PDA

View Full Version : Programs

Obsidian Joy
07-11-2004, 02:08 PM
Sorry if this is in the wrong place, if it is you can move/delete it. Anyway I want to know some good free image editing programs I can download. Right now I use Microsoft Picture It! Publishing 2001 it works fine but I would want some more programs I could try. Thanx so much :D

KJ Killa
07-11-2004, 10:44 PM
Heh...i only have paint...so i only edit wallpapers

MistressPookyChan
07-12-2004, 05:11 AM
most of the major CG programs have a trial version you can try. You can get it from their website. I use adobe photoshop, which you can download at www.adobe.com. after that, you can choose to buy it or delete it. There are ways to get discounted programs. if you are a college student, ask your bookstore for deals. Also, ask your art or computer sci teachers if they know of any deals. I know of two people that put their money together and bought a prog. There are many options.

and just to stop it from happening: it is against the rules of the forum to talk about hacks, cracks, and other illegal ways of getting programs.

Obsidian Joy
07-12-2004, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by MistressPookyChan@Jul 12 2004, 06:11 AM
most of the major CG programs have a trial version you can try. You can get it from their website. I use adobe photoshop, which you can download at www.adobe.com. after that, you can choose to buy it or delete it. There are ways to get discounted programs. if you are a college student, ask your bookstore for deals. Also, ask your art or computer sci teachers if they know of any deals. I know of two people that put their money together and bought a prog. There are many options.

and just to stop it from happening: it is against the rules of the forum to talk about hacks, cracks, and other illegal ways of getting programs.
This was illegal? :blink:

DDR Pip
07-12-2004, 09:05 AM
No, just don't talk about hacking or anything illegal.

Xian Pu
07-12-2004, 12:00 PM
If you go to download.com, there are plenty of trial versions of programs available, I'm sure. Right? Or am I on the rock again?

DDR Pip
07-12-2004, 02:52 PM
I'm using a 30 day trial of Photoshop CS from download.com . It's a great way to test out programs.

Obsidian Joy
07-12-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by DDR Pip@Jul 12 2004, 03:52 PM
I'm using a 30 day trial of Photoshop CS from download.com . It's a great way to test out programs.
Is it working well for you?

MistressPookyChan
07-12-2004, 08:34 PM
noooo, it's only against the rules to talk about illegal ways of obtaining full programs for free.

Definately test out a variety of programs until you find the one you like the best.

DDR Pip
07-12-2004, 11:01 PM
Sure, it's great, but like Pooky said I'm just testing it out. I just plan to enjoy it for the few days I have it *dreads the day 30 days is up*.

Edit: Sorry if it sounded like I was suggesting something illegal.

MistressPookyChan
07-12-2004, 11:44 PM
lol, you didnt do anything wrong at all! i just know that somethimes this type of thread leads to the type of discussion we are not supposed to talk about. now... droooop it. :lol:

iio
07-29-2004, 07:42 PM
I hope posting websites that feature free graphics editing programs is alright. I've downloaded several free progs of that nature. Anyway, www.snapfiles.com is an excellent, safe site to search for freeware graphics progs, I've also searched www.freebyte.com it has a good selection of graphics programs. as well. To be safe, when downloading from any site always scan the folder with a good AV program before installing it.

Snow_Star
08-07-2004, 12:34 PM
I have Photoshop 7.... so try that

wizz-o-matic
08-07-2004, 12:59 PM
I'm also using PhotoShop 7.0 and it's really good.
As an alternative I'm also using Ulead PhotoImpact (it has some really good pre-made filters), Terragen (photorealistic scenery rendering software), Corel Bryce (3D rendering software) and IrfanView (for resizing images).

But you can also try out Gimp (it's a free program), u can find more about it here: http://www.gimp.org/

**pooky edit: no mentioning illegal copies. LAST WARNING, period*

Obsidian Joy
08-07-2004, 05:52 PM
*another mention of illegal stuff... grr* It works fine but its complicated :P

uio
08-07-2004, 11:50 PM
Paint Shop Pro is a great program too. I personally like it more than Photoshop. That's probably because that's what I learned to edit in (and I'm still learning).

Tiffania
08-10-2004, 03:56 PM
Im actually using , Photohop , right now its phtoshop 7 that i got totally legally of course !! but i like coreldraw too , and i think coreldraw has more pre made effect than photoshop , but i do thin that photoshop is the best ive tried so far , right now im looking to get Ulead PhotoImpact that someone mentionned in a previous post , since ive never tried this one ..

gadgetgirl16
08-10-2004, 04:45 PM
i use paint shop pro.7 and microsolf photo draw 2000.......im still learning how to use paint shop pro by websites and i have photo draw for 4 years and its a easy to use program, but its not really good for effics and stuff....b/c its old.....but i like it, and i dont really trust downloading photoshop after having a virous from it and it really did mess up my computer, just to be safe.....buy it andb if u dont have the money....forget it.....im telling ya its not safe it download it from sites.....did it and it became h3ll for a month ><

Xian Pu
08-10-2004, 05:09 PM
I use Photoshop 7.0.1 (download), PSP 8, and Ulead gif maker. Have zero complaints with any of the programs. Love &#39;em all equally. ^_^

escaflownemoon
08-10-2004, 06:27 PM
I use the one and only Photoshop 7.0 because that&#39;s the only program I have for photo editing and plus I am still learning to use it to the max. So I really didn&#39;t try or own any other ones because I find it is good enough for me..It has all features that I need anyway...but I do want like a 3D program...no money...