PDA

View Full Version : What Kind of Music Should I Download?

Alyssa
10-24-2004, 11:45 AM
Ahh... still trying to find some nice asian songs from around the net, even from Suprnova, but I can't quite seem to get some of the even nicer songs though in specific - you know, generally from J-Pop singers, to random popular RPG games, hit tracks from anime shows, or even your favorite songs for the PS2, etc. etc.?? I found many of the new Japanese songs to be quite interesting, and I was hoping that some of you people might post up suggestions on what I should download as well, since many of you have listened to songs I've never even heard of in my life quite yet. Any single track will do, and it would be nice if you would put in some specific names for these kind of MP3s - and no American/English bands. All pure asian music. I thank you guys! I know you won't fail to amaze me. ^_^

** Re-edited this post for simplification.

Cless Alvein
10-25-2004, 07:56 AM
I'm confused, I think. Are you looking for anime songs, or video game songs?
Or just any song in Japanese? Or any Asian language?

I really like the ending theme of Breath of Fire III, "Pure Again"
(http://www.siamstreet.com/zgames/m/Breath%20of%20Fire%203%20(Ending%20Theme)%20-%20Pure%20Again.mp3)

If that's kind of what you mean, and you like that song any, let me know
and I'll see about thinking of a few more for you. :D

Alyssa
10-25-2004, 09:28 AM
Actually that song is one of the many I already have on my MP3 Album, and I love that track too! Oh yeah ^_^. If you have any more that you find nice under your judgment, I'll be happy to take in your opinions and hear it for myself. I myself downloaded tracks from just a sample few:

Ayumi Hamasaki
Soul Calibur II
Wild Arms Code Alter-F
Resident Evil ~ Outbreak
Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly
Final Fantasy Collections VII to X-2
Guilty Gear X~2: Midnight Carnival

They all kick a lot of butt, and I wanna download lots more! Of course, anyone's would be appreciated, as long as they are Japanese/Korean Tracks and within the exception of RPGs or game/anime OSTS. Pop music would be best for me!

My list is growing and I need your help!! I thank you all. ~_^

Cless Alvein
10-25-2004, 01:00 PM
Ahh, everyone loves Ayumi. I'll start off with my default suggestion
of anything by Yoko Ishida, particularly Towa no Hana, the opening
theme of Ai Yori Aoshi. :love:

Ick. I only have basic stuff on hand right now, and very limited at that.
Give me some time, and later when I'm not just on lunch I'll dig up some
stuff I have heard/would listen to.

Axel Stone
10-25-2004, 02:01 PM
Ah, try to look for the Suikoden III Opening song.. Himekari - Exceeding Love, I think it's called.

It's pretty good.

Alyssa
10-25-2004, 03:17 PM
Yes that track is interesting indeed.

I will give you some of my suggestions - if you still aren't able to find these songs out by yourself, PM me and maybe I can work things out for you.

Here are a few:

[Hack Ova - OST] - Edge
Masato Koike - Okehazama <From Samurai Warriors>
Daisuke Ishiwatari - Noontide <This song is amazingly god-like!>
US - Endless Love
Tales of Symphonia - Starry Heavens (Orchestra Vocal)
Shinhwa - I Pray For You
Joga - Dam Dariram <DDR Related>
Morgana - Never Gonna Make <Team Factory Mix>

Of course these are one of the many tracks I like on my MP3 list.

Gotta find me some cool songs!

Terra
10-26-2004, 11:19 AM
huh? u're looking for asian songs? i never looked for asian songs before... but then again i'm from asia.

Queen-of-Mars
10-26-2004, 04:47 PM
Do you have WinMx? I'd be more than happy to open my list for you. LPS got about 100 songs off of me, so i'm sure you'd find something. I've got a bunch of FF music, including the entire FFX soundtrack all tracks seperated and in wonderful quality. I may have some other stuff you'd like, but we'll see. So if you're interested, let me know.

