PDA

View Full Version : Mistresspooky's Absence From Aw

MistressPookyChan
07-20-2004, 03:28 AM
As some of you may have already heard, I am moving to Japan later this week. Because of this, I will need to take some time away from AW to get everything situated and working. Here is my time frame:

July 23rd: leave for chicago
July 24th: leave for Japan
July 25th-28th: in Tokyo for orientation (may be able to hop on the internet)
July 28th: move into my house

I'm hoping that sometime shortly after july 28th I'll get some broadband or something hooked up in my house. If I'm not back right away, don't worry! I will return as quickly as I can. :)

While I'm away, I've asked Kaitou Ace and Princess Minako to keep an eye on things around here for me. Ya'll are fabulous and I trust you, so I know their job won't be too hard. If you need to talk to me for any reason, drop me an email.

Take care&#33; <3
Pooky/Candace

wizz-o-matic
07-20-2004, 04:37 AM
Have a nice journey.
And don&#39;t worry, I&#39;m also here XD I&#39;ll hunt every single spammer here :ph34r: phear me :ph34r: XD XD

Xian Pu
07-20-2004, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by The Wizzard@Jul 20 2004, 04:37 AM
Have a nice journey.
And don&#39;t worry, I&#39;m also here XD I&#39;ll hunt every single spammer here :ph34r: phear me :ph34r: XD XD
But but... you&#39;re so huggable&#33; No ph33r ing teh wizzie. :wub:

Sophonax
07-20-2004, 04:41 AM
Good bye, Pooky&#33; Take care&#33;

Wiz, I&#39;ll be here with you.. xDDD

nutcase
07-20-2004, 04:54 AM
see u at latest in aug .. lol ur goin to teach eng for how long again?

KenshinX
07-20-2004, 05:05 AM
aw man&#33; you&#39;re so lucky&#33;&#33;&#33; you&#39;re going to anime heaven&#33;

i envy you :^_^:

escaflownemoon
07-20-2004, 08:56 AM
ah man Pooky you&#39;re so lucky. Closer to anime :lol: closer to my fav. j-pop band..:lol: ok have fun there and Xian pu usually spots spammers first and wizzy can take them away ...ok anyways have a safe trip. :)

WeyrDragon
07-20-2004, 12:14 PM
i dont know you that well myself, but i know your living my dream :P hopefully i can move to japan in the future.

_hades the wicked
07-20-2004, 12:17 PM
Hey, don&#39;t forget to get me an autograph from all of Dir En Grey&#39;s members ;D

Have a nice and safe trip ya.

Seyia
07-20-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by DarK DeatH@Jul 20 2004, 12:17 PM
Hey, don&#39;t forget to get me an autograph from all of Dir En Grey&#39;s members ;D

Have a nice and safe trip ya.
i thought you weren&#39;t coming anymore?
by pooky-chan

lazypride
07-20-2004, 12:50 PM
me new in this member thingy dont noe any of u but have a safe trip in my wanna b home :D :^_^:

Obsidian Joy
07-20-2004, 01:05 PM
Youre so lucky&#33; you get to go to anime heaven :wub: so have a safe and fun trip, come back to AW as soon as you can :D.

AnimeBlessings
07-20-2004, 01:58 PM
Good luck on the trip&#33;And Im going to Japan on Thursday too&#33;To visit my cousin

MistressPookyChan
07-20-2004, 09:46 PM
I&#39;ll be in japan for atleast a year and maybe more. I&#39;m just taking things one step at a time. ;)

The reason I asked the admins to watch for things is because they are able to close and delete posts. Wasn&#39;t anything against the other AG mods that visit here&#33; I know ya&#39;ll take care of those nasty spammers. ;)

wizz-o-matic
07-21-2004, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by MistressPookyChan@Jul 21 2004, 04:46 AM
I&#39;ll be in japan for atleast a year and maybe more. I&#39;m just taking things one step at a time. ;)
A year, wow, do u have a scaner, if not, buy one, we want to see new and fresh scans from any kind of anime magazine XD :^_^:

Xian Pu
07-21-2004, 11:53 AM
*starts playing that damn catchy song*

Nu-na-na-na-na Hey hey hey gooodbye. ^_^

Have fun Pooky. ^_^ Be safe. Bring me back a Geisha girl. :D

MistressPookyChan
08-01-2004, 09:32 PM
little update&#33;&#33; As you can see, I made it to japan safely and have moved into my house. I am still waiting on them to get broadband hooked up in my house, so hopefully that will be done in a week or so. For now, I&#39;ll be lurking from work. Not like im doing any work since the kids are out of school...

sjøpølse
08-01-2004, 10:39 PM
I am very happy for you. - stupid question - You speak japanese, do you? I hope. Anyway, enjoy your living there.

