PDA

View Full Version : Tenchi Muyo!

Kagome
10-11-2004, 08:38 AM
This was one of the greats. lol. I don't think a lot of people would disagree.

For those who have seen the OAV version and loved it, like me, I heard a rumor that their going to finish animating it! So we can find out what really was supposed to happen with Tokimi-sama and Tsunami and Washu-magumi-sama and Tenchi and shiz! It's just a rumor, but here's hoping!

XxJBxX
10-11-2004, 09:34 AM
yes techi's cool. but how many series/seasons of it do they have? there's just way too many to count. but which "season" of tenchi muyo is the best so i can go buy it?

Manhattan_Project_2000
10-11-2004, 04:50 PM
1: Yeah, they're making more OAV's.
2: Arenít that many series/episodes... I know I don't have the names, but there are only 4 (5 if you count Pretty Sammy), and less than a hundred episodes between them.
3: There's already a much larger Tenchi topic in romance.

Anime_Overload
10-11-2004, 08:51 PM
It an't no rumor! I can prove it too! I have episodes 14 and 15 and man are there some new plot twists in this one. episodes 14 15 and 16 lead up to the begining of Tenchi Muyo GXP.

[BlackDeath]
10-12-2004, 03:55 AM
i didn't like it too much, i found it to be too childish and kiddy, if ya know what i mean!?

XxJBxX
10-12-2004, 10:00 AM
no.......

Shinkono Kokoro
10-12-2004, 02:07 PM
Hehe.. This is a great series. ^_^ Very amusing. ^_^ Good stuff here. I like Tenchi Muyo and I'm glad that they're doing more with it.

red storm
10-13-2004, 02:16 AM
I really love Tenchi Muyo, anyone has heard any rumours about Tenchi getting showed in Holland? Please?

[BlackDeath]
10-13-2004, 08:08 AM
no.......
how old is everyone here? i bet you all under the age of 16! huuuuuh, ok, Tenchi is an anime made for the younger viewers, i dont like stuff like that, but my opinion is one of a mature viewer, so one would expce the older anime fans not to like it, its not like i depise it, it just doesnt grab my attention, what does Tenchi have that other titles dont, what makes it original, heres something for you to know, everything is copied from somewhere no matter how original it may seem, there just different variations its very rare to find someting thats totally original, since thats the case, you have to consider the theme and plot, charecter deign, the people who made it, the music composers etc... and frankly i dont find much in it for me to be a fan, but thats my opinion xP

Kagome
10-13-2004, 05:05 PM
Uh-uh. No it was not for younger viewers. In Japanese it has mature sexual themes. And I'm 18 and like it. So blah.

Shinkono Kokoro
10-13-2004, 05:41 PM
I'm older than sixteen too and I like it. *blinks* And there are some mature themes involved that sometimes cannot be picked up on by younger audiences. I think it's a good anime. ^_^

[BlackDeath]
10-14-2004, 01:39 AM
ok then, so older people like it too then, older men like little girls also, there called peodaphiles (spelling), so whats your point! Ok im getting mean now, i guess a appology is in order, still think its not very good, can you convince me otherwise? Convert me into an Inu Yasha fan...

Kagome
10-14-2004, 10:53 AM
Well, if you don't like Inuyasha either-there's no help for you. lol. Though most anime is a 50/50 deal- Either you like it-or you don't. It's all right that people don't like Tenchi Muyo! The point is-a lot of us do.

Suzuna
10-14-2004, 02:33 PM
...ahem. Without being rude, I would like to say that I dislike Tenchi. Probably more than any other anime I've seen. I feel that it just gets pointless towards the end. However, I do like the first five episodes or so.

Rio-Okie
10-16-2004, 04:43 PM
the show is awsome! =3
gadda love the love triangle and the cute lil cabbit! >.< lol ;3
my favorite character is Mihoshi.

retro
10-16-2004, 05:02 PM
Tenchi is way too bland for me. The woman made this Anime! They made it funny, added the interested to all the plots while 'Tenchi' made faces of shock at everything, Guess he's a contry boy : P (This is the Tenchi TV series)

[BlackDeath]
10-17-2004, 06:27 AM
Tenchi's charecters are just too '2D', theres good, bad and stupid and thats it, the personalities are just so cliche, you need things that are original!

