PDA

View Full Version : Do You Beleive Spike Is Dead?

cowboydemon666
09-05-2004, 07:18 PM
Do you think that Spike Spiegel actually died in the last episode? I think he did. One reason is that he talked about that cat story and also the indian guy (i can't remember his name) said that every person has a star and when they die it fades out. In the end credits, they show a red star go out. Thats Spikes star. I'm happy that he got to rest now. I know this might sound a bit pathetic, but when he died, i alomst cried. My eyes were watering up. I will always miss you Spike!!!!!! :(

go to:

www.spikedies.com

it's sad :(

wait_andbleed
09-05-2004, 10:20 PM
Well, I watched it earlier, and, no...I didn&#39;t want to believe it. But I&#39;ve got to, &#39;cause that&#39;s what happens at the end of most series :<_<: ::grumble::

I don&#39;t want to sound like a &#39;female dog&#39; or anything, but maybe this post wasn&#39;t the best idea, seeing as not everyone has seen the episode. Basically, it&#39;s spoiler heaven ^^;x Some people may not appreciate it...just warning you...eh...heh...

Teny
09-06-2004, 01:23 PM
yeah but he doesn&#39;t have to be dead
the creator wants to continue the serie&#39;s
the star that faded was visous&#39;s
and spike is probably in a hospital with no meory or sumin.

nanakitoff
09-06-2004, 02:15 PM
Continue Bebop? Come on man, you know that would suck. He already fufilled his past, and Julia&#39;s dead, and Edward went home, and Vicious is dead, and the syndicate has fallen, and other stuff too. If they had another season of Bebop, what would the plot be? I know the movie had a cool plot without relating to the syndicate, but how could you make a whole series out of something like that? And about the star, I think they showed Spike&#39;s star fall and not Vicious&#39; because Spike was a "warrior" and Vicioius was just come crazy guy. (Vicious isnt good enough to have a star, is what im trying to say).
Man, after writing all this, if they continue Bebop im gonna feel really stupid.:(

Rio-Okie
09-06-2004, 04:28 PM
yes, he&#39;s dead,..and i have finally
acceptied it....o.o...cause i was suprised he died...<<;...

Karamas
09-12-2004, 08:57 PM
He is dead.

This one of the fact that makes Cowboy Beebop unique, It&#39;s not like dragon ball z that just goes on and on and on.....................With people dieing repeatedly then coming back to life"Goku"cough..cough

That is why it is one of the best anime ever&#33; B)

Gjallarhorn
09-12-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Karamas@Sep 12 2004, 08:57 PM
He is dead.

This one of the fact that makes Cowboy Beebop unique, It&#39;s not like dragon ball z that just goes on and on and on.....................With people dieing repeatedly then coming back to life"Goku"cough..cough

That is why it is one of the best anime ever&#33; B)
actually, main characters dying, or suffering some huge tragedy is fairly common in anime, like in the final episode of Kino&#39;s Journey, (if u have not read the ravemaster manga, or seen the majority of the series, i would suggest not readingthe spoiler<center><table size=50% border=1 bgcolor=black cellpadding=3 cellspacing=3><tr><td><font color=white size=1>Spoiler:</font><font size=1>(select below, to read)</font></td></tr><tr><td><font color=black>or the death of Haru&#39;s father in RaveMaster, and the posibility of Haru and Elie never getting together because she is the reincarnation of Resha Valentine</font></td></tr></table></center>

Karamas
09-13-2004, 03:46 PM
The main character dying I havent seen that to much, or at least permantley dying.

Yes I do know that the suffering and stuff is in almost all anime, that is what the story is normaly based on.

Dysis
09-15-2004, 09:49 PM
I think no

Manhattan_Project_2000
09-16-2004, 12:08 AM
Man I can’t believe anyone thinks he lives after seeing that.

The Mood, the Imagery, the Music, the Star AND the Quote all indicate in no uncertain terms "Spike is Dead." Likewise the creators have confirmed that Spike is dead.

Seriously, the story would be such a let down if he didn&#39;t die.

I know that they have at one time thought about doing a Spike/Yakuza Prequel story, but I doubt they ever will.

Freddys dead
09-16-2004, 04:57 PM
No oe only got shot 15 times he can walk that off hes dead&#33;

Yami Yugi03
09-16-2004, 09:39 PM
I Think he is still alive

retro
09-17-2004, 12:48 PM
take that sig off ... for fck sake

How can he be alive&#33; .. he was shot, massive blood loss ... never mind *sigh

Freddys dead
09-17-2004, 10:58 PM
Thank you retro i agree whole hearteldy.

Karamas
09-18-2004, 04:45 PM
dude i only have a modem please remove the sig this is the slowest I have ever loaded here

cowboydemon666
09-19-2004, 06:38 PM
I think it&#39;s great that the writers had the guts to actually kill off the main character. You don&#39;t see that in most modern day TV shows. Most of them all live hapily ever after, and i&#39;m not saying thats a bad thing, it&#39;s just that that doesn&#39;t always happen in real life. And I know this is off topic and I&#39;m sorry but, i wonder what happened to Ed?

ZeroX
09-20-2004, 07:20 PM
ok srry but never watch cowbody bebop so sprike dises lol good that guy was getting on my nerves

wing 7
09-21-2004, 09:42 PM
wait that mught been viscous star plus bebop could continue just star off where they ley left it spike comes back. and he can start bounty hunting again solo with like a alis all new adventures for spike. it might be better pluzs if spike died the creator could just use the spike t didny die theory it could work.

ps. everyone spikes been thrown out a church plus they could go back in time and show us spikes whole past hey yah see all spikes story up to the beggining of bebop.

Sega saturn x
09-23-2004, 07:10 PM
He is dead dead as a door knob if they brought him back that would just be gay.