Obsidian Joy
08-01-2004, 11:07 PM
Are you in an actual house or apartmant? By the way, im happy you got there safely :D

escaflownemoon
08-02-2004, 09:37 AM
Kewl, nice to know you got there safely and posting in here. :)

MistressPookyChan
08-02-2004, 10:16 PM
glad to see ya&#39;ll didnt forget about me&#33;

yes, I speak japanese. I studied it for about 2.5 years, part of which was in japan. I am far from fluent, though.

I am in a house, but it&#39;s the size of a large apartment. one half is traditional style, with tatami floors and sliding doors. The other half is parkay floors (fake wood&#33;) and that is my kitchen and living room. behind my place is a rice field, on the other side is a very old cemetary with a tiny bamboo forest, and in the front is a fabulous view of the mountains. Im in Gunma prefecture, which is in the exact middle of japan, so I&#39;m surrounded by mountains. Very pretty&#33; I&#39;ll take piccies.

if you have any other questions, feel free to ask&#33; I&#39;m here to educate :D

Gjallarhorn
08-02-2004, 10:27 PM
ur lucky......

questions:
y r u so lucky?
y cant i live in japan?
wanna go on one of those "trade lives for a week" shows?

escaflownemoon
08-03-2004, 09:05 AM
oh wow Pooky..the way you describe it...it makes me think of Inuyasha back in those feudal era..hehe remember to take lots of piccies for us. So where are you teaching anyways...it seems where ever you&#39;re living sounds pretty away from the cities..

MistressPookyChan
08-04-2004, 12:19 AM
y r u so lucky? : not luck&#33; I studied hard in school and take advantage of every opportunity that comes my way.
y cant i live in japan? : you can&#33; it&#39;s easy. if you need help finding out how, drop me a PM.
wanna go on one of those "trade lives for a week" shows? : ha ha&#33; no thanks. my life is too hectic and i would feel bad for you

I am teaching at yoshioka chuu gakko (yoshioka junior high, or yoshchuu for short). I also have two elementary schools; one i go to twice a week and the other i go to once every other week. At yoshchuu i work with an english teacher to do team teaching and at the elementary schools i make and teach the lessons. schools dont start until early september, so im just chillin&#39; until then.

I live in yoshioka-machi, gunma-ken (yoshioka town, gunma prefecture). it is in the middle of the main island of japan, so im in the mountains. even so, it&#39;s only a couple hours to Tokyo. my town is small, but is surrounded by larger towns. everything is near by, but i still need a car to get around (just bought one today&#33; its cute).

Xian Pu
08-04-2004, 12:52 AM
Oh wow Pooky. ^_^ You&#39;re on mainland Japan. I was on Okinawa on the northern end of the island back in 96. ^_^ USMC baby&#33; Errr... :) Was at Camp Hansen-- right outside of Kinville. Beautiful country ne? O O O&#33; I got to fly over Mt. Fuji. Whoa&#33; That thing is sooooo kewl&#33;&#33; My only gripe about southern Japan? The humidity. ><&#39; Now, being from a southern state- I wasn&#39;t that overwhelmed by the heat, but still triple canopy jungles? Ungawa&#33; Twas hawt&#33; Aaaaaanywayz I wanna go back one day and travel that beautiful country one side and down the other. BTW, the people of Okinawa? Wondiferous&#33; :) I love the Japanese people because they are so dern friendly&#33; Even when they don&#39;t speak English, and you don&#39;t speak Japanese, they aren&#39;t THAT rude. They mostly smile and laugh- not at the fact that neither one of you understand the other, but because y&#39;all don&#39;t understand each other. That... doesn&#39;t make sense. What I mean is that they aren&#39;t making fun of you, but enjoying the cultural difference. (At least that&#39;s the impression that I got). I mean, I would just wander around Okinawa taking in the scenery and loving it to death. The country- I can&#39;t even begin to describe how beautiful she is&#33; And the culture, it&#39;s so rich and so deeply embedded. *sigh* I REALLY REALLY wanna go back. *cries* Gotta find me a sugar momma. :D

