PDA

View Full Version : Hello :D

Shikshin
06-23-2011, 03:31 PM
Hey there,
As I only have one or two friends where I live who are also interested in Anime, I've come here to meet some more people, so I'm always up for a chat. My favourite Anime would be Death Note, but I also like Sugar Sugar Rune, K-On! and I've started to watch Ouran High School Host to see if I like it - please reccommend me some Anime, preferrably with deep characters and a very well thought out plot, I've been watching too much cutesy and girly things lately purely because to me, they are the easiest to find, so I hope I can be pointed in the right direction of some more gripping series.
I'm from England and in the rest of my spare time I sing in collab groups with people I know on some K-Pop forums and do some covers too. I did do a little fandubbing once to fill in for someone for a couple of episodes, so I'm keeping an eye out for when another opportunity like that comes along. I also self teach myself Japanese and Korean. I also love to draw and paint - maybe I'll post some pictures? :)
Hmm, well, it's nice to meet you. Thanks if you've read all of this - not sure how much other people may have posted for their introduction, but I know I can be a little lengthy sometimes hehe :P
Here is my: Artwork Thread (http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?103493-Shikshin-s-Art&p=2576606&viewfull=1#post2576606) that I posted if you are interested. There's only 2 pictures up right now, but I'll be adding more soon ^^

Elukien
06-23-2011, 03:38 PM
I recommend watching Clannad, I think you'll enjoy it.
Any whom, Welcome to AF Shikshin
Enjoy your stay here and have fun.

MAKASOUL
06-23-2011, 03:45 PM
Hello shikshin welcome to AF hope you meet new people and hope to see you around ^^.

PS.yep i read it all LOL.

razorblade
06-23-2011, 07:20 PM
welcome to animeforum
you should try deadman wonderland and afterschool charisma
pretty good books right now
hope you enjoy it here
:3

~*Red*~
06-23-2011, 10:06 PM
Hello and welcome :)

Xangsong
06-24-2011, 12:39 AM
Hello, welcome to AF!
I am pretty new here, too.

I started watching Fullmetal Alchemist awhile back, and it is amazing. I highly recommend it.

You should post your art! I draw, too, but the peeps here are way better than I am. I would be interested in seeing your art.

Again, welcome to AF. Hope you enjoy your stay here.
Feel free to message me sometime if you're bored. ;P

Elphaba
06-24-2011, 01:40 PM
Hello there :3
Welcome to AF
Have fun

Shikshin
06-24-2011, 03:05 PM
Thankyou for all the welcome messages ^_^

I recommend watching Clannad, I think you'll enjoy it.
Any whom, Welcome to AF Shikshin
Enjoy your stay here and have fun.
Thanks for the recommendation, I've watched the first three episodes so far, and it does interest me :)

welcome to animeforum
you should try deadman wonderland and afterschool charisma
pretty good books right now
hope you enjoy it here
:3
Thankyou ^^ Will definately give them a go!

Hello, welcome to AF!
I am pretty new here, too.

I started watching Fullmetal Alchemist awhile back, and it is amazing. I highly recommend it.

You should post your art! I draw, too, but the peeps here are way better than I am. I would be interested in seeing your art.

Again, welcome to AF. Hope you enjoy your stay here.
Feel free to message me sometime if you're bored. ;P
A cousin of mine likes Fullmetal Alchemist :) I'll have a watch and tell you how it goes. Thanks :3
I posted an artwork thread here (http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?103493-Shikshin-s-Art&p=2576606&viewfull=1#post2576606), but I haven't posted much work yet.

Nesh
06-25-2011, 04:25 PM
Welcome to AF!
Have lots of fun and enjoy your stay with us :3

battousai_ryuu
06-25-2011, 04:38 PM
Konnichiwa! Welcome to the AF family -^-^-

Aku no Hikari
06-25-2011, 09:21 PM
Welcome to AF.

