PDA

View Full Version : Invasion of privacy

shi_amai
11-15-2004, 04:52 PM
Doesn't it just annoy the heck out of you? My dad just came in a tried to read a note I was typing. A very private note thank you very much. You think that they'd understand because we all know that when they were kids they'd hate it if their parents tried to look at stuff they didn't want them to. It just annoys me how that can be. Anyone else have this problem?

Boo
11-15-2004, 04:55 PM
Always happening too me.Thank goodness my brother is playing outside today. T_T

Havana
11-15-2004, 04:59 PM
Me too...my parents mostly my thinks she can come into my room anytime and clean out my junk..when she says it's to messy..now she doesn't anymore.

Nullpunkt
11-15-2004, 05:00 PM
Of course. I have had this problem my entire life. If it is not my parents, then it is either my friends or my other relatives. No one likes being spied upon, but you really cannot do anything about it. At least, not your parents. You either live with it or move out, and if you are a minor you have to live with it, no choice. As to the others, well, just report them to your parents or teachers or whomever and hope for the best. Alternately, you could ask them to stop if you think it will help.

Rick

Zedekiah
11-15-2004, 05:24 PM
Neat!

Isn't it?
It's quite dandy with all this trespassin' these days :3

ShadowBlade
11-15-2004, 05:29 PM
they just want to know whats going on. to make sure your not doing drugs or having sex. they care about you thats why they snoop. i mean seriously if you had a beautiful baby and it grows up. and starts doin that stuff it would piss you off because to them you are still their little baby.

Queen-of-Mars
11-15-2004, 05:32 PM
Doesn't happen to me very often. I, unlike so many others have built up my parents trust to the point where I just say i'm leaving and they only tell me to be careful. Bwahaha, the power of being TRUTHFUL. Maybe some of you should try it. Oh yeah, turning 18 also helps.

En Svensk Tiger
11-15-2004, 05:34 PM
they just want to know whats going on. to make sure your not doing drugs or having sex. they care about you thats why they snoop. i mean seriously if you had a beautiful baby and it grows up. and starts doin that stuff it would piss you off because to them you are still their little baby.
Oh, man, I have that problem all of the time.. My parents will knock on my door and ask "Michelle, are you having sex or doing drugs or any other illegal teen activity?"
And I'll answer, "Mom, dad, for gods sake I'm all alone in here and there's no smoke coming out of the door cracks, I'm just playing Morrowind for the love of God"

Same question every day man...some parents...every day dude,,,,always..

Queen-of-Mars
11-15-2004, 05:37 PM
Wow, that really sucks. x_X

Nullpunkt
11-15-2004, 05:39 PM
Doesn't happen to me very often. I, unlike so many others have built up my parents trust to the point where I just say i'm leaving and they only tell me to be careful. Bwahaha, the power of being TRUTHFUL. Maybe some of you should try it. Oh yeah, turning 18 also helps.
While being truthful helps to some degree, it will not solve all of your problems. As to turning 18, that will not help you a bit if you live at home. Trust me, I know from experience. Your best bet is to stay on their good side and hope for the best.

Rick

Kyo Kusanagi
11-15-2004, 05:45 PM
If you aren't honest/truthful, then you'll get more frequent check ups from your parents.

I've had my fair share of slip ups myself. So my mom makes sure I'm being honest from time to time. I don't mind .... if its something you'd hide from your parents, is it something you should be doing?

But yeah, privacy is nice to have when you don't want to be bothered.

shi_amai
11-15-2004, 07:06 PM
I was nothing bad, but I don't want them reading my notes. They're secrets. But I do get what you're saying.

And Michelle, sheesh, I'm so sorry! That's even more annoying on most degrees! :(

Eris
11-15-2004, 07:14 PM
So, lock them up?

Zedekiah
11-15-2004, 07:18 PM
Michelle.

