PDA

View Full Version : The card game.

Lily Rock
04-09-2011, 03:29 PM
So, anyone of you still playing the card game?
I certianly do!
---(edited below part, as I finally know most of the rules, and deck has changed alot)---
I run a Warrior deck, with lots of support and alot of negating cards, a Bushi, and a few other nice things to have.
Might start a equip targeted deck, supporting Evocator Chevalier and his effect, running a few re-use cards(Feather of the Phoenix, Magical Stone Excevation and such), 3 Vylon Matter, and possibly Gemini monsters.

Harmonics
04-11-2011, 02:24 AM
I do, I'm waiting for the new 2011 WC to come out.

Ranshiin
04-11-2011, 06:51 AM
I don't; I only have maybe 10, 15 cards? including a fairly uncommon Red Eyes Black Dragon card ... but I've never played the card game.

I know people who do though; they take it too seriously. :/

Meranda92
04-16-2011, 01:24 AM
I dont play the game but I do have a collection of the cards ^_^

すずめ
04-17-2011, 09:03 AM
I play card games.

Harmonics
04-29-2011, 11:37 AM
I don't; I only have maybe 10, 15 cards? including a fairly uncommon Red Eyes Black Dragon card ... but I've never played the card game.

I know people who do though; they take it too seriously. :/

Especially when they price cards thats over $100 (Pot of Duality) when it's not all that useful. The cards are just peices of paper with pretty pictures and shines that it only takes 5 cents to produce.

Ranshiin
04-29-2011, 11:47 AM
Especially when they price cards thats over $100 (Pot of Duality) when it's not all that useful. The cards are just peices of paper with pretty pictures and shines that it only takes 5 cents to produce.

It's the problem with anything; when something is popular, companies will try and produce as much merchandise as possible, produced as cheap as possible, sold as expensive as possible ... it's called profit. v.v

Harmonics
04-29-2011, 11:52 AM
True, but, it's not the company that made that card (or any card) expensive; it's the people. How can a company know what card turned out to be expensive?

OtakuInu!!!
04-30-2011, 11:23 AM
Sadly I don't play anymore. :( And I also don't remember what's in my deck anymore.

fallout87
05-02-2011, 07:49 PM
Have heaps of cards. Had a mad dragon deck that kicked ass. Dont play any more only because no one to duel with and if i did my wife would probably make fun of me anyway. lol

Daken.
05-03-2011, 05:25 AM
I used to, but I don't anymore. I have my deck left though, that consists of synchros and tuners and some other monsters and ect. It got pretty boring for me after that. Plus, most of my friends grew out of them.

elaina2173
06-16-2011, 03:33 PM
I have enough friends that play, so we still duel all the time. I've got a 5Ds deck that has never lost, but I don't use that one a lot because wheres the fun in that? I have three main strategy decks I made and they work wonders. Although my usual is a dragon deck.

ironglass
07-18-2011, 09:06 PM
I still like Yugioh
and I've played in 2 tournaments
Got 4th place and 5th place with 20 ppl
:D

Solgod14
07-20-2011, 11:45 AM
This seems like an intresting topic.

The deck that I utilize is a mixture of Gadget Machina and Offering Gadgets. The deck, in theory, was originally be a Gadget Machina deck that used the effects of the Gadgets to keep your hand constant and beat down with Machina Fortress.

I've teched in Ultimate Offering as a result of the new Exceeds coming out. Without the Exceeds, you would get the same result of keeping your hand constant, but you would also be able to swarm the crap out of the Gadgets.

Katie Dawn
07-24-2011, 10:58 PM
I wish I could play the game! Two problems:

- I never learned how to play (slowly learning by watching Yu-Gi-Oh, but don't know the proper rules)
- I only had 27 cards, and I gave them away because I wasn't doing anything with them

Lily Rock
07-25-2011, 04:46 AM
For those of you who want to play with eachother/random players, Duelingnetwork.com is a website where you can create your own deck and all, with every TCG/OCG card aviable(except the ZEXAL cards), all artworks too, and it is free.
Also, anyone else that is going to the sneak peek at the Generation Force set?

Ranshiin
07-25-2011, 09:49 AM

- I never learned how to play (slowly learning by watching Yu-Gi-Oh, but don't know the proper rules)
- I only had 27 cards, and I gave them away because I wasn't doing anything with them
I know people who play TCG irl, and play at actual serious several-hundred-players tournaments, and I've watched those same people play friendlies and I've watched quite a lot of the series.

The series, as Kaiba would say, "Screws the rules." Whilst the series is probably a good way to understand the basic concept of the game, the fact is that the series doesn't 100% stick to the actual rules and sometimes makes crap up in order to make something happen ;)

Lily Rock
07-25-2011, 10:29 AM

It isn't quite hard to learn the rules, however the rules themselves are quite difficult to maintain, I.E, effect chains and effects.
An easy way would be to watch on YouTube, duels and tournaments.
Here's also the link to the official rule book and rules video;
http://www.yugioh-card.com/uk/rulebook/

Katie Dawn
07-25-2011, 02:42 PM
It isn't quite hard to learn the rules, however the rules themselves are quite difficult to maintain, I.E, effect chains and effects.
An easy way would be to watch on YouTube, duels and tournaments.
Here's also the link to the official rule book and rules video;
http://www.yugioh-card.com/uk/rulebook/

Awesome, thanks! I might just try my hand at the Dueling Network website and use the rulebook to help me out :)

Lily Rock
07-25-2011, 05:08 PM
Awesome, thanks! I might just try my hand at the Dueling Network website and use the rulebook to help me out :)

Cool, just to let you know, the game isn't automatic at all, so you definately need to pay attention to certain effects, tell your opponent what you do and such.

Katie Dawn
07-25-2011, 05:46 PM
Cool, just to let you know, the game isn't automatic at all, so you definately need to pay attention to certain effects, tell your opponent what you do and such.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean ...

Lily Rock
08-06-2011, 06:09 PM
I went to the Sneak Peek of Generation Force...
Oh god, that's one box I'm getting as soon as possible, awesome set, cool new structures, archetypes and such, really worth the money.

BlackFlameWolf97
10-06-2012, 10:55 PM
I most certainly do for one reason: The strategy. It's like chess but with more thought, and thats what makes the game so addicting so fun. Yu-Gi-Oh! will soon replace chess haha.. But seriously this is really enjoyable if you've been with from the beginning like i have.

Ranehiku
11-02-2012, 10:58 AM
I had looked at Yu-Gi-Oh! cards with a friend in class back in high school. I liked those cards. He explained to me about the game, but I had some trouble trying to figure it out. Maybe I could look up some site on the Internet somewhere that would provide information for me to understand the rules of the game and what techniques there are.

-GAZKUL-
12-14-2012, 03:03 PM
play a little, pop up on DN whenever i'm bored. run Darkworlds but don't really take it too seriously.

qjackson
06-26-2013, 09:33 PM
In the physical relam.. No. In the digital relam. Yes.

ArcadeApocolypse
01-08-2014, 07:12 PM
I too play yugioh. In real life I have a DARK based deck and then an all-rounder deck. On DN I have like 10 different decks, my main one being my Zombie-type deck.

Toshiro Tazukura
03-21-2014, 01:57 AM
I play when I was young and the first season of yugioh came out

kenyan
07-06-2014, 01:54 PM
I played in promary school, now no one even has cards to play.