PDA

View Full Version : Stratos 4

Innotech
10-23-2004, 05:59 PM
If anyone has seen this (I have 2 vols of it) Id like to know your thoughts. Its not a really outstanding show, but its fun to watch and it reminds me of the movie Armageddon in ways (comet blasting and witty space cadets)

Saint Mana
10-23-2004, 11:32 PM
Who likes Angelic Layer?

TheWickedOne
10-23-2004, 11:33 PM
I never got see it only amvs but i love there music

Saint Mana
10-23-2004, 11:38 PM
Yes, the music is quite good. I the battles are rather interesting also.

Dark_Misery
10-25-2004, 11:57 PM
It's...okay...

Essex
10-26-2004, 01:50 AM
What serie are discussing here?
I've seen the stratos show, but not the other one. I liked it

Innotech
10-26-2004, 03:02 PM
Who likes Angelic Layer?
This is a thread about Stratos 4 not angelic Layer. Please make another to discuss that show. But since you brought it up, I also have the full 7 disc set of angelic Layer and it is a very cute and entertaining show, not to mention it has a surprisingly good story to it! There is a really good reason why Icchan formed the angelic Layer game and its probably not what you would think.

[BlackDeath]
10-27-2004, 08:25 AM
This was given a poor review, but personally i think it looks good and interesting.

Innotech
10-29-2004, 10:48 PM
This was given a poor review, but personally i think it looks good and interesting.
who gave it a poor review?
I think animeondvd did, but hte show doesnt aim for greatness, its just a fun little flufff show to pass the time. dontl ook for any mind bendingl ife changing realizations in it:D

[BlackDeath]
10-31-2004, 09:50 AM
who gave it a poor review?
I think animeondvd did, but hte show doesnt aim for greatness, its just a fun little flufff show to pass the time. dontl ook for any mind bendingl ife changing realizations in it:D
Newtype did

Innotech
10-31-2004, 05:04 PM
Newtype did
Newtype uisually hypes up anime though..Ive never seen a bad review in it when Ive read it! what issue is this?

[BlackDeath]
11-01-2004, 06:27 AM
11 or 10, no its 11, near the back, the issue with Rika and Risa from D.N.Angel as the front cover pic.

Innotech
11-01-2004, 06:25 PM
11 or 10, no its 11, near the back, the issue with Rika and Risa from D.N.Angel as the front cover pic.
I did a check and thats not the one. It was the one with Shima Katase from Stellvia on the cover. After reading through the article, I found the authors reasons for not liking it to be sort of goofy, since he claimed natural disasters as villains doesnt excite him. However, the plots and themes of movies like twister and armageddon are interesting to me (although there are some things I dont like about the movie armageddon) and so Stratos 4 became a really fun show that I had to pick up.

animeseishi
11-03-2004, 01:37 AM
hhhmmmm....i was able to watch one episode of this...but it wasnt really enough for me to judge this anime....but i must say the chracters are cute....

[BlackDeath]
11-03-2004, 11:50 AM
I did a check and thats not the one. It was the one with Shima Katase from Stellvia on the cover. After reading through the article, I found the authors reasons for not liking it to be sort of goofy, since he claimed natural disasters as villains doesnt excite him. However, the plots and themes of movies like twister and armageddon are interesting to me (although there are some things I dont like about the movie armageddon) and so Stratos 4 became a really fun show that I had to pick up.
Hm, maybe i'll read it again as i forgot pretty much the whole review, but thats only his opinion anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Innotech
12-23-2004, 09:57 AM
Hm, maybe i'll read it again as i forgot pretty much the whole review, but thats only his opinion anyway so it doesn't really matter.
Having actually seen the whole show now I have to disagree with that guy. Im not sure if hes even seen it all, because its a fun little story with fun characters. A good way to pass a few hours.