PDA

View Full Version : My Sakurawars Wallpapers

Animousflavista
05-19-2004, 03:28 AM
I'm new in creating wallpapers.Hope comments from you guys!
I've use Adobe Photoshop CS (8.0).Any other recommended software that I can use to improve my works?

Candy-chan
05-19-2004, 11:03 AM
the colors are really too faded. Sakura needs vivid ones! Play with the levels and the saturation on sakura and the bg...
also, i think the doubled sakura is still too visible...make it blend in a bit more.
whats the bg? was it originally sakura trees? if so, make it more visible that this is it. Dont forget to make it flashier!

@_@ waaaa too much sakura in this post...

escaflownemoon
05-19-2004, 05:09 PM
she kinda blurry. Sakura in the back isn't quite necessary but if you do keep it..try using a bg that is not so busy..or faded as well..

the text at the top doesn't need to be there..

Animousflavista
05-19-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Candy-chan@May 19 2004, 10:03 AM
the colors are really too faded. Sakura needs vivid ones! Play with the levels and the saturation on sakura and the bg...
also, i think the doubled sakura is still too visible...make it blend in a bit more.
whats the bg? was it originally sakura trees? if so, make it more visible that this is it. Dont forget to make it flashier!

@_@ waaaa too much sakura in this post...

Thanks for comment.
How can I change the colors? What change does I must do,make the color more brighter,sharpen or darker? :blink:

I will make the back sakura blend a little more. :)
err.. actually, its not really a sakura's tree, its actually a forest covered with snow.
I change the color and blur it to make it just like sakura tree....hehehe.. :D

I will move the animousflavista text to the lower left of the wallpaper.thanks

Candy-chan
05-19-2004, 08:05 PM
much more vivid colors

_hades the wicked
05-19-2004, 08:08 PM
Use brighter tones of pink and make the cutout sharper, cause right now she's blending too much with the bg. Remove the bg sakura too, cause it's useless right now. Also, move the title more to the middle.
Oh yeah, also put your signature on the bottom, not the top.

Justina / Tenchigirl15
05-19-2004, 08:09 PM
I think you should put your name down or make it smaller!! that way ti will make the background stand out!! ;)

Animousflavista
05-19-2004, 08:16 PM
Thanks for comments.
I've already moved my name to the lower left of the wallpaper. I'm still working about the colors. :)
Err..put the title in the middle? Let me think.... :wacko:
I'll try blend the back sakura a little bit, but if it doesn't look nice, I remove it. :^_^:

Any more comments? I'm waiting... :P

Animousflavista
05-19-2004, 09:24 PM
I've modified my wallpapers according to you guyz comment :) . Check it out!. :P
Honestly......I don't know what the vivid color means....... :huh:

Gjallarhorn
05-19-2004, 09:31 PM
i like it much better than the first.

_hades the wicked
05-19-2004, 09:35 PM
It means like, a bright pink for example.
Also, you didn't put the logo more to the middle... It's still on the top left corner, which is no good.
Also, I'd suggest loosing the outer glow and making the cutout sharper and stroke it.
Besides, it's better than the first one. "It's evolution baby..." lol

Animousflavista
05-19-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by DarK DeatH@May 19 2004, 08:35 PM
It means like, a bright pink for example.
Also, you didn't put the logo more to the middle... It's still on the top left corner, which is no good.
Also, I'd suggest loosing the outer glow and making the cutout sharper and stroke it.
Besides, it's better than the first one. "It's evolution baby..." lol
Hmm.... i've move the sakurawars logo to the middle and it looks nice I think.
Ok...about the colors, i've change the hue and saturation of the background color.
I've put some stroke to the sakura's. Let's see..... Which background do you guyz prefer? the original one or the modified ones?

_hades the wicked
05-20-2004, 09:02 AM
You got a bad cutout there, and the stroking isn't good... I'd suggest going Edit>>Stroke, but of course cleaning out the edges first.
Also, the bg is much better now, and the logo, bring it down some.

Xian Pu
05-20-2004, 11:29 AM
Hey, DD I thought I was the only one that liked that song?! :blink: Weird...