SGI
10-17-2004, 03:49 PM
Oh but Kagato's personality was so overly cliched it was hilarious.

[BlackDeath]
10-19-2004, 08:12 AM
Oh but Kagato's personality was so overly cliched it was hilarious.
Yea, "look at me im so evil, i'll think im going to kidnap a princess only for her prince to come and rescue her then overthrow me be beating me but that's impossible since im so power, i'll just underestimate every foe that steps in my way!" Something along those lines.

Kumi
10-20-2004, 06:04 PM
I like it.......the story is good.......and it's funny!

TheWickedOne
10-20-2004, 06:47 PM
i love that anime.. i own everyseason and movie on dvd ^^ Ryoko is da best

.com person
10-21-2004, 12:22 AM
* sign* Still broke but its on my wish list :) I've only see it dub so I can imagine what it will be like in the Japanese verison. Know I'm glad they toke it off back in the days it was like man what a good cartoon... :laugh:

Tenchi Masaki
10-21-2004, 04:54 AM
Personally, for me Tenchi Muyo! is what got me into Anime in the first place. My friend popped in the first few episodes on his VCR and I've been hooked ever since. So I owe a certain debt to the series and for what it's given me...a passion of anime.

I suppose I should address the age issue. I'm 18, and yes it appeals to me but I guess you can assume that since Yu-Gi-Oh! and Pokemon still slightly appeal to me. I'm a kid a heart sometimes, but enjoy my mature anime as well.

My favorite series would be Tenchi in Tokyo. Most Tenchi Fans(at least the ones I know) despise this series, but I really enjoyed it. The plot twist and the ending just made me cry. What guy wouldn't want a girl like Sakuya?

Okay enough of my ramblings. To each their own, as long as you enjoy anime then we love you!

roxybudgy
10-21-2004, 05:04 AM
I like the manga for Tenchi Muyo better than the anime. My favourite character is Ryoko, and least favourite is Mihoshi, she annoys me for some reason.

Anime_Overload
10-21-2004, 09:09 AM
how old is everyone here? i bet you all under the age of 16! huuuuuh, ok, Tenchi is an anime made for the younger viewers, i dont like stuff like that, but my opinion is one of a mature viewer, so one would expce the older anime fans not to like it, its not like i depise it, it just doesnt grab my attention, what does Tenchi have that other titles dont, what makes it original, heres something for you to know, everything is copied from somewhere no matter how original it may seem, there just different variations its very rare to find someting thats totally original, since thats the case, you have to consider the theme and plot, charecter deign, the people who made it, the music composers etc... and frankly i dont find much in it for me to be a fan, but thats my opinion xP
Nope I'm 22!

Kagome
10-21-2004, 11:47 PM
It's a really funny anime. And comedy is good.

Dysis
10-27-2004, 04:15 AM
Tenchimuyo is a funny anime

[BlackDeath]
10-27-2004, 08:24 AM
Nope I'm 22!

And do you like Tenchi?

Deathscythe
10-27-2004, 09:33 AM
i just.. hate tenchi muyo >.> maybe i should go add this to the animes i hate list lol xD ah well also no offence to the ppl who like it

shi_amai
10-27-2004, 11:11 AM
Really funny... pretty cool, but kind of sad. One of my favorites.

[BlackDeath]
10-27-2004, 11:33 AM
i just.. hate tenchi muyo >.> maybe i should go add this to the animes i hate list lol xD ah well also no offence to the ppl who like it
Yay, now you have a brain and common sense! lol

Deathscythe
10-27-2004, 02:27 PM
Yay, now you have a brain and common sense! lol

dude.. i always had a brain and always had common sense.. just i never used it very often so there xD

zeath
10-27-2004, 05:08 PM
are u ready

Gil
10-27-2004, 09:43 PM
Great show. Haven't yet seen the 2nd and 3rd seasons, as they haven't yet been translated in English (and my Japanese is limited). I saw the movies too. They are fun.

