PDA

View Full Version : Anime: the Movies!

Prince Darien
08-07-2003, 02:45 PM
I believe there are at least three different Inu Yasha movies.

Anime movies I have seen are:

Almost all of the Poke'mon movies
Kiki's Delivery Service
My Nieghbor Totoru
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
Dragon Ball Z: World's Strongest, Tree of Might, Bardock Saga, Not My Gohan
Tenchi movie one and two
Cowboy Bebop: Knocking on Heaven's Door
Fatel Fury 1
Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz
MS Gundam: Char's Counter-attack
Akira
Metropolis
Slayers

I think that is it.

Dark Warrior Of Death
08-09-2003, 01:31 AM
Ive seen Cowboy Bebop and SM Black Hole, but thats about all the Anime movies Ive seen.

Fixxi
08-09-2003, 06:18 PM
i've seen ranma also. but i dunno if it was the first one or the second one..
which one's the first one and which one's the second one? i've seen the one where they all go to some beach and all woman gets kidnapped..

acamori
08-11-2003, 09:32 AM
hmm, movies? i can't even remember all the ones i've seen there's been so many. what i can remember:

Ghost in the shell
akira
metropolis
Spirited Away
DBZ: Tree of might, worlds strongest, lord slug (some others i can't remember
one of the Inu-yasha movies
Tekken

there are more but i can't remember them all right now.

MayoBabe
08-16-2003, 04:12 PM
I have seen:

Aa! Megami-sama!
Inu Yasha: Love that Trancends Time
Akira
Spirited Away
Mononoke-hime
Endless Waltz
Dirty Pair
Cowboy Bebop: Knocking on Heaven's Door
DBZ: The World's Strongest, Tree of Might
Cardcaptors: The Movie
Rurouni Kenshin: Reflections
Sailor Moon: R, S, and SuperS
Evangelion: End of Evangelion, Death and Rebirth

I think that's about it...

Believe
08-16-2003, 06:58 PM
i cant remember the names, but i saw two SM movies, one with the children being kidnapped for their dreams and the other with the Snow Empress or whatever

Also - Spirited Away.

Honestly, Spirited Away is one of the best movies i've seen...

Dark Warrior Of Death
08-17-2003, 06:29 PM
I want to see Escaflowne the movie, heard it was good, but never got to see it so far....

SGI
08-18-2003, 05:10 PM
Hmmm anime movies. Well I must admit there is one glaring downside to anime movies. You see, to me there are two prerequisites to have a truely good anime, nay a good story. Those are, deep, interesting characters, and an excellent storyline although there are exceptions to this.

1.)The Wings of Honneamise
A long time ago in the year 1987 a movie was released in japan by a then unknown animation studio known as Gainax. Ever since this gem of a movie was released, these boys have made such classics as Otaku no Video, Gunbuster and the infamous Shin Seki Evangelion. This anime did what very very few have suceeded in doing, that is, truely immersing a viewer into a different world. With the story of the launching of the first man into space, set in an entirely fictional world, taking a backseat. The true story here lies in the development of the lead character as he changes from a laid back slob of a man going nowhere to a truely enlightened human being. The characters are ultra realistic, from the faithful (literally) but naieve Reiqune, the reliable aelibit shonky General Kaiya to the quiet boy (er girl) Monna. This anime movie will take you to another world to watch its history unfold both inside and out. This is a true classic of the art.

2.)Grave of the Fireflies
Based on the autobiogrophy of the same name this was written to purge the deamons inside the writer, after seeing this you can understand why such an undertaking was required. This movie is without a doubt my favourite movie by Studio Ghibli, but be warned, this is no Miyazaki yarn. From the very begining this movie is heart wrenching, with tragedy striking at every turn as our young hero does all he can to help him and his little sister survive. Tears welling up at every minute this movie to me is as powerful as the last episode of Gundam 0080, which to those who know me know this is no statement to be taken lightly. Be warned, anybody looking for something lighthearted look elsewhere. I don't care what people say about Spirited Away, Grave of the Fireflies beats it in every way.

2.)Mobile Suit Gundam III: Encounters in Space
This is the best movie in the Gundam trilogy, nya the best Gundam movie hands down. The Gundam movie trilogy was written as a summary of a TV series, and this movie is the empitomy of the mecha genre in general. From the very begining of this movies you known you are going to see something magnificent. This is what Return of the Jedi should have been like, with an unmatched climax. As well as this, this movie introduces the most significant character in the entire UC Timeline, Lahlah Sun, and with her passing (c'mon everyone I know saw this coming a mile away) hails in the minor rivalry between Amuro and Char to becoming the greatest rivalry in the anime universe bar none. With the best animation of the trilogy and the best ending song in all of anime, this is something very special.

