PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone knows an anime like Death Note?

キラー
02-27-2011, 11:53 AM
I watched DN and its the best anime i ever saw.
Does anyone know an anime like DN???

monicadionie
04-18-2011, 12:10 PM
Shinrei Tantei Yakumo
I like this anime. its not very similar like a death note, but very intresting too.

OtakuInu!!!
04-19-2011, 03:37 AM
Hmmm... Can you be more specific in what you're looking for?

Because if you want people disappearing because of revenge or by an instrument or something like that check out Jigoku Shoujo (Hell Girl).
If you want strategic and logical stuff try Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion.

trunkiu
05-06-2011, 07:35 PM
Monster! Starts off a bit slower than Death Note. But' it's ammmaazzziinngg!

Mister_S
05-16-2011, 10:25 PM
Yeah if you liked death note then check out code geass, you'll probably find it interesting.

Rin_Okumura_Fangirl
09-14-2011, 11:24 AM
ao no exorcist pwns.

Darkhallows
09-15-2011, 02:03 AM
I third Code Geass.

MysteryMoney
12-01-2011, 02:07 AM
54773I highly suggest Spiral or Zombie Loan. Though Spiral's theme is a lot more similar to Death Note than any other anime I have watched, but on another scale Zombie Loan is similar and addictive but isn't as similar as Spiral.

Spiral-The main protagonist has an enormous amount of intellegence his eldest step sister is a detective who is his siter realated by marriage. but when a chain of mysterious murders start to appear he is the only one who can truly figure out who is responsible for the massacres and see if thay have anything to do with the blade children or his eldest brother who dissapeared when he was a young boy.

zombie loan- zombie loan has some basic similarities to death note such as shinigami and shinigami eyes as well as the style of clothes, though the main story is about 50% similar to DEath NoTe.

side note: the picture of the shinigami and the bloody teenagers is Zombie Loan and the group of high school students is Spiral

hope this helps!54771

Lollipox
12-20-2011, 07:18 PM
Monster! Starts off a bit slower than Death Note. But' it's ammmaazzziinngg!

I am almost done with Death Note and was looking for something similar. I watched the first three episodes and thought it was too slow. Perhaps I'll give it a second try. =)

FaintSmile
01-04-2012, 06:24 PM
I completely agree with those who said Monster. The suspense is very psychological like Death Note, and they both revolve around sociopaths (Johan and Light).

Darkhallows
01-10-2012, 03:10 AM
Shiki
Its story is pretty different, but there's just something similar there.

Screwby
01-10-2012, 08:36 AM
I don't watch much psychological mysteries so the only one I can recommend is Eden of the East.
Though if you want some mystery in a 'dark' setting try Kara no Kyoukai or Baccano!
They aren't that similar to DN but if you like Death Note you will most likely like them.

Also for manga try Onani Master Kurosawa. It's a doujinshi that reached pretty good fame. It starts off as a Death Note parody about masturbation but ends up becoming an incredible manga that I recommend to anyone.

Ryuu No Kage
02-11-2012, 04:37 AM
Try Code Geass its got pretty much the same style.

mangeassshajigan
02-11-2012, 10:12 AM
u shud seriously try code geass its similar to dn except with mechas and it is about 30000x better than death note

Nickasaur
02-17-2012, 01:24 PM
Try Code Geass. Great show just like death note ^)^

Jasanime
02-17-2012, 02:16 PM
Shiki
Its story is pretty different, but there's just something similar there.

Interesting.... I didn't see any similarities between Death Note and Shiki. Can you elaborate?

Darkhallows
02-17-2012, 05:15 PM
From Anime-planet.com:
"Both Shiki and Death Note examine the psychology of murderers. These are both incredibly dark series with a "grey-and-grey" mortality to them. Can either Light or L be called a hero? Are the shiki or humans in the wrong? Both series are a visual treat to boot. If you like morally ambiguous, psychological horror-thrillers, these series are both excellent choices."
Which basically sums up how I feel, in better words.

stfulily
07-21-2012, 12:18 PM
Code Geass. Even though I'm only on the second episode, it really reminds me of Death note.

Clayton_n
07-21-2012, 04:39 PM
How do you mean "like"? You need to be much more specific.

Richard7
02-10-2013, 04:00 PM
hey, there's no anime like death note :P but there are some worth to check out.
You probarbly would like:
Gantz
Berserk
Hellsing
ergo proxy
elfen lied
deadmans wonderland
blood +

these are all pretty good, if you really want something a look a like death note you should stick with: monster

Stockgenius
06-22-2013, 12:29 PM
Shiki and Code Geass definitely tops the list here. Check them out!

clark24
07-20-2013, 05:35 AM
Animes that are like Death Note are hard to come by, as it's so unique, and that's what makes it so great! However, here are some other animes that have similar genres and a more serious/Death-Note-ish vibe to them.

Darker Than Black
Gankatsuou
Ghost in the Shell
Gunslinger Girl
Hell Girl ---> (This ones particularly good! Probably the most like death note.)
Serial Experiments Lain

~OTAKYU~
01-10-2014, 05:53 AM
try Baccano!

Plot:
Aboard the ship Advenna Avis in 1711, a group of alchemists summon a demon in the hopes of gaining eternal life. The demon gives them an elixir of immortality and the method of ending their existence, by "devouring" one another, and grants the summoner Maiza Avaro the formula of the elixir. Maiza and most of the alchemists decide that no one else must become immortal; only Szilard Quates opposes. The night, the alchemists begin to disappear, devoured by Szilard. Realizing the threat posed by staying together, they scatter across the globe.
In New York City during November 1930, Szilard succeeds in recreating the elixir, only to have it stolen by young thug Dallas Genoard. The elixir continually moves around the city because of Dallas, the three mafiosi Gandor brothers, the two eccentric thieves Isaac Dian and Miria Harvent and Firo Prochainezo and his Camorra family, the Martillo, all of whom do not realize what it is. Szilard makes Dallas an incomplete immortal (meaning he still ages) to retrieve the elixir. SPOILER! However, the Gandor, Firo Prochainezo, the Martillo, and Isaac and Miria accidentally consume the elixir. Firo falls in love with Szilard's homunculus Ennis. After she betrays Szilard by telling Firo how to devour Szilard, Firo uses the knowledge he absorbed from Szilard to save her from death. The Gandor cement Dallas to a barrel at the bottom of the Hudson River to punish him for killing Gandor members.

Idiotchan
01-26-2014, 06:09 AM
You can try Code Geass or Mirai Nikki.
They're both pretty similar with Death Note and if you ask me, they're all great.