You don't have a door :D

Eris
11-15-2004, 07:31 PM
Oh, man, I have that problem all of the time.. My parents will knock on my door and ask "Michelle, are you having sex or doing drugs or any other illegal teen activity?"
And I'll answer, "Mom, dad, for gods sake I'm all alone in here and there's no smoke coming out of the door cracks, I'm just playing Morrowind for the love of God"

Say "Yes maa, i'm high on crack and am having sex with a goat which i am going to sacrifice to satan and just after i'm done nailing this cat to the wall"

Daenerys
11-15-2004, 07:52 PM
Letsee... My mom once went through my phone book on my cellphone and called people...

My mom went in my room and violated some of my belongings...

She used to read my email...

She used to listen in on my phone conversations...

She used to do a lot..

And then I turned 18.

elite kippyhat
11-15-2004, 07:54 PM
wow some privitcy

Daenerys
11-15-2004, 07:58 PM
Don't double post sweetheart.

And anyway, here's something funny and kind of has to do with privacy..

Everytime I complain about something. My stomach hurts, my cavity hurts... I have a sore throat.... my hair's being lame.... ANYTHING.... my mom'll say "ITS BECAUSE YOU HAD SEX!"

Every, time.

"I got a cold." -- That same answer. "I have a stuffy nose." -- That very same answer. "I dyed my hair black mom!" -- It's cos I had sex!

Karel
11-15-2004, 08:05 PM
I don't believe about privacy.. when it comes to my little bros. In fact I prefer knowing everything that goes on in my family.

I once read my little sister's diary, was shocked to see her write stuff about killing herself and being depressed and a crap load of other things I found very serious.

I knew about this and no one else, being oldest bro I talked to her about life and about other things you'd imagine hearing from your dad or mom, but I had to substitude.

Anyways what I don't know makes me powerless to help. I really don't like going through anyone's personal stuff but when it comes to serious matters.. privacy or not it's not worth keeping secret.

Pig_catapult
11-15-2004, 08:08 PM

Everytime I complain about something. My stomach hurts, my cavity hurts... I have a sore throat.... my hair's being lame.... ANYTHING.... my mom'll say "ITS BECAUSE YOU HAD SEX!"

Every, time.

"I got a cold." -- That same answer. "I have a stuffy nose." -- That very same answer. "I dyed my hair black mom!" -- It's cos I had sex!
No offense, but you have a strange mother.

SaceGolem2
11-15-2004, 08:21 PM
I never really had this problem. I never gave my parents a reason to search through my stuff or to hold tabs on me 24/7 Not to mention that they were very trusting of me. Now, im way too old for them to run through my stuff.

Princess Minako
11-15-2004, 09:54 PM
you remind me of my big brother Karel. But he and I just have a special relationship where I do tell him everything. He knows more about me than my parents and I know that he'll do whatever to keep me happy. As for my parents, they wish they knew what was going on, but its hard when they live in FL, and I live in MI. At least I know they arn't going through my stuff :P

The Goddess has Spoken

Yojimbo51
11-15-2004, 10:02 PM
I'm like that with my sister. My mom sneaks into my room while I'm eating dinner with my dad and rifles through my bookbag, and as a result, I get angry at her and don't tell her anything about my life. you see, if she would just stop snooping, then I'd be more open.

OnSilentWings
11-15-2004, 10:06 PM
When I lived at home I never had these problems. I was lucky I guess, my mom realized that I was just gonna go out and get tore-up anyway so she said she'd rather have me do it at home where I wouldn't get arrested. Honestly its because me and her had a good level of trust, I'd come home at 2 in the morning and she'd ask me where I'd been and what I was doing and I'd tell her the truth...if I'd been drinking or smoking or having realations I'd tell her. Hell I'd put condoms and beer on the shopping list and she'd pick it up for me back in my senior year. Yeah I had a good home life, real stress free. I hope those of you dealing with constant intrusion can come to an understanding with your parents or find your own place as quickly and with as little problems as possible.

