PDA

View Full Version : :) Jacob's Art...Comments welcome.

Jacob's Ladder
01-20-2012, 08:32 PM
Ok here are my drawings.

These are early rough sketches of my original character Tyson..just simple poses.

These are more current drawings of my story, a bio-organic city on the moon and one of the last 5 Guardians.

These are so many different designs for my original characters Reina and Bethany....sigh they'll more than likely change again.

This is Kayla, the younger sister to Reina. She will also be in my story and as you can tell, she won't be a very nice character.

These are Clare and Theresa from Claymore as Super Heroes.

This is Tohya Miho from Fred Gallagher's MegaTokyo

Mr. Panda
01-21-2012, 02:52 PM
I like what you were trying to do, but for some reason it didn't work out for me.

The not as good pointers:
- There's too much of a controversy and contrast between the head and the rest of the body. The body is nicely shaped, but the head you put on it doesn't fit it at all. The head is too manga-like, the body is too cartoon-like. Not to mention they give off two different vibes.
- Konata's head is too sweet and cute. If you wanted to make her sexier, you should've given her different eyes and more sensual lips.
- The right leg is a bit too small in comparison to the left one, but it's a minor detail, really
- The right arm seems to be shorter than the left one if you put it in that position. I'm sure you didn't mean it like that, but it looks a bit awkward.
- The lack of background/foreground makes it unappealing to me, especially as a Christmas card! You could've added a shade of red, some shadows or even some decorations around.

The much better pointers:
- You have a very good understanding of anatomy. I like the way you've shaped Konata's legs, breasts and her entire silhouette!
- The colouring is nicely done. You clearly have an understanding on how colouring pencils work and how you should use them. I can see you've taken light and shadow into account, which is always a +1 in my booklet.

Things you may want to look into:
- Try to stick to one general style for now. Perhaps it was your intention to combine Konata's cuteness factor and add it into a sensual picture, but it didn't work out because the cuteness in this picture breaks down the sexiness. A good example of combining sexy and cute would be for example: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_DMXxB0A9hFI/TQTvHNpiTmI/AAAAAAAACzQ/UV2dWdxvNtE/s1600/christmas%252Bsanta%252Bgir%252Banme.jpg (Ho ho, I hope SOPA won't hurt me!)

All in all, this is just my opinion. Feel free to look into it or, not. :o
I really want to see your digital version. Be sure to update it when you're done with it!

Morgane
01-21-2012, 11:55 PM
It's pretty cute !~

I love the way you colour it ! except that ...the head and body don't fit together !

Anyway, you are far better than some people I know ~

Jacob's Ladder
01-22-2012, 04:15 PM
I like what you were trying to do, but for some reason it didn't work out for me.

All in all, this is just my opinion. Feel free to look into it or, not. :o

I really want to see your digital version. Be sure to update it when you're done with it!

Thanks Helvetica, I really appreciate the honest critique. :). Yeah, there were a lot of errors in this one as I only had 3 days ti complete it before Christmas. Since I'm going to be digitally re-doing this, I can make an attempt to change and correct the issues relevant in it. The only thing is I don't know if I want to mess with the dress coloring...it came out way better than I thought it would. I hate coloring, lol.
-------

It's pretty cute !~

I love the way you colour it ! except that ...the head and body don't fit together !

Anyway, you are far better than some people I know ~
Thank you so much Morgane, coming from you it means a lot. Yeah, Im going to try to correct the issues , in the drawing. (what I wouldn't give for 1/2 of your talent) Im happy you like the coloring...even though I think I suck at it. I'll post some more when I can.

AnimeFrost
01-22-2012, 04:44 PM
Dang this is pretty good :)

Jacob's Ladder
01-22-2012, 05:42 PM
Dang this is pretty good :)

Thank you so much!

catie
01-26-2012, 09:12 AM
*claps* That looks very good, Jacob's Ladder. And I don't find the coloring bad at all. Did you draw it with a reference?

Jacob's Ladder
01-26-2012, 12:48 PM
*claps* That looks very good, Jacob's Ladder. And I don't find the coloring bad at all. Did you draw it with a reference?

Thank you so much...and no reference was used for the actual drawing, only to make sure that Konata's look was correct. I wanted to give her a mature look...because her character is rather "young"...just didn't set well with me in the way I wanted to draw it.

CCpotter
01-29-2012, 09:48 PM
Nice work buddy, even though it's not that mature enough but definitely much better than mine! Hope you can stick in there and we wanna see your progress together

Jacob's Ladder
01-31-2012, 09:27 PM
Nice work buddy, even though it's not that mature enough but definitely much better than mine! Hope you can stick in there and we wanna see your progress together

Thanks CC,if you want to see some of my art check out my old account, http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?104590-SolidArmor-s-WIP&highlight=

iamdragon
01-31-2012, 11:59 PM
I know how much difficult you face to draw this post.because this not your style ,,that's way you found your self mix up between manga and comic .but as I can see you don great job.
with Some justified errors.if you look to the face you can see how much cut and showing anime Spirit . but in the other hand the body showing comic style and that which you don it perfectly.
as you know I am not that good with colour so I'm not in place to say any thing about it .but the shadow,,,,, lights ,,,,,the chosen colour it's awesome.

Jacob's Ladder
02-01-2012, 12:57 AM
Deleted by me.

iamdragon
02-02-2012, 06:18 AM
please Allow me to post here just to Explains what I try say ..
you know I'm not good at comic but I just tell you some efferents I know.

Jacob's Ladder
02-02-2012, 12:25 PM
please Allow me to post here just to Explains what I try say ..
you know I'm not good at comic but I just tell you some efferents I know.

Any help is good help. You should know that I won't be upset if post something like that. You're a good friend trying to help me not to suck at drawing. So am I mixing them too much? You make it seem so easy, and thank you for your help. Was the second drawing just as bad?

iamdragon
02-02-2012, 03:45 PM
I glad to hear that. thank you
you know if you put your hand on her head ,,I mean cover her head and look at her body you will see 100% comic style which you done it perfectly, but if you cover her body you
will see anime style which give you on it 60%,,
the point not if your draw good or bad the problem is you done some thing the people see it as something weird,but you know I glad you back .no matter what you drawing ,keep it up ,you have talent.

Jacob's Ladder
02-02-2012, 07:40 PM
Sorry...

iamdragon
02-03-2012, 09:36 AM
now you are on the right way ..but you know unfinished job make the judgement very difficult but I am sure from one thing You are AMAZING

Jacob's Ladder
02-08-2012, 02:44 AM
now you are on the right way ..but you know unfinished job make the judgement very difficult but I am sure from one thing You are AMAZING
Thanks, much appreciated. I'll try to see if I have time to ink it.

aristyopramana
02-15-2012, 11:29 PM
wow. I like your art. It's look pretty and cute. keep your skill up^^

sorry about my bad english

^^'a

lirio22
03-05-2012, 12:00 AM
I loved your style! ^^
I think you just need to train some texturized shading!

Jacob's Ladder
03-05-2012, 02:16 PM
@lirio
I loved your style! ^^
I think you just need to train some texturized shading!
Thanks much for the kind words, and encouragement! Im only a novice when it comes to coloring. lol. But I'm willing to try new things...and take tips.

BluGru Mitsuo (Tori)
03-15-2012, 06:51 PM
now i remember! :D

Jacob's Ladder
03-15-2012, 10:17 PM
BMTHTori Thank you for remembering, and the kind words about Kayla and the Angel drawings. I really appreciate it.

Jasanime
03-16-2012, 01:54 AM
I like! Keep it up, I look forward to seeing more.

Jacob's Ladder
03-16-2012, 03:38 PM
I like! Keep it up, I look forward to seeing more.
Jasanime Thank you as well, any one of you particularly liked?

Jasanime
03-16-2012, 03:50 PM
Jasanime Thank you as well, any one of you particularly liked?

I liked the first one cos the colour looks great and cos I simply LOVE christmas! And also the second one, i'm a sucker for 'neko mimi'.

