PDA

View Full Version : Ellipsis' Doodles

Bulf
10-30-2011, 03:52 PM
I figured I should start one of these at some point. I'm not the best at drawing, but I still enjoy it from time to time. Here's some of my stuff, old and recent.

rodyno
11-08-2011, 10:01 AM
It was a good idea to draw a lot of anime eyes. If you're thinking of drawing manga that's a lot helpful.
The other ones are great, too :D

Keep workin on :p

solidarmor
11-08-2011, 02:30 PM
I really like the dragon, and the small "parts" sketch is good too. The only thing I found odd was the dog's snout, it just seems a little off? This is only an observation.

Kanjoudakai_Ira
11-10-2011, 04:19 PM
Nice set of eyes you got there! I also tend to draw eyes a lot, try all sort of shapes and sizes, it's really fun!
And I like the dragon drawing too since it looks... raw.

Bulf
12-09-2011, 08:35 PM
Thanks guys!
whoops. Forgot to update this >.>;;
I need to start shading a bit darker too, my scanner kills everything ;_;

Twisted Jester
12-09-2011, 10:20 PM
Yup :)
I love the shades
i'm always so lazy to shade things up. Ha.

Rainbow Crash
12-09-2011, 10:29 PM
Sir, is there anything you CAN'T do??

Your drawings are awesome btw.

Bulf
12-24-2011, 12:07 PM
Sir, is there anything you CAN'T do??

Your drawings are awesome btw.

Thanks lol
I can't sing or dance very well now that you mention it xD.

The one on the left is original, idk what to call it yet. And the one on the right was a fixed up doodle I saw a while ago. cel-shading ftw!

Kaitou+
12-24-2011, 12:09 PM
They are dope as hell. http://www.narutoforums.com/images/smilies/series2/gar2fy5.gif

But for the latest one on the left, the head looks kinda weird to me. http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/43h7r5d.gif

Bulf
01-05-2012, 12:35 AM
Something to pass time and get over this artist's block/creative block/ whatever it's called. +more practice, and I finally figured out how to work hair...sorta.

EDIT: woke up this morning and decided it was time for some fanart, so here's some quick Link doodles.

Bulf
01-19-2012, 11:45 PM
Some more stuff.
-First is some random anime hair practice to break me out of this block. Also, it says "Love Shack" at the top if you can't read it. I was listening to it at the time and...yeah. Catchy song bro.

-Second is Link. Didn't finish his body because...well yeah. Also his sword is kinda small. I started to cel-shade it, but went with simple hatching instead.

-Third is the dragon from the first post. I went back and darkened some stuff and re-scanned it with better levels.

-Fourth and last is just some anime eye practice, and some Hylian.

More stuff sometime later.

Mr. Panda
01-20-2012, 05:29 PM
Way to go to show some diversity in your work! Shows you're more than willing to expand in your skills, which is always a good thing.

I would give you more feedback, but due to the lack of time I will do this tomorrow or so. Look forward to my edited post? :o

Bulf
01-31-2012, 03:17 PM
A few more things. Nothing spectacular, just something to keep thread afloat.

The first was an old Samus sketch I tried celshading the other day. I never finished it because of a lot of reasons, but I'll probably redo it sometime soon. The main thing is I thought her arm proportions were weird and I didn't like the angle.

And the second is a (failed) still life for the drawing tournament on here. Meh.

.SophieChan~
02-06-2012, 11:54 AM
Love the sketch

Bulf
02-28-2012, 09:23 PM
I haven't been able to scan anything in because I have nowhere to sit my scanner now that I have my own computer...so here's some -really- old linearts.

Bulf
03-07-2012, 04:53 PM
more stuff!
Last one is a quick character concept I doodled up for my character model....which I still haven't finished. Second is another concept for my next character based off of Adam. And the first one is Darunia (Ocarina of Time) and Iskander (Fate/Zero). Iskander was originally going to be Ganondorf, but he started looking more like him as I went on, so I just changed it in the end :p

☆LadyKikyou☆
03-09-2012, 10:23 AM
Truely amazing!!! I have to say overall everything is just awesome, BUT I LOVEEE the eyes you did. Even though its not the full face you can still tell which emotion its showing and that my friend is talent! Great work!

Bulf
03-13-2012, 03:53 PM
Some more eyes, this time for practice.
Personal favorite is 7 and 15.

Bulf
05-09-2012, 11:22 PM
Been ages since I've updated this apparently. Ah well, here's more eyes for everyone. Favorites are 11, 21, and 28. There'll probably be more in the future because eyes are too freaking fun to draw.

13th Zabuza
05-12-2012, 12:04 PM
I LOVE the last two posts. Im always doing the same thing, ive got loads of paper with just eyes all over,i think they really pull a picture together & show the emotions you want

Great fur shading too!! very impressed

Bulf
06-08-2012, 08:32 PM
Thanks, Zabuza!

