PDA

View Full Version : Wolfwood Wallpaper

donutgrrrl
06-09-2004, 10:44 PM
I've been playing around with this wallpaper of Wolfwood for a little while now, and I just can't decide if I'm happy with it. This is the fourth version so far, but the only one I've been able to live with for more than a half hour.

So what do ya think, text too much?

haruko
06-10-2004, 03:05 PM
awesome. you took a very good picture and made a wallpaper with it. the inverted nicholas could look better it seems kinda foggy. mabey a black and white wallpaper could set the tone a little better? its up to you. good job i hope to see more of your wallpapers

donutgrrrl
06-10-2004, 05:06 PM
Ok, I think I fixed most of the fuzzy problems, but he's still lookin' a little hazy.

I'll have to go back and futz around with the b&w I had started before...

Foxxer
06-10-2004, 05:31 PM
IMHO, the text is nice, but it's too crisp and detailed for the rest of the image, and I don't like how it all neatly fits inside the black area.

My recommendations: Blur it a bit, maybe enlarge it too, try making it go past the border between the black and the teal and behind the main character (the empty area between his legs stands out too much).

Also, my own little quirk: perfectly horizontal text looks too dull, in my opinion. I think your wallpaper would look better if you rotated the text counterclockwise a little, maybe on the same angle as the cross piece?

donutgrrrl
06-10-2004, 11:19 PM
Moved the text around a bit, but not so sure I like it.

donutgrrrl
06-10-2004, 11:22 PM
Said "ah screw it" and took out all the text... now it looks empty. Any suggestions?

Cyberhunter
06-11-2004, 02:34 AM
Put the wavey text back in...
maybe lower the opacity of some of the really crisp ones tho...

donutgrrrl
06-17-2004, 09:41 PM
ok, faded out the text more and blurred it a little.....

Gjallarhorn
06-17-2004, 10:02 PM
hm...the edges of the cross-gun are a little jagged....aside from that it looks cool

Foxxer
06-18-2004, 11:38 AM
The character looks like he's floating in space, clinging to the cross to keep from floating away.

I liked the words you started out with; I think by rotating them a little (to the same angle as the crossbar on the cross) they could act as the 'ground' on which the guy is kneeling.

donutgrrrl
06-18-2004, 05:00 PM
Let's see.....

Cleaned up the edges of the cross. If I missed any, let me know.

Put some more angle to some of the text. I also had used an inner glow that I have now taken out, so hopefully he looks less like he's "floating".