At any rate, I agree, I started to think that it looked good but got to looking at it once you added the stroke, and gotta say that I could see all the flaws. It looked good but then you saw all the... yeah. Anyway, do what he suggested. He seems to know what he's talking about. :)

_hades the wicked
05-20-2004, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Xian Pu@May 20 2004, 02:29 PM
Hey, DD I thought I was the only one that liked that song?! :blink: Weird...
lol, the video is cool :P

escaflownemoon
05-20-2004, 06:19 PM
the third one is way better, but still you need to extract her better.

Animousflavista
05-20-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by DarK DeatH@May 20 2004, 08:02 AM
You got a bad cutout there, and the stroking isn't good... I'd suggest going Edit>>Stroke, but of course cleaning out the edges first.
Also, the bg is much better now, and the logo, bring it down some.
[/QUOTE]Thanks for comments.
Yeah, I think the stroke is to bad. I will fix it.
Cleaning the edges.......hmmm,
Is that mean i must use the eraser tool and erase the cutout all over the sakura?
Alright, I'll do it.

About using stroke tool in photoshop, it seems it does not working well you know, the line will have some zigzag. :(

I will bring down the logo a ltttle bit more.

and...

escaflownemoon says :

the third one is way better, but still you need to extract her better

Extract her better.....the jagged outline all over sakura you mean?
OK! I will fix it. Is there any simpler way than using eraser?

escaflownemoon
05-21-2004, 05:00 PM
well start over with the extraction..it shouldn't take you long.
go to Filtre>extract so you get rid of most of the bg of the image..then you still have some left overs right that the highlighter couldn't cover it all so you can take the "magic wand" click on the places that you don't want. This tool allows you to select places that you might not do well with freehand erasing without erasing the outline, so now you take the normal eraser and erase in that area carefree.. There is also a tool called the "magic eraser" this allows you to just click and it erase things in chucks.

Animousflavista
05-21-2004, 08:42 PM
:P I'll try my best! :D
http://picserver.org/view_image.php/MIJ009NE936W/p.png

Animousflavista
05-23-2004, 08:39 PM
I've done working with my wallpaper, here's the result. :P
huh..., i've fix many-many things like the stroke, cleaning the edges and recolour some parts of her hair. :^_^: How's that? :blink:

escaflownemoon
05-24-2004, 08:35 AM
She looks much cleaner in the extractions.

gadgetgirl16
05-24-2004, 07:19 PM
wow it looks more better.....verry clean and verry pretty ^^

Candy-chan
05-24-2004, 09:55 PM
its MUCH better! well done, but still work to do ^^
i suggest getting rid of the logo, since its small, blurry and in the way. why not just type the title in black on sakura's left with a cute font? maybe some small brushes on top?

Animousflavista
05-25-2004, 08:25 PM
Thanks!
Yeah, the logo is too blurry even recolour doesn't help......

Any suggestion about the font that I can use
or, does anyone have a high quality sakurawars logo?

If you got a nice font for my wallpaper,post it here! please!

Candy-chan
05-25-2004, 08:44 PM
well thi is at least better....tho i think its the game logo....let me search a bit more..b

Seyia
05-25-2004, 08:48 PM
it looks good to me

Candy-chan
05-25-2004, 08:48 PM
hmmmm...........this also...(thos this one is the movie logo)...youd have eo extract and change the texture and color ....if you choose that one, i can do it for you! ^^

Animousflavista
05-25-2004, 09:23 PM
Err....that logo is specially created for the movie....
If I take that one, it means i create a wallpaper for the movie sakurawars, not the series..anyway,I've also looking for the logo right now.
Thanks a lot candy-chan!

The game logo doesn't seems to fit with the wallpaper, I've already try it..

Animousflavista
05-25-2004, 10:57 PM
Hello! I've got the logo,
Is this one better?

Animousflavista
05-25-2004, 11:20 PM
Or...maybe this one?

Candy-chan
05-26-2004, 12:07 AM
take the 2nd one! the 1st one is much smaller! try to do a clean job on the extraction! ;)

Animousflavista
05-26-2004, 12:51 AM
Alright! I'll do it. :D

Animousflavista
05-26-2004, 11:30 PM
I've done changing the Logo! How's that?