PDA

View Full Version : How goes it?

noelscot
08-11-2011, 11:08 PM
Hi,

My name is Noel.
I wonít be Captain Obvious and tell you Iím new to the Forum. lol.
I live in Talibama (Alabama).
I work in a pharmacy.
I lift weights after work about 3-4 days a week, then relax by watching some quality anime (24/7-365).
My first introduction to anime, when I was a wee lad, was the classic AKIRA. That monumental experience crystallized into a full-blown obsession with anime.
Then I went to college and slacked off--by neglecting my anime (I made good marks).
Just recently, I have really become re-absorbed with anime and manga, because I have a lot more free time.
My favorite anime series are not particularly any certain genre, but just chock full of good old-fashioned storytelling and great artwork. Some series that come to mind are Full Metal Alchemist (both series), Full Metal Panic, Blade of the Immortal, DeathNote, Bleach, Kaze No Stigma, Elfenlied, HOTD, Code Geass, etc. I donít like the series that have mindless fanservice (for instance, Najica), but I do not judge people who enjoy it.
I read a lot and enjoy Yukio Mishima, Sergei Lukyanenko, Haruki Murakami, Fyodor Dostoevsky, H.P. Lovecraft, Edgar Allan Poe, Phillip K. Dick, Raymond Chandler, and many other authors. Currently I'm reading the Chronicles of Sialis, by Alexei Pehov, at a friend's urging.
My favorite music is classical (Ravel, Faure, Wagner, Mussorgsky, etc.) and black metal, such as Burzum, Arkona, and so forth.
I used to draw quite a bit in my youth (not so much lately). I play guitar to amuse myself. I write a lot, and thatís my best talent.
Thatís quite enough about me.
Hope you enjoyed reading it and will broaden my anime horizons!

battousai_ryuu
08-13-2011, 12:54 PM
Konnichiwa!!! Welcome to AF!

Kaitou Ace
08-13-2011, 01:51 PM
Welcome, welcome. I hope you enjoy your stay at AF ^_^

Aleyna
08-13-2011, 01:52 PM
Hey there, Noel! Welcome you AF. I like FMA too. ^_^ I think you'll enjoy it here.*~hands you a cookie

raqyee
08-13-2011, 01:57 PM
Noel is such an awesome name, mine is Leon btw :D
Welcome ^^

noelscot
08-13-2011, 02:39 PM
Thank you, everyone, for your warm welcome!
And the cookie!

Elukien
08-14-2011, 04:44 PM
Welcome to AF, Noel
Enjoy your stay here and have fun.

Arumachinogunjou
08-14-2011, 04:47 PM
Welcome to the Forums, mate! and nice name you got there.

~*Red*~
08-14-2011, 05:10 PM
G'day and welcome to the forum :D

Nesh
08-14-2011, 07:02 PM
Welcome to AF!
Have lots of fun and enjoy your stay with us :3

Uta-chan~
08-14-2011, 07:13 PM
It goes well. =3 Welcome and enjoy your stay~

ZombieWolf2508
08-14-2011, 07:57 PM
Welcome ^_^

Elphaba
08-14-2011, 09:40 PM
Hello there :3
Nice intro ^^
welcome to AF

Ezza Obsuna
08-16-2011, 04:43 AM
Hi there. Welcome to af!

OtakuInu!!!
08-17-2011, 10:08 AM
Welcome to AF!

Awesome. Fellow Code Geass, Elfen Lied, and Full Metal Panic! And your intro is very interesting.

Have fun.

Aira Namikaze
08-20-2011, 07:42 PM
Hi! ^_^
Welcome to AF! :D
Enjoy your stay! :)

:welcome:

The Rebel
08-23-2011, 02:46 PM
*runs in and starts shaking your hand* Welcome, welcome to AF. Please post often, but also please follow the rules of the forum and subforums. *still shaking your hand* If you need any help, or just want to chat feel free to message me. I'm always glad to help our new meals, I mean members get used to the place. Well, guess I'll let you get back to exploring the forum. See you around the threads, LOL. *stops shaking your now numb arm and yanks it off and starts eatting it* OH, by the way thanks for the snack! Laterz. *strolls off to the next new member*

Arumachinogunjou
08-23-2011, 05:54 PM
*runs in and starts shaking your hand* Welcome, welcome to AF. Please post often, but also please follow the rules of the forum and subforums. *still shaking your hand* If you need any help, or just want to chat feel free to message me. I'm always glad to help our new meals, I mean members get used to the place. Well, guess I'll let you get back to exploring the forum. See you around the threads, LOL. *stops shaking your now numb arm and yanks it off and starts eatting it* OH, by the way thanks for the snack! Laterz. *strolls off to the next new member*

THERE! I got you now, Cannibal! you won't get away that easily! I know who you are! We'll meet again.

*dissapears into shadows*