Inuyashayoukai2
09-24-2004, 07:41 PM
no that wouldnt be gay you would be gay dont diss spike

wait_andbleed
09-24-2004, 08:27 PM
I don&#39;t want to sound mean or anything...but...
Deal with it, people.
He&#39;s dead.
What would they do with the series if he was still alive? As someone had stated before, all the &#39;clues&#39; point to one thing. He&#39;s dead. It&#39;s tragic, yes, and I had a slightly hard time getting it through my head. I like the series, so don&#39;t get me wrong; I&#39;m a fan.
It&#39;s just getting kind of annoying that a bunch of people keep building their hopes up..just to have them come crashing back down again when they realize it&#39;s not going to happen.

I hope that was clear enough for all of you.

wing 7
09-25-2004, 01:06 AM
ill tell you the truth bebop wasnt that good people are always talkin how great it is it isnt that good. i liked it but i wasnt that impressed. i think bebop was big cuz of spike. besides i no spikes dead but they could go backin time and show his past yikes.

cowboydemon666
09-25-2004, 01:03 PM
I agree with wait_andbleed. You people who are all convincing yourselves that Spike is still alive need to come to your senses and deal with that fact that he is DEAD&#33; i was really sad when i found out he died too, but if they continued the show, it would be a waste of time. It could never be better than the original. It would just be like all the other series that goes on and on and on. Thats why Cowboy Bebop is one of my favorite shows.

Karamas
09-26-2004, 04:49 PM
if u have never seen cowboy Beebop y r u posting here???
just wandering(no offense)

spike is dead.

it would be dumb to bring it back unless it talked bout his life before the episodes

crystal_rose
10-08-2004, 05:28 PM
yeah *grumblemutter* spike's dead. you can't say he's alive either, because that would kind of spoil everything that episode had been leading up to. ed's going, julia and vicious's death....
i was kinda surprised that they'd end cb with spike's death. i was waiting for a couple more scenes, you know, showing how the rest of the crew were getting along without him or something.
spike had a good life and died after finishing vicious off. it was a good way to end cowboy bebop. it was sad and all, but the effect was good.

all this was what i had to say to console myself after i saw the last episode. spike was my favourite character...

Demoness
10-09-2004, 08:48 AM
[B] I think he's alive too. No one ever has the guts to kill the main character. Plus it would just suck if he were dead. Spike was the best character.

Ami~chan
10-09-2004, 10:11 AM
I'm sad that he's dead, but he's got as much life in him as a fencepost does right now. Oh well.. All wonderful and super-cool things much come to an end.

Innotech
10-23-2004, 08:56 PM
actually, main characters dying, or suffering some huge tragedy is fairly common in anime, like in the final episode of Kino's Journey,

Absolutely. Kinos journey has an awesome but tragic ending.

amuro1
10-26-2004, 05:34 PM
nah, he's too cool to die...he's probably out there drinking or lighting up a cigarette, and being his usual self

Hideeho135
10-26-2004, 08:41 PM
i dont know if spikes dead, but i hope not! hes too damn cute!

Jo-chan
11-07-2004, 09:04 AM
I think spike is alive. I'm not trying to deny the fact that there was "massive blood", but I watched the movie. I've talked to a lot of people who watched it too and they said it came after the series (some people said it came before the series......stupid idiots). I'm not so sure if that's true, but I think it's pretty believable.........I guess...

Innotech
11-07-2004, 05:41 PM
Ive heard from plenty of sources that the movie is set right before Brain Scratch.
Spike is dead. Period.

Kisho
11-07-2004, 05:55 PM
If he is dead it's a good thing i mean it makes it dramatic and all. Thats always good to do. He will be missed tho =P

Ollie
11-07-2004, 06:47 PM
That depends. Did we watch life fade from his eyes or did we just see him bleeding, then the episode ends?

<- never got to see the last episode ;_;

paul
11-14-2004, 11:00 PM
spike is to cooll of a fighter i dont think he is dead

wing 7
11-21-2004, 01:12 AM
yes spikes death was great in the abnimes i come up with my characters usally do why not it makes sense like more reality. cuz in real life youd probbaly dfie

Daenerys
11-21-2004, 08:17 PM
THANKS FOR RUINING THE ANIME FOR ME.

I didn't know Spike died.

THANKS A LOT JERK.

Sadako Sumeragi
11-21-2004, 11:31 PM
If you're all so upset over Spike's death, go read some fanfics where he doesn't die...or he is *magically* brought back to life. I've read some pretty lame ones with that kind of plot...><;

SelfStudyBuddy
11-25-2004, 01:59 PM
I beilive he is DEAD. but one of my friends keeps insisting that the movie came after the final episode.

Although I beilieve hes dead that doesnt mean there is not more you could do with series such as JET's past. they talk about a little but come on there's more there. and how bout vicious's past... HE's one of my favorite anime charecters of all time... COME ON... I wanna know more.

But all in all spike died. both eyes focused on the present and he died.

souless cowboy
12-02-2004, 04:13 PM
Well he had several injuries but i mean he Spike has survived through so many incidents, making it out every time. So yeah i think he is, but they have run out of storyline to continue on

Terra
12-06-2004, 11:14 PM
i think spike is dead... so sad... i know... but i still think he's dead... unless some1 raise him from the dead... zombie spike...okay.... forget wat i said

neosetsuna2004
12-09-2004, 02:36 PM
Spike is dead...Sometimes people cry when an anime character dies...(I did myself)

EIENNI
12-09-2004, 05:44 PM
ya he is dead.

Ami~chan
12-10-2004, 02:12 PM
The movie was inbetween episode 24&25 I believe, so it was before he died. He was super cool, and super hot, but I believed he died. The series ended at its best; if they made other seasons, it would have kinda ruined it. Sometimes the best endings are the ones that are very sad.

