View Full Version : Disgaea

07-16-2004, 02:35 PM
yes, it's been a very long time since i've put any walls up. i don't know much about this character other than she's just cool (to me anyways) and that she's from the game Disgaea. i'm not really sure about the bg, i kinda wanted a night scene but those are a pain, anwyays whatcha think?

07-16-2004, 03:00 PM
try a night scene, it's not hard. though the idea is nice, the rocks are too blurry :\

07-16-2004, 06:09 PM
Lovely bg, but it doesn't fit so night scene would fit better with a errie moon on the side hehe and that rock is extremely blurred that bring my attention to it rather than to the character. Maybe also a few strands of long grass near the rocks because it just look plain that she is climbing on top of the rock but no living material....erm good start. :)

07-17-2004, 02:57 AM
other then the rock and the eye trade mark in the corner it looks good, but the bg shld go wid the flow of the character. if shes like a vamp or sumthin try makin a green or blue full moon or sumthing

07-17-2004, 06:08 AM
Yay! Good extraction! It's so cute :^_^:
The only thing I dont like is the blurry rock at the front... Other than that, it's pretty awesome
It looks good as a daytime bg, but it could look nice as a night one, or sunset too
Good Job!

07-17-2004, 03:31 PM
thanks for the comments, i thought the rocks would be too realistic if i didn't blur them, i'll have to do them over i guess. i'll try making a night bg, maybe with a moon (though the lighting isn't really set to a moon in the bg) i'll play with it when i get a chance.

(by the way candy, you sig seems really jagged to me)

07-17-2004, 04:17 PM
try smudge'ing the rocks(the base) and put blurred/filtered/etc. original rocks on top of them(soft light/overlay/etc blending mode). experiment around to give them more of a drawn-like look.