PDA

View Full Version : Inuyasha: The Final Act ... anyone else watch it besides me?

Katie Dawn
07-24-2011, 10:37 PM
So, I didn't care that they haven't dubbed The Final Act yet ... I HAD to watch it. I was one of the people that was upset at the ending of the series. Definitely worth watching, even though it confused me at times. It made me laugh a lot and made me cry a lot (way more crying than in the original series ... that could just be me though).

I was just curious to see how many others have watched it ... I'd love to discuss it with you guys!

(If you're waiting for it to be dubbed, can I ask why?)

Spygirl426
03-23-2012, 08:39 PM
Not me....I'm on episode 28!

Kagome
03-23-2012, 10:19 PM
Not me....I'm on episode 28!

28...? o_o There are only 26 of Final Act.

And I watched it back when it was coming out in Japan. Late 2009 early 2010. No way was I going to wait for the dub. Though imo, the dub is pretty disgusting compared to the original Japanese anyway. I've never watched *any* Inuyasha dubbed in English, and so help me- I never will. >x>

Though then again-the manga was better than the anime all together anyway. Had more substance and better development-no fillers either.

Yurika
03-24-2012, 01:45 AM
I was impatient too, I got the subbed version.

KageNoNeko
03-24-2012, 01:49 PM
I started to watch it, but never finished it. I probably should try to figure out where I left off and then continue it.

Spygirl426
03-25-2012, 12:32 PM
I didn't even watch Final Act! That's why. I'm on episode 28 of the original InuYasha, from Netflix

Kagome
03-25-2012, 10:15 PM
I didn't even watch Final Act! That's why. I'm on episode 28 of the original InuYasha, from Netflix

Aa. I see. You should probably read the manga though. The anime leaves a LOT to be desired. Manga is a hellvua lot better.

Inuboy1000
05-14-2012, 09:44 PM
Not me (even though I'm probably one of the biggest Inuyasha fans ever), only because I'm waiting for the English dub... has it been announced yet?

Suzume
05-15-2012, 02:22 AM
I watched it on animax.
It was good. :D

Mugiwara-no-Basuke
07-18-2012, 09:13 PM
I watched it like 2 or 3 months ago and it was really awesome :D

かごめ
07-23-2012, 05:10 PM
Manga was better then 99% of the final act...I will say that the 26th episode was better then the last chapter in the manga though.

Mugiwara-no-Basuke
07-23-2012, 05:24 PM
Manga was better then 99% of the final act...I will say that the 26th episode was better then the last chapter in the manga though.

I didn't read the manga closely, only some random parts of it so can't say whether I prefer the Manga to Kanketsu-Hen but I completely agree that the last episode was better (I'd say much) than the last chapter as InuYasha and Kagome don't even kiss, which really sucks! :p
I also think that scene in which those two are at Kagome's place and almost kiss eachother (then Sota arrives and interrupts them) doesn't happen at all in the manga

Kagome
07-23-2012, 05:58 PM
I also think that scene in which those two are at Kagome's place and almost kiss eachother (then Sota arrives and interrupts them) doesn't happen at all in the manga

It does. THAT was cannon. It did indeed happen in the manga. Manga volume 50, chapter 6, cumulative chapter 494. And typical of Takahashi's humor. Very Ranma-esque.

Mugiwara-no-Basuke
07-23-2012, 06:04 PM
It does. THAT was cannon. It did indeed happen in the manga. Manga volume 50, chapter 6, cumulative chapter 494. And typical of Takahashi's humor. Very Ranma-esque.

You just improved my day a lot for saying so :p
Thanks a lot! :D I'll have a look at it asap

Kagome
07-23-2012, 06:13 PM
oxo Glad I could help. lol.

If you have *any* questions at all about what is in the manga I can tell you. And if it is in there-I can tell you where. A mod here, MaruDashi, didn't name me the resident Inuyasha Guru for nothing. lol.

I agree with かごめ that the manga is 99% better then the anime...And I think the last episode is better than the manga for the same reasons you do Luffy. x3 lol.

Mugiwara-no-Basuke
07-23-2012, 08:37 PM
oxo Glad I could help. lol.

If you have *any* questions at all about what is in the manga I can tell you. And if it is in there-I can tell you where. A mod here, MaruDashi, didn't name me the resident Inuyasha Guru for nothing. lol.

I agree with かごめ that the manga is 99% better then the anime...And I think the last episode is better than the manga for the same reasons you do Luffy. x3 lol.

Thanks for all the help :D
I can see you really are a pro when it comes to InuYasha :p

And about the last episode vs the last chapter well, ending without InuYasha and Kagome kissing isn't really ending, glad I've watched the last episode first than read the last chapter :p

Clayton_n
07-26-2012, 04:56 PM
http://webpages.charter.net/smerrow/posters/kagome.jpg

I have it. It's a pretty darn good way to end the series.

Though since Kagome lives in the same area as her family Shrine there's a better than average chance that she's her own great-great-great-great-great grandmother.

And that she and Inuyasa died horribly since said dog demon is not still in the area. Neither is Sesshomaru or any of the others really... unless...

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/036/a/a/the_doctor_and_kagome_by_mpboruff-d4oq1si.jpg

Mugiwara-no-Basuke
07-26-2012, 05:32 PM
I have it. It's a pretty darn good way to end the series.

