PDA

View Full Version : I ish new here >;]

PinkGalaxies
08-31-2012, 12:38 AM
I'm really bad about making page long intros, so I'm going to try to make this short and sweet. I'm a 20 year old girl who works in the gaming industry. I was invited to E3, and it was fantastic. I started gaming the moment I could use a key board. I believe my first game was Cosmo for the PC. Later I started playing the Nintendo, then the PS1, and so on. Yeah, hardcore gamer right here (not to the extreme of playing for 24 hours or something).

Aside from my gaming hobby, I used to model for several companies. I got noticed after being in a few pageants, and when I was 12 I became a model. I did that for almost 7 years. I quit right before my 18th birthday. Before I graduated high school, I was in National American Miss (NAMISS). I was asked to be in the Miss USA pageant, but I'm not really a big fan of pageants. I declined.

While I was growing up, I had two dreams. I wanted to become an artist, and I also wanted to be a psychologist. I love art, but I'm not sure if I would make a career out of it. Right now, I'm getting paid very well for just writing some articles, interviewing people, playing some games, etc. Also, I enjoy meeting game designers etc. I'm not going to college anytime soon when I've already have a job I love.

Three paragraphs already, and it has only been 2 minutes since I started typing. I'm not going to bore you to death any longer with babble about my life, so I will stop talking about it. I will answer questions if anyone has any they want to ask.

Jasanime
08-31-2012, 03:02 AM
Hey nice to meet you! Sounds like you have an awesome job! Are your interviews and articles all game related? What is your fave game atm?

Ranshiin
08-31-2012, 03:22 AM
I'm not bored. o.o

And welcome. ^_^

If it might not be obvious I'm the moderator of this particular part of the forum ... and especially that means that if you have any questions or problems then you can just send me a message and I can try and help you. :]

Also I have to say that you have to read the rules (http://www.animeforum.com/faq.php).

PinkGalaxies
08-31-2012, 11:07 AM
Hey nice to meet you! Sounds like you have an awesome job! Are your interviews and articles all game related? What is your fave game atm?

Hi. Nice to meet you too. :]

Most of them are game related, but sometimes I talk about things happening in the world etc.

Currently, my favorite games is Borderlands 2. The first one was great, and the second one is even better due to organization etc. Do you have a favorite game?

I'm not bored. o.o

And welcome. ^_^

If it might not be obvious I'm the moderator of this particular part of the forum ... and especially that means that if you have any questions or problems then you can just send me a message and I can try and help you. :]

Also I have to say that you have to read the rules (http://www.animeforum.com/faq.php).

Thanks. :]

No, it's not obvious at all. :P

The rules are always self explanatory on forums. I did take the time to read over them just in case something happened to be different.

Jasanime
09-02-2012, 04:07 AM
Hi. Nice to meet you too. :]

Most of them are game related, but sometimes I talk about things happening in the world etc.

Currently, my favorite games is Borderlands 2. The first one was great, and the second one is even better due to organization etc. Do you have a favorite game?

I'm not much of a gamer, but I work with games/movies/music. Lately I'm having fun playing Ratchet and Clank with my bf!

Jacob's Ladder
09-03-2012, 09:11 PM
Welcome to the AF...awesome, you got to go to E3! Do you game design, or just play? What were invited to E3 for? 'Interesting you declined Miss USA, after being in pageants for so long.

I too wanted to be artist, but parents kept brow beating me about "You're not good enough, I don't get what you see in those cartoons, or it's a waste of time!"...didn't stop me.lol Either way, hope you post some of your work would love to see. ;) And please take time to view our art in the Fan Art forum...please comment too.

Have fun here, help add to the madness...lol!

Syndicate
09-04-2012, 02:07 AM
Hope you enjoy the Vas amount of anime-manga information here on your stay, ^.^
Hope too speak too you in the near feature (>*.*)>

P.s I like bubble gum c:

KyouFalls
09-04-2012, 02:14 AM
Welcome to AF, My name is Akira, Hope you enjoy your stay, I will be watching you.

PinkGalaxies
09-04-2012, 03:09 AM
I'm not much of a gamer, but I work with games/movies/music. Lately I'm having fun playing Ratchet and Clank with my bf!

Cool. I've heard that the re-boot of Ratchet and Clank series is pretty good.

Welcome to the AF...awesome, you got to go to E3! Do you game design, or just play? What were invited to E3 for? 'Interesting you declined Miss USA, after being in pageants for so long.

I too wanted to be artist, but parents kept brow beating me about "You're not good enough, I don't get what you see in those cartoons, or it's a waste of time!"...didn't stop me.lol Either way, hope you post some of your work would love to see. ;) And please take time to view our art in the Fan Art forum...please comment too.

Have fun here, help add to the madness...lol!

I did a few cels for Black Ops 2. That's all I've done for actual video game creators. However, I did make my own video game back when I was in high school. It was similar to the .hack// games. You know, dungeons, monsters, treasure, and all that jazz.

My boss actually invited me because he wanted me to present the business, and he also is terrible with cameras.

I actually am going to post a dragon I just got done sketching. My mom requested a dragon poster for her birthday, so tomorrow I'm going to have to buy a canvas, paint, etc. That will probably take me like a month to finish.

Oh, I already have been. Lol.

Hope you enjoy the Vas amount of anime-manga information here on your stay, ^.^
Hope too speak too you in the near feature (>*.*)>

P.s I like bubble gum c:

Thanks. You can talk to me anytime. :]

Welcome to AF, My name is Akira, Hope you enjoy your stay, I will be watching you.

