PDA

View Full Version : Drawing of the Month June Voting

Archaic Devices
07-09-2012, 01:38 PM
Drawing of the Month June Voting

Theme: Fanart

Rules:
1. Keep it positive! I don't want to see any posts saying "Wow, this drawing sucks" or anything like that. Your vote will be invalid if you do this. Of course, criticism of the entries is always welcome, just as long as you're not bashing the artist in the process.

2.Do not post anything that will give away yours or somebody else's entry.Doing so will result in both yours and the other person's entry to be disqualified.

3. You can vote for any one drawing except for your own. Use the poll system to vote for one entry, but you may also post why you're voting. Your votes will not count if you use multiple accounts to vote for one or more drawings.

Voting ends Monday, July 16th. Good luck!

Click on the images to expand

Entry A:

Entry B:

Entry C:

Entry D:

Entry E:

Entry F:

Bulf
07-09-2012, 02:28 PM
Fantastic entries again
I love the perspective in B, the general style of C, and E completely.

I'll have to send my vote for E though.

Cantelope
07-09-2012, 03:00 PM
I hate to be the Debbie downer, but entry F looks like an already CGed image that just had a couple of filters applied in PS to make it 'look hand-drawn'. Looks like some combination of Palette Knife and/or one of the -- daubs. Because of this I'm suspicious if it was actually drawn by whoever submitted it.

If it's legit, entry F gets my vote, if not, E.

andreline
07-09-2012, 05:01 PM
i go for E~not only because it's SOO GOOD~and it's Taokaka~~~

DenjaX
07-09-2012, 08:21 PM
Im not gonna vote for entry C!!!!

How dare you cook Mystia!!!1!!! Unforgivable!!! xDD

...but its still funny xDD

Archaic Devices
07-10-2012, 03:06 AM
I hate to be the Debbie downer, but entry F looks like an already CGed image that just had a couple of filters applied in PS to make it 'look hand-drawn'. Looks like some combination of Palette Knife and/or one of the -- daubs. Because of this I'm suspicious if it was actually drawn by whoever submitted it.

If it's legit, entry F gets my vote, if not, E.

Entry F is legit.

Princess Cupcake
07-10-2012, 09:04 AM
I'll vote for entry C. It's humorous and very well drawn/colored.

Cantelope
07-10-2012, 05:19 PM
Entry F is legit.

source plz

Archaic Devices
07-10-2012, 07:32 PM
source plz

...Source how?

threewolves
07-10-2012, 08:05 PM
Great submissions folks, love em all, but my vote has to go to C. Just love the style, and well also brought a smile to my face.

Mugiwara-no-Basuke
07-11-2012, 09:06 AM
Great drawings, love every of them :D
So after a while I got undecided between A and E, but I'll vote for A, excellent colouring, love the red eyes and the misterious look on his face, the arms' position and so as the the background and the effects around :)

tiv
07-13-2012, 10:06 AM
I'm going to have to agree with Cante on this, F is very much so looking like filters applied in Photoshop and I would not consider that one because of this. I have gotten similar results using filters. In fact, it really looks like the Photoshop watercolor filter:

http://www.uwec.edu/help/PhotoshopCS3/Images/other/flowerbeforeafter.jpg

I'll be voting for C--love the hand done feel to it and the humor it has in it.

Archaic Devices
07-13-2012, 11:28 AM
I'm going to have to agree with Cante on this, F is very much so looking like filters applied in Photoshop and I would not consider that one because of this. I have gotten similar results using filters. In fact, it really looks like the Photoshop watercolor filter:

http://www.uwec.edu/help/PhotoshopCS3/Images/other/flowerbeforeafter.jpg

I'll be voting for C--love the hand done feel to it and the humor it has in it.

I wouldn't accept an entry if it was just filters applied to an already done drawing.

tiv
07-13-2012, 12:28 PM
I stand by my statement. If the artist is willing to provide a WIP to prove that they have not, I will withdraw what I have said.

Derrick Remon
07-13-2012, 01:16 PM
I'll vote for entry C. It's humorous and very well drawn/colored.

Voting for C for same reasons

Archaic Devices
07-13-2012, 04:16 PM
I stand by my statement. If the artist is willing to provide a WIP to prove that they have not, I will withdraw what I have said.

Edit: WIP from the artist:

tiv
07-13-2012, 08:12 PM
Edit: WIP from the artist:

Thank you. I'll withdraw my statement. Pity that filter makes things look like they were stolen so I wish it'd really just been colored and the filter hadn't been applied at the end of it. :/