Though since Kagome lives in the same area as her family Shrine there's a better than average chance that she's her own great-great-great-great-great grandmother.

And that she and Inuyasa died horribly since said dog demon is not still in the area. Neither is Sesshomaru or any of the others really... unless...

Funny and adequated images, both of them :p

Haha, that's a pretty nice point of seeing things.
As I said in this thread http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?107792-If-You-Could-Go-Back-in-Time-and-Change-One-Thing, the result of time travellings can lead to time paradoxals like what you've said: Kagome's being her own great-great-great-great-great grandmother, which theorically is impossible.

Clayton_n
07-26-2012, 05:36 PM
At least Kikiyo died without kids. That would have added a whole other ring to the whole thing.

Mugiwara-no-Basuke
07-26-2012, 06:05 PM
At least Kikiyo died without kids. That would have added a whole other ring to the whole thing.

Sorry, what do you mean by a whole other ring?

Kagome
07-26-2012, 07:15 PM

She didn't know Inuyasha long enough, nor was she intemate at all with him to even *go* that far as to have children. She wouldn't have ever dreamed of it until the tama was gone anyway.

Though therein lies the issue...if Inuyasha had wished to become human for Kikyou, the tama would not have been purified and vanished-because essentially in the tama's idea-that would have been a selfish wish, and it would have used it to continue on...so Kikyou would not have been able to be just a woman as she'd wanted. Which is sad...but...that's the way the tama worked.

Mugiwara-no-Basuke
07-26-2012, 07:53 PM
She didn't know Inuyasha long enough, nor was she intemate at all with him to even *go* that far as to have children. She wouldn't have ever dreamed of it until the tama was gone anyway.

Though therein lies the issue...if Inuyasha had wished to become human for Kikyou, the tama would not have been purified and vanished-because essentially in the tama's idea-that would have been a selfish wish, and it would have used it to continue on...so Kikyou would not have been able to be just a woman as she'd wanted. Which is sad...but...that's the way the tama worked.

And as always Higurashi Kagome knows everything about InuYasha :D

ARKphoenix
07-27-2012, 07:33 AM
Inuyasha was the very first Anime I watched back in 2005 and I loved it. Obviously the ending left me very angry and I heard from multiple sources that they were never gonna continue with the series. So, you can imagine how excited I was to hear they were gonna continue the series and finish the story.

Being the first Anime I watched I watched the English dub (these days I wouldn't dream of watching any Anime in English seeing how terrible they are) but I thought the VA's for Inuy. done a decent job. So i waited for them to dub it in English only to find out the original VA's were not reprising their roles for the Final Act. So I have yet to watch it but I'll give the Japanese dub a try at some point... well, I will soon because I really wanna see the ending.

Mugiwara-no-Basuke
07-27-2012, 07:47 AM
Inuyasha was the very first Anime I watched back in 2005 and I loved it. Obviously the ending left me very angry and I heard from multiple sources that they were never gonna continue with the series. So, you can imagine how excited I was to hear they were gonna continue the series and finish the story.

Being the first Anime I watched I watched the English dub (these days I wouldn't dream of watching any Anime in English seeing how terrible they are) but I thought the VA's for Inuy. done a decent job. So i waited for them to dub it in English only to find out the original VA's were not reprising their roles for the Final Act. So I have yet to watch it but I'll give the Japanese dub a try at some point... well, I will soon because I really wanna see the ending.

Yup, I watched Inuyasha's first series and Kanketsu-hen a few months ago so didn't need to wait for it :p
But I can't even imagine how agry you actually got since first series' ending is really lame, I wouldn't even call it an ending as everything stays open, it's pretty much like FMA ending
Yeah, watch them sub, the japanese voices of InuYasha, Kagome, Shipou, Miroku, Sango, Sesshomaru, Jaken, Naraku, Kouga... well, everyone's voices are awesome! :D

Clayton_n
07-28-2012, 12:42 PM
Sorry, what do you mean by a whole other ring?

Well what if Kagome and Inuyasha's kids married into Kikyo (and Inuyasha?)'s family and then produced Kagome and family?

Might explain grandpa though...

Kagome
07-28-2012, 04:10 PM
Well what if Kagome and Inuyasha's kids married into Kikyo (and Inuyasha?)'s family and then produced Kagome and family?

Might explain grandpa though...

Dide-Kikyou and Inuyasha having children was impossible. She'd never have them with him until he was human and the tama was gone....which the tama would never have disappeared if Inuyasha had wished on it to be human, because it wasn't the "Right Wish"

Clayton_n
07-28-2012, 06:03 PM
Okay, maybe Kaede's kids and Kagome's?

yuki_01
07-29-2012, 04:54 AM
OOhhhh i just bought the final act todayy!!!
im sooo EXCITED !!!! :D

かごめ
07-29-2012, 02:32 PM
Okay, maybe Kaede's kids and Kagome's?

o-o Kaede didn't have children though. She became a miko after Kikyou died, so she wouldn't anyway...Sides, who would she have had them with? She was like-10 when Kiks passed away.

Clayton_n
07-31-2012, 12:44 PM
Yeah... and she had 50 years that we know nothing about.