____
11-15-2004, 10:24 PM
no, never really had any problems....except with my friends. -.-+ which they have to know every single fuzing thing. -.-+ and so, i stopped talking to them. (there is more tied into it but i'll get off topic.)

i do hide things from my parents but nothing about sex.

just tarot cards, you know, junk like that.

if they see me have little drawings on myself that i draw then they would ask, "what does that mean?"
then they woulds get all serious and make sure i'm not doing anything santanic. -.-+ reason #1 why i don't really like the religion of Christiananity.

Shadowstarr
11-15-2004, 10:36 PM
heh
i noe what ur talking about...
well sometimes... my mom would come in 2 my room and sit 4 a while. same with my dad. and they always look at what i'm typing and all. that's y my friends and i always use pos(parent over shoulder) and ya....

____
11-15-2004, 10:46 PM
heh
i noe what ur talking about...
well sometimes... my mom would come in 2 my room and sit 4 a while. same with my dad. and they always look at what i'm typing and all. that's y my friends and i always use pos(parent over shoulder) and ya....
that's really clever using the "pos" i should use something like that. that would help a lot.

Boo
11-15-2004, 11:03 PM
I can understand parents not giving their kids alot of privacy.....but for me,i hardly EVER get privacy.....usally if im typeing my older brother will be siting WRITE next to me.....waiting to get on.So I have to be careful about what i type.So it gets boring but overall,parents should keep watch for their children.(BTW im the youngest in my family)

Princess Minako
11-16-2004, 09:07 AM
Kids need a little bit of parenting now a days. Things arn't the same as they were when our parents were kids, hell they arn't the same from when I was younger. There are a lot scarier things out there now than just getting pregnent. Promiscuous sex is not something that is safe anymore and I believe that its a parents duty to try to prevent a child who sees nothing but on the TV and radio from doing so. All the "cool" rockers... where are they now? The 80's rockers who drank a ton, sex'ed it up and did drugs are now washed up and totally out of it.

We're a generation of oh I'll do it and then pop this get well pill and I'll be fine, you don't realize exactly what things do to your body, even pot. Believe it or not, most of your parents just care. They want to keep you safe from the evils that are out there. Maybe if you were truthful with them to begin with they might understand and if you'd open your mind other than being an "angst ridden teenager" who's "parents just don't understand" maybe you'd realize a lot more than you do.

"When I was a boy of 14 my father was so dumb I could hardly stand to have the old man around, when I became a man of 21 I was surprised at how much he had learned in 7 years" -- Mark Twain.

The Goddess has Spoken

Fabala
11-16-2004, 09:15 AM
I don't like being watched on the computer, period. I can be hunting on Google, writing a story, chatting, whatever. I doesn't matter. I'm just very private about it ^^;;

Unfortunately the computer is in a frequently-used room and, while they don't exactly try to see what I'm doing, my family definitely doesn't understand my need for total privacy =/ Ah well..

shi_amai
11-16-2004, 09:17 AM

Every, time.

God, your mom seems annoyed. But yeah, though true kids should be watched I think only to a certain point because as I said they wouldn't want their parents looking at stuff they were writing.

Princess Minako
11-16-2004, 09:27 AM
Kids do stupid things, kids over react about little things, they are in a higher risk to do something damaging to themselves because of their inability to keep things in perspective. Parents have to keep an eye on their children and sometimes if their behavior is throwing off warning signs that they are doing something potentially harmful to themselves they should check in.

I've never met any person who said "hey when I was 17 I had it all figured out, I was right on the money! Everything I did was for my own good and has done nothing but benefit me ever since"

The Goddess has Spoken

Princess Mononoke
11-16-2004, 10:34 AM
www.watchright.com

my sister was a victim of that.