Orca
12-11-2004, 01:05 PM
i dont no he did take that horrible blow + his last word was [QUOTE] Bang and it was over wen he fell on some steps hmm i jus dont no but he probrely is alive theyy might hav rushed him to a hospital and he didnt seem to look like he realy died

Innotech
12-11-2004, 09:51 PM
THANKS FOR RUINING THE ANIME FOR ME.

I didn't know Spike died.

THANKS A LOT JERK.
Actually, I personally saw htis ending coming miles away. SPike is hte kind of character where once you learned his motives and reasons for living, it only makes sense htat this would be his end. It really didnt ruin anything for me knowing this, because the rest of the show is so good. A lot of animes really DONT have good endings, but I tend to enjoy hte hell out of them for the story itself, regardless of how they choose to end it. I just see endings as a necessary conclusion that must be made, rarely ever being significant in itself. The emotional and engaging ride to get to that end is what makes anime worthwhile for me.

yukina18
12-12-2004, 02:43 PM
i didn't know he was dead i must have missed it

Noxman
12-21-2004, 04:08 AM
Nah its a lie

SesshoumaruOtaku
12-21-2004, 04:14 AM
It's really up to the artist and/or studio to decide that. They could go either way at any time. Sequels can be made years after the original. I personally would like to believe Spike is still alive simply because it would suck if he really did die.

Lady Dragon
12-21-2004, 10:18 AM
It's really up to the artist and/or studio to decide that. They could go either way at any time. Sequels can be made years after the original. I personally would like to believe Spike is still alive simply because it would suck if he really did die.
this is true. maybe they made it look like he died but he was faking it. that would be a good twist at the end.

Oronic
12-23-2004, 01:14 PM
NO he is not dead, just because he got shot and fell dosnet me he is dead

Midnight Kitana
12-23-2004, 01:38 PM
Yes, I believe Spike is actually dead. Yeah, it does suck that one of the coolest characters in anime had to die, but if Spike didn't die and just magically lived or came back to life somehow it would ruin the effect of the show. Bottomline, Spike is dead. Death is death and there's no coming back from it.

Axle
01-12-2005, 02:51 PM
No, I refuse to belive that he's dead... he cant be, because I want there to be more to the series then that

Zake
01-12-2005, 04:04 PM
He better not be dead >.>

Hakkai's ANgel
01-12-2005, 06:05 PM
Yes yes I do. But that is one of the greastest mysteries in anime. The thing is I think Spike wanted to die and so did Vicious, but only by each other's hands. Two best friends turned enemies... What a great ending, I cried my eyes out XD

飛竜
01-13-2005, 04:56 AM
Mine answer is no, that is way too impossible Spike will die so easily cause he was got shot from the enemy.

z boy603
01-19-2005, 07:48 PM
People, people, Spike is DEAD! Truly and utterly DEAD! Now put on your big girl panties and deal with it. But a couple more episodes with Spike's past wouldn't hurt...

enjio
01-25-2005, 04:35 PM
no he did not die especaily if they plan to make another series

AngelWolf
01-25-2005, 05:40 PM
my friends say he fainted from loss of blood but i hate to admit it but i beblieve he is dead

sliver
01-26-2005, 09:54 AM
dead without a doubt.

kira yamato89
01-26-2005, 10:00 AM
I dont believe that spike is dead, i mean in television the good guys always live

Hotsuma
01-26-2005, 10:07 AM
They need to just make another show thats like cowboybebop and have a character that has the personality of spike and boom, bam there ya go.

kira yamato89
01-26-2005, 10:18 AM
good point

Hotsuma
01-26-2005, 10:53 AM
Its funny yall acting like Spike is a real person who died in real life lol

Sword
01-30-2005, 12:22 PM
I only seen the first six episodes, but how can spike be dead if he is in the movie?

AngelWolf
01-30-2005, 01:11 PM
some ppl say it was before the last ep some say afta

nichi
01-31-2005, 12:09 AM
he is freaking dead...

Devilstears
03-27-2005, 10:09 AM
I think he died. You dont see very often that the antagonist dies. and at the end i didnt want to accept it... i was very shocked. but the ending was good... and not satisfying

Fantasy fighter
03-27-2005, 10:20 AM
agree with everything junior just said

The Wing Man
04-03-2005, 04:20 AM
Well i would of liked to of seen what happened with fay and jet or edward and if spiked really died. There was stuff i wanted to see now spike might not be dead ive read many magazines. And been to many sites where the creator sais he really hasnt claimed spike dead.Or that he is alive he just sais its a mystery that he enjoys leaving it that way. And so theres no real awnser if he is dead or not its a 50/50 situation so none of us are right. Cuz really spike was just there we dont no dead or alive and it ended that way.

animeadmirer
04-03-2005, 07:51 AM
Rarely does a popular anime main character remain dead for long. :laugh:

Rageling
04-03-2005, 08:34 AM
Rarely does a popular anime main character remain dead for long. :laugh:Except at the end of a series. His true love was killed, the shaman indian dude said he was gonna die, he had just done everything he was needed for, and it was the final episode, Spike's dead live with it. Despite all this logic I still cried for him.

no he did not die especaily if they plan to make another seriesI saw an interview with the creator there is no other series, ever.

I only seen the first six episodes, but how can spike be dead if he is in the movie?Anime movies hardly ever go in cronological order with the series if you will notice Ed and Ein are in the movie even though they left before the end of the series.
And people Spike didn't just get shot. He got shot (multiple times), sliced (multiple times), and felt the impact of multiple explosions, noone can live through that.