Jacob's Ladder
03-16-2012, 04:07 PM
I liked the first one cos the colour looks great and cos I simply LOVE christmas! And also the second one, i'm a sucker for 'neko mimi'.
Ha, I liked the Christmas Konata too...my friend Greg is nuts for her, and freaked when I gave him that drawing. Had it framed and matted for him. lol

Jasanime
03-16-2012, 04:11 PM
nice!

Miss Manipulation
03-22-2012, 08:43 PM
Am I allowed to ask you why you thought that your work was bad? These are wonderful! I'm especially fond of the second drawing in the first post and the detail you put into the fourth. Really, these are amazing! Your anatomy looks perfect, your lineart isn't messy, and your coloring is well. The only thing I'd say about that colored drawing in your post is to watch the distance between the eyes. Other than that, you're doing wonderfully! Do keep up the good work!

Jacob's Ladder
03-27-2012, 11:10 PM
Move along...nothing to see here...

Miss Manipulation
04-01-2012, 02:06 PM
And it's true. She is beautiful! This one looks like a piece that is meant to be colored, if you ever get the time to do so. Unfortunately (or, actually, fortunately) I'm having a bit of trouble critiquing this. I can't find a flaw! Great work. I do hope to see more of your artwork in the future.

Jacob's Ladder
04-01-2012, 02:30 PM
Miss Manipulation Thank you so much! I was so tired when doing this one, and I actually like the way it came out. It feels more "anime/manga"esque..ha. The eyes, expression, and pose just clicked. I would love to see it colored, but I suck at coloring...just luck out some times.

And I'm really glad you like it, and appreciate the encouragement.

Rozenberg
04-20-2012, 10:22 AM
let's see...
I think you have some problems with the body structure and head
well you'll have to fix it a little bit :D

but I like your lineart
it's neat!

Chi The Sweet
04-20-2012, 01:41 PM
really good..so cutwe!!!

Gyzra
04-20-2012, 04:43 PM
I like your work =] It's like a fusion between Marvel/DC style and modern manga/anime. My favourites are pheonix and Kayla =]

Jacob's Ladder
04-26-2012, 07:28 PM
let's see...
I think you have some problems with the body structure and head
well you'll have to fix it a little bit :D

but I like your lineart
it's neat!
Yeah, ok I'll look into that. Thank you for the input, be sure to watch the perspective angles in your work too. :)

really good..so cute!!!
Thanks so much, which one did you like best? :)

I like your work =] It's like a fusion between Marvel/DC style and modern manga/anime. My favourites are pheonix and Kayla =]
*Hugz* I've been trying to get the 2 styles together, as Joe Madureria, Don Figueroa, and J. Scott Campbell are my favorite artists. Thank you so much I appreciate it bunches, the 2 you like are mine as well. I'm trying to get my style like the 3 artists mentioned...but it's really hard. As you could see, my style is all over the place.

.SophieChan~
04-27-2012, 09:31 AM
Well i like the first one .. :)

Jacob's Ladder
04-27-2012, 11:23 AM
Well i like the first one .. :)
Thank you...I really don't like coloring, cuz I feel like I suck at it...but this came out ok. I'll post a really early one that I colored too.

Chi The Sweet
04-27-2012, 01:05 PM
all ..of them of course youre a really good artist!!!

Jacob's Ladder
04-27-2012, 01:42 PM
all ..of them of course youre a really good artist!!!
*Hugz*

yanarii
05-02-2012, 01:16 PM
nice works! :) and i like the coloring too, its really nice..
yeah, your style did change, but its still nice though,.
my drawing style depends on my mood, it changes according to it.
how 'bout yours?
do you change it voluntarily from time to time? :)

Jacob's Ladder
05-02-2012, 01:29 PM
nice works! :) and i like the coloring too, its really nice..
yeah, your style did change, but its still nice though,.
my drawing style depends on my mood, it changes according to it.
how 'bout yours?
do you change it voluntarily from time to time? :)

Thank you so much. My style has never been tied to the way I feel. It just never seems to be the same with each drawing...though some things will look the same like eyes, or noses. I try keeping my style the same...but my hands or imagination won't let me.

LeiLori
05-02-2012, 01:45 PM
I love your work!

Jacob's Ladder
05-02-2012, 01:49 PM
I love your work!
Thank you so much. Any one in particular you like most? Any changes or recommendations, you like to see? :)

Jacob's Ladder
05-08-2012, 12:34 AM
*Poof*

Morgane
05-08-2012, 03:25 AM
keep it up ! you are goood !

Jacob's Ladder
05-08-2012, 07:15 AM
keep it up ! you are goood !

Hey there...where have you been hiding?? Thanks...it can be way better and it will. Was just so bored at work. Pm me with what you've been up to. ;)

Suzume
05-09-2012, 10:17 AM
Jacob's Ladder Nice drawings. They look really pretty :D

Jacob's Ladder
05-09-2012, 01:13 PM
Jacob's Ladder Nice drawings. They look really pretty :D

Thank you so much. Are there any you like more than others? Any changes you'd like to see?

LeiLori
05-10-2012, 01:03 PM
Thank you so much. Any one in particular you like most? Any changes or recommendations, you like to see? :)

My favorite is the picture you did your senior year. And the christmas drawing too! Have you tried drawing a hula dancer? Just curious. I bet you'd draw an amazing hawaiian hula dancer :)

Sizary Momo
05-10-2012, 11:03 PM
I love the christmas one!^^
How about making a halloween
one,if it wouldn't be too much to
ask....

Jacob's Ladder
05-10-2012, 11:37 PM
Here is gone...

Jasanime
05-11-2012, 07:06 PM
Here's an updated fan art sketching, I worked on Usagi's nose and eyes. I also added Mari to the page. No references were used, so it made it hard to do. Usagi took 4 days on/off to finish, Mari only took 2...FTW.

Wow this is great! I love the detail, and Usagi's eyes are gorgeous. The only thing I'd do differently is maybe make Usagi's lips a little smaller. I hope I can be this good one day.

Sizary Momo
05-11-2012, 07:34 PM
I can try a Halloween drawing, just need some time. Thanks so much, it was the cheapest gift I gave. lol

Here's an updated fan art sketching, I worked on Usagi's nose and eyes. I also added Mari to the page. No references were used, so it made it hard to do. Usagi took 4 days on/off to finish, Mari only took 2...FTW.

You should have an anime drawing class in my Anime Artists group^^

Jacob's Ladder
05-11-2012, 08:35 PM
You should have an anime drawing class in my Anime Artists group^^
Im not that good...*blush*...there are members here better suited to teaching how to draw. It's nothing but learning the fundamental basics, and practicing as much as possible. And trust me I've gone thru some long dry spells between drawings and it shows. I really appreciate the kind words, but if you just assert yourself you can be way better than myself.

[------------------------]

Wow this is great! I love the detail, and Usagi's eyes are gorgeous. The only thing I'd do differently is maybe make Usagi's lips a little smaller. I hope I can be this good one day. Yeah, figured as much about Usagi's mouth...but on paper it looks ok. I really appreciate the honest critiques, and I'll fix her mouth and post it back tomorrow. Also, I told Momo above, just keep practicing. You both obviously have the talent, and please don't compare your skill to mine. We all have areas that can use improving, with me it's pretty much everything. Lol As well we all have different styles and ways of drawing. You will both get to the point that you're better than me...and just keep drawing. :)

Morgane
05-11-2012, 10:14 PM
I already saw how you improve the sailormoon ... but well, it's as you said every drawing got some mistakes depends on how you want to see them ...
if you say it's a Da Vinci or a Jacob Ladder's paint, then we can critize since it's rumoured to be perfection !
if you say it's an early Jacob's drawing same we can critize too much cuz' it's a beginner who made them : we won't wish to be tooo hard on you.

- so if you really want my opinion I dae say it might be harder to those you had before, but well, you have skills : you will improve.

p.s: I'm very hard on myself ...too (once I cried and throw at the bin a whole chapter I just made just be beacuse I was satified enough with the quality of my drawings)

Princess Cupcake
05-12-2012, 12:10 AM
I said that I would give you my feedback and I always keep my promises so here it is!

