PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop Elements?

Foxxer
07-18-2004, 01:47 AM
Just curious, what do y'all think of Photoshop Elements as an app to do wallpapers with?

I'm considering getting it 'cos it's a whole lot cheaper than the regular version of Photoshop, but I'm a little worried that its advertising targets it as an app to clean up and organize digital photos with - is it a digital photo organizer, or is it a lite version of Photoshop? And is it missing anything important?

Xian Pu
07-18-2004, 01:51 AM
Yeah, if I'm not mistaken, all it is is for cleaning up and spiffing up digital photos, I personally wouldn't advise it. I know it costs out the arse, but I'd stick with either Photoshop CS or Photoshop. *shrug*

MistressPookyChan
07-18-2004, 02:24 AM
yeah, elements is for photo editing. it wont have the CGing features you'd use for wallpapering.

Black_Leo
07-18-2004, 07:39 AM
I've used all the photoshop programs. And I have found that elements is just an easier to use version of regular photoshop. The reason being is because it has almost everything photoshop has. It has every filter photoshop 7 has and besides that much more other stuff(including all the cg features). So in other words I strongly recommend elements. Because its just cheaper and way easier to use.

MistressPookyChan
07-18-2004, 10:39 PM
oooh, elements must have changed since i last saw it. thanks for the update! Just to make sure, check out the adobe homepage and see what features are in elements and see if its the best program for you.