I dont believe that spike is dead, i mean in television the good guys always liveNo they don't, heroic sacrifice and dramatic death scenes have become very popular.

Sorry to bash so many people hope none of you are mad.

Ollie
04-03-2005, 05:07 PM
THANK YOU.

I was wondering when someone had the logic and proof to argue these. I would have, but I did not want to start a flame war.

satanson
04-03-2005, 06:01 PM
no i beleive he is still alive i mean come on he is spike

Gizoku
04-03-2005, 06:04 PM
i dont know what happened....but i like that show and if hes dead, hes dead ya gotta live with the facts

MistaCloudStrife
04-03-2005, 09:42 PM
I think that title would be considered a huge spoiler... o.O

And yeah.... he's head dude... He'd gotta be... If Spike is alive then so is the pope...

(No offense to the pope o.O Jus trying to make a point.... )

animeadmirer
04-04-2005, 11:45 PM
Spike has experienced enough danger to kill off a couple of planets worth of people. Whether he remains dead or comes back alive and well I wouldn't be suprised.

Rageling
04-05-2005, 05:17 PM
Spike can't kill off a planet he couldn't even beat Mad Pireot without using his insane fear of cats and Spike isn't magic he can't come back to life

MistaCloudStrife
04-05-2005, 05:36 PM
A planet? What do you mean? If you mean, that whole organization then....

...once he killed Vicious he became the leader... in a way... thats why everyone stopped when vicious was dead.... and they were all just staring at Spike.... So "IF" he's alive (And i doubt he is) then he'd be leader. Of course he'd prolly just run away again and have the organization scattered....

And about the mad pireot thing..... That guy was like a child, one that had just about an absolute defense and crazy psycho powers..... So the only way TO kill him was using his feline-phobia.... And plus it would have been boring if Spike just killed him at the beginning with no problem and the rest of the movie would just be them sitting in the bobop doing nothing..

Rageling
04-05-2005, 06:16 PM
Dude I was commenting on the above statement that he could wipe out a planets worth of people I'm just saying if he couldn't even beat one superpowered psychopath then how is he going to get rid of millions of people at once. a better example might have been how injured he got after about thirty regular sindacate members on his way to Vishouse. The main part of it is that Spike doesn't have magic powers that can make him into a reanimated zombie and therefore if he is dead then he is staying that way.

MistaCloudStrife
04-06-2005, 05:02 PM
Ahhh... asooo.... Well, I think anyone could destroy a planet.... Shoooot, even I can destroy this planet if i really wanted to... Didnt we have a thread about that??

Black Winged Angel
04-06-2005, 05:16 PM
This is a question that often crosses my mind but I think that Spike survives, at the end of the series you see one star go out and I belive that it was Viscious's.

Rageling
04-06-2005, 06:08 PM
Except that it when across when Spike hit the ground. Coincidence I think not.

Timothy
04-06-2005, 06:57 PM
I saw it a while back and no i dont think that he died but he could have died but i dont think that he is dead

Chaos Sushi
04-06-2005, 07:11 PM
yep he daead dead as my dead hamster in the back yard

Starwinds
04-06-2005, 10:55 PM
I guess it depends on how one wants to see it to please one's personal hunger for a dramatic ending. I never really thought he had died when I saw that scene. But everyone else around the forums say that he died and that it was very sad.

Sheesh.:(

animeadmirer
04-13-2005, 10:28 PM
A planet? What do you mean? If you mean, that whole organization then....

...once he killed Vicious he became the leader... in a way... thats why everyone stopped when vicious was dead.... and they were all just staring at Spike.... So "IF" he's alive (And i doubt he is) then he'd be leader. Of course he'd prolly just run away again and have the organization scattered....

And about the mad pireot thing..... That guy was like a child, one that had just about an absolute defense and crazy psycho powers..... So the only way TO kill him was using his feline-phobia.... And plus it would have been boring if Spike just killed him at the beginning with no problem and the rest of the movie would just be them sitting in the bobop doing nothing..
I meant he (as in Spike himself) went through enough dangerous situations that would have killed a hella lot of people but ones which Spike survived. Just the bullets he dodged alone might be worth a couple hundred people's lives.

raziel
04-22-2005, 06:29 PM
spike is dead but would cool if was alive

The Rebel
04-29-2005, 02:12 PM
I actually did shead one tear when I saw the end. But after looking at some the posts here, I think it could be continued. It could have been Vicious's star to fall, and Spike in a hospital. They never based every episode with the sindicate, so they could do it again, but with a different enemy. It seems to me that the last 3-4 episodes were the only ones to actually run together. The rest were self-contained.

Vash_2007
04-29-2005, 07:10 PM
I was surprised he died. but he did what he was meant to do therefore it should be done with no continuing bebop Cowboy bebop is a awsome anime it very well written and humurous at that. Anyone agree?

S_C_L-1
07-14-2005, 07:01 AM
Well, during the entire series, they say "it was not a good time to die" and i distinctly remember the narrator saying something bout that in the last episode (altho i dont really trust my memory ^^)... And I, personally, dont think that Bebop CAN have another season (unless its a prequel (damn you lucas!))... and it would become stale anyway... not to mention every 1 who would watch it (all of us die-hard fans) would already know about the end (the whoal Vicious thing)...

Rageling
07-14-2005, 08:24 AM
Whoa I thought this thread had died along time ago, wait Cowboy Bebop had a narator? And the reason it wasn't a good time to die was because of all the unfinished business they all had to take care of but at the end Spike had taken care of everything it was all finished so it was the perfect time for him to die.

S_C_L-1
07-14-2005, 08:37 AM
Uhhhh.... Well.... for 1 we cant really trust my memory (its let me down many times before) but ye seems to me theres a narrator (i think it was that mystic guy or something for that episode)... actually im not sure about any of this anymore (well i know hes dead lol) its been so long since i watched bebop... Can we have some confirmation?

