PDA

View Full Version : Tomoyo?!

Leo Seta
10-08-2004, 07:41 AM
Howdi fellow lovers of CCS, I've decided to open a thread on something that has always interested me to do with the series. Tomoyo seems to be the only main character that doesn't end up with "the one they love the most". I always thought that this was really harsh as Tomoyo was such a cool character. However it recently dawned to me as to who Tomoyo really is. I think that she is in fact the CLAMP members putting themselves into the story. She doesn't end up with anyone but has strong ties to Sakura, Syoaran and Toya. She is seemingly all knowing about all of the relationships and is the silent puppet master directing alot of them. She records Sakura's adventures and is in this sense the story teller. She also explains the backlog story at the begining of each of the mangas in the first ark. Well that's my evidence, feel free to argue with me or post your own opinions!!!!

.com person
10-08-2004, 07:07 PM
Oh I love Tomoyo
Let's start a fanclub

~Raye Hino~
10-09-2004, 05:52 AM
Are you obsessed with CCS? And do you ever plan on returning the mangas to Mecha?

*laughs*

I like her well enough...I haven't seen it in a long time, nor have I read the manga...perhaps you could just mail them to me when your through...I won't tell.

I really never thought about it in that way before, but you do make a valid point.

*goes off to think about it some more*

Ami~chan
10-09-2004, 09:13 AM
Tomoyo is cool. She's the backbone of the show. She's always there for Sakura, and not once has she been mean to anyone. She and Sakura are what, 3rd cousins?

SuperCutie567
10-10-2004, 09:24 AM
Tomoyo is a great character who seems mature for someone who is like,12 or something.But she's one of my favorite anime characters.:D

Havana
10-10-2004, 12:27 PM
I love Tomoyo, she's pretty talented for someone who's 10, who do you know at that age that can sew costumes, sing, make tea?, cook, be polite, and is mature. Her hairstyle is simple, and alot of asians have bangs like hers. I also like her style of clothing, very victorian.

Dark_Misery
10-18-2004, 09:27 PM
she's cool...

Sadako Sumeragi
10-19-2004, 05:02 PM
Ooooooh, never thought of it that way before. I agree! Yay!

JiruCloud
10-19-2004, 06:50 PM
Tomoyo is my favourite CCS character since the first time I saw her! She was so cool with her camcorder and those awesome dresses! I loved it! I want to either have a friend like her, or be that friend! Your view on her is hauntingly accurate...
<Does anyone still call her Madison?>
~Jiru

Saint Mana
10-20-2004, 08:44 PM
I love Tomoyo... she is so great. I also noticed some of those things about Tomoyo, it is sad that she doesn't end up with a loved one. Though she is strong enough to overcome that, which is one of the things I love about her. She, Yukito, and Syaoran are my favorite characters.

_CTA_
11-08-2004, 12:57 PM
tomoyo-chan!! she's so adorable

Shinigami Ichigo
11-10-2004, 11:25 AM
That is true, she is adorable. She is my favorite character as well, and it is very sad she doesn't end up with the one she loves :(

Saint Mana
11-12-2004, 02:19 AM
Alas, it is unfortunate. Tomoyo is strong enough to look past that though. That is what I like about her. I just like to think that Tomoyo finds someone else after the series ends...

Shinigami Ichigo
11-12-2004, 02:45 AM
I don't know. When you love someone that much, it is hard to find someone else. But she is strong so I am sure she ends up fine. :)

Saint Mana
11-14-2004, 12:22 AM
It would be nice if Tomoyo ended up with Eriol... Alas, it is not to be.
I'll just have to write fanfic for that to happen... yes...

DownRight-eviL
11-14-2004, 12:23 AM
It would be nice if Tomoyo ended up with Eriol... Alas, it is not to be.
I'll just have to write fanfic for that to happen... yes...
Yeah!! Make an ET fic!! YESSS!! *Roots for you* I'll read it!! ^__^

Saint Mana
11-14-2004, 12:42 AM
Haha, it appears I am not the only one who likes the idea...

Shinigami Ichigo
11-14-2004, 03:09 AM
If Eriol is who I think it is, I don't like him at all. But if he is not then I have no opinion one way or the other.

Wag Wag
11-15-2004, 01:21 PM
Well, Tomoya doesn't end up with the one she loves because 'the one she loves' ends up with Syaoran. Has anyone read the manga??