[BlackDeath]
10-29-2004, 06:06 AM
dude.. i always had a brain and always had common sense.. just i never used it very often so there xD
ok then.....gald to see your using them now! xD

Yunfei
10-29-2004, 07:09 AM
I thought that Tenchi Muyo was interesting I saw two episode and it held my attention

red storm
10-29-2004, 08:37 AM
Even if (and note I say if) Tenchi was made for kids, what's wrong with liking it when you're not a kid anymore?

Hando101
10-29-2004, 03:02 PM
Tenchi has to be the luckiest guy on earth to have a grandpa and dad let that many women live with them Tenchi is a serious pimp and for that he really needs to choose a girl to date
I personally like Washu the best

Kagome
10-29-2004, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Nope I'm 22!

And do you like Tenchi?

What is Wrong with liking Tenchi Muyo! when your 22 may I ask? That's like saying it's wrong to like almost any kind of anime at that age. Or- saying its stupid to like something like Looney Tunes. I fail to see the logic here!!!!

red storm
10-29-2004, 05:27 PM
*nods* couldn't have said it better myself.

[BlackDeath]
10-30-2004, 08:47 AM
What is Wrong with liking Tenchi Muyo! when your 22 may I ask? That's like saying it's wrong to like almost any kind of anime at that age. Or- saying its stupid to like something like Looney Tunes. I fail to see the logic here!!!!
Well do you watch things like powerpuff girls, or totally spies, or maybe you watch pokemon, i mean ya gotta catch em all dont ya! The logic, the logic is what the hell is someone as old as you watching kids stuff, it's like playing with dolls, it's just not mature for someone of your age, unless you one of those people who quit school, lives in your aprents basement, un-employed and does nothing with your life, then i would understand, not really logic but you get the picture, or maybe i should draw some stickmen and make a slideshow for you or something, would that help you understand better, i know, i'll use sock puppets!

Deathscythe
10-30-2004, 08:19 PM

Looney tunes has no logic thats why you cant see its logic but xD also if you fail to see the actual logic.. <shuts up before he insults someone>

xD i learnt to keep my mouth shut ^_^

as a wise man once said.. "if you have nothing nice to say.. be prepared to get beat up"

im not prepared so i wont say anything xD but yeah its totally fine if you like it i dont see a problem with it or not from the point of veiw ppl who like tenchi muyo would have xD me however hate it and think its pathetic like pokemon which shouldnt even be classed as anime.. i mean its like classing the teletubbies as an anime a stupid babies program that SUCKS

[BlackDeath]
10-31-2004, 09:54 AM
"if you have nothing nice to say.. be prepared to get beat up"

....................yea anywho, god you must get beat up a lot then!

Kagome
10-31-2004, 06:11 PM
Well do you watch things like powerpuff girls, or totally spies, or maybe you watch pokemon, i mean ya gotta catch em all dont ya! The logic, the logic is what the hell is someone as old as you watching kids stuff, it's like playing with dolls, it's just not mature for someone of your age, unless you one of those people who quit school, lives in your aprents basement, un-employed and does nothing with your life, then i would understand, not really logic but you get the picture, or maybe i should draw some stickmen and make a slideshow for you or something, would that help you understand better, i know, i'll use sock puppets!

Ah, but sadly you're wrong. My dad is 43 and he likes Tenchi. My mom is two years younger and she likes Tenchi. There are plenty of people out there that are not 6 years old who like Tenchi.
Also, I couldn't watch that stuff even if I wanted to. I do not have cable. And haven't for a good 15 years-so I don't even know what half the s*** is your asking about.

Hando101
10-31-2004, 07:30 PM
your parents actully like Anime
MAN u are LUCKY
my parents would rather watch CSI or Law and Order
my grandmother thinks it demonic (she believes the rapture is coming soon so I dont blame her)

roxybudgy
10-31-2004, 07:52 PM
My parents are against anime and manga for two reason. 1) they say it interferes with school work, and 2) it's for kids.

Hando101
10-31-2004, 08:22 PM
yea same here but my parents really dont kno that I watch it that often
PS I HATE HALLOWEEN!!!