S_C_L-1
07-14-2005, 08:39 AM
And no, the star that goes out is Spikes not Vicious's (otherwise it doesnt really make sens now does it?)

Kukuriyu
07-14-2005, 09:23 AM
Yes... he's dead.

mae2me
07-14-2005, 09:30 AM
well i think he did passed away, but its kinda sad how he just left jet and faye to 'repair' his past... but still great anime!:D

S_C_L-1
07-14-2005, 10:49 AM
*sigh* why do good animes always have sad endings?

Envy><
07-14-2005, 12:04 PM
yeah!! why does animes have to have sad endings?!! im with S_C_L-1..but because there is different kind of animes and some have happy endings and some have sad endings ....but anyways i think Spike is Dead but something tells me hes not 0.o

Sexy Monk Miroku
07-14-2005, 01:04 PM
y'know they're having this Bebop remix type thing thats coming out. i dont know if its about what happened in the past or if its what happens after him and vicious fight or what but its coming back. i read it in a magazine...

Ωmega
07-14-2005, 01:11 PM
ok,correct me if im wrong, but wasnt the bebop movie supposed to take place AFTER the series? now how can he be dead and in the movie? not to mention after the bomb on the train incedent (in the movie) spike said that he died once already.

pyrothunder336
07-14-2005, 01:14 PM
i think he's dead

S_C_L-1
07-15-2005, 01:40 AM
im not sure... but if the movie took place after the series, why is ed with them? and why would they not mention it as "not a good time to die" (talking real folk blues here) instead of the time in the past? it doesnt really make sens...

Shiryuu
07-15-2005, 01:56 AM
And about the star, I think they showed Spike's star fall and not Vicious' because Spike was a "warrior" and Vicioius was just come crazy guy. (Vicious isnt good enough to have a star, is what im trying to say).
Spike died much later than Vicious, so it makes sense that Vicious' "star" wasn't shown.

but if the movie took place after the series, why is ed with them?
The movie is supposed to take place around ep. 22\24, probably before 23. (Not sure of the exact time)

sakura gohan mathers
07-15-2005, 02:00 AM
WHO THE HELL CARES!!!!!!THE DUDE IS PROBABLY DEAD!!!!!!!

[azrah]
07-15-2005, 02:02 AM
i don't think spike died.... i mean... he can't!!!!! i really like spike you know. he's a cool dude. and when i took this quiz somewhere.... the result said that if i were an animé character, spike would be my partner.. hehehe.

JamesColan
07-15-2005, 03:43 AM
I think he died.

S_C_L-1
07-15-2005, 10:25 AM
sakura gohan mathers... 1, if you dont give a sh!t, then dont post. 2, if you absolutely want to post, dont post IN HUGE F'ING LETTERS! Have at least a lil decency!

The movie is supposed to take place around ep. 22\24, probably before 23. (Not sure of the exact time)
that would make alot more sens.

Chibi Misao
07-17-2005, 06:08 AM
I think he died along with Vicious.....but i dun want him to die!!!! T__T

MistaCloudStrife
07-17-2005, 06:15 AM
Yeah... I believe he's dead...

When I think back on it... I think its pretty funny... like the guys all around Spike are thinking like... "

Uhh... he's our new leader right? Oh great he's dead... Now we have no leader."

XD

devil trigger
07-17-2005, 06:19 AM
he's alive maybe, no1 found him yet

Asima
07-28-2005, 05:30 AM
I think he's dead. >>;

Dark Galaxia Kitten
07-28-2005, 05:40 AM
Of course he isn't. >/ He never dies!

Prince Seven
07-28-2005, 08:04 AM
i think he is very dead >.>

Cowboy Bebop
07-29-2005, 12:02 AM
Yea spike is dead i know he is but i wish we was alive

Bunny Tsuki
07-29-2005, 12:45 AM
I would have to agree that he is dead. The whole series is about finding peace. He found his peace when he killed the man who had his love killed.

Besides, in the end wouldn't you think that anyone would have gone to get him if he were alive?? They both knew where he was going so they could have tired to help him after all that went down.

Sorry, he died. He found his peace.

Link-Kun
07-29-2005, 01:15 AM
I think he's dead.

sanokidsasuke
07-29-2005, 11:07 AM
Wasn't there another season on Adult Swim a while back where he was not dead or something? My friend was telling me about that, but I don't know it seemed like he might have died but his wounds weren't really something that he could not have had repaired then again he probably lost a lot of blood.......I don't know I think he may be dead.

animeglobe
07-29-2005, 11:07 AM
i think he's dead

Zero_Jr
08-06-2005, 08:28 AM
i dont know spike is dead. it is true?? aww man..

Saiyanbabe1818
08-06-2005, 10:15 PM
i think they did but i wish they didnt!

I_Love_Miroku
08-06-2005, 10:34 PM
yes, that was a sad episode :(

chaoscntrl77
08-06-2005, 11:12 PM
Yeah I think he did. He's gone through so much crap the entire series lol.

Uchiha Ulquiorra
08-06-2005, 11:21 PM
Spike dies. That's what makes the anime so good

chaoscntrl77
08-06-2005, 11:21 PM
Spike dies. That's what makes the anime so good
I totally agree with you there!

lionheartghost
08-06-2005, 11:48 PM
He's dead. Wouldn't be as cool if he was alive.

S_C_L-1
08-07-2005, 04:31 AM
He's dead. Wouldn't be as cool if he was alive.it wouldve been completely meaningless if he didnt die... it was a good day to die...

mimichan1000
08-07-2005, 05:44 PM
i belive so. finally he can be at peace. he'll finally know if it was all a dream.