Another one I'll never finish

Bulf
07-22-2012, 10:42 PM
Back from the deaddddd
Samus as seen in the Metroid Manga/Other M. Sheik of course, and Gallon/Jon Talbain from Darkstalkers. Lines for that guy by Mjollnyr on DA.

Bulf
08-10-2012, 09:50 PM
More free lineart, and a random dragon sketch.

Bak Chan
08-11-2012, 06:39 AM
Back from the deaddddd
Samus as seen in the Metroid Manga/Other M. Sheik of course, and Gallon/Jon Talbain from Darkstalkers. Lines for that guy by Mjollnyr on DA.

These three are really nice, especially the one in the middle =)
I love the way you coloured it because there aren't any linearts so the whole picture seems to be ... kinda free...don't know if you understand what I mean, I'm talking rubbish X)
Anyway, it matches really good with the subject and you can sense the movement in this picture, you captured that very well!

And I like the lineart you posted today
You can see that you put a lot of effort into them because they are very accurate and just perfect for a coloration! (Would love to see it coloured ;))

ChaosAlchemist01
08-12-2012, 08:56 AM
That drawing of shiek was pretty boss! I like how you put up all the different eyes you drew. I have pages in my sketch pad where I just practice eyes!

Bulf
08-24-2012, 01:27 AM
Sleepy, may type more later. Feel free to color the lineart, just make sure to let me see what it looks like. Hylia and Link, from the Skyward Sword manga.

Bulf
09-01-2012, 06:07 PM
My threads are really dead these days.
More eye practice, and tried doing a stylized half-portrait. Idk what it is...like a pig-dog thing.

Bulf
09-10-2012, 09:27 PM
WIP: Teenage Samus. The eyes are giving me so much trouble D;

PinkGalaxies
09-10-2012, 09:37 PM
You've got some neat stuff and mad skills in shading.

Bulf
09-15-2012, 08:37 PM
Thanks =D
Bulbasaur! =D

Kirei Shijin
09-16-2012, 03:15 AM
I absolutely love the dragon. Well done! ^_^

Bulf
09-21-2012, 07:37 PM
Because we need more Zelda fanart
From Majora's Mask. probably wont color it.

Jozette
09-21-2012, 07:55 PM
Go link!

Princess Cupcake
09-21-2012, 11:46 PM
Dude that bulbasaur is badgrass! You have good sense of value and I like how the light hits him in such a way that makes his whole body glow, as if he is photosynthesizing or something. Another one I am really fond of is Hylia's Fallen Hero. I get such a serene feeling from the picture and it's cool because they both appear to be somewhat transparent which creates this effect where little orbs of light are flowing right through them. Also, I totally dig that pig-dog thing. :D

Redpanda
09-22-2012, 11:00 AM
You are really talented. Keep up the good work.

Bulf
10-02-2012, 08:59 PM
Thanks guys!
Some new stuff; A Worgen, not much to say, alternate versions and stuff (I actually don't like WoW at all). Lines for that are by Mjnollyr on DA.

Then, The Monster at Snowhead, from Majora's Mask. Two versions, one with the lines on it and one without.

And finally my last 3 eyes for a while. Since I've gotten eyes down pretty good, Imma move on to other anatomy issues, like ears :(

Bulf
10-14-2012, 07:29 PM
Two more, I thought I uploaded these earlier.
Just a quick lion sketch and an unfinished...something. I really don't know what to call it. I think imma try and paint the lion later =D

Jozette
10-14-2012, 11:52 PM
Why you be always postin animals are you so hermitty that bears are your only friends? Lol no I like em! I see video game people does'nt help your non hermit look <_< but these are really good!

Bulf
10-23-2012, 06:12 PM
Why you be always postin animals are you so hermitty that bears are your only friends? Lol no I like em! I see video game people does'nt help your non hermit look <_< but these are really good!

Thanks! I just sorta assumed that you knew I was a furry, so that should answer your question :3

But here's some new stuff. For the moment, I'm just going to practice anatomy and the occasional eye. And I owe Cantelope a gun, so I'll get around to that later. So today is some practices, anime eyes/hair, and a werewolfthingidkwhatever

Bulf
10-27-2012, 07:21 PM
Two dragons, one a quick sketch for my niece. the other a fantastical random dragon. No refs and a ton of smudging.

Rainbow Crash
10-27-2012, 07:25 PM
The detailed shading on the second dragon is awesome. I love it. I haven't seen much of your works but they are indeed pretty awesome. Need to check in more often.

