PDA

View Full Version : よろしくお願いいたします

eyestrain
06-22-2011, 02:14 AM
Hello, I'm here to submit lyrics I've translated in my free time. I enjoy translation, but I am very poor at it and am sure I will have to ask for your help.

I've studied Japanese for about six years but only two years were college study. I lived alone in Japan from 2009-2010. I hope to be an artist. I study filmmaking and media arts.
Please take care of me.

Sawada Ieyasu
06-22-2011, 02:19 AM
Ossu.

Welcome to AnimeForum.com - It's always nice to have another translator on board, so we hope you enjoy your stay here. [

We have other translators that will be able to help you, they should be around here somewhere.

eyestrain
06-22-2011, 03:00 AM
Ossu :)
Thank you.
Pardon my stiff writing. It's an attempt to bring discipline back into my language use, which has become very lazy and largely incorrect.

Daken.
06-22-2011, 03:07 AM
Welcome to AF,
I like your choice of username lol.

Hope to be a artist?
You should show off some of your work in the Dazzle us and Fan Art sections of the forum.

Sawada Ieyasu
06-22-2011, 03:22 AM
Ossu :)
Thank you.
Pardon my stiff writing. It's an attempt to bring discipline back into my language use, which has become very lazy and largely incorrect.
It's quite alright, I have those moments here and there as well.

Actually, I'd like to ask you personally if you could translate a song to be put on here, since it's very scarce on the internet. ;o_o

eyestrain
06-22-2011, 03:28 AM
Actually, I'd like to ask you personally if you could translate a song to be put on here, since it's very scarce on the internet. ;o_o
Let me know the song information. I may not be able to find the kanji lyrics to work from or put together an accurate translation. But I can give it a shot.

Thanks Daken. I don't have any fanart to share, but I've linked my deviantart page (http://eyestrain.deviantart.com) in my profile if anyone is curious.

Sawada Ieyasu
06-22-2011, 05:08 AM
Let me know the song information. I may not be able to find the kanji lyrics to work from or put together an accurate translation. But I can give it a shot.

Thanks Daken. I don't have any fanart to share, but I've linked my deviantart page (http://eyestrain.deviantart.com) in my profile if anyone is curious.

" Power " by " Pocket Biscuits ". I've listened to the song over and over, but I've yet to figure out what they're singing about.

eyestrain
06-22-2011, 05:45 AM
" Power " by " Pocket Biscuits ". I've listened to the song over and over, but I've yet to figure out what they're singing about.
I can give you the opening chorus now:
South wind, carry my overflowing feelings to that person.

The rest might take a little while. I'll do my best.

Elphaba
06-22-2011, 08:37 AM
Hello there :3
welcome to AF

Avi-chan
06-22-2011, 01:12 PM
Welcome to AF!
Have lot's of fun and enjoy your stay with us :3

Sawada Ieyasu
06-22-2011, 02:48 PM
I can give you the opening chorus now:
South wind, carry my overflowing feelings to that person.

The rest might take a little while. I'll do my best.
;x_X Thank you. Do you think you could send me the lyrics when you're finished? @ Wall message

Frederica Sawyer
06-22-2011, 04:57 PM
Oh man, someone here who speaks the language other than me for once! xD

Enjoy yourself; please have as much fun as possible!

Elukien
06-22-2011, 04:58 PM
Welcome to AF eyestrain
Enjoy your stay here and have fun.

animeyay
06-22-2011, 05:39 PM
AFにようこそ!訳者同士として、一緒に頑張りましょね。
もし何か問題や質問があったら、遠慮せずに聞いてくださいよ!

eyestrain
06-22-2011, 06:46 PM
AFにようこそ!訳者同士として、一緒に頑張りましょね。
もし何か問題や質問があったら、遠慮せずに聞いてくださいよ!
どうもお世話になります。Animeyayさんの日本語の能力が感心いたします。こちらはまだまだ下手なの でこれからきっと指導を何回も頼んでしまいます。

Thank you everyone for your warm welcome. I hope to become useful to you. I like messages so don't hesitate in sending me some.

battousai_ryuu
06-23-2011, 12:14 AM
Konnichiwa! Welcome to the AF family! It's great to have another translator on board.....hmmmm I really should work more on my Japanese :D

eyestrain
06-23-2011, 03:18 AM
PS- Not to "Double Post", but I submitted a reply several hours ago and it still hasn't appeared. This has happened with a few other posts I've made.
Is such a long processing time usual? Are my comments being moderated because I'm new?

PPS- Wow, this comment went through without any moderation at all.
Maybe because the other comment had Japanese in it?

Aira Namikaze
06-23-2011, 09:00 AM
Welcome to AF!
Enjoy! :D

:welcome:

MAKASOUL
06-23-2011, 11:13 AM
Hello eyestrain welcome to AF hope you enjoy your stay,and i hope to see you around.

~*Red*~
06-23-2011, 08:11 PM
Hello there :)

eyestrain
06-27-2011, 08:44 AM
Thanks to you three as well. See you around the forums.

The Rebel
07-05-2011, 02:51 PM
*strolls into the room and starts drooling over ALL the new members to feed on* My oh my... *strolls over to you and starts shaking your hand vigorously* Hello, and welcome to animeforum. Please post often, but also follow the rules of the forum, and it's sub-forums. If you need any help, or just wanna chat feel free to message me anytime. *is still vigorously shaking your hand as you arm goes numb* I hope you enjoy your stay here and find lots of friends and interesting things to keep you coming back. But where are my manners, I better let you get back to exploring the forum, and meeting as many people as you can. Not to mention there are still so many new members for me to great yet. Well, catch you laterz, and take it easy. *your arm falls off from the excessive shaking and I walk away chewing on it* OH, and thanks for the snack! *waves the arm as I walk away*

Vanilla Tsundere
07-05-2011, 05:15 PM
I like you already, eyestrain! C: Welcome to Anime Forum!

eyestrain
07-08-2011, 04:15 AM
Thanks to you both.

I've noticed something about this forum. The forums and groups I visited seemed fairly inactive. Where is everyone?

Tranquiose
07-08-2011, 04:38 AM
Welcome to AF!, wait wait ..let me read your Title xD..
Yoroshiku a damn katakana xD....Yoroshiku a[]iitashimasu xD..i hope i got it right!, Enjoy your Stay here!

eyestrain
07-08-2011, 03:07 PM
"Yoroshiku Onegai itashimasu"
Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu is a phrase which means, "Please think favorably of me" or "Please be good to me", even "please take care of things". But it's almost always used when meeting someone for the first time as a kind of "nice to meet you".

The 'katakana' you ran into is actually kanji, a chinese character with set meaning (rather than a sound-only symbol with no meaning). 願い is a request, desire, wish, or favor.

Itashimasu is the keigo, or most polite form, of "shimasu". So instead of Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu, I used Yoroshiku Onegai itashimasu to express my respect for this forum and its members and my own humility.

Thank you for your welcome and keep studying! You don't need to know anything about keigo right away, but spend a little time with kanji (the 'alphabet' of chinese characters).