I think you possess real talent as an artist. Your drawings are unique in style and you have a knack for sketching. I usually won't bother with concept art but I think it's a good idea especially for those who like to be precise. Your strength is definitely the female form, one of my favorite aspects of your art. As for your weakness, I'd say that your facial features need some work. The positions and proportions of eyes/lips/noses seem slightly off. Also, think about a woman's face when you draw one. They have very delicate features which are typically soft and subtle with a certain kind of roundness. Try a different approach once in a while. The absence of color is a bit lackluster. Even if you're not good at it, I would suggest practicing because it could help liven things up a little.

Suzume
05-12-2012, 01:27 AM
Jacob's Ladder very nice one.
Nice work :D

Suzume
05-13-2012, 02:53 PM
Thank you so much. Are there any you like more than others? Any changes you'd like to see?
Nope just perfect as always. :D

Jacob's Ladder
05-14-2012, 11:16 AM
I already saw how you improve the sailormoon ... but well, it's as you said every drawing got some mistakes depends on how you want to see them ...
if you say it's a Da Vinci or a Jacob Ladder's paint, then we can critize since it's rumoured to be perfection !
if you say it's an early Jacob's drawing same we can critize too much cuz' it's a beginner who made them : we won't wish to be tooo hard on you.

- so if you really want my opinion I dae say it might be harder to those you had before, but well, you have skills : you will improve.

p.s: I'm very hard on myself ...too (once I cried and throw at the bin a whole chapter I just made just be beacuse I was satified enough with the quality of my drawings)

Thanks, it's hard listening to harsh critism sometimes especially for drawings you put a lot of effort into. Plus, if a drawing sucks I'd want to hear honestly "it sucks". Harder than those before? If it's that bad send in a PM. lol

Princess Cupcake
Thank you so much, I appreciate the kind words. And I completely understand with regards to the soft curves of the female form...sometimes a fit female loses her curves a bit. And I don't want (my characters) to be so demure they can't protect themselves. I want them capable of fighting, but still keeping their feminism. I will do better to make them more appealing, and will take your advice to heart. Im just glad you liked something. :)

Rzion
05-14-2012, 04:21 PM
I like the style you use. Your character's poses aren't stiff, but full of emotion, rather. :) and motion, too. Keep it up! i want to see more! :D

Jacob's Ladder
05-14-2012, 10:40 PM
I like the style you use. Your character's poses aren't stiff, but full of emotion, rather. :) and motion, too. Keep it up! i want to see more! :D
Thank you so much for the kind words. It's greatly appreciated, tho I know I can do better just haven't figured out how? Is there a drawing or 2 you like more than the others?

Kaleohano
05-15-2012, 06:04 AM
i like it. its anime fosho, but it also has kind of a personal twist to it.

Jacob's Ladder
05-15-2012, 02:02 PM
i like it. its anime fosho, but it also has kind of a personal twist to it.

REALLY?!? Is that your honest opinion...you can be brutally honest.

Rzion
05-15-2012, 09:45 PM
Thank you so much for the kind words. It's greatly appreciated, tho I know I can do better just haven't figured out how? Is there a drawing or 2 you like more than the others?

I honestly loved All of the ones you had posted from your old account, the first post of the thread. I also favored the picture of Usagi. All of it is wonderful! :3 How could you ever say they're not good? I've never understood how the most talented people can sell themselves so short.

Jacob's Ladder
05-15-2012, 10:20 PM
I honestly loved All of the ones you had posted from your old account, the first post of the thread. I also favored the picture of Usagi. All of it is wonderful! :3 How could you ever say they're not good? I've never understood how the most talented people can sell themselves so short.

I guess I got the feeling that my art isn't very good from my past art teachers. Nothing was ever good enough...or I never "applied" myself..as they said. They kinda took the fun out of drawing for a long time for me.

Ever since, I have always been my own worst critic. Alot of people that draw or paint..what have you more than likely will say or feel the same way. Im really trying to find the fun again, and all the encouraging posts and honest thoughts help. Knowing that you like my art enough to favorite one of them, makes me want to draw more...and also makes me *blush*. Im going to post the colored Mari in just a few, hope you like it as well.

Jacob's Ladder
05-15-2012, 11:09 PM
They keep disappearing.

Princess Cupcake
05-15-2012, 11:29 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls7opa0PLu1qh4ul8.gif
See what a lil color can do?

Jacob's Ladder
05-15-2012, 11:39 PM
See what a lil color can do?
I will admit, that it does add volume....but, do you really think it makes that much of a difference? I personally think you're much better with coloring than I, and if you ever would like to try coloring one of my previous drawings? Now that would be awesome.

Bak Chan
05-16-2012, 06:04 AM
You know, this is amazing!
You got a very unique style and I love especially the way you drew her nose
I also like the perspective and the lighting effects you used because it makes the coloration kinda outstanding =)

You should really colour your pics more often, it fits them very well and you make such clear linearts that your pics are really perfect for colorations ;)
Keep up your good work, I really like your thread =)

Suzume
05-16-2012, 07:16 AM
Jacob's Ladder nice colouring.
It's simply beautiful. :D

Rzion
05-16-2012, 04:43 PM
I guess I got the feeling that my art isn't very good from my past art teachers. Nothing was ever good enough...or I never "applied" myself..as they said. They kinda took the fun out of drawing for a long time for me.

Ever since, I have always been my own worst critic. Alot of people that draw or paint..what have you more than likely will say or feel the same way. Im really trying to find the fun again, and all the encouraging posts and honest thoughts help. Knowing that you like my art enough to favorite one of them, makes me want to draw more...and also makes me *blush*. Im going to post the colored Mari in just a few, hope you like it as well.

Believe me, if their is anyone I don't want drawing advice from, it's an art teacher. No offense to any artistry teachers out there, but all of them I've ever had complained about something I did or wanted something to be totally different than how I did it... I have my own way, and they want to teach me their ways, but I don't like their ways, so having an art teacher was practically fruitless for me. Although, I understand their role in helping those that get stuck somewhere along the line, so I can't complain when they try to critique my work. Art teachers I've had were very biased... I think yours were, too. Never will I find one that is the true art enthusiast who is open minded... All ive found are a bunch of people who think everything must be "perfect" according to their standards. :/

Enough on my rant, however. *steps off of soapbox* I hope i didn't hurt feelings for anyone there.. Didn't mean to. I love the Mari colored in--see what color can do? ^_^ It was good before, but now it's great!

Jacob's Ladder
05-17-2012, 08:18 AM
You know, this is amazing!
You got a very unique style and I love especially the way you drew her nose
I also like the perspective and the lighting effects you used because it makes the coloration kinda outstanding =)

You should really colour your pics more often, it fits them very well and you make such clear linearts that your pics are really perfect for colorations ;)
Keep up your good work, I really like your thread =)

Thank you so much for the encouragement and the fact that you like the way I do noses. lol The lighting/reflective areas were something I never really tried before even coloring...in a simple manner.

Coloring isn't my strong suit, Im more of a line art kinda guy. Maybe Im just too lazy? ha I always allow others to try coloring my work, as long as they give the character line art credit to me. I don't mind.

Cherry Boom
05-17-2012, 11:49 PM
I love all your art work! ^.^ Keep up the good work :) My favorite one is the girl with the purple hair(Music Miho)

Jacob's Ladder
05-19-2012, 08:30 PM
I love all your art work! ^.^ Keep up the good work :) My favorite one is the girl with the purple hair(Music Miho)

Thank you...much appreciative of the kind words. Megatokyo was a great web manga...but the updates are taking forever. And Fred Gallagher the creator of the characters Miho included, didn't like my drawing of her. He said it wasn't in her nature to sing...way to encourage someone who appreciated your work.