Archaic Devices
10-30-2012, 07:56 PM
I think you should practice drawing dragon heads more. On the first dragon, the body looks pretty good, but the head feels awkward. I think it's because the head is so long but it's not very tall, making it look disproportionate to the rest of the body. On the second one, the shading is great. Going into some small details, you could probably go darker on the shadow between his mouth, the shadow of the horn, and the shadow beneath the head. Along with making the shadow beneath the head darker, it should also be longer since the dragon's head is so large. Another thing is that the head feels awkward to me on this drawing as well since the the neck is so thick in comparison to the head.

Bulf
11-07-2012, 01:29 PM
Thanks guys!
New stuff, all pretty self explanitory. Hair/fur practice, Anatomy sketches, re-touched my old dog doodle, and did a weird eyeless wolf thing. No effort on the actual fur, but I wanted to try doing hair again.

Bulf
11-20-2012, 04:57 PM
moar practicin'
I haven't really had a chance to sit down and grind it out.
Hair and fur are both ridiculously hard. I may do another page of eyes later. Eyes are fun.

Bulf
11-28-2012, 04:02 PM
More practice sketches. getting torsos to twist naturally IS SO HARD AAAGH

Bulf
12-08-2012, 02:49 PM
'nother dragon portrait thingy.
I may draw metallic surfaces more often

Bulf
12-24-2012, 06:22 PM
random monster contept doodle
and a confused kitty :3

Bulf
12-29-2012, 03:47 PM
I like dragons.
I need to stop slacking and try human portraits, but distractions.

Bulf
01-01-2013, 10:02 PM
Nother' one
Wanted to try a "fleshier" one. Totally inspired by eastern dragons, I'll be trying more of those soon. It's worth pointing out that he was supposed to be blind...but I don't know how to do blind eyes very well, so xD

GameGeeks
01-01-2013, 10:07 PM
For something completely different you need to do a drawing of a toad.

Bulf
01-10-2013, 09:41 PM
I'll work on that toad.
for now more anthro/muzzle practice.

Bulf
01-20-2013, 07:36 PM
Uhhhh
A page of eyes, a free anthro portrait, some torso practice, and a really really happy Link =D

Syndicate
01-21-2013, 03:55 AM
These are great, wish i had time to draw :/

Bulf
02-03-2013, 03:38 PM
Thanks! =D
Drawing is a really good thing to get into, it branches out into so much.
---
New stuff:
just two more anthro portraits for fun. I was gonna postsome quick ~2min sketches, but nsfw yo.

Bulf
03-06-2013, 12:22 PM
Itachi, a dragon, and a one-eared warrior.
I'm slacking v_v

Kāito
03-07-2013, 06:59 AM
Itachi's nose is a bit awkward i mean proportion hmm otherwise all they are pretty good

Bulf
04-20-2013, 01:17 AM
HAnds. I can't do perspective well v_v
Only one because my other hands were...horrible. and figure studies are nsfw, so :p.

Bulf
07-06-2013, 01:36 AM
Not sure why i'm updating this.
An Eye, some ear practice, an experimental (failed) dragon, human face practice (random portrait, I don't know who she is), and Link.

I really need to pay more attention to the way hair+lighting works.

Bulf
07-10-2013, 02:17 AM
Daily doodles. Trying to do at least one a day.
Pirate Luigi, Mario, Bowser, and a hand.

Bulf
07-15-2013, 06:22 PM
Daily doodles 5-8

Gyzra
07-22-2013, 09:36 AM
I love the hand and the eye. =] With hair, if you are doing it realistically, stop thinking of it as large clumps (like anime) and think of it as lots of individual strands that want to go in the same direction. Then cross the odd dark and light hair over as if it's been blown by the wind. When I get back from my holiday I'll see if I can do a tutorial to explain what I mean. =]

Bulf
07-26-2013, 01:58 AM
More daily doodles. I'm gonna have to slow down before I blow my wrist out again. Followed advice and tried practicing facial proportions, noses, etc. 5-6 hours on both portraits (no idea who the guys are though, just random references.

Serated
07-26-2013, 03:23 AM
Doing great Ellie. Just keep practicing over and over and you'll get hang of things. Try getting a pair of eyes with the brow ridge connection as more practice. Oddly enough, aligning a pair of eyes together with the nose is one of the hardest things to do. But I like where you're going.

horrendous
07-26-2013, 07:53 PM
your anthros are fricken tops man. so much detail for sketches, and the dark shading is very attractive to me. do more dog warriors with battle axes

Bulf
10-14-2013, 06:58 PM
more stuff, mostly quick studies
i forget to update this a lot

Corllean
10-15-2013, 01:18 AM
I envy how you apply shading on your drawings. How do you apply proper shading? :(

Bulf
10-15-2013, 01:43 PM
Thanks! It's mostly just a lot of practice, but I also use tortillions smudge/smooth out the tones a bit.

Bulf
04-08-2014, 08:35 PM
Mostly just been practicing stuff, gonna slowly ease back into gestures/figures soon. More skull studies soon too.