PDA

View Full Version : Songs from your childhood

ACBlackJ0ck
02-08-2012, 05:12 AM
What songs did you listen a lot as a kid?

For me:
Captain Jack - Captain Jack
Vengaboys - Boom Boom Boom Boom
Aqua - Barbie Girl
Dee Lite - Groove is in The Heart
Shaggy - It Wasn't Me

So pretty much, a lot of cheesy 90's songs :p

Saeriel
02-08-2012, 05:20 AM
I remember I grew up listening to my dad play music. Stuff like Hotel California (The Eagles), Piano Man (Billy Joel), Rainy Night in Georgia, Cousin Mary, Stairway to Heaven, Greensleeves, etc, and then on the piano the classic stuff - like Beethoven, Chopin, etc. I particularly remember the Moonlight Sonata and Fur Elise. A lot of the music I don't even know the names or artists of.

And then on the other end of the spectrum was my mom and sister listening to Eminem and other more popular, current rock/rap/pop artists, and basically anything in between, though few I actually remember specifically.

Dorian Gray
02-08-2012, 11:58 AM
Songs from the Backstreet Boys - It was popular back then.
Songs from The Beatles because my mom used to listen to them in the car.
The Pokémon theme song - Everyone knew the lyrics to it.

John Watson
02-08-2012, 12:37 PM
Larger Than Life - Backstreet Boys
Every Spice Girls song
The Sailor Moon theme song~ ♥
The Game of Love - Michelle Branch - Omg the memories! ♥
Ace of Base - I Saw The sign
Dont Speak - No Doubt
Sonique - Feels So Good

-akichan-
02-08-2012, 12:43 PM
All the songs from the 90's!!!

To be specific:

Christina Aguilera: Reflection, Genie In The Bottle
Backstreet Boys: Get Down, I Want It That Way (Gosh I love their hairstyles back then!!!)
98 Degrees: I Do
M2M: Pretty Boys

There are too many that I can't name all XD

Oh one more thing, there's nothing wrong with listening to the 90's songs cos at least the old songs made more sense to me =) I love them so much!
Maybe I'm getting old....

ACBlackJ0ck
02-09-2012, 04:08 AM
I just remembered one I listened to a lot. It was Sweet Like Chocolate by Shanks & Bigfoot

Musaki
02-09-2012, 04:41 PM
Well growing up without parents I had listen music with my brother who took care of me
the house of rising sun
Stairway to heaven
thunderstruck
beutiful people
sweet dreams
Chocalote star fish
highway to hell

Matty
02-10-2012, 04:27 AM
Well let's see.... an older sister, so boy bands! Lol. All the way from Backstreet Boys, to the early Usher.

Music that I first started listening to on my own was:

*Billy Talent (First Album)
*Gorillaz (First Album, and Demon days)
*Gwen Steffani (What you waiting for single)
*Three days Grace (Not an Emo lover; I just really liked their sound back in the day. Hate them now, lol; but it was still one of my favs.)
*Lastly; Metric. (All their singles; I'm still a HUGE fan of them. One of my childhood bands that I got stuck on.)

Screwby
02-10-2012, 05:20 AM
É uma partida de futebol - Skank
Rock the House - Gorillaz
Marcha Turca - Mozart

Matty
02-15-2012, 02:55 AM
Another one a vaguely remember..... I'll post the lyric:

"finish your whisky or beer and let you out into the world. I know who I want to take me home. I know who I want to take me home."

That's all I remember from it, lol.

darkrider21
04-24-2012, 08:27 PM
i rember hearing free falling.t.l.c dont go chasing water falls and some backsteat boys when i was younger

blueangel06661
04-24-2012, 08:46 PM
Pretty much everything listed in here

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQkaUPbg3RBCspzfStgjSGldLkMfROrf SByCxqQOzDBmPhhOcgEjbV4zD4

Unfortunately I still listen to it all so I don't think it counts as songs from my childhood... I'm not afraid to roll down my window and blast backstreet boys.. In fact when backstreet boys comes on my ipod I roll down my window just so people can reminisce at such awesome memories of the craze like I do.

And for some reason, for years "it wasn't me" always played while I rode this particular ride at the fair

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/files/starship_2000_-_tn_state_fair_-_2011.jpg

Explorer Oak
04-24-2012, 09:56 PM
What songs did you listen a lot as a kid?

For me:
Captain Jack - Captain Jack
Vengaboys - Boom Boom Boom Boom
Aqua - Barbie Girl
Dee Lite - Groove is in The Heart
Shaggy - It Wasn't Me

So pretty much, a lot of cheesy 90's songs :p

Not cheesy at all man, thats good stuff! Screw all the mainstream crap they're playing these days. Makes me ashamed of living in this generation.. Sombody kill me.

BloodPrincess
04-25-2012, 06:19 AM
well thanks to my dad i listened a lot of 50's, 60's and 80's music stuff like beach boys, queen, abba, the beatles, alice cooper and so on. i cant remember the names of most of the older ones but i did enjoy them :P i remember loving some song about colonel custer and a song called jump in my car or something lol

Makoto Shishio
04-25-2012, 01:08 PM
Cheap Trick/ Meat Loaf then a week later Rolling Stones were my cherry popping concerts when i was a little kid so I will go with them.

nanashipiero
04-25-2012, 01:24 PM
Ah, this brings back memories.

I grew up listening to a lot of 70's and 80's artists, like Heart, John Cougar, AC/DC, ABBA, Led Zeppelin and the like.

Munchman
04-25-2012, 01:44 PM
Dont kill me for this , but i used to like Maroon 5 and even Nickelback...

nanashipiero
04-25-2012, 02:34 PM
Dont kill me for this , but i used to like Maroon 5 and even Nickelback...

I still do! Well, the only song I really like from Maroon 5 is She Will Be Loved.

Princess Cupcake
04-25-2012, 03:38 PM
I used to listen to Britney Spears (had almost all of her CDs), Pink, Avril Lavigne, Hilary Duff, Christina Aguilera, and my Disney music cassette tape. Oooo, and Blink 182. Still listening to thems ;D