[BlackDeath]
11-01-2004, 06:29 AM
[/color][/font]
[i]
Ah, but sadly you're wrong. My dad is 43 and he likes Tenchi. My mom is two years younger and she likes Tenchi. There are plenty of people out there that are not 6 years old who like Tenchi.
Also, I couldn't watch that stuff even if I wanted to. I do not have cable. And haven't for a good 15 years-so I don't even know what half the s*** is your asking about.
Fair play, everyone is entilted to their opinions, your 22, i assume you work, and work = money, so buy animes and mangas then

Kagome
11-03-2004, 06:02 PM
No, actually me personally- I am 19...but-yea. You can look at it that way.

Hando101]your parents actully like Anime
MAN u are LUCKY
my parents would rather watch CSI or Law and Order
my grandmother thinks it demonic (she believes the rapture is coming soon so I dont blame her) [/color]

Eh- I guess you could say I am...But it does have its downsides too. Like Mom and I get into major fights over what something might mean in say Inuyasha...But w/e. My dad adores Tenchi as much as I do, and he's even gone as far as to FRAME a picture of Washu...lol.

Metal_Knuckles
11-03-2004, 06:11 PM
hey this show is an awesome one i watch it all the time!!!

red storm
11-12-2004, 08:48 AM
There's only one thing that sucks about Tenchi Muyo, and that is that it's not aired in Holland.

Shinigami Ichigo
11-12-2004, 11:53 AM
That would suck. The only complaint I have about Tenchi is that out of all the girls in the series, Tenchi never gets with any of them as far as I know. If I am mistaken let me know.

yukina18
11-27-2004, 08:22 PM
i just remembered he does go out with ryoko on a date in one of the series. i think it was tenchi in tokyo when that happened. but im not sure. all i know is that it happened and they were in a city so maybe it was tenchi in toyko.

Moon Blade
12-03-2004, 01:49 AM
I like Tenchi Muyo. To recap on all things Tenchi...

1. OVA. Seasons 1 and 2 (episodes 1-13) have been out for many years from Pioneer. Season 3 (6 or more episodes long) is being made in Japan now and will be released by FUNimation next year. [This is my favorite Tenchi. Much more complex then the TV seriesand definately not for little kids).

2 Tenchi Universe - 26 episode TV series. Different timelines than the OVA. A simpleir plot line, but good never-the-less. Also intorduces new characters like Kiyone and Nagi (sp?).

3 Tenchi in Tokyo (Shin Tenchi Muyo! in Japan). Once again, a completely different timeline from the other two, with Tenchi moving to Tokyo. SAid by many to be the worst, though I find it decent (I like the ending).

4 The movies. 3 movies were made - Tenchi Muyo in Love, Daughter of Darkness and Tenchi Forever. I will not go into plot here, as they are talked about in a different thread. They tend to follow the Universe timeline.

5 Mihoshi Special - a 25 minute special set in the OVA timeline about an eventure Mihoshi once had. Not considered part of continuity and contained Kiyone (who never was supposed to appear like that in the OVA).

6 Pretty Sammy - an OVA spinoff containing Sasami as a magical girl. Not to be taken too seriously.

7 Magical Project S - a TV series spinoff of Sasami as Pretty Sammy. I have only seen half of it. Very simmilar to Pretty Sammy OVA.

8 Tenchi Muyo GXP - a new spinoff that is held in the OVA universe yet does not feature any of the regular Tenchi cast. The show scenters on the unlucky human boy Seina Yamada as he finds himself working for the Galaxy Police. Still has the "Tenchi" themes to it and contains new characters that may become important to Tenchi fans...
That is all things Tenchi that I can think of. As I said before, i like Tenchi. ;)

a_simple_fool
12-03-2004, 12:44 PM
I'm going to say first off that I do enjoy the Tenchi shows, excluding Tenchi Tokyo, but that is neither here nor there.

However, as I read this thread the one thing that struck me was the topic of age and its correlation with enjoying this series. And as far as I could see Black Death, you were the one leading this judgement correct?

Now if I'm not too mistaken your main points are that no one of a mature age or frame of mind would find these series enjoyable because they lack the depth or carefully crafted story line of other more "mature" animes. Is this correct?

