PDA

View Full Version : hello people who like japanese cartoons!!!

beardfish
07-29-2011, 03:14 AM
Hey all, I'm new to this site and wanted to say hi.
Just thought I'd start by citing my favorite anime and why I like it so much. ;)
(A brief description)

Cowboy Bebop -
Because the cast is amazing, I love the whole "space/retro" theme and the unrelenting vibe of coolness that envelops the show, and c'mon... Spike Spiegel is a total baddass.
But seriously, this is the show that got me interested in anime to begin with...I mean, even the dog (Ein) plays an integral part in the show. Spike has a supremely nihilistic attitude due to past trauma that I can totally relate to, and is able to keep a cool head under pressure; almost as if what is going on isn't really happening, somewhat dissociative. Whenever the show allows you access into his point of view (which is quite often), it is extremely surreal and dream-like.
A recurring theme with his character throughout the show is that he is "living a dream that he will never wake up from."
I have watched the series completely about 5 times (I think?), and still cease to be amazed.
This is seriously one for the anime action fans.

Bottom line: If you are an anime fan, and you haven't seen this show in it's entirety....watch it. (And don't judge it off of one episode you saw on Adult Swim one night.)

Either way....Bounty Hunters in space?? Gunfights galore? What's not to like??! :cool:

Elukien
07-29-2011, 09:29 AM
Welcome to AF, beardfish
Enjoy your stay here and have fun.

battousai_ryuu
07-29-2011, 11:17 AM
Konnichiwa Beardfish!!! Welcome to the AF family ^_^

~*Red*~
07-29-2011, 06:13 PM
G'day and welcome to AF :)

Nesh
07-30-2011, 01:13 AM
Welcome to AF!
Have lots of fun and enjoy your stay with us :3

Ezza Obsuna
07-30-2011, 05:02 AM
hi there. enjoy your stay here and have fun posting.

Lyddie
07-31-2011, 11:46 AM
Hello !
Welcome to AF~

OtakuInu!!!
07-31-2011, 12:27 PM
Welcome to AF and have fun!

Konkulf
07-31-2011, 02:58 PM
Welcome to AF, hope you enjoy your stay :)
If you need a friend, don't be afraid to add me :)

Xanfiore
07-31-2011, 05:05 PM
Welcome to AF
Have fun and enjoy x)

The Rebel
08-10-2011, 12:54 PM
*Runs in and hands you a blanket* Don't lose this, okay? OH, and hello, welcome to animeforum. Try and post often, but PLEASE follow the rules as well. If you need any help or just want to chat, feel free to message me. I hope you enjoy your stay here,,, and be careful. *looks around and speaks quietly* Seems there is a cannibal running around biting our new members, just so you know. Well, I'll let you get back to exploring the forum then, laterz. *shakes your hand and take a bite out of you* Mmmm, yummy.
Oh, and you fogot Faye, the hot babe in the gold outfit, LOL.