Shinigami Ichigo
11-15-2004, 01:29 PM
I know I haven't. Heck, I haven't even seen the whole anime. I just know I love Tomoyo :p

Saint Mana
11-15-2004, 02:21 PM
I have read the entire Manga, and I own most of it. The Manga is superior to the Anime if you ask me...

Shinigami Ichigo
11-15-2004, 02:37 PM
Well manga is not an option for some of us :p And just how MUCH better is it?

Wag Wag
11-15-2004, 02:39 PM
Of course, the manga is better... but if it wasn't because of the anime, I wouldn't have met my dear Touya ;)

Saint Mana
11-15-2004, 02:41 PM
Dear Touya...
Do you refer to a real person, or admiration for the character Touya?

Shinigami Ichigo
11-15-2004, 02:47 PM
I would assume admiration.

Wag Wag
11-15-2004, 02:50 PM
For the character of course! Lol:laugh:

Shinigami Ichigo
11-15-2004, 02:52 PM
There you go. Who do you think Tomoyo will end up with, if not Sakura?

Saint Mana
11-15-2004, 07:27 PM
I still like to think it would be Eriol...
Though should that not happen, Tomoyo could end up with one of her friends. You know the three or four that are always around. Or she could go with Meilin.
Hmmm... Nakuru maybe... Ehh... there's really no more guys left for her.
Too bad Yamazaki is taken, he and Tomoyo would make a pretty cool couple.
Maybe if Kero was human... he's not though. He's not even humanoid.
Meh. She'll find someone, but until that happens... I shall stick her with Hiiragazawa Eriol.

Wag Wag
11-16-2004, 07:34 PM
Yeah, she would make a cute couple with Eriol.... but I'm afraid it doesn't happen and it never will u_u

Shinigami Ichigo
11-16-2004, 07:51 PM
Sounds right I suppose. I had forgotten about Meilin. That is a possibility.

Wag Wag
11-16-2004, 07:58 PM
With Melin? humm... maybe...

Saint Mana
11-16-2004, 08:44 PM
Yes, Tomoyo and Meilin would be an interesting mix...

Shinigami Ichigo
11-16-2004, 08:57 PM
At least they look cute together. :)

Wag Wag
11-16-2004, 09:04 PM
lol, I thik she'd look cuter with Eriol-kun ^_^u

Shinigami Ichigo
11-16-2004, 09:13 PM
Honestly, Tomoyo would look cute paired with anyone. :)

Dysis
11-17-2004, 02:24 AM
Yeah she will look cuter with Eriol-kun :)

Saint Mana
11-17-2004, 02:28 PM
I have to say that Tomoyo would look cuter with Eriol. Though, she will be really cute no matter who she is with.

Leo Seta
11-17-2004, 03:14 PM
You're all wrong, the best person that Tomoyo could of been paired with aside from Sakura (but everyone loves the S&S relationship so I wouldn't want that messed with), is of course Touya.

One of the best fanfics out there about who Tomoyo ends up with is when she is in high school, Touya is her student teacher and a romance forms just like with Nadeshiko and Fujitaka (Sakura's parents).

elite kippyhat
11-17-2004, 03:18 PM
with you oin that

Wag Wag
11-17-2004, 05:14 PM
@LeoSeta: Maybe you say that because of the manga. There it explains that Tomoyo blushed when she saw Touya because he made her remember of Sakura.

Saint Mana
11-17-2004, 06:21 PM
I agree in that Tomoyo and Touya would make a good pair, though I only have one problem with that... Where does that leave Yukito? Tomoyo is cute, great, and one of my favorites, but Yuki is Yuki... Maybe Tomoyo could fall for some other future sibling of Sakura's...

||°*+¨TaRkEmI¨+*°||
11-19-2004, 01:10 AM
Tomoyo is a cool character and she is very important in the plot, people don´t give him the respect she deserves xD she is the best friend, the one who always is there for help, the one who always share his house xD the one who makes the outfits o.o xD she does so many things and very few give her his credits :(
she looks good with Eriol, they are both blue haired xD that´s romantic:rolleyes:

Saint Mana
11-19-2004, 08:51 PM
people don´t give him the respect she deserves xD

Perhaps it is I that are mistaken... but did ye just refer to Tomoyo as a male?

YukoRancor
11-28-2004, 03:36 PM
Well manga is not an option for some of us :p And just how MUCH better is it?Ah, why not?

