PDA

View Full Version : Hello (As it turns out, you have to start somewhere)

Telegraph
07-19-2011, 02:19 AM
I am here because I was referred by this dude who I know on another message board. I am not sure what his sn is here, but maybe he will recognize mine if he sees this thread. Or something. Supposedly there are others here too. I dunno. All I know is that I went to a different forum first, registered there, and was like "Oh, this not the same forum he told me to go to! I am an idiot!" And I bet the people there think so too, because I mentioned that in my intro thread there as well.

What do I like? I like stuff. I like lots of different music. Right now I am in love with the Avett Brothers, who are a kind of alt country or folk band. Somewhat popular recently I think, as per they were on the Grammys this year. Although I can't be certain. Usually though, I'm into punk rock, ska, alternative, indie, electronica, etc. My favorite bands jointly are They Might Be Giants and Five Iron Frenzy.

I also like movies. I just saw True Grit tonight (the new one.) That was pretty awesome. Usually like comedies and action movies. Also, anime, though I suppose it goes without saying. Love Studio Ghibli, but I think Akira is my fav movie. Evangelion or TTGL are my favorite series.

I like having a job. I am looking for one right now. It is lame, not having one. You will find out more about me as time goes on, I am sure. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

tesaamari
07-19-2011, 04:28 AM
welcome to af telegraph--
you're so lucky to be here, enjoy x)

wish you luck with your job hunt hihihi

~*Red*~
07-19-2011, 04:28 AM
Hello and welcome :)

Nesh
07-19-2011, 07:03 AM
Welcome to AF!
Have lots of fun and enjoy your stay with us :3

Elukien
07-19-2011, 08:08 AM
Welcome to AF, Telegraph
Enjoy your stay here and have fun.

Furore
07-19-2011, 12:23 PM
Good to see you joined dude. :D

Nowi
07-19-2011, 01:01 PM
I thought I replied to this already! Ah well...

Welcome to our forum blabla you know the drill.
Read (http://www.animeforum.com/misc.php?do=showrules). <- Before you post.
Feel free to add me as a friend, I'm always up for a small chat.

See ya around.

OtakuInu!!!
07-19-2011, 02:02 PM
Welcome to AF!

I believe it's the correct forum. XD

Have fun.

Kit21
07-19-2011, 02:18 PM
lol i'll laugh if you were on the other anime site that i joined just recently...

So you liked True Grit? I thought it was okay...not the best movie in the world but it was ok.

Welcome to the forums! :)

***btw finding a job really sucks I suggest just hooking up with walmart or a gas station to get you started...it's better than not working at all***

Telegraph
07-19-2011, 05:14 PM
Good to see you joined dude. :DThere's that guy! :D I found it!

Yuss, this is the correct site. The other one I went to has a very similar url, btw (add a "z" to "forum," and there you are.) And I already went and looked at the rules ;) Thankee for the link, though. And I looked around a bit, and I'm wondering, how strict is that "no cursing" rule enforced? Seems I saw some minor cursing here and there in some posts, and I have a tendency to slip a bit, myself...

Thankee for the well-wishes on the job hunt. I will need them... Heh... Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

th_afuro_samurai8
07-19-2011, 07:42 PM
cool! i just joined and i already love it. i too luvvvv Evangelion!

Elphaba
07-19-2011, 07:43 PM
Hello there
You have an amazing intro, you sound very interesting :3
Have fun posting

Nene-Chan
07-19-2011, 08:31 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask ^^

Ezza Obsuna
07-19-2011, 10:15 PM
i like stuff too. teehee.. welcome and enjoy!

Furore
07-20-2011, 09:42 AM
I'm wondering, how strict is that "no cursing" rule enforced? Seems I saw some minor cursing here and there in some posts, and I have a tendency to slip a bit, myself...

Think of it this way man, I've only been done for it twice. XD I think if the word isn't censored it's fine as a goodly mod named Eris told me to just shy way from words that become asterisks once posted. And if they are asterisks, edit the post orrrr... you get done for it. XD

Oh and one of the many forum mysteries is Eris' gender. My money's on female.

battousai_ryuu
07-20-2011, 11:10 AM
Konnichiwa!!! Welcome to the AF family ^-^

The Rebel
07-20-2011, 11:36 AM
*runs in, hands you a blanket, and then starts to vigorously shake your hand* Greetings and salutations. Welcome to AF. Please follow the rules, but post often if you can. If you need any help feel free to ask. We're always glad to help new members. *still shaking your hand, and looks around* By the way,, watch out for blanket thieves and cannibals. They tend to prey on new members, but it a one time thing so, I think you should survive it, lol. Well, I must get back to greeting the other new meals,,,, I mean members. See you around the forum. *stops shaking your now numb arm, and bites your hand off, then starts chewing on it* Laterz. hehe

Telegraph
07-20-2011, 01:14 PM
Furore-Eris sounds like another staff member I know. And thanks for the heads up on the swearing.
Elphaba-I try :D
The Rebel-Oh noes, my hand... It'll grow back, I'm sure. Thanks for the blanket, though! Also, that's some avy...

Forgot to say anything about True Grit. Yeah, it was good. I guess it's a little slow paced, but I don't mind that. I thought Jeff Bridges and Mattie Ross definitely earned their Oscar nominations, and everyone else was good too. Especially the Bear Guy. He took his teeth, but you can have what's left... ;)

Also, thankee everyone else for the welcomes, once again! I will see about posting, though I tend to be a lurker at heart. Think I have a lead on the job hunt now, so yay! Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

IndustrialCarnage
07-20-2011, 01:20 PM
And you started here.
Welcome, etc.