Thanks, Akira. :]

Albear
09-04-2012, 02:13 PM
Welcome to AF! I would like to be involved in the VG industry. But right now, I've established myself in a sort of different field and it is kinda late for me to take on the VG industry.
I really like it when girls get involved with videogames because the industry is mostly engulfed by us dudes. Alot of girls I know think it's a waste of time. :C
Right now, I'm a just a casual gamer but I use to be very competitive.

But you have one interesting background! Hope to see ya around AF. :3

Kaleohano
09-04-2012, 02:29 PM
PinkGalaxies

Standard Kaleohano Greeting...ENGAGE!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfg9DVwOd9w

Yo Dawg!
I heard you like Anime,
So i put an Anime, inside of your Anime!

http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii622/lucassidor/animewatch.jpg

Now you can watch Anime, while you watch Anime!

http://cdn.overclock.net/4/49/496ad0af_yo-dawg-xzibit-48.jpeg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyKqFPGRkxU

My way of saying welcome to AF! I hope you enjoy yourself on this forum. Theres a lot of cool people on here and they all digg anime as much, if not more than you do!
I'm Kaleohano, Nice to meet you :)

ms.Purdy
09-04-2012, 02:38 PM
awesome i'm 21 and i'm a model right now i'm in England on bussiness

PinkGalaxies
09-04-2012, 02:40 PM
Welcome to AF! I would like to be involved in the VG industry. But right now, I've established myself in a sort of different field and it is kinda late for me to take on the VG industry.
I really like it when girls get involved with videogames because the industry is mostly engulfed by us dudes. Alot of girls I know think it's a waste of time. :C
Right now, I'm a just a casual gamer but I use to be very competitive.

But you have one interesting background! Hope to see ya around AF. :3

Most girls don't want to get into video games because they think it will ruin their reputation as a "girl." Girls can be very weird and complicated sometimes. A lot of girls just don't like video games because it takes their alone time with their b/f away. When I hear girls complain like that, I tell them to give gaming a try. If he likes something that much, she should at least give it a go. Also, you can end up spending more time together than you would on a date too. Win, win situation right there.

I used to be competitive. When I was younger, my brother and I would play racing games etc. I got out of that as I got older, but I did join a Black Ops tournament. It was tough, but I ended up winning a cool jacket and stuff. I parade around in it all the time. I'm proud of that jacket. Lol.

PinkGalaxies

Standard Kaleohano Greeting...ENGAGE!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfg9DVwOd9w

Yo Dawg!
I heard you like Anime,
So i put an Anime, inside of your Anime!

http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii622/lucassidor/animewatch.jpg

Now you can watch Anime, while you watch Anime!

http://cdn.overclock.net/4/49/496ad0af_yo-dawg-xzibit-48.jpeg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyKqFPGRkxU

My way of saying welcome to AF! I hope you enjoy yourself on this forum. Theres a lot of cool people on here and they all digg anime as much, if not more than you do!
I'm Kaleohano, Nice to meet you :)

Lol. Thanks. :]

Albear
09-05-2012, 02:01 AM
PinkGalaxies Oh why didn't a meet a girl like you! One into gaming as much, or even more so, like
The only girl in real life that likes vgs is my little sister. I sort of influenced her. She is very good in Skyrim.

PinkGalaxies
09-05-2012, 07:55 AM
PinkGalaxies Oh why didn't a meet a girl like you! One into gaming as much, or even more so, like
The only girl in real life that likes vgs is my little sister. I sort of influenced her. She is very good in Skyrim.

I think it was my dad that influenced me. He bought me a computer when I was 2 or 3, and he put all sorts of games on it. I've been a gamer ever since.

~*Red*~
09-06-2012, 11:40 PM
Hello there and welcome to the forum! :D

PinkGalaxies
09-06-2012, 11:49 PM
Hello there and welcome to the forum! :D

CrimsonMoon
09-10-2012, 10:27 PM
Hello, and welcome to AF! I saw you around sometimes, and I hope to see you around for a long time in AF, so enjoy your stay here. Lol, there is a stereotype that a girl gamer is not a 'girl', and it's sad how society thinks like that. Anyway, happy posting and have fun!

PinkGalaxies
09-10-2012, 10:32 PM
Hello, and welcome to AF! I saw you around sometimes, and I hope to see you around for a long time in AF, so enjoy your stay here. Lol, there is a stereotype that a girl gamer is not a 'girl', and it's sad how society thinks like that. Anyway, happy posting and have fun!

That's because it's usually true. Guys see girl online, guys talk to girl, guys want to talk on mic, girl says mic is broken, guy wants to video chat, girl says cam is broken, girl finally says she's a 12 year old boy.

CrimsonMoon
09-10-2012, 10:36 PM

That's because it's usually true. Guys see girl online, guys talk to girl, guys want to talk on mic, girl says mic is broken, guy wants to video chat, girl says cam is broken, girl finally says she's a 12 year old boy.

Lol, sad but true story. *thumbs up*

Digimon___Sommelier
09-11-2012, 02:02 PM
PinkGalaxies: You're right. This is long. lol All joking aside, love your avatar and I warmy welcome you to AF! :D

!?\ My Wi-Fi! It's gone out . . .\!

PinkGalaxies
09-11-2012, 03:57 PM
PinkGalaxies: You're right. This is long. lol All joking aside, love your avatar and I warmy welcome you to AF! :D

!?\ My Wi-Fi! It's gone out . . .\!