And you would compare the Tenchi Anime's intellectual level to that of youth focused cartoons such as Power Puffs girls and Pokemon. Correct?

Well, as a person that is 22, and is generally considered pretty mature by everyone I've known or met, I'd like to offer a counter point to your views on this matter.

First we'll look at Tenchi itself. An anime series that is full of light hearted antics and plots that do not require a hell of a lot of thinking. I could see that some people might find a show like this not worthwhile and aimed towards children. However, I would like to site that while it is true that over all the series are simplistic, they do contain a core of well crafted story. I don't mean the kind of epic dramas that are spoke about by all and that leave a lasting impression in people's mind. But a story that taps into those same epic stories to give the viewer that familiar feel that adds that much more enjoyment to the story.

There is enough effort given to the characters so that people begin to feel comfortable with them and develop relationships with them, rooting for their favorites and cursing their more hated characters. I say any time a series can create that kind of feeling in its viewers then they are doing a good job, no matter what the age of the viewer. And by the replies that these Tenchi threads get from people of all ages, I think they have accomplished this.

Now, as to your comparison of the series to those of Powerpuff girls and Pokemon... Well first off... I really... really hate Pokemon, that series I see no merits in, but others do, and by others I again mean others of all ages. But as for Powerpuff girls, while it is geared towards a younger audience that show is also filled with maturer humor as well as parodies of very adult movies. So if it was truly geared towards younger kids, why go to the trouble of putting such things in? They realize that older people do watch and so they put in elements to make it enjoyable to them. The same is true of Tenchi. It too has many elements put into it, be they jokes or concepts, that are geared to a maturer mind set. You just have to look for them.

As to the main focus, that a mature older person should not watch a series that they should only have watched as a young child. To that I point out models. Models are a hobby that are done by young people as well as older people, it is a hobby that transcends age. It is merely a pass time that provides enjoyment. Tenchi is the same thing, it is meant to be enjoyed, and therefore, it does not really matter the age of the person just the question of do they enjoy it?

Let me pose you a question, do you have any hobbies, or shows that you watch that those around you, be they family or friends, believe is too childish, stupid, or just over all inappropriate for someone like your self to enjoy? If the answer is yes then how is that different from this situation. I realize everyone is entitled to their opinions, but why do you really feel so strongly that you have to attack all those that do enjoy this show and cast the "you must be an immature person" judgement upon them? I just don't see the motivation.

So that is my rebuttal... it is only my opinion, and you can disagree with it if you choose, but I hope that you think about it before dismissing it out of hand. That's all.

David

Kagome
12-06-2004, 11:09 PM
Brava and well put. o.o ::claps:: I agree with everything you just said. Though I suppose the real question lies in whether or not Black_Death will read it, let alone understand it. But thanks for putting into words what I couldn't seem to.

Viva Tenchi!

oma
12-08-2004, 09:05 AM
yo i use to whicth this when i was little

Demon Hunter Dante
12-08-2004, 05:27 PM
I don't know much about the show but i do know it is pretty good

yukina18
12-09-2004, 07:40 AM
well tenchi is just about a boy who meets a bunch of space chicks and they get him into alot of trouble

Kagome
12-09-2004, 12:57 PM
Well-technically it is...but it's a more indepth storyline than just that. It actually has a plot...Unlike some animes...::COUGHDBZCOUGH::

yukina18
12-09-2004, 01:00 PM
well i know but i was just telling what the topic is

animeknockout
12-09-2004, 01:09 PM
i loved tenchi muyo and universe :groupwave
i think ryoko is the best:love:
i love her :broken:
shes like haruko((....a little)):offtopic:

UrdRyoko
12-09-2004, 01:26 PM
I like Tenchi Muyo and Tenchi Universe. It maybe a little childish, but I like it alot. Tenchi is also one of the first animes that I watched. It helped me get more into anime. Ryoko is one of my favorite characters and I think she has alot of depth to her. The only one that I do not like is Tenchi in Tokyo.

yukina18
12-12-2004, 02:45 PM
I like Tenchi Muyo and Tenchi Universe. It maybe a little childish, but I like it alot. Tenchi is also one of the first animes that I watched. It helped me get more into anime. Ryoko is one of my favorite characters and I think she has alot of depth to her. The only one that I do not like is Tenchi in Tokyo.
why didn't you like tenchi in tokyo?

