PDA

View Full Version : Maison Ikkoku

akachan
07-06-2004, 02:41 AM
I saw this scan some months ago, But I've never managed to think of a fitting background...some days ago I was sitting on the train as usual and I looked to the window and EuReKa! I had my new wall.
Naturally I made by myself both the window(painful, man :( ) and the reflection ( I love making reflections :^_^: , they mirror the real soul...What a poet...
Anyway how is it? I put an olding hue 'cauz I don't like the without-hue one
anything to add/remove/change? :)
Oh it's originally a 1600 one , but I've uploaded the 1024 one so it's faster

wizz-o-matic
07-06-2004, 04:52 AM
Nice concept :^_^: It's good, can't think of anything else.

escaflownemoon
07-06-2004, 08:46 AM
The mirror effect is awesome I always wanted to make something like that just can't master it quite yet :lol: but anyways it looks pretty good.

akachan
07-06-2004, 08:54 AM
:^_^: thanks. I spent some days on the window, it's not so difficult, you only need some spare time(2-3 days, even if I have 4 exams in two weeks!! :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: )
...the most diffucult part was creating the window with vectors but with an exact perspective...then When I came back to the train I studied the blending of the glass and the metal...(on the glass there are two reflection because it's a double glass)this is another thing u make when you're a photoshop addict!
now I'm totally crazy :D :D ... :blink: ' '

Candy-chan
07-07-2004, 11:36 AM
the reflection bugs me

first: the double window thing is not clear, she looks like shes reflecting on wood..
and try to distort the image so shes a bit in diagonal, dont know how to explain that......erm.....

akachan
07-08-2004, 01:53 AM
I'll try to see something... ;)

akachan
07-12-2004, 02:52 AM
I've decreased the red hue to all the wall, and increased the blue of the metal, so it seems more metal and less woood, I've also changed the blending both on the metal and the glass,for the distorsion:I can't manage to think moving kyoko 'cause...boh I like the orientation :^_^: ' '
Better?Ah I also put some reflection and more light to the text..Hope it's better ;)

escaflownemoon
07-12-2004, 09:03 AM
I guess it looks a bit better. ;) I didn't really see the difference from the two.

Xian Pu
07-12-2004, 12:16 PM
Thing is that we're getting a reflection on objects not part of the window. Like,for instance, the frame and the bottom of the window itself. So, how about maybe erasing the top half and lower half of the reflection? That and it looks a little flat too. Otherwise, great job aka. ^_^

wizz-o-matic
07-12-2004, 01:29 PM
Personally I prefer the 1st one (better colors in my opinion)

WeyrDragon
07-12-2004, 02:15 PM
xian pu beat me to the punch on the reflection being on parts of the window as well. but also.. and ill be a bit nitpicky here, the reflection it pretty much her looking directly forward, but it should be relative to the slant on the window, you should pretty much only be seeing one side of her face on the window.

escaflownemoon
07-12-2004, 06:06 PM
I agree with weydragon about the reflection of how her face is reflected towards us but she is looking at us so I think it should be the side view of her in the reflection..Dont' know how you going to do that with the distortion but good luck. :)

akachan
07-13-2004, 02:06 AM
:wacko: I'll try something... :( :P

Thing is that we're getting a reflection on objects not part of the window. Like,for instance, the frame and the bottom of the window itself.
I know that the frame and the window aren't the same thing, infact the reflection on the "iron" is different from the glass one, both for the type of the light itself(I've studied it before making the wall, moving my arm on the iron of the window frame of the train :wacko: :P ) and also for the position:I mean that maybe in 1600x1200 it's more visible, but I've moved the reflection like it is on a surface nearer to kyoko, I moved it to the left.
The last thing that bugs me is the reflection orientation, I'll study it asap :^_^: I want this wall to be a perfect one, and I'll try to reput the hue ;)

Xian Pu
07-13-2004, 02:38 AM
I think that you are doing a damn good job so far aka, keep it up and knowing you, you'll have it perfect in no time flat. :)