ChibiThunder
08-18-2003, 09:19 PM
Im dying to see Cowboy Bebop:Knockin on Heaven&#39;s Door&#33; Cowboy Bebop is one of my fav animes......>.< the bad thing is is that I dont have a DVD player and people keep on telling me that its not coming out on VHS...*dies* ;-; I wanna see Spike again&#33;&#33;

Fixxi
08-24-2003, 01:56 PM
i&#39;ve seen ranma movie second one.. but still haven&#39;t seen the first one.. inuyasha movie, seen the first one, i think, or at least, i hope. how many inuyasha movies are there?

darienslover
09-01-2003, 09:57 PM
let&#39;s see
Utena the Movie
Akira
X/1999
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
All 3 SM movies
GW: Endless Waltz
MS Gundam: Char&#39;s counter attack
DBZ: World&#39;s strongest, Tree of Might
Ghost in the Shell
Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust
Blood the Vampire (I think that&#39;s what its called)

I know there&#39;s more, I just can&#39;t remember the titles...

Ami~chan
09-03-2003, 08:20 PM
On my list, add almost all DBZ movies and all SM movies.

Fixxi
09-11-2003, 01:54 PM
how many SM movies are there?

Prince Darien
10-07-2003, 07:15 PM
Add Yu Yu Hakusho The Movie on to my list.

To answer your question Fixxi, there are three Sailor Moon movies; SM R, SM S, and SM Super S. Add those on to my list as well. I cannot believe I forgot those.

oOoKenshinoOo
10-07-2003, 11:43 PM
I&#39;ve seen WAY too many anime movies to list, it would take me hours just to do so...lol

Dark Lord Takegami
10-15-2003, 04:36 PM
Okies, so, I have seen some Anime movies&#33;

Metropolie, which I won and made me cry
Vampire Hunter D, which was ok
Vampire Hunter D:Bloodlust, which rocked my world&#33;
Castle in the Sky, saw most of it
Ah My Goddess movie
1 or 2 Sailor Moon Movies
and some I cannot remember

Ones I WANT to see:

Cowboy Bebop&#33;&#33;
Cowboy Bebop&#33;&#33;
Cowboy Bebop&#33;&#33;
Cowboy Bebop&#33;&#33;
Cowboy Bebop&#33;&#33;
Cowboy Bebop&#33;&#33;
Cowboy Bebop&#33;&#33;
Cowboy Bebop&#33;&#33;

Okies....te he he&#33;

DarkSideOfTheMoon
10-19-2003, 09:44 AM
okies.....for me..

Metropolis -made me cry too-
Cowboy Bebop :the Movie
Princess mononoke
my neighbor totoro
Spirited away

.:Tsukimi Ayana:.
11-03-2003, 09:27 PM
oh yeah i saw vampire hunter D or whatevah its called

Princess Minako
11-04-2003, 12:29 PM
Akira
Cowboy Bebop
Sailor Moon ( all 3)
Galaxy Express 999
Adieu galaxy Express 999
Harlock Arcadia of My Youth
Maetel Legend
Dragonball z, too many and many I don&#39;t know the names of
Ghost in the Shell
Fists of the North Star
Street Fighter
Ah My Goddess
Evangelion End of Evangelion
Evangelion Death and Rebirth
Escaflowne
Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust

Mostly I&#39;m inlove with Leiji Matsumoto&#39;s work. &nbsp;He&#39;s just Brillaint&#33;

The Goddess has Spoken

Ayanami Rei
11-09-2003, 01:32 PM
Sailor Moon; Black Hole, Hearts on Ice and Power of Love

Pokemon; Mewtwo Strikes Back, Pokemon: 2000, Pokemon: The first movie..uhh..I&#39;ve seen them all, lets just leave it at that.

Magic Knights Rayearth..

Thats it really, I really really want to see the Evangelion movies..>_<

oOoKenshinoOo
11-11-2003, 07:36 PM
I personally don&#39;t like card captour sakura...just not my type of anime.

setsunameioh
11-13-2003, 12:10 AM
In my impression, CCS was for a generation even younger than Sailor Moon...

oOoKenshinoOo
11-20-2003, 06:26 PM
For the most part. I mean, they have alot of scences from the show, but it&#39;s really just the whole plot n&#39; stuff, in a 2 hour long movie. Sorta like...hmm....*thinks* oh, evangelion, death and rebirth. A BIT like that, &#39;cept with less robots, and more old age combat st00f.

Prince Darien
01-23-2004, 04:52 PM
Add Grave of the Fireflies on to my list. That movie is so good.

tiv
03-29-2004, 11:18 AM
i remember a good number of movies...though i think that my favorite ones would be made by studio ghibli: the same people that made:
spirited away
princess mononoke-which i saw fansubbed O_o;;
castle in the sky
grave of the fireflies
kiki&#39;s delivery service

there&#39;s quite a few others..i also like the unico movies o_o;; yes..i know they&#39;re cheesy but i used to watch them ALL the time..&#33;