Cherry Boom
05-20-2012, 12:00 AM
aww thats too bad D: She looks perfect singing to me :)

WasuretaiRekishi
05-20-2012, 05:18 PM
*just discovers thread*

Jacob's Ladder Holy *bleep bleep bleep*!!! I feel extreme jealousy! /especially since she can't afford Prismacolor pencils

You have such a unique and awesome style of drawing! How long have you been drawing for? Seeing all these pictures makes me want to post mine, but they aren't nearly as good as yours. You should've been alive when Stan Lee created some of his more famous series~

You have that type of can of whoopa**, superhero style that would go great in comics, and that graceful, pretty, soothing style that would be great in Bishojo manga like Sailor Moon (the Usagi picture was very pretty). You're one of the best artists' I've ever seen~

I guess I'm talking all slang-y because I'm hopped up on candy from watchies movie all day. Anyway, I love your artwork, keep up the great work!

My personal favorites are Evil Kayla, Konata, Mari, and Olivia.

Jacob's Ladder
05-21-2012, 09:18 PM
*just discovers thread* Jacob's Ladder Holy *bleep bleep bleep*!!! I feel extreme jealousy! /especially since she can't afford Prismacolor pencils

Thanks for noticing...;) And there is no need to be jealous, what is there to be jealous of?? Prismacolor pencils are reasonably affordable on Amazon. That's where I get mine. Check it out, you really only need 24 colors.

You have such a unique and awesome style of drawing! How long have you been drawing for? Seeing all these pictures makes me want to post mine, but they aren't nearly as good as yours. You should've been alive when Stan Lee created some of his more famous series~
Thanks...again..*blush*. My style keeps changing. My influences...are Joe Madureira, Don Figuoria, Masamune Shirow, J. Scott Campbell, Johji Manabe...Marc Silvestri, these are some great artists. I have been drawing on and off since 2nd grade. But long droughts in between result in crappy art.

You have that type of can of whoopa**, superhero style that would go great in comics, and that graceful, pretty, soothing style that would be great in Bishojo manga like Sailor Moon (the Usagi picture was very pretty). You're one of the best artists' I've ever seen~

I have tried my best in taking all the best parts of the artists I admire above, and join them into a style not seen before. It's so hard...mostly because I suck.

I guess I'm talking all slang-y because I'm hopped up on candy from watchies movie all day. Anyway, I love your artwork, keep up the great work!

My personal favorites are Evil Kayla, Konata, Mari, and Olivia.
You're hepted up on candy? lol What were you watching? And thanks for liking my art and characters...they all thank you so much!

Jacob's Ladder
05-23-2012, 10:33 PM
Shazam!

Morgane
05-24-2012, 06:37 AM
Bethany ?? you stole my Bethany ! c'est un crime !

- joking yours is a bit "snobish" ... I'm is better ! lol

Seal13
05-24-2012, 07:51 AM
OMG MIHO!!!!!!!!! :D i LOVE megatokyo >_< bravo, well done :3!

Jacob's Ladder
05-24-2012, 07:53 AM
Bethany ?? you stole my Bethany ! c'est un crime !

- joking yours is a bit "snobish" ... I'm is better ! lolDid I not let you read her bio? And "snobish" is what I was trying for, happy it was pulled off. :) Any thoughts?

Ayu 「あゆ」
05-24-2012, 08:09 AM
The drawing looks really great. Bethany looks really awesome. You should do some drawings with that one singing girl in like a rock concert singing and things.

WasuretaiRekishi
05-25-2012, 11:04 AM
Bethany looks like one of those evil cheerleader types XD, she looks pretty and so "using like every other word"-type (LOL I couldn't find a better explanation)

This picture should look great when it's finished. Y'know, if you want, I could always color it with Photoshop~

Suzume
05-25-2012, 12:14 PM
Jacob's Ladder nice drawing. :D

neogalaxy
05-25-2012, 02:26 PM
Let me first start of with saying your drawings are pretty good. Of course practice makes better so keep at it man and you will be at the level you dream to be at. When you go in to digitally color the images, make sure you use a good colors for the pictures to compliment it more.

NOT ACTIVE
05-27-2012, 01:42 AM
Wtf man? I don't wanna put up any of my stuff now. It's Crap compared to this. You are so amazing. I'm gunna go cry in an emo corner now. T.T

Jacob's Ladder
05-27-2012, 11:51 AM
The drawing looks really great. Bethany looks really awesome. You should do some drawings with that one singing girl in like a rock concert singing and things. Thank you so much, for the kind words. Bethany is one my favorite characters so Im putting care into their design. As for Miho...I wanted to do exactly what you mentioned, but I don't want to infringe on the owner's character rights. For some reason Fred Gallagher doesn't mind "fan art" of his characters, as long as it doesn't take them outside of what his impression of that character's nature is. WTF...right?

OMG MIHO!!!!!!!!! :D i LOVE megatokyo >_< bravo, well done :3! I like Megatokyo too, but since the updates take for ever I've kinda lost interest in it. I stop once in a while to see if a new update has been posted. But it's odd seeing Miho with long hair, I really liked the original style of her hair. And thank you so much for liking her too...at least my drawing of her. *and welcome back!!*

Bethany looks like one of those evil cheerleader types XD, she looks pretty and so "using like every other word"-type (LOL I couldn't find a better explanation)

This picture should look great when it's finished. Y'know, if you want, I could always color it with Photoshop~

It's funny you mentioned cheerleading, in fact Reina was the one in cheerleading. Lol Bethany is a rich family's child. So she does have a flare for...uh...being opinionated. Im so glad you like her. And if you want to color it be my guest. ;)

nice drawing. :D Thank you, what do you like most about it?

Let me first start of with saying your drawings are pretty good. Of course practice makes better so keep at it man and you will be at the level you dream to be at. When you go in to digitally color the images, make sure you use a good colors for the pictures to compliment it more.
Thanks so much for honesty, I really appreciate it. And of course Im still practicing, my style keeps changing for the better or worse, only you guys can tell. As for the colors, those were my first attempts at coloring, I feel like Im not very good in that area which is shy most of my art is in black/white.

Wtf man? I don't wanna put up any of my stuff now. It's Crap compared to this. You are so amazing. I'm gunna go cry in an emo corner now. T.T
Post your artwork. Don't compare yourself to me...everyone has their talent in something and it only helps you get better by letting us see how you can improve. TRUST ME...I feel like art is utter crap at times. I would love to see what you have...and giving tips on what to look out for is what we do here. I've been drawing a long time, but still have issues that I want to improve on. There are some on here like Morgane and iamdragon that blow me out of the water.

Jacob's Ladder
05-28-2012, 08:23 PM
Alakazam!

NOT ACTIVE
05-28-2012, 09:56 PM
Wow. Thats amazing. ^_^ nice scene to.

Jacob's Ladder
06-12-2012, 09:19 PM
No art here...

Jasanime
06-13-2012, 01:25 AM
Love the expressions! I think my fave is where she's crying cos her nose looks so cute!

Jacob's Ladder
06-13-2012, 01:21 PM
Love the expressions! I think my fave is where she's crying cos her nose looks so cute!
Thank you so much...I love her expressions, especially the crying, surprised, and naughty look on the other page.

threewolves
06-15-2012, 12:18 PM
Really nice work, looking forward to future work. Having the emotions of the characters come out of the drawings is very nicely done.

Jacob's Ladder
06-15-2012, 04:39 PM
Really nice work, looking forward to future work. Having the emotions of the characters come out of the drawings is very nicely done.
Thanks so much! I'm doing more facial expression drawings, I want have at least another page full, and with 6 per page it does take some time. lol I will then start on another character. The face is one the hardest parts to draw, so hopefully this helps?

kintoki-sakata
06-16-2012, 07:26 AM
wow ! your art images are amazing
I loved them so much
the expressions are awesome
I like your colouring way
especially this one >>

http://www.animeforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=58574&d=1324454028&thumb=1

Jacob's Ladder
06-17-2012, 01:41 AM
wow ! your art images are amazing
I loved them so much
the expressions are awesome
I like your colouring way
especially this one >>

http://www.animeforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=58574&d=1324454028&thumb=1

Thank you so much!! And everyone seems to like the Miho fan art I did. You can see more of her at megatokyo.com. She's not my character but I did my best.

Mugiwara-no-Basuke
06-17-2012, 06:37 AM
I so f*** envy the artists :P pretty good job, obviously have seen better but pretty good the same, congrat

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

Here are some new sketches..was bored and did these yesterday. Just some facial expressions for Reina.

