talking about). I love Kohaku in his/her chibi form, so adorable.

Elfy
07-15-2005, 09:28 PM
so gorgeous..I creid in the end though...it was fully sad...

LittleAngel
07-16-2005, 12:00 PM
It's very strange that Shuichiro died and then was reborn. Somehow I don't like the new Shuichiro as much as the old one. Wonder why...

wish_maker
07-17-2005, 03:43 PM
um... i haven't read the book... but... i heard that it 's a good book... ooo... i can't wait to read it... i got it on hold at the library... (i don't have time to go to the stores to buy them...)