Genghis Beatrix
11-16-2004, 10:38 AM
that sucks.

when i get my progress reports and stuff, my parents search my stuff when i'm missing only one assignment.

when i turn 16, i'm getting myself emansipated(sp)

Zedekiah
11-16-2004, 10:39 AM
Close, it's emancipated.

And yes. please do. I'd love to see how another 16 year old, fixed on doing everything for themselves screw up :3

Genghis Beatrix
11-16-2004, 10:42 AM
i'll still go to school and stuff, and i'll get a few roommates, so hopefully it'll work out.

Zedekiah
11-16-2004, 10:44 AM
Do as you wish, young rebel. I'm glad I'm able to feel content with my life.

Genghis Beatrix
11-16-2004, 10:47 AM
it is just i want to be away from my parents.

Princess Minako
11-16-2004, 11:32 AM
thats sad, emancipated from your parents, are they beating you? do they molest you? Do you go without food and shelter for long periods of time? I guess your life isn't that bad then. Seriously you think its easy to live out on your own? with what money? The money your parents have to pay? have you thought about them or are you really just being a selfish teenager?

So typical of a "rebellous teenager" you go on with your angst ridden self.

The Goddess has Spoken

Genghis Beatrix
11-16-2004, 11:33 AM
i know. i just don't want to live by my parents rules.

Princess Minako
11-16-2004, 12:42 PM
how horrible it must be to live by rules that are set there for your own good because in truth you really don't know any better and would probably go out and do something harmful to yourself. Must be a horrendous life you lead.

The Goddess has Spoken

Eris
11-16-2004, 01:28 PM
Use PGPdisk for storing private stuff on your computer.

http://www.pgpi.org/products/pgpdisk/

Alyssa
11-16-2004, 01:31 PM
Speaking of invasion to privacy, somebody hacked into my AF account and made random PM spam across the net a few days ago without me recognizing who - I had to fix up my security tight...

Until I get my hands on the one who did this, they will pay... :<_<:

No further comment.

sjøpølse
11-16-2004, 01:51 PM
Boredom. I must agree with some posts, the desire of leaving home early is most of the time just a spoilt child fuss. But don't expect everyone to have an easy and happy life, of which the biggest dramas are the lack of lipstick and a parents forbidding to use the phone and such. Just be aware that even if parents don't mistreat you in a "traditional" way (mollesting, beating), it doesn't mean you are to be happy with how it is and that you are capricious if you are not. One of my friend flew from home two times because her parents are kind of "irrational" (and that is an euphemism). And the most incredible thing in that all is that the first time she did so (it lasted maybe 10 days), they didn't even noticed it. Or let's just imagine a pattern: alcoholic father and depressive mother. Or a toxicomaniac and a maniaco-depressive. You might not be beaten, or mollested, but I could swear you don't want to live in such an environment. So don't be too prone to judge. As for the one who doesn't one to live with her parents because of their rules: hahaha. You know, squats can be quite comfortable and cosy if you put a flower bucket here and a painting there and if you do not bother of the heroinomaniac there and is friend in ethylic coma, you'll be quite happy.

Alyssa
11-16-2004, 02:02 PM
Speakiing of which - what's the matter with living with your parents? Have they done anything bad to you anyways?

I was raised under a setting where my dad had a terrible life and my mom was somewhat dragged into it. However, looking back - I begun to appreciate what they had done for me, and that I have taken too many things for granted. My dad has changed, so he's pretty cool now - kinda.

Just because your parents give you "rules" doesn't mean they're all necessarily bad. I never had any problem with my parent's rules - basically, I never go around doing something terribly stupid like hang out with friends late at night, get drunk, or party like there's no end. I don't do any of those things. That's because I had the will to study and know the right values for what is best for me. I don't want to live a miserable life given the freedom of choice placed before me. Certain rules prohibited me to choose freely, but it was not an issue at all - I wasn't that sort of person who would be a rebel to their parents. Besides, I was born that way and I knew better as well. I agreed with my parents too, apparently.