Hey, you should draw Inuyasha, Luffy or Ichigo :P keep up the good work

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

Here are some new sketches..was bored and did these yesterday. Just some facial expressions for Reina.

Hey, you should now draw Inuyasha or Luffy or Ichigo :P keep up the good job

Jacob's Ladder
06-17-2012, 08:07 PM
Uchiha_Luffy thanks so much for the encouragement. But there really isn't anything to be envious of, just practice and keep practicing. I still keep practicing myself...as you can see. I can try to draw Ichigo but I suck at drawing guys.

モノクロ猫
06-20-2012, 11:34 AM
OMG that is soo awesome! Very, very neat and nice :D you should teach me how to draw :)

Jacob's Ladder
06-20-2012, 01:41 PM
OMG that is soo awesome! Very, very neat and nice :D you should teach me how to draw :)
Really? You think so...*blush*...I've always thought the worst of my artwork. Any one in particular that you liked the most?

モノクロ猫
06-20-2012, 08:04 PM
Really? You think so...*blush*...I've always thought the worst of my artwork. Any one in particular that you liked the most?

Aww you shouldn't think that way! You're a really good drawer! Actually all of them are good! They all have alot of detail which I love! :D I especially love the Konata one. I just love how you drew her hair! :D

Jacob's Ladder
06-20-2012, 10:30 PM
Aww you shouldn't think that way! You're a really good drawer! Actually all of them are good! They all have alot of detail which I love! :D I especially love the Konata one. I just love how you drew her hair! :D

*hugz*

Kankiti Shunan
06-21-2012, 05:18 AM
I think you have good skills at drawing and coloring with digital art (not my case). You have done pretty well with the brights (as in the Konata drawing) even though in first drawings you used to draw the bottom of the legs too skinny, the anime angel has her foot drew weirdly (you should search for feet pictures on the internet) and the anime singer has her eyes to distant between each other (even though I like the coloring in this one).
In the other drawings you've been posting I believe you have shown improvement in the legs problem, the art style seemed to become more natural (not as much contrast between manga and comic styles) and also with the facial expressions.

Jacob's Ladder
06-24-2012, 10:57 PM
Kankiti Shunan
In the other drawings you've been posting I believe you have shown improvement in the legs problem, the art style seemed to become more natural (not as much contrast between manga and comic styles) and also with the facial expressions.
Thanks so much for the honest feedback, I really appreciate it. And a lot of the work posted were drawn a long time ago. So there are going to be many errors, lol. Plus, that you can see an improvement in my drawing really helps my confidence. Especially in the style, I've tried to combine both styles to make it more natural.

Jacob's Ladder
06-26-2012, 10:56 PM
Deleted

Mugiwara-no-Basuke
06-27-2012, 06:11 AM
Wow, that is really nice, @Jacob's Ladder (http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?u=283545) , great work, thanks for sharing it, you're surely talented, keep on with it!! :D

sarahc
06-27-2012, 07:44 AM
Here are a few more sketches of Reina. I've really started liking these little facial drawings. Doesn't a lot, and the bio-armor will be a real challenge. I have loved Bubblegum Crisis, and Priss' helmet is very recognizable and adding an organic look to it is just awesome.

:) I also like, I like the bottom right one, where she looks angry, nice detail :)

Jacob's Ladder
06-27-2012, 09:19 AM
Wow, that is really nice, @Jacob's Ladder (http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?u=283545) , great work, thanks for sharing it, you're surely talented, keep on with it!! :D

Thanks a lot Luffy...I really appreciate the encouragement. Im really trying to get better with face proportions and expressions.

:) I also like, I like the bottom right one, where she looks angry, nice detail :)
I like one too..and that one was the hardest to do. Did you like anything else? It looks like you trying to say something but didn't. Lol

Mugiwara-no-Basuke
06-27-2012, 11:31 AM
Thanks a lot Luffy...I really appreciate the encouragement. Im really trying to get better with face proportions and expressions

Well, you're welcome, as soon as I'm not flattering you but rather say what I think of your art you got nothing to thank for :D

Or else, you do, improve as you say and keep posting more of your drawings!

I really suck at drawing or at any manual works (snif snif) and I really value art (almost any kind), drawings and paintings are at the top of it, and seeing all that people with huge drawings on AF really makes me happy for you talent ;)

Just don't stop doing it, if it enjoys you! :) Take care!

Thefringedninja
06-29-2012, 08:35 AM
Jacob's Ladder This is just awesome...I love the one on the third from the left! I'm jealous that you can draw hands.

Jacob's Ladder
06-29-2012, 10:21 AM
Jacob's Ladder This is just awesome...I love the one on the third from the left! I'm jealous that you can draw hands.
Thank you so much! So you liked Kayla..she was fun to draw but a pain as well. Her bioskin is so detailed that it forever to get the look right. lol. And hands are a sore subject with me...actually any part of the body is...*sigh*...I just lucked out. I hope that wasn't the only one you liked?

Thanks a lot Luffy...I really appreciate the encouragement. Im really trying to get better with face proportions and expressions

Well, you're welcome, as soon as I'm not flattering you but rather say what I think of your art you got nothing to thank for :D

Or else, you do, improve as you say and keep posting more of your drawings!

I really suck at drawing or at any manual works (snif snif) and I really value art (almost any kind), drawings and paintings are at the top of it, and seeing all that people with huge drawings on AF really makes me happy for you talent ;)

Just don't stop doing it, if it enjoys you! :) Take care!

No one really sucks at drawing, to be honest. It's just a matter of practicing as much as possible...and putting in the effort. Don't knock yourself so hard like that Luffy, you're probably better than you give yourself credit for. Just keep drawing, I tell a lot of people this too...don't be afraid to use references to help you. ;)

nightAme
07-03-2012, 11:01 PM
What in the world are you so nervous about? Your art is spectacular! Yes, some things could use a little tweaking (for example, the part in Usagi's hair could be aligned a little better) BUT, I would say you have some high-ranking art pieces here! I'm glad to meet such great artists on this site, because it gives me the motivation to try, try, try harder! I want to be able to draw better quality work.

Mugiwara-no-Basuke
07-04-2012, 05:17 AM
No one really sucks at drawing, to be honest. It's just a matter of practicing as much as possible...and putting in the effort. Don't knock yourself so hard like that Luffy, you're probably better than you give yourself credit for. Just keep drawing, I tell a lot of people this too...don't be afraid to use references to help you. ;)

Thanks a million for the support, you're very kind :D
But still, I think I'm really bad at drawing, no talent at all for me since I was a kid holding a pencil for the first time :P

I'm sure I'd eventually get a bit better with pratcise and putting my efforts on it, as it's supposed to happen with everything else, but I'm almost 100% sure I'll never reach a level of "very good" or even "good", but again tks for the encouraging words! :)

Maybe sometime I post something therefore giving you the opportunity to laugh and make fun of my art ah ah xD jk

nightAme that's a great thing about AF, it's FULL of huge talented drawers, I could name about 15 already, which is, as you said, great for motivating other people to improve their drawings! :)

Jacob's Ladder
07-04-2012, 12:25 PM
What in the world are you so nervous about? Your art is spectacular! Yes, some things could use a little tweaking (for example, the part in Usagi's hair could be aligned a little better) BUT, I would say you have some high-ranking art pieces here! I'm glad to meet such great artists on this site, because it gives me the motivation to try, try, try harder! I want to be able to draw better quality work.
Nervous because you have done something in manga. I've only done character design, different facial sketchings. "High ranking art", you sure you're looking at the right thread?

nightAme
07-04-2012, 12:29 PM
Nervous because you have done something in manga. I've only done character design, different facial sketchings. "High ranking art", you sure you're looking at the right thread?

My manga is all my own. Nothing good; just practice. I have my own style, which I'd like to evolve. I haven't picked it up in a year or so, though. (Have you seen my avatar? I like it, but it pales in comparison to your artwork and a lot of others here.) I have to make a commitment to myself to get back on track with this ^_^

And take the compliment, you deserve it!