Akizu
08-07-2005, 07:15 PM
Spike's dead o_o? WHEN?!

Hanzo
08-07-2005, 10:15 PM
Spike did die in the last episode did he? Well anyway I think Spike is dead after all those pain.

Starwinds
08-08-2005, 12:26 AM
:D Lol. When I saw that ending for the first time I thought Spike just collapsed from the exhaustion from the battle or just simply passed out. So I believed he was alive until I ran into other people that have seen it and told me they thought he was dead.

So I guess he's dead. But if the producers and directors wanted to bring 'em back for more stories it certainly wouldn't be hard for them to just say "Spike? Dead? Naaahhh. At the end of the story Spike was just knocked cold for a while".

Although I heard the writer/directors say that they had no plans for continuing the old series or creating a new one.

super trunks
08-08-2005, 09:32 PM
who is spike????????????:<_<:

Ollie
08-08-2005, 10:06 PM
who is spike????????????:<_<:One of the main characters of Cowboy Bebop. Green-haired afro fella. =]

S_C_L-1
08-09-2005, 12:11 AM
:D Lol. When I saw that ending for the first time I thought Spike just collapsed from the exhaustion from the battle or just simply passed out. So I believed he was alive until I ran into other people that have seen it and told me they thought he was dead.

So I guess he's dead. But if the producers and directors wanted to bring 'em back for more stories it certainly wouldn't be hard for them to just say "Spike? Dead? Naaahhh. At the end of the story Spike was just knocked cold for a while".

Although I heard the writer/directors say that they had no plans for continuing the old series or creating a new one.
nope, theyd rather make other cool shows like samurai champloo and get an even bigger fan base (cue evil laughter)

okimnotcalm
08-07-2006, 03:08 AM
I really shouldn't be lauhging, though. I liked Spike. He was hawt. But, umm, I just love HOW he dies. I mean, just think about it! He's walking down some stairs, and he's bleeding a lot. So, anyways, he gets about halfway down and we see some of Vicious's henchmen. Spike then proceeds to point his finger at them and say, in all the awesomeness that he is, "Bang." I laughed. I laughed hard. But, then I realized that he was dead and I cried, because I grew very attached to Spike. But then again, I could just go find that one cowboy dude that looked like Spike (or is he dead, too.....?). But, to answer your question, yes, in the series he is dead, bu tin my mind, he will live on forever. And here ends my very dramatic speech. If you made it this far, you truly deserve a cookie.

Pilky
12-10-2006, 08:19 PM
Registered just to post this..

"Spike is generally thought to have died of wounds sustained in his final duel with Vicious, and the fading star in the ending theme of the finale is thought to prove it. However, in an interview, Watanabe stated "I've never officially said that he's died. At this point, I can tell you that I'm not sure if he's alive or dead." [4]. He also stated that he believes fans would be upset if there was a continuation. The later Cowboy Bebop movie Knockin' on Heaven's Door was set before the end of the series."

refference from :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spike_Spiegel

Dont say the Pilky isnt good to ye

Pilky
12-10-2006, 08:45 PM
Theres a variety of continuations that could have occured.

1. Vicious killed the elders and so gained the red dragon syndicate. In that sense, spike would then too gain the syndicate.

2. The same cryofreezing thing could be used on spike to nurse him back to health, in addiotion he would have the memory loss, and so could be re-introduced as Spikes journey, meeting fey etc across the line.

jewel2sparkle
12-10-2006, 09:24 PM
I don't really think it matters whether he died or not, because I'm almost positive that there won't be a sequel and I pray there won't be a sequel. So I don't really think it matters.

Glitnir_Gebo
12-11-2006, 12:58 AM
The Mood, the Imagery, the Music, the Star AND the Quote all indicate in no uncertain terms "Spike is Dead." Likewise the creators have confirmed that Spike is dead.

Which would make it all the more surprizing if he was still alive!

I think it's possible, but unlikely.

migueluffy
12-11-2006, 06:12 AM
hey man put a spoiler warning...

Sputnik
12-12-2006, 03:39 PM
Yeah he is defiently dead....and it's a good thing that they ended such a great seires with dignity.

小美ドクロchan
12-12-2006, 07:38 PM
Definitely. He was bleeding so much and it felt so final. And like the others said, it was so dignified. It gives so much meaning to the last episode somehow. Besides now he finally gets to be with his love, Julia, in peace. Like if you believe in that sorta thing. Which I do.^_^

And no, it's okay to cry if your favorite character dies. The Japanese have this magical way of making their characters feel like they were real people and I've shed many a tear myself. It's not that different from crying at movies. Personally I think creating a character so well that you'd cry for them is a true talent. So if you're sad by all means, cry it out. It's natural. If you still don't feel better, it's easier if you get a little figure or poster of the character. So you can say "He's not dead! He's on my shelf." ^_^ <---this might sound silly but it helps a lot. And there's also doujinshi and fanfiction too.

oscar_encinas_pattzy
12-21-2006, 05:23 PM
Definitely. He was bleeding so much and it felt so final. And like the others said, it was so dignified. It gives so much meaning to the last episode somehow. Besides now he finally gets to be with his love, Julia, in peace. Like if you believe in that sorta thing. Which I do.^_^

And no, it's okay to cry if your favorite character dies. The Japanese have this magical way of making their characters feel like they were real people and I've shed many a tear myself. It's not that different from crying at movies. Personally I think creating a character so well that you'd cry for them is a true talent. So if you're sad by all means, cry it out. It's natural. If you still don't feel better, it's easier if you get a little figure or poster of the character. So you can say "He's not dead! He's on my shelf." ^_^ <---this might sound silly but it helps a lot. And there's also doujinshi and fanfiction too.