So just leaving your parents for the heck of it is not the right way to go.
I negotiated with my parents a couple of times, but when they cut off the internet, I was kinda disappointed two years ago. But it also made me gain better grades **very little, sorta** - and I was able to venture the world and make new friends - but still, it was worth the wait of the internet and my parents think I'm well grown enough to just study and do well in school. Now that I don't have much time to go out anymore, these rules kinda have become my life. Well, I will create my own as well - rules are important and if you do find them a little harsh, at least show small signs or talk up to them straight and maybe they will be more flexible with you. They love you in secret, you know that... and they would do anything to raise you up for a better future. ^_~

amuro1
11-16-2004, 02:13 PM
invasion of privacy is no big deal until it happens to you

En Svensk Tiger
11-16-2004, 02:19 PM
invasion of privacy is no big deal until it happens to you
haven't you got the eye of the eagle? -.-

Scrambled: Amen.

But here's an idea, on the matter of this topic... If someone rapes your privacy, tell them to get the 345^9 out of your room or something..

And Noki, you are correct indeed..I don't have a door -.-

Princess Minako
11-16-2004, 02:36 PM
invasion of privacy is only annoying when you have something to hide.

I never had anything to hide from my parents so I didn't care if they went through my stuff. My best friend has had a harder life than anyone I have ever met, not to mention Kaitou and his family fled from Soviet Russia. Where there was no such thing as privacy. So I think I understand a lot more than you realize. I've never heard either of them whine about anything of the sort.

The Goddess has Spoken

ShadowBlade
11-16-2004, 02:51 PM

next time reply with "OOOHH! GOD YES YES YES HARDER HARDER HARDER!!!!" that'll teach em. lol:laugh:

Eris
11-16-2004, 05:43 PM
Shadow: Sorry, joke's already been done. http://animeforum.com/showpost.php?p=332358&postcount=15

Yojimbo51
11-16-2004, 09:33 PM
of course, my problem is mostly that I have that damn msn monitoring system, so when someone got my password somehow and went to a bunch of hardcore porn sites I got grounded for several weeks. I even explained how it probably wasn't me since the date that it happened was while we were on vacation, but that didn't seem to matter:<_<:

And there's no way you can convince teens that their parents are doing it for their children's own good. I know, being a teen myself. Just because I know that they're doing it for my good doesn't mean I like it.

Eris
11-17-2004, 02:23 AM
Yoji: Use gaim (gaim.sf.net) instead. Just like AIM and MSN, only it doesen't have any compatible monitoring software.

ShadowBlade
11-17-2004, 03:01 AM
well arent you the cutest little hacker.where do you get all this stuff?

Annik
11-17-2004, 04:36 AM

Same here. My mother thinks I'm on drugs...

But they're the ones growing Marijuana in their closet. :]

skyler22
11-17-2004, 11:06 AM
it realy gets on my nerves when my parents do that but lately they have been prity cool about it

Rainb0w
11-17-2004, 11:41 AM
I like to spy. It's always good to know what goes on behind your back...;)

Princess Mononoke
11-17-2004, 11:49 AM
thanks eudial i'll give that link to my sis

Bad Wolf
12-19-2004, 03:19 PM
Say "Yes maa, i'm high on crack and am having sex with a goat which i am going to sacrifice to satan and just after i'm done nailing this cat to the wall"
if i said that to my mom she might take me seriosly and bust the door down. then when she figured out i was just kidding she jump on my case for being stupid. i have roblems with my dad. he snoops thru my stuff and has read my diary befor. i have anthor account on here and decided to go read my journal so i decided to create this one so i can write journals and know that he hasnt the first clue as to who shadow sniper really is. im such a devilish person no wonder i dont have a boyfriend

rpgwiz99
01-01-2007, 02:24 AM
my parrents care but they dont snoop

anime133
01-10-2007, 03:45 PM
Doesn't it just annoy the heck out of you? My dad just came in a tried to read a note I was typing. A very private note thank you very much. You think that they'd understand because we all know that when they were kids they'd hate it if their parents tried to look at stuff they didn't want them to. It just annoys me how that can be. Anyone else have this problem?