Jacob's Ladder
07-04-2012, 12:30 PM
Thanks a million for the support, you're very kind :D
But still, I think I'm really bad at drawing, no talent at all for me since I was a kid holding a pencil for the first time :P

I'm sure I'd eventually get a bit better with pratcise and putting my efforts on it, as it's supposed to happen with everything else, but I'm almost 100% sure I'll never reach a level of "very good" or even "good", but again tks for the encouraging words! :)

Maybe sometime I post something therefore giving you the opportunity to laugh and make fun of my art ah ah xD jk

First off, I don't laugh at people's art...no matter how bad it is. Second we are here to help others get better, even though my stuff is crap. lol

Mugiwara-no-Basuke
07-04-2012, 12:45 PM
First off, I don't laugh at people's art...no matter how bad it is. Second we are here to help others get better, even though my stuff is crap. lol

I guess you didn't, just trying you out :P
And btw you're really nice, thanks a lot for those kinds words, even though it'll be hard to help a guy that can't barelly draw a circle xD

And your stuff is definetely NOT crap, keep improving :D

Jacob's Ladder
07-04-2012, 01:09 PM
My manga is all my own. Nothing good; just practice. I have my own style, which I'd like to evolve. I haven't picked it up in a year or so, though. (Have you seen my avatar? I like it, but it pales in comparison to your artwork and a lot of others here.) I have to make a commitment to myself to get back on track with this ^_^

And take the compliment, you deserve it!

Have you read some of my posts on here? I am my own worst critic...I'll take the compliment, but don't feel I deserve it. ha. And I like your avatar...though a little hard to see as its small. Which post did you like most, if I may ask?

Mugiwara-no-Basuke
07-04-2012, 01:28 PM
Jacob's Ladder, the problem sometimes is that we are our own criticis (in all areas), just believe that we're not all wrong about your drawings and that you're really tallented and will even get better by practise :D

Rzion
07-07-2012, 11:14 AM
Wow. :D I wasnt sure which sketch you were telling me I should check out, but it doesn't matter, because they're all looking excellent! (I'm assuming this newest one? ^_^) I really like it. Keep up the good work!

Jacob's Ladder
07-07-2012, 08:05 PM
Wow. :D I wasnt sure which sketch you were telling me I should check out, but it doesn't matter, because they're all looking excellent! (I'm assuming this newest one? ^_^) I really like it. Keep up the good work!

The newest posts are the 16 little facial sketches and the little drawing with 2 of my characters. Lol. Sheesh...16...that's the most I've done in a 2 week time period. And thanks so much, I hope you like them..or one or 2 of them. :).

Jacob's Ladder
07-09-2012, 09:34 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/SolidArmor/Spider-Clare.jpg
Thanks goes out to sarahc for pushing me into this one! ;). We were joking around about what if Clare, from the anime "Claymore" were a super heroine, so I mentioned "Spider-Clare". The hunting stalker of villains in the night. I have to give thanks to The Graphics Factory.com for the awesome spider design. The moon in the background was the hardest part of the drawing to do, but I love how I was able to include her "crest" in the spider emblem. Im sorry but she looks totally hot...lol. I hope you like it, wanted to color it...but Im afraid Id mess it up. I think her name should be "The Claymore Spider"...as in the anime her beast form is spider like.

WasuretaiRekishi
07-10-2012, 06:22 AM
"The Claymore Spider" has a really nice ring! I know what you mean by be afraid to color it! I've personally butchered a few good pictures because I colored lipstick in a really horrible way.

The moon looks so awesome, by the way. My idea of a moon is a circle with random circles inside of it ^^;; It'd be pretty easy to catch male villians in that skin-tight outfit, wouldn't it? XD

But I really love this picture! I still have to take pictures of my pictures, but I've definitely gained a whole lot more confidence in them now~

Speaking of which, I'll upload some pictures I drew when I was 10. You want to see bad artwork xD?

Mugiwara-no-Basuke
07-10-2012, 06:38 AM
Well done, I don't know the original character as I've not started with Claymore yet but I like the drawing pretty much:)

The head is nice and so is the hair, just the top of the head seems a bit strange.
Also the hands and the suit itself look pretty good, so as the moon.
I think the hip is the least good thing.

You should colour it, thanks for sharing and keep drawing! :D

Jacob's Ladder
07-10-2012, 07:19 PM
"The Claymore Spider" has a really nice ring! I know what you mean by be afraid to color it! I've personally butchered a few good pictures because I colored lipstick in a really horrible way.
Well, I've seen your coloring talent so, you would be the only one Id let color it. ;)

The moon looks so awesome, by the way. My idea of a moon is a circle with random circles inside of it ^^;; It'd be pretty easy to catch male villians in that skin-tight outfit, wouldn't it? XD
Of course she could catch villains easily...she's awesome...the outfit just makes her smexy. *blush* Im sure you'd look just as awesome as well. ;). The moon was hard because it's a sphere and drawing craters was nerve racking.

But I really love this picture! I still have to take pictures of my pictures, but I've definitely gained a whole lot more confidence in them now~
You can get an all-in-1 printer/scanner pretty inexpensively. I want to see more of your work....it's cute and awesome.

Speaking of which, I'll upload some pictures I drew when I was 10. You want to see bad artwork xD? You should be very confident in your talent.

sarahc
07-11-2012, 02:27 PM
Thanks goes out to sarahc for pushing me into this one! ;). We were joking around about what if Clare, from the anime "Claymore" were a super heroine, so I mentioned "Spider-Clare". The hunting stalker of villains in the night. I have to give thanks to The Graphics Factory.com for the awesome spider design. The moon in the background was the hardest part of the drawing to do, but I love how I was able to include her "crest" in the spider emblem. Im sorry but she looks totally hot...lol. I hope you like it, wanted to color it...but Im afraid Id mess it up. I think her name should be "The Claymore Spider"...as in the anime her beast form is spider like.
I seriously love this drawing! She would be an awesome super-hero, You have given it so much detail :) I also especially like the moon! :D, you should turn loads of characters from Anime into Heroes, make them into a big team ! :)

kintoki-sakata
07-11-2012, 03:39 PM
woOoOow !
It's amazing.
you're really talented .
keep drawing =D
I think you got much better than the last time I've seen your drawings .
I really didn't check this thread for a long time .
thanks for telling me ;)

Jacob's Ladder
07-11-2012, 09:16 PM
I seriously love this drawing! She would be an awesome super-hero, You have given it so much detail :) I also especially like the moon! :D, you should turn loads of characters from Anime into Heroes, make them into a big team ! :)
Im going to start on the WonderWoman Teresa...here in just a bit. lol. Im so happy you love it! *blush* You gave me the idea, and you should be thanked. ;). I was thinking of trying a male hero...but don't know who to use? And you are so right, Clare makes an awesome comic heroine...will try to do more of her like this.

sarahc
07-12-2012, 01:32 PM
Im going to start on the WonderWoman Teresa...here in just a bit. lol. Im so happy you love it! *blush* You gave me the idea, and you should be thanked. ;). I was thinking of trying a male hero...but don't know who to use? And you are so right, Clare makes an awesome comic heroine...will try to do more of her like this.

haha she will look amazing :), hmm a male hero.... I will have to think about that one, can't think of one right now, I wish I could draw as good as that lol, we could have challenges, unfortunately mines look like stick men right now compared to yours hehe x

Mugiwara-no-Basuke
07-12-2012, 01:48 PM
Looking foward to see your new drawings, Jacob's Ladder! :)

Suzume
07-13-2012, 05:57 AM
Jacob's Ladder as usual what can i say?
Awesome drawings :D

Jacob's Ladder
07-14-2012, 07:34 PM
すずめ Thanks, much appreciated....will post one last drawing. Im still adding to this one, will post the updated version soon.

Uchiha_Luffy As stated above Im still adding to this drawing...so it will not look so empty in the background.

Mugiwara-no-Basuke
07-14-2012, 07:40 PM
Uchiha_Luffy As stated above Im still adding to this drawing...so it will not look so empty in the background.