UrdRyoko
12-19-2004, 11:48 PM
why didn't you like tenchi in tokyo?
I thought Tenchi in Tokyo had bad animation and I thought at some points the characters went out of their personalities a little. It seemed like the writing in Tenchi Muyo and Universe was better.

Shinigami Ichigo
12-19-2004, 11:52 PM
You said what I was thinking :p Tho the Tenchi in Tokyo OP is my fav from Tenchi (although the one for Muyo was pretty good)

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 12:39 PM
I thought Tenchi in Tokyo had bad animation and I thought at some points the characters went out of their personalities a little. It seemed like the writing in Tenchi Muyo and Universe was better.
yes this is true, they did seem out of place a little. the animation wasn't as good as the other two and i think tenchi in tokyo was shorter then the other two series. i think it only had 26 or 27 episodes. the others had more. but the only thing i liked about tenchi in tokyo was the villan yugi. she was the perfect villan in that series.

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 01:10 PM
Tenchi Muyo is the best of the three, which makes it sad that it is half as long as the others (both Universe and in Tokyo are 26 episodes, and Muyo is 13)

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 02:01 PM
Tenchi Muyo is the best of the three, which makes it sad that it is half as long as the others (both Universe and in Tokyo are 26 episodes, and Muyo is 13)
i thought they were longer than the others. oh well but tenchi muyo is the best one cause it's the beginning and the characters are always the best in the beginning seires.

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 02:16 PM
Usually. Tokyo should have been 13 and Muyo at least 26.

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 02:25 PM
Usually. Tokyo should have been 13 and Muyo at least 26.
agreed. but it's not. i wonder if they'll make more tenchi shows? that would be good if they did. but they would have to be good like muyo and universe.

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 02:27 PM
I heard earlier in this thread that there is an addition to Muyo in the works. That will be awesome, as there are many things left unexplored in that series.

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 02:39 PM
really well then i hope it is show soon

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 02:40 PM
If it is a true rumor. Muyo is the one with Kagato right?

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 03:01 PM
correct

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 03:04 PM
That was so cool when Tenchi cut his ship in half :p

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 03:08 PM
it was cool. washu was introduced in that episode wasn't she? i liked the way mihoshi was transported by her own thing (little puff ball that turned into a pink(i think) cube) into washu's domain.

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 03:10 PM
That was funny. I liked the extra episode they showed when I saw Muyo on IC where they explained what happened to Kiyone. That was pretty funny :p

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 03:14 PM
i didn't see that one. what happened

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 03:16 PM
Basically her and Washu were in a mission and Mihoshi screwed everythign up. It was obviously fictitional since it had all the characters in it, and even Pretty Sami. At the end it shows Kiyone on a piece of rock in space, saying "I'll get you for this Mihoshi".

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 03:18 PM
wow that sounds like Mihoshi and Kiyone.

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 03:19 PM
Yea. Made me want more episodes of Tenchi like that tho :p

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 03:22 PM
that would be good. i just wish they would put tenchi muyo back on tv

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 03:24 PM
Agreed totally. :)

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 03:26 PM
have you read any of th manga?

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 03:27 PM
No unfortunately. My only experience with Tenchi is the anime. That and the RPG for SNES.

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 03:29 PM
i own the first one of no need for tenchi. i believe that's the first in tenchi universe. i think not to sure

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 03:30 PM
Is the Tenchi manga available most places?

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 03:40 PM
yes, you can find them at barns and nobles, waldenbooks, and other books all you have to do is look for the graphoc novel section

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 03:41 PM
Is the manga much different from the anime?

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 03:44 PM
yes and no. they do show alot of the stuff that is in the manga. and then they don't, like there are some parts in the mangas that they don't put in the anime

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 03:46 PM
Sounds interesting. This series doesn't have lots of nudity... does it?

