PDA

View Full Version : [Other] Report of an Al Qaeda made propaganda anime/cartoon in progress.

Videogamer555
02-28-2012, 01:08 PM
I heard that Al Qaeda is making an anime or cartoon to promote terrorism. Some suspect it just is an edit of an already existing show. Original news story I read is at:
http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/07/21/al-qaeda-creates-cartoon-to-inspire-future-terrorists/

A trailer (or the closest thing to a trailer) for it can be found at:
http://www.archive.org/details/CartoonFilm&reCache=1

If anyone here has more info on this I'd be interested to hear about it. In fact I'd like to watch it myself (though I don't proscribe to their ideology of terror, it would be interesting to see what kind of anime or cartoon they made, just for the heck of watching it). If it was just an edit of an already existing show, what show was edited to make it? Yes the story is a bit old but I just discovered it, and would hope to get a bit more info on it (like if it's still in production or has already finished being produced or has been canceled).

----Post added 1:08 PM 02/28/2012----

bump

DeathBlade/13.666
02-28-2012, 09:01 PM
Interesting. It's not like no military or political figure/organization/force has done this before. I do side with the parents that are in outrage though. It's almost like seeing a promo vid for someone shooting up their school, but made to look like G.I. Joe. In my opinion, but I'm fairly biased being that I'm ex-U.S. military.

Digimon__Sommelier
02-29-2012, 12:56 PM
If this garbage has been confirmed, then this is unacceptable and too extreme (but considering who we're talking about here...). Sadly (very much so) in the long run, this "compelling" cartoon probably won't be stopped/canceled. If North Korea can teach their nation's kids to hate the U.S. through school books, then think of the ape-shitake mind control that this proposed series could cause on innocent young ones, and the parents watching the program with the kids too! I don't like the sounds of this. "Peace On Earth" is the end of this sentence... sorta.

Your Wi-Fi, it's blown out...

darkrider21
03-02-2012, 06:50 PM
lets just hope if it ever airs that there are no suicide bombers in the anime. AIEYEYA*BOOM!*

zupinu2000
03-03-2012, 09:21 PM
... no comment

Furore
03-04-2012, 08:05 AM
Oh hell yes. The thought of watching a poorly drawn bunch of terrorists with subtitled screams of 'KILL THE INFIDEL' amongst other things sounds like an epic laugh. If people find this hilarious it may very well be counter-productive to their aims.

UltimateMegaCannon
03-27-2012, 12:49 PM
I hope that someone releases some footage of this. I gotta see this. Sounds funny.

Munchman
03-29-2012, 01:15 PM
Dont see why people are getting so angry about this... In western media killing terrorists is always portrayed and no one gets mad about it...

DeathBlade/13.666
03-29-2012, 01:58 PM
Dont see why people are getting so angry about this... In western media killing terrorists is always portrayed and no one gets mad about it...Because bad guys are never supposed to win. I'm sure they have the same qualms with being the bad guys in our propaganda.

Munchman
03-29-2012, 02:18 PM
Because bad guys are never supposed to win. I'm sure they have the same qualms with being the bad guys in our propaganda.

Exactly... While to us they are the bad guys , to them they are fighting for justice and for what they believe is good. So to them, we are the bad guys.

DeathBlade/13.666
03-29-2012, 02:25 PM
Exactly... While to us they are the bad guys , to them they are fighint for justice and for what they believe is good. So to them, we are the bad guys.

And such is life in war.

ItsMeMario
04-09-2012, 10:55 PM
Someone's gotta have more info on this, right?