I'll recommend you a few good series from different genres to help broaden your anime experience:

- Fate/Stay Night (pretty good stuff)
- Code Geass (epic melodramatic series with epic characters, a great plot, a lot of action and even comedy. A must-watch)
- Evangelion (a classic, if you don't mind "sick" characters, a dull beginning and huge mind screws in the end. Watch the main 26 episodes series and then the movie, End of Evangelion. The movie shows the actual concrete ending, while the last two episodes show the philosophical struggle inside the protagonist's mind during the actual ending. The series and even the movie will leave you with confusions until you read the background taken from spin-off games in the wikis.)
- Hell Girl (great shoujo series)
- Howl's Moving Castle (movie, a Miyazaki classic. Actually, everything by Miyazaki is awesome, so google that)
- Haruhi (watch the whole series in the 2009 chronological order (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Melancholy_of_Haruhi_Suzumiya_episodes #2009_version) if you didn't read the novels and you want continuity and character development to make sense. After the series, watch the movie, The Disappearance)

Actually, although I really recommend you start off with these, feel free to browse through our recommendations/requests thread (http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?85734-Recommendation-Request-Thread.-Read-the-first-post) for more options.

Enjoy your stay here. :D

Shikshin
06-26-2011, 05:52 PM
Welcome to AF.

I'll recommend you a few good series from different genres to help broaden your anime experience:

- Fate/Stay Night (pretty good stuff)
- Code Geass (epic melodramatic series with epic characters, a great plot, a lot of action and even comedy. A must-watch)
- Evangelion (a classic, if you don't mind "sick" characters, a dull beginning and huge mind screws in the end. Watch the main 26 episodes series and then the movie, End of Evangelion. The movie shows the actual concrete ending, while the last two episodes show the philosophical struggle inside the protagonist's mind during the actual ending. The series and even the movie will leave you with confusions until you read the background taken from spin-off games in the wikis.)
- Hell Girl (great shoujo series)
- Howl's Moving Castle (movie, a Miyazaki classic. Actually, everything by Miyazaki is awesome, so google that)
- Haruhi (watch the whole series in the 2009 chronological order (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Melancholy_of_Haruhi_Suzumiya_episodes #2009_version) if you didn't read the novels and you want continuity and character development to make sense. After the series, watch the movie, The Disappearance)

Actually, although I really recommend you start off with these, feel free to browse through our recommendations/requests thread (http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?85734-Recommendation-Request-Thread.-Read-the-first-post) for more options.

Enjoy your stay here. :D

Thankyou very much for all of those recommendations ^^
I've researched into the plots and they seem right down my street especially Code Geass and Hell Girl.
I'm actually quite into Hayao Miyazaki's work, Princess Mononoke in particular along with the Studio Ghibli works, but admittedly, I haven't watched as many as I would have liked, and Howl's Moving Castle is one of those that I just havent gotten round to yet. Thanks for the reminder :)

Aku no Hikari
06-27-2011, 09:49 AM
Thankyou very much for all of those recommendations ^^
I've researched into the plots and they seem right down my street especially Code Geass and Hell Girl.
I'm actually quite into Hayao Miyazaki's work, Princess Mononoke in particular along with the Studio Ghibli works, but admittedly, I haven't watched as many as I would have liked, and Howl's Moving Castle is one of those that I just havent gotten round to yet. Thanks for the reminder :)
You're welcome. Enjoy your stay here! (:

Hypatia
06-27-2011, 12:30 PM
Hello there.
Welcome to Anime Forum:)
Have fun posting:)
Look forward to seeing your drawings:)

Shikshin
06-28-2011, 03:49 AM
Thanks :) I posted a separate thread for those the other day, but forgot to edit my first post here >.< You can find it here (http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?103493-Shikshin-s-Art&p=2576606&viewfull=1#post2576606), thankyou for taking an interest ^^

Aira Namikaze
06-29-2011, 09:27 AM
Welcome to AF! :)
Enjoy!:D

:welcome:

Try watching Shiki. :D It's nice :D

The Rebel
07-05-2011, 03:39 PM
*strolls into the room and starts drooling over ALL the new members to feed on* My oh my... *strolls over to you and starts shaking your hand vigorously* Hello, and welcome to animeforum. Please post often, but also follow the rules of the forum, and it's sub-forums. If you need any help, or just wanna chat feel free to message me anytime. *is still vigorously shaking your hand as you arm goes numb* I hope you enjoy your stay here and find lots of friends and interesting things to keep you coming back. But where are my manners, I better let you get back to exploring the forum, and meeting as many people as you can. Not to mention there are still so many new members for me to great yet. Well, catch you laterz, and take it easy. *your arm falls off from the excessive shaking and I walk away chewing on it* OH, and thanks for the snack! *waves the arm as I walk away*
Hmm, I have seen MANY titles, so if ya want to, just PM me and I can see if I can think of some titles to recommend for you.