PDA

View Full Version : Signature of the Week #92 Theme

Bulf
06-30-2012, 09:33 PM

For those new to this, just PM me your entry, and keep "Animegalleries.net" on your entry.

Theme: Collabs!
Collabs! Either from AF or otherwise.

Entry Rules:

1) Your signature must be at least 200 by 80 pixels, and no larger than 500 by 250 pixels, the files must be saved as a PNG file. Verticals are allowed as well.
2) Entries are due on the date of Saturday, July 7th, 2012.
3) All entries must have the text ‘AnimeGalleries.net’ on them for.
4) By entering in this contest, you are allowing AnimeGalleries.net the right to use your signature for promotional reasons or otherwise.

Other Rules:

1) Ellipsis is not responsible for your entry following the contest’s theme or following any other above rules. If you have ANY questions pertaining to this contest, please PM Interrobang or Observer and your question will be swiftly answered.

2) Themes are up to your own interpretation, and should be handled as such. Questions, comments, concerns, etc, regarding the theme or Signature of the Week in general will be answered here.

3) This contest is ANONYMOUS. Any discussions of entering, voting, deadlines, other otherwise will result in your entry and future participation within this contest being revoked.

4) You are allowed only one (1) entry for this contest. The entry must be specifically made for this contest only, and may not be posted anywhere else on the internet until the voting ends. You are allowed to make necessary edits to your entry, when sending it, please label your new entry PM “SOTW 92 Edit.”

5) Rules are subject to change.

Rainbow Crash
06-30-2012, 10:20 PM
WELP... I no longer know any offsite GFX'ers on any personal or even distant level. So I'll sit this one out :S

.Tatty.
06-30-2012, 11:10 PM
How are you possibly going to regulate this?

Bulf
07-01-2012, 12:40 AM
How are you possibly going to regulate this?

I'm mostly going on hope that everyone'll just go for it :p
Not that I really expect any entries or anything.

.Tatty.
07-01-2012, 12:57 AM
No no what I'm saying is how can you confirm someone has collabed with someone else and not just said "hyack hyack i made this with John Smith here ahurhurhur" when they did it single handedly?

Theres a hundred different ways people can cheat or bend the rules here, and I wouldn't put it past a select few.

Why not just make it general collabs? Doesn't have to be "off site" or as I coined it "off to go cheat" collabs.

Simply, "collab" can be with someone on AF or with solid conformation someone offsite.

THE MIND BOGGLES!

Rainbow Crash
07-01-2012, 08:46 AM
I'm mostly going on hope that everyone'll just go for it :p
Not that I really expect any entries or anything.

Wait wait wait.... Why WOULD you pick a theme that you already do not expect any entries on? Isn't that counter productive? Shouldn't it be a theme that you do expect entries for from the get go? I mean this doesn't make any sense. Sure a theme should pose somewhat of a challenge, and get people out of their comfortable little boxes from time to time. But I really don't see how an off-site collab will really help with that, considering the fact that many of us may not know any GFX'ers we can personally ask for them to help us out with this favor.

I also do agree with Tatty's regulation concerns as well....

But for the love of AF, would you PLEASE drop the cheating issue. It's need not something you need to worry about. No need to bring it up every month.. If you have concerns with cheating, please PM a mod/admin and express your concerns privately as it is a serious matter not suited for open and public SOTW discussion. .Tatty.

Bulf
07-01-2012, 01:08 PM
Wait wait wait.... Why WOULD you pick a theme that you already do not expect any entries on? Isn't that counter productive? Shouldn't it be a theme that you do expect entries for from the get go? I mean this doesn't make any sense. Sure a theme should pose somewhat of a challenge, and get people out of their comfortable little boxes from time to time. But I really don't see how an off-site collab will really help with that, considering the fact that many of us may not know any GFX'ers we can personally ask for them to help us out with this favor.

But for the love of AF, would you PLEASE drop the cheating issue. It's need not something you need to worry about. No need to bring it up every month.. If you have concerns with cheating, please PM a mod/admin and express your concerns privately as it is a serious matter not suited for open and public SOTW discussion. .Tatty.

I suppose so. I'll just leave it as normal collabs then, though I'm not really expecting much from that either :p

Middy
07-01-2012, 05:18 PM
No no what I'm saying is how can you confirm someone has collabed with someone else and not just said "hyack hyack i made this with John Smith here ahurhurhur" when they did it single handedly?

Theres a hundred different ways people can cheat or bend the rules here, and I wouldn't put it past a select few.

Why not just make it general collabs? Doesn't have to be "off site" or as I coined it "off to go cheat" collabs.

Simply, "collab" can be with someone on AF or with solid conformation someone offsite.

THE MIND BOGGLES!

There are hundreds of different ways to cheat or bend the rules in any SotW contest.

How can you confirm whether or not a user actually made the signature he entered? What if he ripped it?

How can you confirm that a user in the running for 1st place doesn't intentionally throw his vote, passing over the best entry to vote for one that has no chance at winning?

SotW is suppose to be fun, not stressful. Moreover, it's a gentleman's contest.
Unless you implement impartial judges (and a slew of other rules, like sending in .psds) the contest will always depend on having honest participants.

