PDA

View Full Version : Lostprophets

OneWingAngel-Cloud
04-26-2004, 10:35 AM
anyone heard of the lostprophets? if you have, then i would think that you like them, if you haven't....then shame on you. They simple rock and kick @$$, thats all i can say right now. I have some of their lyrics from one of their songs in my sig,the song is called "Burn,Burn" is one of the best songs on their album "Start Somethig"

Purple Toupee
04-26-2004, 01:29 PM
Lost prophets blow. Nu-metal was big last year Lost prophets do nu-metal, hardcore is in this year Lost prophets do hardcore. They follow the trends and the only people who think their music is good are 12 year old girls

OneWingAngel-Cloud
05-01-2004, 08:00 AM
trends?...wow,thats gotta be the biggest pile of bull i've ever heard.Lostprophets, to me are a unique kind of band and thats why i like them. And since when in the history of the world has a band ever tried to keep up with a trend? I haven't seen it, and i listen to alot of music. And another thing, since when do 12-year-old girls listen to rock music and actually like it?...none, thank you very much...

Purple Toupee
05-01-2004, 01:24 PM
Lost Prophets, Unique? have you been living under a rock for the last 3 years ?
They sound like everyother post-hardcore wannabe emo pop band today. if you want unique listen to Coheed and cambria or Shai hulud.
On bands keeping up with trends, Limp bizkit. First album what awsome, second has a hip hop/metal cross over hit and it goes to fred durst's head, the rest was pants. They totally sold out.
Lostprophets the biggest bunch of posers around, as for them being the best "euro band" listen to Funeral for a friend and Hundred reasons, their loads better.

SailorMars
05-02-2004, 12:22 PM
I don't know any of ther songs, but I dunno, i just think it's not very nice to say they "blow", while all the groups you like are the best ones, Purple. ^^;
I know lots of people that like them. <3

Princess Mononoke
05-20-2004, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Purple Toupee@May 1 2004, 11:24 AM
Lost Prophets, Unique? have you been living under a rock for the last 3 years ?
They sound like everyother post-hardcore wannabe emo pop band today.
Actually, the lost prophets are unique in their own way, which is, its a rock band that actually knows how to write music. Take "last train home" for example, listen to it, its not just the lyrics that are about a train but the song relates to a train. EVERY instrument in that song is written to sound in some way like a beat of a train (you can really tell it with the drums). Now I&#39;m not a music major but I do know that that can be extremly hard to compose and play together and theirs only been a few other bands that have done it AND sounded good.
So maybe next time you should LISTEN to the music and learn something instead of following the trends you set as your own examples.

_hades the wicked
05-20-2004, 08:50 AM
They aren&#39;t bad... Not the best, like OWA said, but they&#39;re OK.
I personally prefer Nightwish... :P

Purple Toupee
05-20-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Princess Mononoke@May 20 2004, 05:24 AM
Take "last train home" for example, listen to it, its not just the lyrics that are about a train but the song relates to a train.&nbsp; EVERY instrument in that song is written to sound in some way like a beat of a train (you can really tell it with the drums).&nbsp; Now I&#39;m not a music major but I do know that that can be extremly hard to compose and play together and theirs only been a few other bands that have done it AND sounded good.
Thats one of the stupidest things i&#39;ve ever heard, since when do pitched harmonics and power chords sound like a train ? The only thing that sound remotly locomotive is the excessive use of the snare drum.
What they play is bog-standard, Listen to The Dillinger escape plan and you&#39;ll hear something "extremly hard to compose and play".

SailorMars
05-20-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Purple Toupee@May 20 2004, 04:38 PM
Thats one of the stupidest things i&#39;ve ever heard, since when do pitched harmonics and power chords sound like a train ? The only thing that sound remotly locomotive is the excessive use of the snare drum.
What they play is bog-standard, Listen to The Dillinger escape plan and you&#39;ll hear something "extremly hard to compose and play".
Tha&#39;s not an attitude that&#39;s gonna get you anywhere. I haven&#39;t heard the song myself, but I find it extremely rude that you said what Mononoke thought was stupid. Evryone gets their own things out of songs.

Your way isn&#39;t always the right way, you know. I could very well say that Escape Plan sucks, but I won&#39;t. Because it&#39;s your opnion. I&#39;m not going to say it&#39;s rubbish and tell you to listen to my favourites, because they are the only good songs around.

Maybe yo should hear other people out, becfre you knock them down.

Purple Toupee
05-20-2004, 03:29 PM
I did hear Mononoke out,i even downloaded it to see for my self. Maybe my comment was a bit harsh, i just couldnt see where she was coming from. To me their music is soulless and to try and analyze it is pointless.
I apologize if i offended anyone, i just realized im pretty opinionated.
Sorry.

Manhattan_Project_2000
05-20-2004, 08:01 PM
To me, Lost Prophets sound very much the same as everybody else. Perhaps they&#39;re better than some bands, but they&#39;re nothing I haven&#39;t heard before. Shinobi vs. Dragon Ninja would have sounded better if it was harder, and Last Train Home would be a good song with a different band.

Lost Prophets sound like Our Lady Peace, or Tonic clones with slightly harder guitars.

_hades the wicked
05-20-2004, 09:18 PM
...It&#39;s just like if I had said that Coheed and Cambria sucks... Because that they do... But hey, if ya like them, whatever floats your boat... I won&#39;t try and change what you like and what you don&#39;t, cause that&#39;s a right you have.

SaceGolem2
05-26-2004, 11:50 AM
To be honest they arent that bad at all. But its not like this formula hasn&#39;t been used already. Still that doesn&#39;t take anyhting from them.

Manhattan_Project_2000
05-27-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by SaceGolem2@May 26 2004, 10:50 AM
To be honest they arent that bad at all. But its not like this formula hasn&#39;t been used already. Still that doesn&#39;t take anyhting from them.
What about Credibility and Artistic Integrity?

No, I agree they aren’t horrible musicians. But they ain’t original musicians either. And you can&#39;t be all that good when you sound like every other band.

_hades the wicked
05-27-2004, 12:09 PM
Putting in short, they "don&#39;t suck"... lol
They need more neurones... Just that.

SaceGolem2
05-27-2004, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Manhatten_Project_2000+May 27 2004, 10:25 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Manhatten_Project_2000 @ May 27 2004, 10:25 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SaceGolem2@May 26 2004, 10:50 AM
What about Credibility and Artistic Integrity?

No, I agree they aren’t horrible musicians. But they ain’t original musicians either. And you can&#39;t be all that good when you sound like every other band. [/b][/quote]
Yes thats true, but its not easy nowadays. Nevertheless you make a good point.

_hades the wicked
05-28-2004, 11:21 AM
It&#39;s not that hard either... All you gotta do is be original... Listen to what&#39;s being played and play something that is totally different from everyone else... Get some influences help too, but not depend on them...