PDA

View Full Version : Noir Wall- Kirika

NebbyTheEX-Parrot
05-26-2004, 11:33 AM
:unsure: I hope the cutout on this one isn't bad quality too. xx' My laptop makes everything look awful, even ones I KNOW aren't. I wanted to go for a more grungy and dark look for this one. I got the image off the official Noir website, I've used images off there before and they're pretty nice quality, @@ I hope this one isn't an exception. I'm not sure how the semi-outline of her happened, but I kinda like it.

I resized it to 800X600 so it'd be easier to load.

_hades the wicked
05-26-2004, 11:41 AM
I don't like it... Too dirty, even the image.

Himura Enishi
05-26-2004, 03:02 PM
wow DD, how about a suggestion instead of bashing the wall..........Though the picture is pretty iffy, i dont know if you wanted al the lines on the character, but that is prbly gonna have to go, and maybe making the bg a lighter color in order to see the nice design, keep working on it ;)

Gjallarhorn
05-26-2004, 03:37 PM
hm...take away the lines from kirika...maybe make the b/g lighter...um...i thnk thats all...

hm...could u give me the url for the noir site u got the image from?

_hades the wicked
05-26-2004, 04:43 PM
Well, I said it's too dirty... Doesn't that give you ideas?
OK, let me put it a way that you will understand as "nice"...
"I think the image is too dark and too dirty, maybe you should make it lighter and make the char more visible. Also the background is barely noticeable. Thanks for you time reading this post that says exactly the same as my previous one, but with more words and being nicer."

Seyia
05-26-2004, 04:47 PM
looks good :D

escaflownemoon
05-26-2004, 05:42 PM
remove the lines on the character and possibley try putting it in the bg..but don't know if that will look good..like I said try. :) Other than that the bg is pretty cool.

NebbyTheEX-Parrot
05-26-2004, 07:07 PM
Here's my source image. It's a PNG file. As you can see the lines were already on her. Will get to work on making the BG lighter. xx; too often I find that what looks OK on my laptop is barely visible on another computer.

Project Noir-Official Site (http://www.projectnoir.com)

NebbyTheEX-Parrot
05-27-2004, 11:52 AM
Well, I upped the opacity to 100 instead of around 60 I think...I'm not quite sure how to go about getting rid of the lines. But anyway here's the next version.

escaflownemoon
05-27-2004, 05:29 PM
maybe try putting a wall behind would suit her better because the way she is leaning backward seems really hard to do in real life, maybe for a split sec, when dodging bullets..but right now she looks unsupported. :) hmm do you think the picture was already manipulated with lines..if so there might be an original scan of that..

_hades the wicked
05-27-2004, 08:12 PM
OK I'll tell you what is REALLY wrong... The lines in Kirika... That's what is just plain wrong... Plus the bg doesn't fit the wall...

Gjallarhorn
05-27-2004, 08:55 PM
the lines are part of the original image...i saw it on the site...

maybe make kirika a little brighter...thats all i can think of.....

NebbyTheEX-Parrot
05-27-2004, 09:35 PM
Well, I'm working on a new background, and I'm really liking it so far, as for the lines on Kirika, in my Noir artbook the lines are on her and on the t-shirt that came with the first DVD which has the same image on it. There's another image of Kirika in the leaping kind of position but I don't like it as much, I think the effect of this one is much better, with the way her gun is pointed and everything..

Ok, I scrapped the background in favor of a brick wall. I tried to make it look like there was a bunch of graffiti on said wall (which is why I used my drippy font) and I must say I like it a whole lot more than what I started with (even though Kirika still has all those lines on her) I also love the drop shadow I put on her and the lighting (kinda making it look like someone's shining a light on her) AND the smoke wisp coming from her gun barrel. Overall, I love this wall more than any other wall I've ever done.

Seyia
05-27-2004, 10:27 PM
well i like them all there all good unless well i'm not a animewallpaper i need the program for it let the Experts help :(

NebbyTheEX-Parrot
05-28-2004, 09:33 AM
Well, thanks for the comments but I posted it here to get critiqued, i'll never get better if I never pay attention to the suggestions from other people.

_hades the wicked
05-28-2004, 11:16 AM
... Then change the pic if that's the way it is...

NebbyTheEX-Parrot
05-28-2004, 12:04 PM
Yeah, I already have an image in mind that doesn't have lines all over it. Thing is, I'm afraid it might be too small. Oh well, I won't know unless I try it.

escaflownemoon
05-28-2004, 04:54 PM
you can enlarge it...I mean if you got a good quality scan..if you enlarge it, it wouldn't really make too much distortion and show the graininess..but if you do decide to keep this wall..I think the shadow is on the wrong side..but I could be wrong..hehe.

Foxxer
05-29-2004, 03:51 PM
I think the blur lines are okay, but I see on your source image they go all the way to the right, past the character. I think you should keep that - apply those blur lines over the background, so they don't look like only a part of the character. And I like your original octagonal background, but it's too dark (lighten it up just a little so the detail is more visible), and I think it might work better if it weren't perfectly centered. Play with the positioning of the background some, feel free to make it bigger. I don't like the text - it looks like someone said, 'ooh, I'll use THIS cool font.' And the text doesn't balance the picture. What if you put it on the same general horizontal line as the character's gun arm?