That's very true!!! And I think just like you, that was beautiful, really. But I have a different point from you... And there it goes!!! For everyone who thinks Spike is dead!!!

*SPOILERS

Spike is alive, obviously...

- THE RED STAR THAT WAS GONE... It was Vicious', he is dead.

- THE MESSAGE AT THE VERY END OF SESSION 26, read it and interprete it well, you got to see it... What weight? The weight that we would carry for Spike's death... Or the weight he would carry about all he has done at this far... And all the persons that died on him.

- WATCH THE PRISON SCENE WHEN SPIKE TALKS ABOUT "THAT WOMAN", Did he really mean that she went just away? Let's interprete it a little less literaly! He did mean, she was dead.

- ED AND EIN? How were they supossed to live in their own, they got to get back...

- THE BIG SHOT? They had to come back, because Bounty Hunters needed them! After Vicious' fall...

- THE BEBOP, looks older in the movie.

- THE MOVIE'S ENVIRONMENT, a little more tired of Ed, a more practiced Jeet Kune Do, a little more cash... Hey! They were eating NOODLES! That means some more bounties hunted!

If that's not enough... What is it? If you want to resign and say "Spike is dead, that's all there is to it" Ok, but if you think about everything I told and find the logic... It's ok too.

I have all the session DVD's and the movie one too, so, there is nothing where I could go wrong... And if there is, please tell me over here or better, write me to the e-mail: oscar_encinas_pattzy@hotmail.com

Don't be sad fellows, I'm sure that Spike is out there and stills being the way he was... ^.^

And for those who say "Spike is an anime character, etc, etc, etc" Ok, he is, but his story is so freaking great that if you didn't feel cautivated about it, you didn't understand it.

... And this is how it happens for me...

Spike gets up in a hospital as he does after a big encounter... As a mummy. Then he goes out with his coat in the shoulder, taking out a cigarrete and looking for a lighter he lost. He then gets in the Bebop, Faye looks at him with a towell in her hair. They stare at the other a few seconds and then Faye jumps to hug him, as she never thought she would. Then Jet appears and complains like always but after that welcomes Spike too. Spike sits down in the sofa, throwing his long legs out and turns on the TV, there is the BIG SHOT! Spike asks Jet then (who is cooking something) "Weren't they cancelled?" and Jet answers "I thought so..." And then Spike feels someone is behind him and looks, there is no one there, when he is returning his eyes to the TV sees a face in front of him... Yeah, it's Ed... "Hi there!" she says and Spike answers back the same frase. And looks around, Ein is there, eating from his dish... "What an envy..." Thinks spike.

The days come and gone... A few bounties were hunted and there is a little more money in the Bebop, they buy noodles, noodles and noodles, the crew get a little tired of them. And then happens what happens in the movie... And then happens what happens in the PS2 game, that hopefully will be out TRANSLATED at February (2007)...

Why the PS2 game after the movie? Because in this game we can see the guy from the first scenes before the intro to the Cowboy Bebop movie, in the supermarket robbery (the one who is chating with the working girl holding a gun) and he is little older too.

Some question?

Best regards,
Oscar Encinas

zerog
12-21-2006, 05:32 PM
wait I thought there was two spikes? like a copy or something?

Manhattan_Project_2000
12-21-2006, 08:39 PM
- THE RED STAR THAT WAS GONE... It was Vicious', he is dead.Except that it was a plot point that Spike had that star. Assuming that is was Vicious' star is just wishful thinking.

- THE MESSAGE AT THE VERY END OF SESSION 26, read it and interprete it well, you got to see it... What weight? The weight that we would carry for Spike's death... Or the weight he would carry about all he has done at this far... And all the persons that died on him.
It implied that Spike was going to carry his guilt into the afterlife.

- WATCH THE PRISON SCENE WHEN SPIKE TALKS ABOUT "THAT WOMAN", Did he really mean that she went just away? Let's interprete it a little less literaly! He did mean, she was dead.
What does this have to do with him dieing or not?

- ED AND EIN? How were they supossed to live in their own, they got to get back...
Irrelevant.

- THE BIG SHOT? They had to come back, because Bounty Hunters needed them! After Vicious' fall...

- THE BEBOP, looks older in the movie.

- THE MOVIE'S ENVIRONMENT, a little more tired of Ed, a more practiced Jeet Kune Do, a little more cash... Hey! They were eating NOODLES! That means some more bounties hunted!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Movie:Cowboy_Bebop#Trivia
The movie takes place between the 22nd and 23rd episodes. Not after the 26th.

oscar_encinas_pattzy
12-22-2006, 01:35 PM
Everytime I post my counters THE MESSAGE IS DELETED... I hope this time not.

Quote:
What does this have to do with him dieing *DYING* or not?

- IF "THAT WOMAN IS DEAD" JULIA, duh... Then the movie is after the series, if she is alive, then the movie is between some episodes of the series... And remember... It most just has been Spike's dream after all... That's why he remembered some persons... If they weren't there.

Quote:

It implied that Spike was going to carry his guilt into the afterlife.

- IS THERE SOMETHING AFTER THIS LIFE? Have you been dead? What answer is more logical... Yours, or mine?

And that one when you say "Irrevelant" pfffff... What a counter...