That's great, good luck with it! :)

Chi The Sweet
07-15-2012, 01:29 PM
That really cool

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

Dude can you draw a shewolf girl ...a lolita girl and her older sister

threewolves
07-15-2012, 01:30 PM
Ok, that looks really good, well done.

Rzion
07-15-2012, 07:38 PM
Can't wait to see what you've added to the spider! I'm liking it so far. :D

AshureeChan
07-20-2012, 07:25 PM
Thanks goes out to sarahc for pushing me into this one! ;). We were joking around about what if Clare, from the anime "Claymore" were a super heroine, so I mentioned "Spider-Clare". The hunting stalker of villains in the night. I have to give thanks to The Graphics Factory.com for the awesome spider design. The moon in the background was the hardest part of the drawing to do, but I love how I was able to include her "crest" in the spider emblem. Im sorry but she looks totally hot...lol. I hope you like it, wanted to color it...but Im afraid Id mess it up. I think her name should be "The Claymore Spider"...as in the anime her beast form is spider like. I saw that in her blog. I really like it :D Claire is awesome ^_^ Keep up the good work!

Jacob's Ladder
07-30-2012, 09:20 PM
This is #2 for sarahc the only one to get 2 custom drawings. ;) She's worth it, and this idea was tossed around along with the Claymore Spider. What if Teresa of the faint smile were cast as Wonder Woman? This a lot more difficult, as both characters exist, and doing them justice...I dunno? You decide, Sarah loved the original WW costume, so I did my best to give Teresa that 'look'. The background drove me crazy! Frakkin' Mt. Olympus....and the crumbled city of Troy....*bangs head on desk*

AshureeChan
07-31-2012, 12:57 PM
This is #2 for sarahc the only one to get 2 custom drawings. ;) She's worth it, and this idea was tossed around along with the Claymore Spider. What if Teresa of the faint smile were cast as Wonder Woman? This a lot more difficult, as both characters exist, and doing them justice...I dunno? You decide, Sarah loved the original WW costume, so I did my best to give Teresa that 'look'. The background drove me crazy! Frakkin' Mt. Olympus....and the crumbled city of Troy....*bangs head on desk*

Awesome! Very good! I love Teresa :3 she is so awesome!

Jasanime
07-31-2012, 03:25 PM
Jacob's Ladder, I love your latest pic, especially the golden hair, and the amount of detail is just amazing. If I had to criticize something, it would be her shoulder looks a bit far to the right, but it's so minor. You seriously have so much talent.

Digimon___Sommelier
08-01-2012, 04:00 PM

Jacob's Ladder: Nice, I like this. Great sketch work. It looks imperial COOL! :)

My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Jacob's Ladder
08-01-2012, 09:53 PM
Awesome! Very good! I love Teresa :3 she is so awesome!

Thank you so much!! Just like Diana (WW) Teresa is kind hearted, but may not show it much. Plus, she's quiet, gentle, smart, strong and beautiful.

I love your latest pic, especially the golden hair, and the amount of detail is just amazing. If I had to criticize something, it would be her shoulder looks a bit far to the right, but it's so minor. You seriously have so much talent. Thank you!! :) To be honest, I didn't think my scanner would pick up the colors that much. If you look at the actual drawing, the yellow barely shows. lol. The shoulder, eh? Hmmm...try standing straight, with your chest out (heh) and pull your shoulders back in that pose. But I can definitely see your pov...I can try to fix it? Oh, the city sucks...it could have been better but the details are so small...there's only so much room to work with. lol. I'll try better...I still have a long way to go.

Nice, I like this. Great sketch work. It looks imperial COOL! :)
My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .
Thanks so much, I really appreciate the encouragement!! :). "Imperial COOL"? LOL. XD. That's a first.

Omg..... I still can't believe how amazing these are. I love the way you draw. :) You really think so? You still have to draw a character as well. ;) Tell me what you like, don't like about them?

Wow. Those are wickedly done. I don't see how you do it. You have a very special talent. Thank you so much! I will use a "non" photo-copy blue lead graphic pencil for sketching the drawings so I can change it without leaving a lot of smudging. Once I get it how I want it to look I use a regular 0.5 mechanical pencil with 2B lead to render the drawing.

NOT ACTIVE
08-01-2012, 11:21 PM
Omg..... I still can't believe how amazing these are. I love the way you draw. :)

Korena.tb1399
08-02-2012, 02:05 AM
Wow. Those are wickedly done. I don't see how you do it. You have a very special talent.

Jacob's Ladder
08-04-2012, 06:27 PM
Good idea.

Mind elaborating more? Thanks but a "2 word" post doesn't help.

WasuretaiRekishi
08-10-2012, 05:21 PM
Jacob's Ladder

I had like 100 words of praise, but I accidently clicked on the picture of Teresa twice, and it exited so I have to redo them D;

Anyway, I was mostly saying how cool and lifelike the background is (I'm jealous), and how Wonder Woman's outfit really seems to fit with Teresa and her personality~

I really love the little bits of color here and there. But seriously, I really love the background more than anything. I suck at doing them, but to see someone draw such a cool looking background, it's awesome~

And your method of drawing is somewhat similar to mine, too! What I do is sketch out the very basic (and crappy-looking) shape of the bodies with a really light pencil, then I erase and redraw to make a more solid shape, and then, with a darker pencil, I add clothes, hair, and all that jazz. That way, when it comes down to color, the under-pencil (lol my own term) is so light that the colored pencil will color over it without any problems.

So we seem to have a pretty similar way of doing things :D

But anyway, this one is a true work of art! I shall favorite it for ever and ever~

Jacob's Ladder
08-16-2012, 10:42 PM
alisaallthat Thanks so much! A "true work of art"...wouldn't go that far. lol. You should see what Im working on now...no characters, but a total landscape...a bio-organic city on the side of the moon not seen....millions of years old.

Skoodle Ditty
08-21-2012, 03:04 PM
Jacob's Ladder

I love these last two ;____;
I don't have much to say cause I'm a lame and I can't make any critiques at the moment.:<

Jacob's Ladder
08-26-2012, 09:06 PM
Rzion; sarahc; alisaallthat; Jasanime; iamdragon; Morgane; Skoodle Ditty; AshureeChan; Musaki; PirateKitsune

Thank you, so much for your encouragement and help in trying to help me become a better "artist"....hopefully you see something more?

A bio-organic city millions of years old, now forgotten about, this was a beacon of hope during a time where galaxies were at war. Located on the far southeastern portion of the dark side of the Lunar surface in an area known as "Crater Planck". The color is to separate the buildings from the crater rocks.
One of the original last 5 Guardians has finally returned, to find this once great city in ruins.
This is a top view of the crater, and city scape. I did my best to maintain the geographical look of the actual crater.

3 Newer Sketchings. Been working on these for such a long time, the city-scape took forever as you can see in the details....stupid details. Hope you like? Let me know what you think...these are for a story Im trying to work on.

Jasanime
08-28-2012, 04:54 AM
WOW... just wow!

NOT ACTIVE
08-29-2012, 02:00 AM
You are an artist silly. You're just to thick headed to see it. ;p I absolutely love the guardian and the entire idea of this story.

AkanoYoru
08-29-2012, 10:03 AM
I love the bio-organic technology. Although most of the time I'm at a loss though at what to put in the joints of mecha.

Rzion
08-29-2012, 07:35 PM
Jacob's Ladder This is crazy good. Besides the fact that it is a sketch and that I think you should take it further by coloring it, shading, detailing (all three of these) I personally have nothing to say along the lines of constructive criticism except that you need to keep the work up as much as you can! <:) Doing wonderful! And I expect that you will allow us to see this story? *hint hint* ;D

Jacob's Ladder
08-29-2012, 09:33 PM
WOW... just wow! Really, thank you so much!! Please tell me what you like Jasi..tell me what don't like...or what you would like to see? Help me..;). And Im still waiting for you to post more of your work.

You are an artist silly. You're just to thick headed to see it. ;p I absolutely love the guardian and the entire idea of this story. *Hugz* Thanks so much, you sexy thang you!! ;). I can be thick headed, that is true...but from my point of view it looks like crap. But, I really appreciate the kind words of encouragement. The "Guardian" is a tentative title...till I come up with something better, but I like it. And he was fookin hard to draw. Trying to keep the same look from the armor to the buildings...ugh..those buildings..

