PDA

View Full Version : AMV- The Legend Of Korra (She's Killing Me)

OmegaOmotron
07-19-2012, 10:23 AM
Hello everyone :) I decided to go back to AMV making after a year or 2 break and was wondering if anyone could give me some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism here :) I will admit masking is off and so forth but i really would like some criticism on this as i plan to improve and create more AMV's in the upcoming next few months.

Thankyou

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2HYhJU7DAg

Mugiwara-no-Basuke
07-19-2012, 10:38 AM
Damn, how I loved this AMV! :D I'd give it 9/10

The song is really really really awesome (btw, could you tell me what's it's name plz?) and plus, and this was probably what I liked the most, the images you pick were always perfectly matching the song's lyrics, suppose you gotta lot of work doing that so I congratulate you :)
What I think you may improve... hm, maybe the ocasional texts you added, don't think they're that necessary.

Btw I've recently donwloaded all Avatar's episodes and this AMV made me look foward to start watching it :)

Thanks a lot for sharing and keep makin AMVs and posting your work! :D

OmegaOmotron
07-19-2012, 10:42 AM
Thank you very much ^_^. The song is called "She's Killing Me" by A Rocket To The Moon :) Still a little rusty on my masking and transitions but things will improve ^_^ Thank you for the feedback. Took around 4 hours to create and another 2 to go and fix all my mistakes XD

Mugiwara-no-Basuke
07-19-2012, 10:52 AM
Thank you very much ^_^. The song is called "She's Killing Me" by A Rocket To The Moon :) Still a little rusty on my masking and transitions but things will improve ^_^ Thank you for the feedback. Took around 4 hours to create and another 2 to go and fix all my mistakes XD

You're welcome :D
Thanks, so it's them, I knew I knew that voice from somewhere! :p

I think the transitions are cool, how were you thinking of improving them?
And btw, I kinda changed my opinion as I rewatched your AMV more closely, the text you sometimes added, matching the song's lyrics is indeed pretty nice, think you could have actually put some more of it

Hm, I think it was not that much time for the results you presented :)

OmegaOmotron
07-19-2012, 10:55 AM
Haha ^_^ I started by adding the text and was trying to make each chorus seem very similar but i kinda gave up on that idea but left in the original text :3 And the transitions are just fade's and screen pan's at the moment, i'm thinking of incorporating some effects in their such as.. I don't know yet XD, but i feel like they're wasn't much variety. But then again the video can't be very flashy with a song like that.

blueangel06661
07-19-2012, 10:59 AM
First, get rid of the ugly text in the intro, you don't need that nonsense, nor do you need it moving around.
Second, get rid of the text throughout the video. If you have to EXPLAIN to me the story and why you chose the scene with part in the song, it's not good.
Third, your random effect don't go well either. Random sunburst, random rose...

And I decided not to watch past 1:30....

Next time no horrid text explaining your AMV. It's distracting, ugly, and annoying. Like a pop-up ad.

Mugiwara-no-Basuke
07-19-2012, 11:00 AM
Haha ^_^ I started by adding the text and was trying to make each chorus seem very similar but i kinda gave up on that idea but left in the original text :3 And the transitions are just fade's and screen pan's at the moment, i'm thinking of incorporating some effects in their such as.. I don't know yet XD, but i feel like they're wasn't much variety. But then again the video can't be very flashy with a song like that.

Yeah, I was thinking that you could make some transitions with effects :)
Here I found this video of powerpoint transitions (hope it can be added to AMV making), I think most of it are quite cool, hope you find it useful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnsGSwMlxy4

/X Metal Sorenges x
07-22-2012, 10:43 PM
I somewhat thought the song along with the scenes definitely matches and flows very well throughout the video. I didn't find the expeditious text doing the brilliantly of the video any favors, it somewhat causes the viewers to bring the main attention to the stray text rather then the AMV itself. It's very disruptive, other then that I believe it was done well just work more on transition, less flashy text, more effects that matches the scenarios leaving the watchers it a awe state of mind.