PDA

View Full Version : Popotan

Seyia
07-20-2004, 07:16 PM
oaky i did this yesterday i think yey well here

Xian Pu
07-20-2004, 07:49 PM
Eh, the BG is a bit plain and the character needs some major extraction work. How about trying a smart blur on the BG to better blend it?

WeyrDragon
07-20-2004, 08:25 PM
yep, extraction needs to be fixed, like the bg myself, but to emtpy

Seyia
07-20-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Xian Pu@Jul 20 2004, 07:49 PM
Eh, the BG is a bit plain and the character needs some major extraction work. How about trying a smart blur on the BG to better blend it?
i don't have a smart blur i'm using paint shop pro. this is the blurs i have gaussion blur, average blur, blur, blur more, and motion blur do you want me to use each one

_hades the wicked
07-20-2004, 09:28 PM
OK, I'll tell you... scrap it ALL!
The extraction is badly done: needs MUCH work to it (put your pic on a black background and you'll see what I mean). The background is just a color spectre... No feeling was applied to it... No sense of colors either... You have to feel what you're doing... Design isn't some "five-minutes-and-it's-ready" thing... Takes time... Takes brains... Takes feelings... Your character's colors are dull... The positioning of the character is also something to be taken into consideration.
Well, putting in short, you stuck a badly extracted picture in the middle of a badly done background just because you were lazy (well, I call making a bad extraction simply laziness, because anyone can make a good extraction... I've been proven that when I saw my little brother, who's completely clueless about design, making an extraction because he wanted to learn PS too...).

escaflownemoon
07-21-2004, 01:47 PM
Extractions needs work. The bg needs to fit the character more...the colours are like the rainbow you got here just not right..maybe if you make an actual bg (scenery) maybe? then it should help out the character more. I think no need to have sun rays behind her..more like above her and not so much either..she's looking surprised..in awe.