-->And my input: Tomoyo claimed she was happy if her lover stayed happy(without her). Sakura is happy with Syaoran, and therefore Tomoyo remains happy for Sakura because Tomoyo Loves Sakura.

Wag Wag
12-02-2004, 04:17 PM
Yep, She said that both in the anime and the manga

Anime_Overload
12-02-2004, 07:51 PM
Well in the manga she has a huge chrush on Sakura's older brother. but if you read the story carfully you will find out that she is actually bi. you have to read the details closely to see it.

BlackFrost
12-02-2004, 09:39 PM
So how many people have you mentioned already? Touya, Eriol, Meilin, Sakura, Yamazaki... Tomoyo is so cute with anybody. *sighs* Wonder who she'll end up with, though.

Wag Wag
12-07-2004, 09:15 PM
Well in the manga she has a huge chrush on Sakura's older brother. but if you read the story carfully you will find out that she is actually bi. you have to read the details closely to see it.
She has not a crush on Touya. She blushed everytime she saw him because he made her remember of Sakura.

neosetsuna2004
12-09-2004, 01:33 PM
Tomoyo is so cute...

Anime_Overload
12-09-2004, 11:07 PM
She has not a crush on Touya. She blushed everytime she saw him because he made her remember of Sakura. Actaully she does have a crush on Touya. You have to really pay attention to the clues and hints. She may not show it as much as Sukura having her crush on Yuki but you can defenitly tell that she really likes him.

Yuki_89
12-09-2004, 11:58 PM
Well, speaking of Tomoyo? Well, she's a sweet girl after sakura. *kinda new here..dunno wat to say*....TT_TT

Wag Wag
12-13-2004, 10:21 AM
Well, I have the manga and Tomoyo herself explains that she blushed when she saw Touya because he made her remember of Sakura. I haven't seen any hint of she having a crush on him :s

Darkasiangurl
12-16-2004, 08:52 PM
Tomoyo is cool . I think she should end with Eriol .

Wag Wag
12-17-2004, 10:45 AM
Lol, seems that we all want her to end up with Eriol

Jishu
01-10-2005, 08:00 AM
I like Tomoyo. Sometimes I want her to be the main character instead.

Solar_x2
01-10-2005, 07:25 PM
A thread dedicated to Tomoyo!? cooool!
Tomoyo is the coolest character in the series, for sure.
.com person>> a tomoyo fan club? count me in :D

I think that she is in fact the CLAMP members putting themselves into the story

Wow, good call. you're awfully observant, aren't you!? :p

it makes sense tho, cuz tomoyo, altho not really a huge part of the events composing the series' story-line, clearly has a lot of impact on the actions of other characters through advice and friendship.

飛竜
01-13-2005, 04:23 AM
Howdi fellow lovers of CCS, I've decided to open a thread on something that has always interested me to do with the series. Tomoyo seems to be the only main character that doesn't end up with "the one they love the most". I always thought that this was really harsh as Tomoyo was such a cool character. However it recently dawned to me as to who Tomoyo really is. I think that she is in fact the CLAMP members putting themselves into the story. She doesn't end up with anyone but has strong ties to Sakura, Syoaran and Toya. She is seemingly all knowing about all of the relationships and is the silent puppet master directing alot of them. She records Sakura's adventures and is in this sense the story teller. She also explains the backlog story at the begining of each of the mangas in the first ark. Well that's my evidence, feel free to argue with me or post your own opinions!!!!
Tomoyo is a not bad character after all, I'm not that kind of Tomoyo fan but I do like hers.:rolleyes:

Yuki_89
01-15-2005, 10:38 AM
Lol, seems that we all want her to end up with EriolTomoyo is sweet, meanwhile Eriol is soft-hearted. Both of them had the same hair colour too. Aren't they cute together??

animeseishi
01-19-2005, 04:43 AM
i agree...poor tomoyo....

飛竜
01-20-2005, 03:31 AM
i agree...poor tomoyo....
Hmm...

That would be possible too.

w0Lf b0rn_f0x br3d Yumi
01-24-2005, 09:09 PM
Tomoyo has feelings for Sakura but since Sakura chose Li and never knew Tomoyo's feeling's she just went on with her life. BUt i wish Tomoyo would end up with Eriol.. they make a good couple :D

Papalagui
02-04-2005, 09:45 PM
Saint Mana:

I have read the entire Manga, and I own most of it. The Manga is superior to the Anime if you ask me...