Alyssa
10-26-2004, 10:37 PM
Do you have WinMx? I'd be more than happy to open my list for you. LPS got about 100 songs off of me, so i'm sure you'd find something. I've got a bunch of FF music, including the entire FFX soundtrack all tracks seperated and in wonderful quality. I may have some other stuff you'd like, but we'll see. So if you're interested, let me know.
That'd be great, you can post it up for me by PM or add me on msn. I'll be waiting ^_~

Milly
10-27-2004, 08:13 AM
Ahh... still trying to find some nice asian songs from around the net, even from Suprnova, but I can't quite seem to get some of the even nicer songs though in specific - you know, generally from J-Pop singers, to random popular RPG games, hit tracks from anime shows, or even your favorite songs for the PS2, etc. etc.?? I found many of the new Japanese songs to be quite interesting, and I was hoping that some of you people might post up suggestions on what I should download as well, since many of you have listened to songs I've never even heard of in my life quite yet. Any single track will do, and it would be nice if you would put in some specific names for these kind of MP3s - and no American/English bands. All pure asian music. I thank you guys! I know you won't fail to amaze me. ^_^

** Re-edited this post for simplification.
Silly Celessa. You should never download songs. It's "illegal". Naughty, naughty!

Well, you aint the only one out there who dowload songs (cuz I do too ^^). You should got to iMesh.com, if you want.

Um some asians songs you should download is: The opening theme song on Azumamnga Daioh. It's so kawaii. And you should get like the openeing theme on Fruits Basket! Sorry, I don't know the artists name. Hehehe:laugh:

Daenerys
10-27-2004, 10:34 PM
Yeah, I thought all the illgeal stuff wasn't supposed to be posted anymore? (Filesharing, and what not.)

_hades the wicked
10-28-2004, 12:12 PM
http://torrents.theppn.org <-- the ultimate asian music source (uses BitTorrent)

Metal_Knuckles
11-03-2004, 05:00 PM
get some tight music from the American Idiot cd

Knightmare686
11-08-2004, 02:45 PM
dont know but a good site to get good free Mp3 is http://www.singingfish.com. its good. i get all of my DDR remixs and dance music here. and its FREE!

Fabala
11-09-2004, 03:16 AM
Well...I'm not much of a game person, but I can certainly list some of my favorite Asian singers ^^

Aikawa Nanase
*Akino Arai
Amuro Namie
Believe (Chinese)
Coco Lee (Chinese)
*Gackt
Kahara Tomomi
Kobayashi Akiko
Kuraki Mai
L'arc~en~Ciel
Misia
Mizushima Yasuhiro
**Nakajima Miyuki
Nakayama Miho
Naotarou Moriyama
**Ogata Megumi
Okuda Tamio
*Okui Masami
Onitsuka Chihiro
Orikasa Ai
Paul Wong (Chinese)
Sakamoto Maaya
See-Saw
Shimatani Hitomi
Suzuki Hiroko
*Takagi Nao
Takano Urara
Takehito Koyasu
*Tomizawa Michie
Utada Hikaru
*Yaida Hitomi
Yoko Kanno (composer)

Those marked are my top favorites...

Gil
11-09-2004, 02:45 PM
Go and download songs by the band: Finger 11
Download these songs:
Good Times
Complicated Questions
Quicksand
Drag You Down
For the Ocean

Metal_Knuckles
11-09-2004, 03:21 PM
those are ok!

XxJBxX
11-10-2004, 02:48 PM
ummmm......download some illegal music from www.shareaza.com (http://www.shareaza.com) and dl Chemical Romance, GreenDay, The Used, Sum 41, Simple Plan, Sugarcult, and Matchbook Romance :p

Metal_Knuckles
11-10-2004, 02:49 PM
lol thats the best kind!! if its stolen!!

sassy-dozi
11-12-2004, 09:35 AM
huh...any thing U2 they so totally ROCK!!! I know...i'm weird
http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/12111486.jpg

paul
11-13-2004, 06:17 PM
slipknot is cooll

Muyo_Ryu
02-10-2005, 07:51 AM
Paul .. i think someone's looking for asian music .... not ... nevermind

I would defenatly go for Koda Kumi, Hikaru Utada, Maaya Sakamoto ... best music .. my 3 very favourite tracks are sungs by those 3 singers ... i'd give up anything to watch them live >.<

sword_master
02-10-2005, 08:21 PM
well i really dont listen to japanese stuff much but i do know that a dose or two of green day and linkin park and you will be happy

/Aifa|
02-10-2005, 10:43 PM
...Well, ill just list some songs that i like:

Chrono Crusade opening - Tsubasa Wa Pleasure Line
Tanpopo - Last Kiss (Orphen 1st ending song)
FLCL Ending song - Ride on Shooting Star
Utada Hikaru - Addicted To You (Up in Heaven Mix)

Some Chinese Artists:
Leon Lai
Kelly Chen