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 03:48 PM
anime no manga has some but its not a porn so not alot

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 03:49 PM
As long as it is tasteful :p What genre does Tenchi Muyo fall under anyway? Is it romance, comedy. space/sci-fi?

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 03:53 PM
romance or comedy i think. or maybe both can't really say i don't have it infront of me or maybe its space/sci fi

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 03:53 PM
Wonder if it will ever air again on CN.

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 03:54 PM
i don't know but i hope so

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 03:55 PM
That is definitely a shared sentiment :p Better than most of the garbage they show anyway.

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 03:57 PM
i know alot of shows are not worth watching anymore

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 03:58 PM
But apparently someone is watching coz quality programs like Tenchi Muyo are sitting on the sides.

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 04:00 PM
yes this is true. but cause my dad has icontrol i taped some of the tenchi in tokyo but they stopped playing them last friday

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 04:16 PM
How does Tokyo end? I never see the end :p

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 04:34 PM
well because tenchi is angry all of the girls that were off in different parts of the galexy were brought back to earth by the power of the gems and then they gave their gems back to tenchi. he put them together and made the sword. and told them he would fight yugi by himself. but or course they didn't listen to him and went to help him. they helped him get to yugi's castle that she created after freezing everything. she retreated back to her castle after sasami told her that if she didn't stop what she was doing that she would end up hating her. well they made it to the castle and let tenchi go in by himslef and went he got to the top where yugi was she was screaming get away. then sent a hugh energy blast at him and he cut it in half. then she thought he was going to kill her but that was not tenchi's way. he slapped her acrossed the face and she was crying cause she didn't want to be put in the dark again. then tenchi talked to her and told her that attacking people isn't the way and that she should have just came to live with him and the others. she leaned on his shoulder and said she was tired and ending up that she wanted to sleep until she grew up and became a better person. everything went back to the way it was. tenchi moved back to his home at the shrine and sasami went and told yugi as she was sleeping about what happened that day. and in the end they were arguing. ryoko was choking washu for ruining her moment with tenchi. she was trying to get him to kiss her. and thats how it ended in arguing.

Jagan Eye
12-26-2004, 04:34 PM
I like Tenchi but Ryoko is awesome

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 04:36 PM
Ended in an argument? Sounds like how it would end :p

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 04:47 PM
yep oh and they were sitting in a tree(tenchi and ryoko) every one else is in the tree with their heads out of it. cause washu was making a portal

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 04:49 PM
SO it makes it seem like TenchixRyoko, just like Universe?

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 04:54 PM
yep, if they make a new series they should make it that ryoko and tenchi are lovers. i think it would be good.

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 04:54 PM
That would make sense, since they seemed to be heading that way :)

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 04:57 PM
yes i would but what would happen to ayeka? i wonder

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 04:58 PM
She could end up with Yosho *begins laughing uncontrollably*:p

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 05:01 PM
hahaha he's so old. what about the guy that she was going to marry in the one when her parents came to earth to get them. the pink haired guy. i think he had pink hair. lol

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 05:02 PM
He got defeated by a wave :p In Muyo, remember Yosho is just wearing some kind of disguise:)

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 05:04 PM
thats right i forgot.(slaps forehead)

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 05:05 PM
I actually wasnt sure about that one:D

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 05:07 PM
hangs head in embaressment but i think it is true

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 05:08 PM
I just remember small details sometimes :p

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 05:11 PM
ok thats sounds like me sometimes

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 05:11 PM
Universe is the one where those two logs are actually spirits of warriors of Jurai right?

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 05:14 PM
yes, forgive spelling azaka and comadace

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 05:15 PM
better than mine would have been :D

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 05:19 PM
thanks that was a good series

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 05:20 PM
Universe is very cool, especially the three part 'Time and Space Adventures'

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 05:23 PM
yea the was good i want to see them again so bad. did i just type that tehehe

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 05:23 PM
I really hope they air Muyo again, as well as Universe.

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 05:24 PM
me too

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 05:25 PM
'Tis a shame that Tokyo ruined it

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 05:28 PM
yea but i did like it for the ending with yugi cause she was like one of the perfect villans

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 05:30 PM
She was also, as far as I remember, the only villlain that was in an entire series.

