PDA

View Full Version : My Backround

CrimsonButterflies
06-20-2004, 08:59 PM
AIght well its like this, i designed a backround of two school girls sitting on stone stairs, I posted it on my friends local server (andyscrib.tk) and someone that was looking at it apperiantly saved it to there computor and started posting it on actually anime website. The only reason i didnt post it myself was i was sending it in to a magazine for a contest. I got it back after a month of so and i ended up getting 4th in this contest. I started sending it to websites ,but to my surprise they eather allready had it or rejected it saying that i copied it form someone, and it wasnt my work. So i went back and eddited on a -mike- in the top left corner so that people would know that it is my work, and not some snot nosed kid. So im asking you guys if u could, if u ever happen to see a wallpaper pic of two school girls sitting on stone steps (red) can u post the web adress here for me so i can send a letter to the site creater adn have them possable change it for me, thanks.

WeyrDragon
06-20-2004, 09:03 PM
well i wouldnt mind helping you out, but i doubt we'll actually see the picture around here, you might try posting it here so that we actually know what it looks like?

Most of the artists here take images and extract the characters to put on their own backrounds, or taking screens from the shows themselves and editing, but no one outright "copies" someones work.

CrimsonButterflies
06-20-2004, 09:09 PM
well, heres teh problem with that, i have no clue how to post it on here :P

WeyrDragon
06-20-2004, 09:20 PM
when you post theres an option that says file attachments just below the post icons, use that.

CrimsonButterflies
06-20-2004, 09:25 PM
lets give her a try

CrimsonButterflies
06-20-2004, 09:26 PM
Well lets try it out then :D

WeyrDragon
06-20-2004, 09:27 PM
there you go, itll probably get critiqued while its here though :P

I think its pretty good, colors seem a bit odd to me. Never seen it before though.

CrimsonButterflies
06-20-2004, 09:27 PM
sweetness it worked, but it looks really scetchy :-/ but o well at least u can see what it looks like, also any tips would be greatly appreaciated

Xian Pu
06-20-2004, 10:30 PM
I seriously doubt that you are the original creator of this piece of work. Why? For one, I have the very same image saved to my hard drive, and have had it for over a year now. Second of all, were this true, I feel that you would have persued it with more interest and more vigor than just poking around a website or two. Want proof? Here's the original image. Oh, and for FYI's sake, I didn't get this off a website, I got it from a friend that got it from a friend. So... this image has been around for quite some time. Again, I seriously doubt that you are the original artist.

CrimsonButterflies
06-20-2004, 10:39 PM
well i didnt make it it was on a cover of a magazine my bro had. I took it to my draw and paint class and blew it up, redrew it and painted it, and thast whats in front of you there. Sorry if i made u beleave i created this image from scratch. but i did make it into a backroudn for a computor usuing my friends scanner witch is why its probably all scetchy. thank you

Xian Pu
06-20-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by CrimsonButterflies@Jun 20 2004, 10:39 PM
well i didnt make it it was on a cover of a magazine my bro had. I took it to my draw and paint class and blew it up, redrew it and painted it, and thast whats in front of you there. Sorry if i made u beleave i created this image from scratch. but i did make it into a backroudn for a computor usuing my friends scanner witch is why its probably all scetchy. thank you
Aaahhh... Well, be careful of how you represent yourself then. Your words can easily be misconstrued. Take for example, what I said. *shrug*

Also, for another thing, You really didn't do much to the image except for add a sepia tone to it. It's a good idea, but... that's all? That's it? Nothing more? Not, maybe extracting the girls and adding them to an entirely different background?

CrimsonButterflies
06-20-2004, 10:50 PM
well, thast why i said any advice lol, but u dont gotta butcher me or anything :(

CrimsonButterflies
06-20-2004, 10:52 PM
plus i like the back round, but thanks for the tip. ill keep that in mind for my next projects =]

Xian Pu
06-20-2004, 11:00 PM
I do apologize if I've hurt your feelings but that's how I give advice. Brutally. If it's given in turn I may get my feelings hurt for a moment, but then strive to improve whatever may be wrong. In short, it's how I expect advice on my wallpapers to be given and I do the same in return. *shrug*

CrimsonButterflies
06-20-2004, 11:05 PM
lol, i was just joking i appreatate any and all advise i can get. Thanks

escaflownemoon
06-21-2004, 09:08 AM
It looks nice and simplcity sometimes is better than having really vigours colours and cool design...you just have to know the theme and feel taht you want to give to the wallpaper.

Well I think you should put your name in the bottom where the task can cover it so that we know who made it but not to remind us evertime we look at it. :)