No never.....people know that if they invade my privacy they will suffer sum sorta pain.....i hate it i hate it i hate it!!! I put a lock on my door and now no1 comes in or out.....gosh im happy in my lonely darkness :laugh:

pfftlecakes
01-10-2007, 03:51 PM
I've always been a very private person and through the days that I actually had to deal with my parents they did, for the most part, allow me privacy.

My father especially has never been inclined to go snooping through my stuff while my mother seems to enjoy finding out this or that. She never delved so deep into my affairs, but I have found her going through a few of my things in the past.

They've always been fairly respectful of me and my things in general.

DOOM!
01-16-2007, 02:02 PM
I currentley live in a kitchen. I am very used to the posibilty of someone being able to dissrupt my privacy at any moment, so, if i do anything that require maximum privacy, i do it in a hidden mater that, when directley exposed to public view it would be incomprehencible and ignored. Such as typing in another language, my monitor is visible to the whole room.

I think i'm perfect for the Truman show, don't you think?

Velvet_Nightmare
01-16-2007, 02:30 PM
Humans are curious creatures. So yeah, my mom and lil bro are always looking at me when I'm on the computer. Sharing a room with my bro doesn't help, and my mom complains that when she's using the computer it makes her nervous when I look over her shoulder, well guess what, it makes me nervous too. T_T

German_Sniper9
01-16-2007, 02:37 PM
My mom looks over my shoulder all the time,

and my dad, well he does nothing... which is great

i can be home at 2:00am and not be asked questions as long as its a weekend

XxJadexX
01-16-2007, 02:55 PM
I get work emails and the person who works beside me is always reading it. It's nothing special, just requests, questions, stuff like that, but I hate when I am reading it and she just looks over at it and starts to read it.

sasunarubishoujo
01-16-2007, 03:21 PM
my mom always wonders what i do on the computer and sometimes yells at me because of it, but other than that they dont care.

Pancakes
01-16-2007, 03:49 PM
Why Can't People Learn To Ask B4 Openin My Room!!!!

Fetal Fetish
01-16-2007, 03:51 PM
Yeah..One time my mom got ahold of my diary, and I was just getting out of the shower when I saw her holding it! *gasp* But luckily, she had JUST gotten it and didn't even read one word of it before I took it. lol

Ayame_Sohma
01-16-2007, 03:55 PM
My parents dont came into my room but my lil bro came into my room and take my cd player or my cd which doesnt make me happy

Midna
01-16-2007, 05:29 PM
I hate when my younger brother enters my room when I'm trying to sleep. Locking the door doesn't help at all, since he can open it. -_-

Storm Strife
01-16-2007, 05:38 PM
I hate when my younger brother enters my room when I'm trying to sleep. Locking the door doesn't help at all, since he can open it. -_-
You need one of the dungeon doors in the Patrician's Palace of Ankh-Morpork - the keyhole is on the outside, but all the bolts are on the inside.

Faceless111
01-16-2007, 05:41 PM
I don't care about invasion of privacy. I don't have anything to hide. And I brashly show off my porn collection, I have no shame.

Midna
01-16-2007, 06:07 PM
You need one of the dungeon doors in the Patrician's Palace of Ankh-Morpork - the keyhole is on the outside, but all the bolts are on the inside.
That would help. xD

Or, at least a new doorknob....

Tsuna Kadiri
01-16-2007, 06:20 PM
I don't really have anything to hide. What you see is what you get, if something is going on, I'll let it be known usually. Besides, if someone was curious about something and thought snooping around in my room or on my computer would get them any answers, they wouldn't find anything that they didn't know about already.