I think this is one of the cases where the anime differences from the Manga are not that bad. The story is more compact in the manga and it is better to understand the feelings of the characters, but the manga adds a few elements - no nice extra cards, Mei Lin - who are not a bad idea. The ideal would be a mix of both...

Actually, I think if I ever have a children and she does not look like Tomoyo , the mother will have to find another father :p

Fantasy fighter
02-07-2005, 02:04 PM
well it's obvious why tomoyo ends up alone. She's inloved with sakura but lee gets her first.

Yuki_89
03-02-2006, 07:30 AM
Is it just me or just CLAMP just love doing such relationships which are quite weird? Like Touya and Yukito, Sakura and Tomoyo, Li and Yukito...? Like a little bit yaoi and yuri. X CLAMP too. Fuma and Kamui... --_--'''

Btw, I think CLAMP should do an anime about Tomoyo as a main character.

~kawaii~cherry~
03-03-2006, 06:19 PM
Tomoyo's a really wonderful character! She was my fave from CCS =^^= And I see that everyone here agrees she should end up with Eriol. They fit. They have lots of in common, both being the calm, logical one.

~*Athena*~
03-17-2006, 03:04 AM
Tomoyo is really cool~

at first, i thought that they, Tomoyo and Eriol will have a "love team"..

and that, i was wrong..:(

i hope there's Cardcaptor Sakura 2..

and i hope too, that Tomoya and Eriol Loveteam will really be possible..:D

DarkMoonPrince
03-17-2006, 08:13 AM
I didn't think about it that way, It's pretty good now that i understand it a bit more. thanks. o.O Tomoyo is a good person, He just can't seem to speak his mind sometimes.

Elfy
03-20-2006, 12:33 AM
I'd have to agree with leo's idea here. Because really, she doesn't end up with her love. She;s a great character and is sort of there to hold everyone together. But in the end she's not totally happy. She's more of an outside observer with ties to the story, yet she's really one of the most important characters.

Bluefox-chan
03-22-2006, 10:23 AM
i agree Tomoyo is one of the most important characters and i also agree that she would be a good match eith Eriol...

Corina
03-31-2006, 06:43 PM
i think it is pretty harsh that Tomoyo doesn't end up with the one she loves most. She's one of the most important characters in the story and the story would be no better without her ^^

Sesshomaru Girlfriend
07-04-2006, 02:16 AM
Tomoyo is pretty nice character and but sadly she is not with someone it rimindes my of the pink headed girl of shaman king she is also nice but never ends up with anyone I really think Tomoyo should end up with Eriol.

Sakura-Kawaii-kay
07-04-2006, 06:01 AM
I think Tomoyo is cool she makes the right costume for the right card.. funny how she knows its like she has a 6th sense or posses some magical power that we dont know about o_o

~Pure Soul~
07-19-2006, 08:08 PM
I lovy tomoyo she's so pretty and cute and nice.!!

http://cardcaptor_schlueter.tripod.com/Tomoyo-Intro.jpg

jasmine786
10-13-2006, 11:15 PM
i like tomoyo because she not obssessed with this all love thing.
she is really nice and mature.

Bibi of the Blue Sea
10-13-2006, 11:26 PM
Tomoyo does end up getting her desire fulfilled. She once tells Sakura that she is happy as long as the person she loves is happy. In the end, Tomoyo is happy for the person she loves most. Of course she doesn't 'get' with someone in a romnatic relationship, but she does her hope fulfilled.

Alice Lost
10-14-2006, 01:15 AM
Once again, I agree with Bibi! The idea of the story was about a girl who captures cards. The story which ensues is only a plus in the story. I like the fact every character lived happily ever after in the end, just like the classic stories I remember as a child. I don’t think it matters in Tomoyo’s heart if she walked away with the one she loves because she was still happy when the story was over. I will admit, I think Tomoyo and Eriol belong together. This is only my opinion.

Alakina Paysinger

BurningBlazeX
12-11-2006, 08:20 PM
well hold on, shes not the only one who doesnt "end up with the one they love most" you cant forget about poor Meilin can you? and yes...Tomoyo...VERY mature for being a 10 year old ya know XD and thats funny how she knows everything that is going on and whats going to happen...heres one example right before they split up and li and meilin return to their house for shaoran to tell her how hes found the girl he loves the most, she tells meilin "think about me later tonight" now how good of a friend is that huh? and theres no telling how long meilin was there ^___^

pyre
12-11-2006, 08:31 PM

yeah, seems like she's the representative of the CLAMP people...

quite mature for a ten-year-old...
the best friend a girl can have...
and i also like the speculative loveteam of eriol and tomoyo...:D

kanon
12-14-2006, 02:24 AM
Personally, I think there's no need for Tomoyo to end up with someone...
I mean, she's TOTALLY devoted to Sakura! You'll never know what might happen. o_O;
I'm not against the EriolxTomoyo, though.