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 05:35 PM
true but she had three lackies that she created i think :confused:

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 06:01 PM
Didn't like any of them. Hotsuma was the best. Didn't like that guy that looked like a girl. Creeped me out.

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 06:08 PM
hahaha he did. yea i didn't like any of them either but they were there. so they should count right?

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 06:10 PM
I guess. Every bad guy needs lackies :D

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 06:11 PM
yea they do but they need good ones not bad ones

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 06:12 PM
Crocodile, one of my most hated characters, has an entire organization of lackies :p

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 06:14 PM
who?

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 06:15 PM
Villain from One Piece (super evil). Would Lady Tokimi (getting back on topic) be considered evil?

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 06:18 PM
oh well i haven't seen one peice alot cause i have no cable at home right now

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 06:20 PM
I only watch it on computer :D

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 06:26 PM
well i can't do that cause at my home in pa i have cable through the inernet and our internet is down right now

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 06:36 PM
BUmmer. We have cable internet, so I download it straight from fansubbers. I wonder if I can find Tenchi online...

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 06:58 PM
you should be able to

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 07:05 PM
Hope so. BTw, nice sig and avatar :)

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 07:17 PM
thank you yours isn't to bad either ;)

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 07:22 PM
Thank you. Which series is the little cat-girl thing from?

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 07:28 PM
i think tenchi muyo. is that the one when ayeka and sasami's parents came to earth? it's either that one or universe.

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 07:29 PM
Oh yea. Isn't Ayeka and Sasami's mom a total ditz?

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 07:31 PM
yep and she thought ryoko was sasami that was funny. also it was funny when ayeka had to call her mommy in a little kid voice and ryoko got in trouble for laughing and then thrusted against the wall when she saw ryo-oki

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 07:33 PM
*laughs quietly* that was comedy. loved that episode.

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 07:34 PM
i did too

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 07:36 PM
If it has been me I would have totally busted a gut laughing :p

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 07:42 PM
well to be honest i can laugh so hard that i can't breathe and have to take in sharp breaths and laugh at me cause they say it sounds like a goose. which it doesn't. so you would be the only one to bust a gut

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 07:45 PM
sometimes i laugh so hard my eyes start to water :p

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 07:47 PM
i do that too. i think we got off topic again. i won't tell if you won't

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 07:48 PM
Laughing is fun, which is why I like Tenchi shows, coz they are so funny.

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 07:49 PM
yes they are. i think tenchi muyo was the funniest series to me

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 08:02 PM
Ditto, tho Universe had its moments.

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 08:05 PM
yea it did.

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 09:02 PM
As far as I remember there is nothing that redeems Tokyo in comparison to the other two.

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 09:04 PM
true nothing can

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 09:07 PM
But I must admit the OP for Tokyo I liked alot.

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 09:10 PM
i don't think i saw that

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 09:11 PM
The OP, in Jap, is very good. At least, I liked it.

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 09:13 PM
yea i don't think i saw that. what was it about?

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 09:15 PM
Oh, OP means Opening. It means the Opening song.:p

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 09:18 PM
oh my bad. the song was good.

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 09:19 PM
Wasn't as good as the one for Muyo (Did you know that I am a pioneer?)

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 09:20 PM
are really?

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 09:21 PM
That is the title of the OP for Muyo :p

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 09:27 PM
i feel really stupid right now

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 09:28 PM
Hey, the way I said it made it a little unclear :p

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 09:30 PM
well i should have know cause i know alot about tenchi

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 09:32 PM
I wish I could find English version of that shows' ending

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 09:34 PM
you mean the song?

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 09:35 PM
Ya. I found it once, but it was in Jap :<_<:

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 09:37 PM
did you do a yahoo search?

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 09:40 PM
No way. THose are too unreliable. Guess I will have to download Kazaa again.

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 09:48 PM
it always seems to work for me, but if that works to then i hope you find it

Shinigami Ichigo
12-26-2004, 09:49 PM
Thanks. I know I will need the luck:p

Lady Dragon
12-26-2004, 09:52 PM
your welcome :D