PDA

View Full Version : Late Introduction by nightAme

nightAme
07-01-2012, 12:32 AM
I'm no good at introductions, but here I am ^_^; Anyway, as stated in the title, I go by nightAme. I am 26 and still love anime, although I can say my tastes have matured (a bit) since I was younger. I am a huge fan of the Non-4-Kids One Piece, but I am falling behind. I LOVE shoujo or josei anime, usually because they make me cry. I discovered Kimi ni Todoke about a year ago, and fell in love with it (it's just waaay too cute), but I want to find something more mature (as in deeper character development, emotions, meanings, life lessons, etc.) I do play video games, but it is pretty much limited to the Final Fantasy series and other J-RPGs (the Star Ocean and Shadow Hearts series are awesome too). I like cooking, and have tried a few Japanese dishes from scratch. Maybe if I am feeling confident enough, I'll post pics in the appropriate forum.. I think I have rambled on enough. I hope to make some nice friends here! ~ja ne <3

Ranshiin
07-01-2012, 05:54 AM
Welcome. ^_^

If it might not be obvious, I'm the moderator of this particular part of the forum ... and especially that means that if you have any questions or problems then you can just send me a message and I can try and help you. :]

Also I have to say that you have to read the rules (http://www.animeforum.com/faq.php). Now if only I knew how to say this entire sentence correctly in Japanese ._. but I don't. I kinda suck at foreign languages, y'know? Probably worse than you say your introducing is (and it's not, btw. :3)

So... enjoy your stay. :]

threewolves
07-01-2012, 09:41 AM
Greetings and welcome to AF, nightAme. Lots of great people here on AF, I'm sure you will get lots of advice on new anime to try out according to your tastes. Looking forward to seeing some pics of what you do, when you decide to post some.

Never to old for anime, but yes, tastes will change. :)

Enjoy and have fun.

Jacob's Ladder
07-01-2012, 12:39 PM
nightAme
Welcome to the AF. For someone not good at intros. you did a great job. :). I like cooking too, most of the time it's trying out a recipe I found online. Never been a big nut for One Piece...not that I don't like it.

Hope you have fun here, if you like drawing please don't hesitate posting your artwork. And take time to view our works as well...let us know what you think. Also, there's plenty of Dr. Pepper in the fridge help yourself. :)

Jasanime
07-01-2012, 02:55 PM
OMG hi! We are the same age so lets be friends, ok? As for more mature and serious anime I would recommend Steins;Gate, Honey and Clover, Clannad, Gantz, Angel Beats!, Elfen Lied, Gunslinger girl, Eden of the East and if you're not opposed to yaoi, Sekaiichi Hatsukoi.

~*Red*~
07-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Hello there and welcome to AF :D

I hope you'll enjoy your time here!

nightAme
07-01-2012, 10:27 PM
Ranshiin:

Thank you for the helpful link! It has answered most of my questions so far.

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

Greetings and welcome to AF, nightAme. Lots of great people here on AF, I'm sure you will get lots of advice on new anime to try out according to your tastes. Looking forward to seeing some pics of what you do, when you decide to post some.

Never to old for anime, but yes, tastes will change. :)

Enjoy and have fun.

Thank you for the warm welcome! I look forward to chatting with people here. ^_^

Thank you to everyone that has greeted me!

xMaTTx
07-02-2012, 12:53 PM
Welcome it's neat here and I hope you like it as much as I do :D (which is alot)
alway's something going on if you ask me.

Mugiwara-no-Basuke
07-02-2012, 05:19 PM
Welcome nightAme (http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?291779-nightAme), wish you enjoy AF a lot, it's full of interesting threads to discuss and also a lot of cool people to talk with, take care! :D