Anyway, Pooky, you have fun and be sure to send us some piccies of that beautiful country kk? :)

escaflownemoon
08-04-2004, 09:09 AM
Xian, you are making me wanna go there for the first time. Even though, I was almost there..hehe if you count being in Hong Kong..so close but yet so far to Japan. I heard the people there are friendly but then the negative side is you you gotta know people there otherwise you get ripped off or something like that I don&#39;t know.. :lol: Maybe that&#39;s just in the city. ;) That&#39;s kewl..I wanted to be an animator in Japan...but right now I think I&#39;ll just do it as a hobbie. *smiles*

Barnacle
08-04-2004, 02:21 PM
You&#39;re so lucky ^^... *me is dreaming of going to Japan some day*

Just have first get to University <span style='color:yellow'>(most likely Helsinki U) and take Japanese courses... ^_^ And hopefully I have enough money then to be an exchange student ^^</span>

But anyways... Good luck in there. Have a nice time... enjoy it ^^

MistressPookyChan
08-04-2004, 11:56 PM
okinawa is a fab place. i went there for a week last year while i was studying in japan. fabulous beaches&#33;&#33;&#33; the okinawin culture is so fasinating; a mixture between mainland japan and chinese. you&#39;ll have to tell me more about your time there some time.

the japanese are nice, but some do know how to take advantage of foreigners. for example, yesterday i went with my supervisor to buy a car. previously, the ALTs (assistant language teachers; my job) have just looked at the car briefly and then bought it. I totally examined it. Because of that, i get a car that is like new (new fluids, tires, a wash, etc) and a cd player put into the car. plus, the car is 10 times nicer than the car from predecessor had (and tried to sell to me). So yeah... just be smart and you&#39;ll be fine.

Xian Pu
08-05-2004, 12:15 AM
Oh yeah... Another thing about the Okinawans? They love their pig farms. That and the Okinawan expressway is about the size of a good BLVD here in the states. ><; Erm... what else? OH THE WATER&#33; Most beautiful water ever&#33; EVER&#33; This girl and I went for a walk and wandered out on one of the natural lava jetties-- we walked about a quarter mile out, thing is that we could still see bottom which looked to be like ten twelve feet deep. ><;

Gotta travel north some time just to see the snow and mountains.

Oh yeah&#33; The Japanese love their Kino parlors. Not sure what it is, but man do they love it to death. That and in Okinawa there are slot machines EVERYWHERE&#33;

escaflownemoon
08-05-2004, 09:04 AM
Wow, a mixture of mainland japan and chinese. I am chinese I guess I will do fine somewhat..:lol: but I guess everywhere you travel, should always think smart. :)

Obsidian Joy
08-06-2004, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by MistressPookyChan@Aug 2 2004, 11:16 PM
I am in a house, but it&#39;s the size of a large apartment. one half is traditional style, with tatami floors and sliding doors. The other half is parkay floors (fake wood&#33;) and that is my kitchen and living room. behind my place is a rice field, on the other side is a very old cemetary with a tiny bamboo forest, and in the front is a fabulous view of the mountains. Im in Gunma prefecture, which is in the exact middle of japan, so I&#39;m surrounded by mountains. Very pretty&#33; I&#39;ll take piccies.
That sounds so pretty&#33; Is it expensive? How did you learn japanese? Ive been using a book and the computeer program Rosetta Stone(which was &#036;300.00) and ive been learning pretty well but I need more books, programs etc.

Snow_Star
08-06-2004, 11:18 AM
Pooky-chan&#33; How was your trip?

MistressPookyChan
08-08-2004, 08:25 PM
Xian: yes, i agree, the beaches in okinawa are fab&#33; just be careful of the sea urchans. (those spikey black things that live in the sea) Kino parlors... do you mean pachinko?&#33; those things are everywhere. My friend lives near one called El Pachinko. XD

Obsidian: I&#39;m out of tokyo so its not too expensive. Also, my city is paying for part of my rent. Dont forget, people dont live in huge places like in the US&#33; my house is the size of a US large apartment. Very common for single people to live in one room apartments.

I learned japanese through college classes. Also, id recommend checking out the series &#39;japanese for busy people&#39;. And whatever you do, dont get books that have only romanji&#33; you&#39;ll never learn hiragana and katakana if you rely on the romanji.

Snow: it was good, but a long plane ride. :)

nutcase
08-09-2004, 06:08 AM
so ican say ur enjoying ur self there o.O home of anime >_<