I love the bio-organic technology. Although most of the time I'm at a loss though at what to put in the joints of mecha.Thank you!! I love giving mechanical things a living feel and look. Armor that grows, adapts...and learns. Buildings that grow...where overcrowding is never an issue. The mecha in my mind are incorporated with living nervous systems, bio-engineered muscular tissue...enhanced spinal columns and living brain with bio-engineered nanotechnology skeletal framing. The raw body is then treated with extremely harsh isotope radiation found in space...from neutron star radiation to gamma particles...this forces the development of armor skin plating. Once complete the final treatment of gravitic tolerance is initiated, the frame is placed in a nanotech pod and placed on the surface of a Magnetron star. The intense gravity forces the frame to strengthen its inner muscular tissue, also to tolerate gravity forces beyond comprehension, this also allows for neutron cellular bonding with the armor...once the mecha can walk on the surface with no stress, it is matured. The personality, intellect, & all other knowledge is then uploaded to the brain...emotions and personal experiences are incorporated by DNA/sensory induction from the chosen organic subject. Thus making the mecha a fully autonomous, however there is a secret I won't reveal yet.

This is crazy good. Besides the fact that it is a sketch and that I think you should take it further by coloring it, shading, detailing (all three of these) I personally have nothing to say along the lines of constructive criticism except that you need to keep the work up as much as you can! <:) Doing wonderful! And I expect that you will allow us to see this story? *hint hint* ;DI told I was working on something...the sketch book used is 11x14...and that 3/4 city view took up the entire page...definitely my largest sketching. The Guardian is the same way too...I suck at coloring...really...Ill print copies and try coloring them. Nervous! And thanks too...it means a lot. And there are a lot of comic artists who have others do the coloring. ;). Im doing my best on the story...but I can't concentrate much on it...too many distractions.

Tobias Thanks do much...but I really don't see my art in that way...it always looks awful to me.

Tobias
09-04-2012, 12:07 AM
ASDFGHJKL
Dat art...-too blown away to give a legitimate compliment-

Eggrollx
09-09-2012, 07:45 PM
This is some serious sick drawing. I know I comment on your VM but I couldn't help commenting on here. Good job dude. Keep it up!

AshureeChan
09-09-2012, 08:22 PM
Really awesome new stuff! I am no good at drawing scenery :P Keep up the good work ^_^

Jacob's Ladder
10-02-2012, 10:58 PM
Really awesome new stuff! I am no good at drawing scenery :P Keep up the good work ^_^

Crap I can't believe I never replied! Sorry...thanks...it's not much in the way of scenery. Im working on something new.

PinkGalaxies
10-14-2012, 12:20 PM
Ok, someone PinkGalaxies wanted to see some more art so Ill be posting the nightmare files...a lot of it very early work some post modern.
69972699696996669979699766997369970699676997769974 6997169968699656997869975

I think the girl sitting down with the spear thing is the best. :P

Jacob's Ladder
10-14-2012, 02:43 PM
I think the girl sitting down with the spear thing is the best. :PTold you crap...the only one you liked was Kayla, eh? She was fun to draw, just for her bio-suit. You can tell she's a bad girl.

Bulf
10-14-2012, 07:25 PM
The second one, the robot/mech looks soooo cool
I've gotta say I'm pretty envious of your drawing skills <3

Yugami
10-17-2012, 10:12 AM
Your pic different by mine..

that angle is the nice one :D

Jacob's Ladder
10-17-2012, 06:20 PM
The second one, the robot/mech looks soooo cool
I've gotta say I'm pretty envious of your drawing skills <3Thanks so much Ellipsis!! Coming from you that means a lot....seeing your art is awesome. I put a lot of details in him.

Your pic different by mine..

that angle is the nice one :D
Thank you! Your comment is very much appreciated :)

Chi The Sweet
10-22-2012, 08:26 AM
hey..um we haven't talked in a while but that Spider lady that you did a while ago i wanted to say its fantasticand i looked at some others and they are really impressive i enjoy looking at your art work!!!!!!!! *hug*(used to be Aki Anba)

Jacob's Ladder
11-01-2012, 02:55 PM
hey..um we haven't talked in a while but that Spider lady that you did a while ago i wanted to say its fantasticand i looked at some others and they are really impressive i enjoy looking at your art work!!!!!!!! *hug*(used to be Aki Anba)

Whatevers....thanx, well...bye.

melissapankey43
11-21-2012, 10:34 PM
oh wow your way better than me lol

Morgane
02-23-2013, 08:33 AM
great progress ..keep it up !
- your mecha are awesome !~

Jacob's Ladder
02-25-2013, 10:13 PM
great progress ..keep it up !
- your mecha are awesome !~
*Hugz thanks it means a lot from ya. Ive been in a bit of a slump...

St3mocon
03-12-2013, 01:08 AM
Sorry I didn't get to comment Jacob I'm usually on my phone when I visit this site and I'm at work 10 hours a day lol . I really wanted to make sure I was seeing all your work! Right now I love your Kayla character I'm getting a witch blade vibe from her and she looks really devious haha. ;) I would really enjoy a colored version! I never used to color and believe it or not I just recently started coloring and I feel it has opened this huge door to my artwork!

Jacob's Ladder
04-04-2013, 05:10 PM
Sorry I didn't get to comment Jacob I'm usually on my phone when I visit this site and I'm at work 10 hours a day lol. lol Same here..

I really wanted to make sure I was seeing all your work! Right now I love your Kayla character I'm getting a witch blade vibe from her and she looks really devious haha. ;) I would really enjoy a colored version! Kayla is one of my favorite characters just because she's a badass but not in a normally bad way...she just has issues...sibling issues and has decided to act out in disobient way. Plus she's cute. I wanted her armor to reflect her attitude...sharp and brutal. I wanted to color a lot of my drawings but Ive never been good at it. Though her look would be red/black/grey.

I never used to color and believe it or not I just recently started coloring and I feel it has opened this huge door to my artwork!Well the way you cell-shade color is amazing. What program you use? Paintshop Pro, photoshop...gimp, paint tool sai? I have 2 drawings I colored in Photoshop can PM them to ya?

Ota "The Cutest Otaku"
07-02-2014, 02:36 PM
I like it but it looks off to me. Such as the right arm and left. But other than that it looks awesome! >.<

Jacob's Ladder
07-02-2014, 03:09 PM
I like it but it looks off to me. Such as the right arm and left. But other than that it looks awesome! >.<
Yeah, something's are off but thank you for the input. Was there anything in particular that yo

Adirondackanmefan29
07-02-2014, 03:26 PM
Wow, that is some amazing artwork. They are very good and detail is good as well. I wish I had a quarter of your skill.

Jacob's Ladder
07-02-2014, 06:19 PM
Wow, that is some amazing artwork. They are very good and detail is good as well. I wish I had a quarter of your skill.Thanks, much appreciated! Man this thread is old, better start posting some newer stuff. P.S. You probably have more than a 1/4, just draw...and keep drawing. It's not a matter of skill, it's a matter of practicing and building your skill.

SamLucille
07-11-2014, 03:02 PM
Thanks much for the kind words, and encouragement! Im only a novice when it comes to coloring. lol. But I'm willing to try new things...and take tips. (http://funnylobby.com)

Watamote
07-12-2014, 11:27 PM
that's nice

Jacob's Ladder
07-13-2014, 01:23 AM
Thanks much for the kind words, and encouragement! Im only a novice when it comes to coloring. lol. But I'm willing to try new things...and take tips. (http://funnylobby.com)You're very welcomed for the words of encouragement. Novice or pro, post your work...trust me I'm not a professional AT ALL, I only did this as a hobby and I was scared posting my sketches, not knowing what people would say. But, there are some really talented people here and they encouraged me to try to be better, too.

that's niceThanks Watamote, much appreciated - was there anything in particular you liked? Hope you are having fun here, if you're new? And if you like drawing please post some of your work here too.