HyperHacker
12-24-2006, 02:59 AM
Hm, I was just watching some older episodes last night and found this particularly amusing. Check out where she's pointing that camera... :laugh: What's worse is she just happened to bring this outfit. Riiiiight.

mali-chan
12-24-2006, 03:18 PM
i totally agree with your theory though I didn't read much of the manga i watched the series (in japanese) and thought literally the same thing. Tomoyo is my favorite character (after Syaoran :D)I know that she doesn't end up with anyone and that is real sad but many people are saying that Tomoyo and Eriol are in love which i think would be great ya know for the matchmaker to have a lover of her own. But I heard that in the manga Eriol and Mizuki-sensei get togethe. is that true? I'm trying to snoop around in Tomoyos buisness.:ninja:

yoh01
12-27-2006, 02:33 AM
yeah, seems like she's the representative of the CLAMP people...

quite mature for a ten-year-old...
the best friend a girl can have...
and i also like the speculative loveteam of eriol and tomoyo...:D

WHOO!! GO ERIOL X TOMOYO!! Yowza!

Jagan Eye
12-27-2006, 02:39 PM
Personally, I think there's no need for Tomoyo to end up with someone...
I mean, she's TOTALLY devoted to Sakura! You'll never know what might happen. o_O;
I'm not against the EriolxTomoyo, though.

I don't think that thats right. Tomoyo has more of a hidden meaning I guess, if they worked on her more. In Tsubasa, she's a princess and she and Sakura have never even met.

yoh01
12-31-2006, 07:59 AM
well hold on, shes not the only one who doesnt "end up with the one they love most" you cant forget about poor Meilin can you? and yes...Tomoyo...VERY mature for being a 10 year old ya know XD and thats funny how she knows everything that is going on and whats going to happen...heres one example right before they split up and li and meilin return to their house for shaoran to tell her how hes found the girl he loves the most, she tells meilin "think about me later tonight" now how good of a friend is that huh? and theres no telling how long meilin was there ^___^

Um... I don't get it

innocent princess
01-11-2007, 02:19 AM
tomoyo-chan is beautifull and helping sakura all the time she even made syaoran realise his feelings for sakura and its funny in the manga when she blushes whenever she sees toya cuz his ears look like sakura's

*~Lily_Gemini~*
01-11-2007, 06:22 AM
Well, Tomoya doesn't end up with the one she loves because 'the one she loves' ends up with Syaoran. Has anyone read the manga??

yea ive read them, and i was kinda freaked out when she said "because the one i love.." or something like that. tho i thought it was very cute and daring. if sakura had understood what that had ment tomoyo might have lost a friend, thats just the way humans react. of course i never reacted like that to any of my friends, but some people really are like that. i absolutely love tomoyo tho, shes my fav charecter nexted to sakuras bro (damn whats his name?) and saoran (sp?) and tomoyos mother, oh and yukito you mustnt forget yukito....i love how he is so oblivious to relize that sakura had a crush on him....tehe. if anyone started a fan club, let me know i wanna join! ^.^ by the way ccs is the best anime/manga of all time!!!!!!!!!! whoo-hoo!

Kiishim Silhou
02-04-2007, 02:13 PM
Hey I've been a CCS fan for YEAARS!! And can you believe I have never read the namga!! Can someone please tell what store can I find them in english of course. Do they sell at Barnes and Nobles? Sorry for the OT but im desperate.

^.^ by the way ccs is the best anime/manga of all time!!!!!!!!!! whoo-hoo!

Seconded!!!

dream magician
02-24-2007, 02:45 AM
I love Tomoyo,but you know, she looks a lot like Nadashiko,you know Sakura's mom.........

Star Gazer
02-24-2007, 05:21 AM
I like Tomoyo too!!!She is sooooo cuuute!!!!!!
^^

Madel5566
03-18-2007, 08:54 AM
wow, I've never thought that way. After what you said, that's quite true. I think she's really a smart and understanding girl in the story, always there for her friends. Is that what CLAMP hope to be too?