PDA

View Full Version : er.... help?

mokona-modoki
12-08-2012, 02:15 AM
okay, i am seriously confused. so, i want, and plan to make A City With No People from Chobits(a picture book within the story, for those who aren't aware) into a full color picture book, mostly for my own enjoyment. while browsing the net, i find a lot of people want that book as a real picture book just like me. my question is, if i sold it as a fanbook, just to a few people on deviantart, would there be copyright concerns? the story and characters belong to clamp. all i want to do is recreate it in full color. would that make it illegal to sell? if that's the case, i'd keep it to myself and family. so, any idea what i should do? help.......
*pleading eyes*

blueangel06661
12-08-2012, 07:09 AM
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00006JOV1/ref=nosim/priceclash-20

The picture book exist and was released by Clamp shortly after the airing of Chobits. Because it's a legit thing. Copyright infringement does come in to play if you do try to sell it. Especially if you're taking the story and only coloring it. But feel free to hire a copyright lawyer and go over your options on what you can do. They know more about copyright than I. But more than likely the answer is, recreating the story in full color is probably illegal to sell.

mokona-modoki
12-08-2012, 10:08 AM
thank you so much. i wont sell it then. now it is just for my own enjoyment :)
they made one? why coulldn't i find it???? *sulks*
thanks for the link