PDA

View Full Version : Graphics Contests Theme Suggestions

Archaic Devices
09-22-2011, 09:40 PM
Post some theme suggestions you have here for SOTW, BSOTW, DOTM, and BOTM. You can also post any suggestions you have about the contest in general.

DeathBlade/13.666
09-22-2011, 09:44 PM
Bob Dole. J/K! How about Musical Instruments?

Ezza Obsuna
09-22-2011, 10:00 PM
So here is the thread. Thanks for making one Loki!

These are the only ones that I can think of right now. But I'll post more later.

Family
Friendship
Food
Any Specific Country
Abstract
Your favorite color

Xeyuzio
09-24-2011, 02:44 PM
Vocaloid and UTAU, voice synth programs also work.

Daken.
09-24-2011, 03:23 PM
Sports
Mafia/Mobsters
Collab
Space
Black and white
Smudge

Bamboobowl
09-25-2011, 02:24 PM
Have we done C4D's yet? Because I think it would be an interesting contest. Literature would also make a good idea, the artist can choose which novel.

battousai_ryuu
09-25-2011, 02:47 PM
Natural wonders (ie. space, famous scenes of nature)
Mecha
Chinese Zodiac
Astrology

and I think of more I'll be back!

Zenister
10-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Poetry/song lyrics - Your entry must contain lines/lyrics from your favorite songs or poems. :3

Light Buster
10-03-2011, 12:16 PM
Comic Book Characters, Cars, Video Games, and Literature.

Meenah
10-05-2011, 04:55 AM
KPop! idk because it sounds fun...? :3
And maybe geishas, give them a try.

Xeyuzio
10-05-2011, 06:23 AM
KPop! idk because it sounds fun...? :3
And maybe geishas, give them a try.

AG said we were having a Music theme soon. =D

Zenister
10-12-2011, 07:02 PM
I would still like my poetry/song lyrics suggestion. :3

Archaic Devices
10-12-2011, 07:19 PM
I would still like my poetry/song lyrics suggestion. :3

I'd love to use it if you enter botm~

Meenah
10-14-2011, 11:36 AM
-celebrities
-phobias
-season
-still life

Rainbow Crash
10-14-2011, 11:58 AM
-A certain color
-Your favorite food
-Animegalleries.net

Zenister
10-16-2011, 02:20 AM
I'd love to use it if you enter botm~

Deal.

Serated
10-29-2011, 05:50 PM
I have 2 that might be interesting.

-A Wikipedia article. You are only allowed to use a stock featured there, and must link back to the original article.
-Draw your Signature. Probably more oriented toward the DOTM, but, you first make a signature in PS or whatever, then you draw it.

Rainbow Crash
11-27-2011, 08:58 PM
-Something you want to say [got this idea after making a signature voicing something I want to say but never could. Maybe something like that?]
-Emotions
-preset colorscheme
-your photography [you take a picture and turn whatever you took a pic. of into a signature.. ]

Bulf
12-05-2011, 05:55 PM
Just a heads up, I'll probably be picking most (if not all) of the themes from here for a while. There's a lot of good ones in here, so lets see some action!

EDIT: it would help if you gave a brief explanation unless it's as obvious as freestyle.

illu
12-06-2011, 08:17 AM
In that case:
-Timelines

SakuraKiss13
01-01-2012, 09:19 AM
Moe *just kidding*

How about Comparisons of Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow?

Rainbow Crash
01-21-2012, 05:58 PM
-Preset color scheme [again.. I still saying making something out of x & y colors would be awesome]
-animals [pretty self explanatory]
-inanimate household objects [make something of something you can find around the house.. Like a lamp]
-Make the worst signature possible [things you shouldn't do when constructing a signature.. DO THEM!!]

Zenister
01-22-2012, 03:37 PM
Since you said you needed theme ideas:

poetry
redheads
forbidden fruit - I really like this one
genderswap
crossover
butterflies
Namine Ritsu (a UTAU character)
alien
Valentine's Day
Presents for Zen because Valentine's Day is her birthday! :3
Mahou Shojou Madoka Magica.

That's all I got for now.

.Tatty.
01-22-2012, 03:53 PM
How about something clever.

A style preset such as smudge, abstract, stock blending etc etc. Providing examples in the entry thread of course.

Forces people to go out of their comfort zones, instead of making random signatures about crappy holidays and just sticking in an anime as a theme.

Acnologia
01-22-2012, 04:24 PM
Saint Seiya xD

Also I second a smudge theme let's make a smudge theme plz

Also:
Photomanipulation
Futuristic
Pre-History
Vector/Vexel
Vertical tags only
You as the stock

Xeyuzio
01-23-2012, 03:48 PM
Vocaloid.

Vocaloid.

Vocaloid.

But in all seriousness Vocaloid.

Serated
01-28-2012, 10:19 AM
I still dig the preset themes. I really miss them and seeing what people can do under constraints.

CapnJack
03-11-2012, 05:53 AM
SOTW: Headless

Okay now, don't get weird on me and let me explain. It can be character shots from anywhere below the neck; hence the term "headless". No forehead shots or back of the head shots. It could maybe be a muscle flexed arm, worn sneaker or dress shoes with crossed legs, a tattoo on a back, a samurai's sword on their waist, etc. Either way, there should be no head, face, or chin showing above the neck. Long hanging hair can't be helped so of course that's fine. Basically sell the body and not the faces we "D'awwww" over. lol

I assume that our usually crew is talented to make it good, so there shouldn't be anything to worry about with overdone female chest shots.

(**NOTE: Celty Sturluson of "DRRR" and other known actual headless characters are omitted. That's too easy people; you know better.)

Serated
03-11-2012, 04:31 PM
A Wikipedia page.

Someone goes onto Wikipedia, find an article about something they like and make a signature out of whatever images are on the Wiki. And the signature is linked back to the original Wikipedia page. Doubles as both a learning experience and a challenge on using a forced stock image.

Michael Ark Angel
02-19-2013, 01:27 PM
SOTW Idea? How about a Comic Book theme / Superheroes?

Light Buster
02-19-2013, 02:15 PM
Theme: Wipeout

I know I mentioned this already but the studio that made the series has closed so I feel that this theme can be a tribute to the series.

Theme: Preset Brushes

Make a signature/tag using a preset brush only.

AnimeIsGoodForYou
03-09-2013, 06:00 PM
a logo based off of your username

bistroblancmd
03-15-2013, 07:48 AM
If I could interject an opinion in here, I would have to admit I have changed my mind about this topic. This is due to your persuasive words and sound commentary. Thank you for sharing.

CapnJack
02-09-2014, 06:39 AM
This one just popped in my head the other day and felt like throwing it out there. How about obscure or forgotten Disney characters? It could be Susie the Little Blue Coupe or even that rat Mortimer. It can't be the main characters or hero/villain/supporting characters of the movies. Let's give a chance to those that slipped off the radar, a glamorous and dazzling display as if they never did. Those that vote should take into account not just style of the work but, by opinion, the rarest choice of character researched. Stick it with which ever contest it may allow the most time for creativity.

------------

It came to me when I was thinking about Dark Wing Duck and how it feels like Disney let a great character be swallowed by the shadows and be forgotten. He needs a movie; even if its a "House of Mouse", clusterf... mishmash of characters, 45 min long, movie special. Of course, DW is still remembered by many and I don't feel its an adequate enough choice for "obscurity", but I'm sure you all get where I'm going with this.