I think you completely missed his point, that being that given last weeks lack of entries, he doesn't have high expectations for this week, regardless of theme

GameGeeks
07-01-2012, 10:18 PM
Middy There's some things that can be used to check for ripping. Least of which is Google Image. Case in (https://www.google.com/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZiv_1Mx8jhxd4J-LOly9Yf6OPbLamgWWnvoMGP1JEx-1d7CmfT-fVmHw_10YoEeOdWdXMLkiK9B_1ZtBjIbDtAH2zoDXi9lrVIIVj _1ekKm-7VpVrmhtpYxCVg5yE8gd2qjiDqibLBaf_17Xtjq8Ng-_1MVq9UjYqjje5tQUdecX7C1jkXbX9RkQcHrbqk7yEDG9AR6g9 cNUUqRX_1NcbZ04qqY0XzcW8GuIqxBAfFJTMCwaE7cGdi6cF6d luFF7GTAGcTey7SHdHzTMmWiWViBP_1pxfqiIwFnL-8bwYhRLsBPOcEAbRNMlAO21TKd-zijK_10kK9RFg3okY2mRaui2VVc98JyvuCuQBDBQOnJpBr9L5f egqaF1Eqv5zSYOz6mtTEY0kt9P2vYDqqV_1p_1OSVb7zSKqw8W JKIPlRT8bEU4wToxPpeDuoh5bsAalE-zB0ozCFDSTpLc34jmuUJ8WjruxFdHzEtdoZsEYtHKfKpafAPbu _1gtsD5HKHTffw6v_1V_1XrHmYoh1rltHYv-rrvd_130QB5cncQd0TZ4JrZYHSbDcbtZnwZyp5g04T3I8VB0lA zuFL8Gy8NMOZKtvHeFb_1TqH4PfxdTc1GwxwsonFYhEXP_1r2U YeirKzuFFV-GGfgBz4vGK00tPLXhzZHbQGM1gAPTIwPddYqVXjbuQu6DTEr8E UxF543CCSa3u_1bcNWG-DHNmY54IRJCtFyGBWIvymm6N-HH1e-ed8n6ODSe2OhXUXIhKoj6g0_1R6zLjPIYOYShoJBMB2L3vIDKU SIfJwKduF6bKQ1L0MOtXYlKu-KGlNJh5r6WTxv6u_17Y-trdr6HU0P75pPkvKVBnm_1Iy-k-tmPOMLQIxeoRlACxEd5vqbLdMyPNIqeI6ZhHkv9ozUzHNOSV8x sNYdV91bmigfYH2V7pffTVzjLJqwSKVo1q99utfAwcS9GKpdzr iY-sPTZtKSPc-yMU1Jv2IqcFWue8CpOdjSUlqIlXOC5BZF539gFntnznB1hmqTD FUUnSv42Y5FGFUitWbumTsxB_1Ullw0BjO809QvzFamPhIOZev 7EsJ6y4C9GZZZBvCsMGBgofPjw31ArR6-BMR_1LkY0xuVNPSyB0x7YxC_1ZaufuWkJtQVVPLHWDrmjfrued w6SvI2_1VF_1StI02f47SXYs0FC1X9-pmkANKkxol6mHzZI5eu8mTIOx9ybk6Xbkx1qaK5MH-ftBcl3d1nz_18bAcgDNzQMfmeeM7N4b3Wy24y-q_1TCSFcaPyN_1gptcF8hNocsxmEc-yBLmnOTskYVSMDg47S3QoQ0ScYFM5BJDzOUHZJxIVh9RT4MCGR jllvJQAquzJ41gsMQgPuQHTq&num=10&hl=en&bih=844&biw=1280) point. While not fail proof it does offer a quick search of it and cuts down on any chance of it. Though yeah, it's supposed to be fun and a learning experience.

Ayu 「あゆ」
07-01-2012, 10:45 PM
I am kind of confused in how this collab thing works.

GameGeeks
07-01-2012, 10:49 PM
I am kind of confused in how this collab thing works.
You each work on one sig and pass the psd back and forth.

Ayu 「あゆ」
07-01-2012, 10:58 PM
Ah ok. Well if someone wants to be my partner, PM me and also let me know if you want to pass on the PSD thru email and such.

.Tatty.
07-02-2012, 01:49 AM
Middy you said it tounge and cheek but thats a PERFECT idea, send in your PSDs (and GIMP equivalent) for every SoTW.

Bulf
07-02-2012, 02:35 PM
...yeah, I dont think it's that serious.
It's not like we're winning anything, so I don't see any reason to get so serious about this. And even if they sent .PSD's, they could be from a psd pack, or just made by a friend/relative. So, there's really no way of knowing either way :p I'll just hope everyone just plays for fun and decides not to cheat.

Meenah
07-02-2012, 02:55 PM
...yeah, I dont think it's that serious.
It's not like we're winning anything, so I don't see any reason to get so serious about this. And even if they sent .PSD's, they could be from a psd pack, or just made by a friend/relative. So, there's really no way of knowing either way :p I'll just hope everyone just plays for fun and decides not to cheat.

Ah so a relative can be an acception? Sounds real interesting and two, I don't get why would anyone cheat on something that is supposed to be for a fun purpose. :/

Archaic Devices
07-02-2012, 07:20 PM
Looks like some people got their jimmies rustled.

Rainbow Crash
07-03-2012, 01:04 AM
Looks like some people got their jimmies rustled.

http://rustledmyjimmies.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/One-Does-Not-Simply-Rustle-my-Jimmies.jpg