Best regards and wishes in this holidays,
Oscar Encinas Pattzy
Cochabamba / Bolivia

oscar_encinas_pattzy
12-22-2006, 01:35 PM
Damn I think I posted twice... Again...

wolfgirl90
12-23-2006, 03:47 AM
Despite the overall shock that I experienced when I saw Spike get shot and then fall to the ground (and it doesn't help that Adult Swim keeps showing it over and over), I do think that he died. The story that Spike told about the cat is pretty much a clue for me (something like this already happened to him but once he got involved with Julia again, he didn't (or won't) come back) and the shaman mentioning someone's guardian star really makes me think that Spike is dead (at the very of the credits of the last episode, it does show a star fading away).

manslayer101
12-23-2006, 09:22 PM
of course he's dead, he lived his life, and it was a great one, he went out in one of the best ways, his death was worthy of his character

Otaking
12-24-2006, 01:32 AM
Despite the overall shock that I experienced when I saw Spike get shot and then fall to the ground (and it doesn't help that Adult Swim keeps showing it over and over), I do think that he died. The story that Spike told about the cat is pretty much a clue for me (something like this already happened to him but once he got involved with Julia again, he didn't (or won't) come back) and the shaman mentioning someone's guardian star really makes me think that Spike is dead (at the very of the credits of the last episode, it does show a star fading away).

Exactly. There exists overwhelming evidence to support this.

Spike wants to end the dream he lives.
Spike refers to himself as having died 3 years ago. (Syndicate)
The cat story and Spike's humor cover up his actual 'cool' nature.
Faye fires shots to mourn his loss before he takes off (see military funerals)
Spike says this will be the one he may never come back from.
Spike's attitude changes as his past catches up.
The wiseman predicted his death.
The star the wiseman predicted fell.
Spike's wounds were clearly fatal even before approaching Vicious.
Spike and Vicious fulfilled their promise and defeated each other.
Spike is set free in death.
The closing song is surprisingly joyous to his death and signifies he is happy.
The message about carrying that weight.

oscar_encinas_pattzy face the facts: he's dead.
For the chronlogical timeline the movie took place before the Bebop disbanded. It took place between episodes 22 and 23. 23 is the end of Big Shot and 22 the crew is still together. Also the old men are still alive.

If you mean the PS1 game it had no real storyline then collecting bountyheads.
PS2 game: Still in 2071, but it has 50 bounty heads to do and is more about action again then actual syndicate problems. So no luck for you on this either.

Edit: Added note!

"I've never officially said that he's died. At this point, I can tell you that I'm not sure if he's alive or dead. I think probably rather than being yelled at for killing Spike, I think ... people are more upset that I might make a continuation." Watannabe on Spike's end.

Offically he's not dead, but artistically implied he is.

oscar_encinas_pattzy
12-24-2006, 11:00 AM
Exactly. There exists overwhelming evidence to support this.

Spike wants to end the dream he lives.
Spike refers to himself as having died 3 years ago. (Syndicate)
The cat story and Spike's humor cover up his actual 'cool' nature.
Faye fires shots to mourn his loss before he takes off (see military funerals)
Spike says this will be the one he may never come back from.
Spike's attitude changes as his past catches up.
The wiseman predicted his death.
The star the wiseman predicted fell.
Spike's wounds were clearly fatal even before approaching Vicious.
Spike and Vicious fulfilled their promise and defeated each other.
Spike is set free in death.
The closing song is surprisingly joyous to his death and signifies he is happy.
The message about carrying that weight.

oscar_encinas_pattzy face the facts: he's dead.
For the chronlogical timeline the movie took place before the Bebop disbanded. It took place between episodes 22 and 23. 23 is the end of Big Shot and 22 the crew is still together. Also the old men are still alive.

If you mean the PS1 game it had no real storyline then collecting bountyheads.
PS2 game: Still in 2071, but it has 50 bounty heads to do and is more about action again then actual syndicate problems. So no luck for you on this either.

Edit: Added note!

"I've never officially said that he's died. At this point, I can tell you that I'm not sure if he's alive or dead. I think probably rather than being yelled at for killing Spike, I think ... people are more upset that I might make a continuation." Watannabe on Spike's end.

Offically he's not dead, but artistically implied he is.

He's alive, living in my house :-P, wanna see a picture?

Otaking
12-24-2006, 11:58 AM
Cosplay is not accepted proof in this case.

You see about 40 spikes from any convention... Its amazing how many dead anime/manga characters are cosplay choices.

oscar_encinas_pattzy
12-24-2006, 04:31 PM
Cosplay is not accepted proof in this case.

You see about 40 spikes from any convention... Its amazing how many dead anime/manga characters are cosplay choices.

Cosplay is for sissy girls, and I don't think I am... I could beat the hell out of you...

No ofense!

Otaking
12-24-2006, 05:29 PM
Cosplay is for sissy girls, and I don't think I am... I could beat the hell out of you...

No ofense!

My best role is that of villians in anime, such as
Kabuto Yakushi!

My body is well suited to playing villians and I just happen to be naturally 'cool' at doing it. Seriously I often get looked at strangely for being 'evil' with my weird style of clothing. I'm often referred to as a Bishie though. No offense to you, but the best cosplayers are men with attitudes and the bodies to do it right.

I went with a friend to Anime Boston who was a perfect Ed and my other friend going as some 'Boxers dude' or whatever from Yatsuba. Seriously, we can play our parts REALLY well. Also I sound a lot like Kabuto.

zerog
12-24-2006, 06:56 PM
I mean if you can cosplay at least act the part... and look like it I hate seeing fat people dressed as sailor scouts Major F***ING Turn Off...

Otaking
12-24-2006, 07:55 PM
I mean if you can cosplay at least act the part... and look like it I hate seeing fat people dressed as sailor scouts Major F***ING Turn Off...

How about transexual gender-bending fat bald guys who weight over 400 pounds dressing up as Rei or Shinobu? Equally it goes bad for the guys who play Ed....but Shinobu...made me wanna puke.

http://trentsan.free.fr/images/manga/cosplay-sailor.jpg
http://static.flickr.com/35/110059892_7e4a52156d.jpg

Ollie
12-25-2006, 11:44 AM
Closed for going off topic and cursing.