PDA

View Full Version : Heat Guy J - Again

donutgrrrl
06-24-2004, 06:35 PM
I seem to be working on a theme lately...

Anyway, I'm working on a new Heat Guy J wall, and I can't decide which bg I like better.

Here's the 1st version...

donutgrrrl
06-24-2004, 06:36 PM
And the second.....

WeyrDragon
06-24-2004, 06:42 PM
i think you should stick with the first version, if i had to choose between the two, but the guys face just doesnt look like it belongs.

donutgrrrl
06-24-2004, 07:43 PM
Ok.. with the first bg (added some blur to it), but I changed the other image to another of Daisuke. Just thought J looking over his shoulder was a good idea, but I couldn't get it to look right.

I know it needs A LOT of work... I wasn't gonna waste time extracting it if it wasn't gonna fly, ya know?

Anyway, does it fit better?

WeyrDragon
06-24-2004, 09:13 PM
yeah the setting now is better, but the character you've got, the edges need to be gone over with an eraser, theres lots of garbage around him as well as being a bit grainy.

donutgrrrl
06-24-2004, 10:14 PM
I actually ended up scrapping the bg pic anyway. I opted for a scenery bg instead. Now I'll take time to clean up the other image and post it when I'm done. ;)

donutgrrrl
06-25-2004, 10:57 PM
After scrapping the entire idea of what this was originallt s'posed to be....

This is what I've ended up with. :blink:

Unfortunately, I'll admit, extractions are not my strong suit....but.... I'm gettin' better at finding ways to disguise my less than spectacular extractions. ;)

Oh, and I wasn't sure about the text. I know I ended up not using the text when I did the wall of Kyoko, but for some reason, I felt the need to put in Daisuke's name on this one.

Sadako Sumeragi
07-01-2004, 09:42 PM
I <3 the background, and the character looks a bit better, but still low quality. The name there is rather hard to read, try changing the font and get rid of the arched text. Mabye try a less girly font, it doesn&#39;t go with the character well. I think Courier New might look nice. Other then that, the background looks cool, and the extraction is mucho better.