PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks Code Geass is actually better dubbed?

Volta
03-16-2012, 02:01 PM
For some of you who are Sub-For-Lifers, you'll beg to differ, but there are admirable traits about the English Dub, and believe it or not, it actually makes more sense.

In the simplest tense, Johnny Yong Bosch does an incredible job as Lelouch vi Britannia. Yuri Lowenthal does an awesome job as always as Suzaku Kururugi. CC's VA is okay, and to be honest, the rest of the characters are important, but the impact of their speaking tone isn't necessarily important. I thought Charles had a good VA as well as Euphemia (I think she has the same VA as Rukia Kuchiki and Yoko Littner, but I can't think of her name.)

But even more so, it makes more sense for Britannians to be English rather than Japanese. I believe "11's" before they would have been taken over by Britannia were taught how to speak English in school anyway, so they would likely know English. Its no doubt that the majority of the world in the Code Geass universe would speak English. And there is obviously no reason why Britannian royalty would be speaking Japanese to each other anyway.

What do you all think?

Väinämöinen
03-17-2012, 01:20 PM
I think Norio Wakamoto and Jouji Nakata are in the original audio and therefor nothing else can even come close.

Admiral Muffin
03-17-2012, 01:21 PM
Dub's fine but yeah Norio Wakamoto rules all.

Gero50
03-17-2012, 01:22 PM
I personally do not think the dub is better, but I will say that it is one of the better dubs out there for sure.

John Watson
03-17-2012, 02:08 PM
Yes! The dub is very good, in my opinion.

I'll take Lelouch's English voice actor, over his Japanese one anyday. >_>;

The English dub isnt butchered or bad at all. o.o

Reviewer03
04-04-2012, 04:38 PM
When Lelouch makes his proclamation on the Damocles:

Watch this scene in Japanese and English or Schneizels Japanese Voice.

CD is the type of anime which is better in Japanese

Ryuu No Kage
04-20-2012, 04:52 PM
I'm not a big fan of dub but I didn't really mind the english dub of code geass

KillerDragonX
04-21-2012, 01:39 AM
I dont know, I kinda like the japanese voice actor for Lelouch but that's just me lol

Miss Manipulation
04-22-2012, 12:48 AM
The English dub is tolerable but I don't think it's better than that of the Japanese. Perhaps its just me, but I think I'll always prefer the Japanese dub of an anime and Code Geass is no exception. But like I said, the english dub isn't so terrible. I can tolerate it.

Tipttt
07-01-2012, 03:44 PM
I find the japanese to be much better. The accent everyone uses to pronounce names, especially Lelouch, sounds very wrong to my ear. Also, English Lelouch sounds like a 16 year old that's trying real hard to be intimidating rather than someone who actually deserves to rule.

MariannaB
07-16-2012, 11:21 PM
I LOVE the Japanese voice for Lelouch, but I also really like the dub. I think the dub for Code Geass to be a lot better than some dubs I have heard. Example: The Azumanga Daioh dub makes me want to curl up in a corner and cry.

Mirrai
01-30-2013, 12:12 PM

In the simplest tense, Johnny Yong Bosch does an incredible job as Lelouch vi Britannia.

What do you all think?

I agree with this statement ~ :3
Lelouch's voice in English was the best!

Otonashii
01-30-2013, 05:33 PM
Dub was good.. But not AS good as the sub

Thefringedninja
01-31-2013, 02:28 PM
I've only watched it subbed. Yuri's (Suzaku) voice is just...I can't even...
But, I've heard than Jun Fukuyama is Lelouch in the subbed and he is one of my favourite seiyuus, so I may rewatch it in subbed.

TadashiED
01-31-2013, 03:53 PM
I actually watched this one dubbed and I consider it one the only two that I prefer dubbed over subbed (the other being BECK).

Digimon__Sommelier
02-04-2013, 04:40 PM
I've only ever seen it dubbed in English. Therefore I can't mark out particular distinctions between the quality of the dubs and the raws.

. . . Good night, everybody. :)

My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .