PDA

View Full Version : Anime Noir

LadyPSerenity
05-31-2003, 06:39 PM
I don't know how many of you out there have had the chance to see this anime.
It is fairly new and is about two FEMALE assassins.
One named Mirelle and one named Kirika.
In the beginning you hear about a journey to the past, and there is a stopwatch that is shown to play a critical part in the Anime.
Though I have only seen about five episodes of the anime I like how the characters are not drawn like most female characters are.
Kirika is a young girl, very somber and very agile in movements.
Mirelle is much older, usually in a pleasant mood though very suspicious of everyone.
There is dry humour so you have to be paying attention to catch it.
All in all I love this anime. I would like to hear what other people think of it if they have seen it.
If they haven't take a look at this one. It is well worth it.

Kaitou Ace
05-31-2003, 08:59 PM
heh, Noir is a pretty fun show overall. I have all 26 eps of it, and it is rather amusing. It doesn't really show blood, but can be rather dark at times, it's sort of a scaled-up gunsmith cats, more serious, and a rather compelling storyline, as they try to find the true Noir, in addition to carrying out assasinations with various implements (from forks to popcorn O_o;  ). Unlike a lot of other shows, it takes place in France. I do reccomend the show.

LadyPSerenity
05-31-2003, 10:49 PM
I much like the broken sunglasses Death.
It is rather interesting as Kirika does it and I really didn't see it coming.
But yes... the way that some of the deaths are carried out is interesting to say the least.... very resourceful.
I do wish to see more as I haven't learned much (other than what I have read) About the 'true noir'

Chibi Jupiter
06-18-2003, 03:48 AM
i HAVE seen about 8 eps of this and i have more downloaded (but have yet to watch) and yeah it's pretty good. Not what i would call spectacular but still good nonetheless. It gets more interesting after like episode 6 (or it did for me). I would reccomend it too, but its not great.

The theme and ending songs are wonderful!!!! i think they're by Bee Train and i know the opening is called "Copellia's Coffin" but i don't know the ending. Anyway if you know the name PLEASE tell me .... arr!

Dark Warrior Of Death
06-28-2003, 05:14 PM
Oh! I LOVE Noir. The music that the little hand watch plays is so lovely!

MayoBabe
07-14-2003, 05:50 PM
I saw the first episode in a NewType disc bonus thing.

And I think it has potential, but the assasin plot is so over done.  The people-with-guns thing is used so often.  The I-go-around-and-kill-people thing does eventually get old.

It's cool, fun to watch, but interesting and thought-provoking, not so much that I can see.

tiv
04-25-2004, 01:44 AM
okay, well, i have nothing else to do at the moment, so i&#39;m posting in forums, go me :3 anyway, i&#39;d ~like~ to pick this up <_< buuut...no money to ^^;; anyway, it does look interesting to watch