PDA

View Full Version : Sad and Searching

NorCalAirman
04-17-2011, 05:03 PM
Hello there. I've always been a casual anime fan but never got into any series, mostly just watched movies and pop in my special edition of Akira now and again. That and ghost in the Shell are two of my favorites. I like sci-fi mostly, from tomorrow to the stars.

Anyway, I am at an assignment and geographically separated from my family, who don't care for anime much, so I started watching Trigun and Cowboy Bebop. I finished both today. :(

So now I'm looking for a couple new series to watch. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex is an obvious pick, but I'd like to find another as well. If it's available on AnimeFreak, all the better.

Anyway, I'll be around.

-NorCal

Elukien
04-17-2011, 05:05 PM
Welcome to AF NorCalAirman
Enjoy your stay here and have fun.

╬Karami Mew~Meow
04-17-2011, 05:19 PM
Awwww, well keep it up! >=O Anime will surely brighten your days >.< It will bring your imagination to a happier and more exciting place like how it does with my hard times ^^

..and WELCOME to AF =] I hope you will enjoy it here ^^

chiichanny
04-17-2011, 05:25 PM
Hello and welcome!, if you send me a message i can show you where you can find other awsome anime that you might like.
hope we can be good friends!~
its nice to meet you ^-^

Nesh
04-17-2011, 05:29 PM
Welcome 2 AF!
Have lots of fun & enjoy your stay with us :3

~*Red*~
04-17-2011, 05:40 PM
Hello NorCalAirman and welcome :)

*MayMay*
04-17-2011, 05:50 PM
Welcome, and it's so nice to meet you. ^-^ Have fun while you're here, and I hope to see ya around... :3

Elphaba
04-17-2011, 08:16 PM
Hello there :3
welcome to AF

Meteorkeeper
04-18-2011, 01:54 PM
Welcome to AF Nor...I am just going to call you that if that’s ok
I hope you enjoy your time here with us and find many new and entertaining anime while your here. :)
Have fun!

NorCalAirman
04-18-2011, 05:26 PM
Welcome to AF Nor...I am just going to call you that if that’s ok
I hope you enjoy your time here with us and find many new and entertaining anime while your here. :)
Have fun!

Haha, Nor is fine. I'm in a logic class, so it has some significance.

Kentaro Kurosaki
04-18-2011, 05:52 PM
Gotta watch bleach....WATCH IT XD

Welcome to AF Enjoy your stay

Feel free to friend me at anytime.(Clicking this will bring you to my profile) (http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?252560-Ken-Spencer)

Clang
04-18-2011, 06:01 PM
I've always been a casual anime fan but never got into any series, mostly just watched movies and pop in my special edition of Akira now and again. That and ghost in the Shell are two of my favorites.

Hehe, this is rather interesting. Two of the first animes things ever that I watched were Akira and Ghost In The Shell and I was far too young to understand either. I think Akira required of me 7 rewatches over the years till I finally got the ending.

NorCalAirman
04-18-2011, 10:27 PM
Same here. Maybe not seven, but it took a while. I watched Vampire Hunter D much too young as well. MUCH too young. As for Akira, I kept watching because that motorcycle was just so frickin' awesome. At that age I watched it for the action and the motorcycles. As I grew older, I paid more attention to what was really going on. Hmm, isn't that just an interesting parallel.

battousai_ryuu
04-18-2011, 11:22 PM
Nice to meet you NorCal! Welcome to AF! I hope to see you around the forums sometime.

OtakuInu!!!
04-19-2011, 03:43 AM
Welcome to AF!

Hmmm... I don't think I could recommend some animes. XD Because they're not really in science fiction, they are mostly romance. XD But even so, I would like to recommend Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora (The Rising Half Moon in the Sky). It has some medical terms. But really less. And it's pretty short. Six episodes.

Have fun~!!!

Aleyna
04-19-2011, 05:07 AM
Hey there NorCal! Welcome to AF!*~hands you a cookie. There's a thread on af where people can recommend you animes to watch.

YuriEcchiGirl
04-19-2011, 09:56 AM
Hello there & a very warm welcome to AF.com, it's nice to meet you ^^

I hope that you have a really good time here & lots of fun ^^

The Rebel
04-26-2011, 04:01 PM
HELLO, HELLO! Welcome to animeforum. *shakes your hand* Always glad to welcome new meat, I mean members to the forum. I hope you'll post often and remember to follow the rules. If you need any help, or just want to chat feel free to message me and I'll do what I can to eat,,, I mean help you, lol. *starts chewing on your hand* Well, I really do hate to dine and dash, but there are still plenty of new members to eat, I MEAN greet, lol. Well, see you around the forum, laterz.
Oh, and as for recommends, I have seen MANY titles, but not sure what the site you mentioned might have that I've seen. You can message me if you want some possible recommends, but it depends on what you like, or are willing to try.