PDA

View Full Version : Himitsu~Kuro no Chikai

Marishaten
08-24-2011, 02:21 AM
In this song, link -> http://www.animelyrics.com/doujin/vocaloid/himitsukuronochikai.htm the "datenshi" or "fallen angel" is translated as a "she" but where the "bride" is meeting the angel she sees a "shounen". So wouldn't the angel be translated as a "he"? My apologies in advance in case I am mistaken.

animeyay
08-24-2011, 08:31 AM
This song can be confusing, so I shall explain:

fallen angel = Rin/Len
girl/maiden = Miku

Rin fell from the sky because of her injury, and she fell in love with Miku, a human girl. However, since Miku doesn't swing that way, Rin made a pact with the devil and turned herself into a boy (Len). Len seduced Miku, and they two eloped. Just when they decided to get married, Rin's lover from the heaven, Kaito, came in and killed Miku for taking Rin away from him. Rin/Len then decided to give up his/her life to revive Miku.

In other words, the angel stated off as a "she", turned into a "he" in the middle, then reverted back to a "she" in the end again, so that's what I'm going with.

Marishaten
08-24-2011, 11:46 AM
Ok. My bad for not understanding the song...I didn't know the context. And thanks a lot for explaining so nicely. You rock!